shape
carat
color
clarity

8 years later...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SLK

Rough_Rock
One more question unrelated to the subject. I have a VS2,G 1.57 GIA cert. set in a Lazare 6 prongs platinum ring and a pair of VS1,D 0.65 (no cert) set in 6 prongs 18k white gold earrings. I am thinking either:

a) Have all three diamonds set in a three stone ring (for my right hand so I have something on my right hand with my 4 carat bezel setting 18k white gold bracelet), or

b) Set the 1.57 ct in a pendant and keep the earrings, or

c) Keep it in the 6 prongs ring

Any suggestion and feedback is greatly appreciated.

35.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yep....beautiful stone.small table,high crown.
18.gif
3ct,too big for me.
7.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
holy moly! the table on the gog one is 64%!
23.gif

it's an ags 4
stick with the wf stone.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah there''s no comparison between that GOG and the WF stone unfortunately...that GOG is an okay stone but it''s not even in the same league!

SLK

Rough_Rock
Lesley Harris from WF just called & emailed me and has placed the stone on hold.
36.gif
I can't wait until I see the stone while it's being appraised. Additionally, I will ask her to send http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/Tiffany-Knife-Edge_792.htm along with the stone to the appraiser (don't know if it's possible) so I can see how it will look with the diamond...
31.gif

P.S. - I still love http://www.tiffany.com/expertise/diamond/rings/engagement_tiffany.asp the most but don't know where I can find something exactly like it
30.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
SLK,

I went to Tiffany''s last week and saw that setting in person. It looks almost exactly like the one pictured in WF. I think if that stone you have on hold is eye clean, it is a winner.

GFORCE100

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/21/2005 1:36:50 AM
Author: SLK
Lesley Harris from WF just called & emailed me and has placed the stone on hold.
36.gif
I can't wait until I see the stone while it's being appraised. Additionally, I will ask her to send http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/Tiffany-Knife-Edge_792.htm along with the stone to the appraiser (don't know if it's possible) so I can see how it will look with the diamond...
31.gif

P.S. - I still love http://www.tiffany.com/expertise/diamond/rings/engagement_tiffany.asp the most but don't know where I can find something exactly like it
30.gif
I'm happy that you've come across a diamond you find attractive. Don't forget that you can also let WF and others make you a custom ring design hence bare this in mind. This way you can get what you really desire and place an even bigger smile on your face once the end result is within your hands.

The diamond mentioned herein this thread (the one on WF) is most probably available elsewhere too. This works by the fact the diamond business works in Lot's, many diamonds you see online offered by various vendors are not in their own inventory but rather physically somewhere belonging to a diamond wholesaler. What these internet vendors do is link to it and should you want a given diamond only then do they physically get it for you. Even Blue Nile does this as it's not smart putting money into diamonds that won't sell/take time to sell - it's better financial logic to sell on demand and have better company cashflow then frozen assets. Anyhow my point is (and this is the happy part for you) that this exact diamond might be offered at some other Internet vendor for a cheaper price. Once found you can use this price to better your price from WF or option B - choose to go with the other vendor.

So I think WF will serve you very well but it won't hurt to see if you can locate this diamond listed elsewhere for less. If anything it will give you a comparison what others are asking for it, after all it MAY be more expensive elsewhere but before you check it you'll never know.

Just some food for thought
1.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2005 2:44:02 AM
Author: GFORCE100

Date: 7/21/2005 1:36:50 AM
36.gif
I can''t wait until I see the stone while it''s being appraised. Additionally, I will ask her to send http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/Tiffany-Knife-Edge_792.htm along with the stone to the appraiser (don''t know if it''s possible) so I can see how it will look with the diamond...
31.gif

P.S. - I still love http://www.tiffany.com/expertise/diamond/rings/engagement_tiffany.asp the most but don''t know where I can find something exactly like it
30.gif
I''m happy that you''ve come across a diamond you find attractive. Don''t forget that you can also let WF and others make you a custom ring design hence bare this in mind. This way you can get what you really desire and place an even bigger smile on your face once the end result within your hands.

The diamond mentioned herein this thread (the one on WF) is most probably available elsewhere too. This works by the fact the diamond business works in Lot''s, many diamonds you see online offered by various vendors are not in their own inventory but rather physically somewhere belonging to a diamond wholesaler. What these internet vendors do is link to it and should you want a given diamond only then do they physically get it for you. Even Blue Nile does this as it''s not smart putting money into diamonds that won''t sell - it''s better financial logic to sell on demand and have better company cashflow then frozen assets. Anyhow my point is (and this is the happy part for you) that this exact diamond might be offered in some other Internet vendor for a cheaper price. Once found you can use this price to better your price from WF or option B - choose to go with the other vendor.

So I think WF will serve you very well but it won''t hurt to see if you can locate this diamond listed elsewhere for less. If anything it will give you a comparison what others are asking for it, after all it MAY be more expensive elsewhere but before you check it you''ll never know.

Just some food for thought
1.gif
gforce,
while you are correct that there are diamonds available virtually to all vendors, this particular diamond is not. it is wf''s own brand of ideal cut h&a which is known as ''a cut above''. these stones are cut to specific standards and are branded by wf. they are not sold by other vendors nor do other vendors have access to them.
2.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
True.

GF, we have a substantial in-house inventory: All "A Cut Above" diamonds are designed by Brian Gavin (co-founder of Whiteflash) and cut specifically for us by our Antwerp sightholder. All "Expert Selection" diamonds are either cut in the same factory or hand picked by Brian from other sources. They live in our vault until we find them a home
1.gif

Thank you Belle for the clarification.

GFORCE100

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/21/2005 3:18:56 AM
Author: JohnQuixote
True.

GF, we have a substantial in-house inventory: All ''A Cut Above'' diamonds are designed by Brian Gavin (co-founder of Whiteflash) and cut specifically for us by our Antwerp sightholder. All ''Expert Selection'' diamonds are either cut in the same factory or hand picked by Brian from other sources. They live in our vault until we find them a home
1.gif

Thank you Belle for the clarification.
Hello John,

Correct, was simply stating how a lot of these Internet vendors work. I personally regard WF as one of the best for example by the fact you provide so much information about each diamond straight away and the quality on offer - many customers come here or elsewhere and praise your products.

I hope this amends by previous statement putting it within the context it was meant.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gosh that 3c will be friggin STUNNING in that simple Tiffany setting. I am almost hyperventilating just thinking about it. and Med Blue Fluor? Ay Carumba!!

O and yes that diamond won''t be available with any other virtual vendors, it''s a branded ACA stone, not a wholesale item, so only WF has got it!

PLEASE keep us updated on what happened and if it all works out, POST PICTURES. many of them. What size ring are you?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/20/2005 10:08:32 PM
Author: belle
holy moly! the table on the gog one is 64%!
it's an ags 4
stick with the wf stone.
This comes a bit after the fact, but, well, the stone does not look half bad. I don't think AGS pretended to have classified all diamonds and even if they have that scores both based on a now dated AGS system and subject to further personal judgement. So... such personal judgement makes me ponder higher the rather nice optics (Bscope) and internal symetry (see picture) aside the lab's score. With as much detail Goood Old Gold puts up abut each stone, it seems feasible to judge the diamond for what it is aside taking some authoritative but generic judgement for ranted. The new AGS lab reports containng both performance metrics and proportions will probably allow this sort of thing in a more straightforward way, but for now... three optical performance ssystems used side by side (mentioned above) make for a rather decent substitute.

I could really repeat the above for the WF stone too, bar the mention of all those tests that are not provided specifically for each WF piece. Both diamonds seem nice and I can easily imagine each finding its way into a beautiful piece of jewelry
1.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/21/2005 12:59:48 AM
Author: Mara
yeah there's no comparison between that GOG and the WF stone unfortunately...that GOG is an okay stone but it's not even in the same league!
I would concur Mara's statement in this case. No comparison between the 2. There are some stones in our clearance section that we have here on consignment from certain manufacturers looking to move goods and priced accordingly.

You are being steered correctly and no offense taken whatsoever.

Peace,

SLK

Rough_Rock
Wow! Thank you very much everyone. By the way, my ring size is 5. Just one question, I wonder if anyone actually sleep since I see one posting was done at 3:18:56a.m.

26.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2005 3:39:07 PM
Wow! Thank you very much everyone. By the way, my ring size is 5. Just one question, I wonder if anyone actually sleep since I see one posting was done at 3:18:56a.m.

26.gif
]
John is actualy a vampire and only ventures out at night which is why he is always posting into the wee hours of the morning.
hehehehehe

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2005 7:11:41 AM
Author: GFORCE100

Hello John,

Correct, was simply stating how a lot of these Internet vendors work. I personally regard WF as one of the best for example by the fact you provide so much information about each diamond straight away and the quality on offer - many customers come here or elsewhere and praise your products.

I hope this amends by previous statement putting it within the context it was meant.
GF - Thanks for explaining, and for the kind words.
1.gif

Date: 7/21/2005 3:39:07 PM

Guilty as charged your honor. I sleep from Jan-March (Koalus Diamondus).

Strm - you wouldn't say that if you knew how much I like garlic, even at the grill. Besides, aren't vampires afraid of 'steaks.'
41.gif

SLK

Rough_Rock

Hi everyone,

Just talked Brian and Lesley (very nice and extremely helpful) from WF regarding the stone. Brian informed me that the stone actually looks like a VS2 I rather than SI1 J because he can hardly see the inclusions even with a 10X loupe (and yes, with his experience and expertise) and white. And that he cannot see any difference even under normal day light. He also give me a link https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/just-received-my-4-carat-whiteflash-ring-great-experience.15348/= on a previous setting he has done. I have asked Lesley to send the ring along with the stone to the independent appraiser. One problem though, I have called the local independent appraiser twice and email her but have not receive any response. Can¡¦t wait until she responses so I can view the diamond and the ring in person. Meanwhile, Lesley told me that she will pull the stone off the WF. I can¡¦t believe I have found a winner so quickly. Thank you very much everyone. Will keep you posted¡K

30.gif

SLK

Rough_Rock
emsmile.gif

SLK

Rough_Rock

Hi everyone. I will send the diamond and the setting to an independent appraiser for an initial qualitative analysis with me present for the first viewing (he will accept the diamond and the setting before I pay for them). If I decide to purchase the diamond and the setting, the independent appraiser will ship the package back to WF for mounting. My question is, once I paid the vendor, should I request the finished ring to be ship to me directly (so I can take it to the independent appraiser) or ship directly to the independent appraiser in order to photograph the finished ring taking into account the added value of the mounting and apply it to the final appraised value for insurance purposes. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

emsmile.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2005 6:15:02 PM

Hi everyone. I will send the diamond and the setting to an independent appraiser for an initial qualitative analysis with me present for the first viewing (he will accept the diamond and the setting before I pay for them). If I decide to purchase the diamond and the setting, the independent appraiser will ship the package back to WF for mounting. My question is, once I paid the vendor, should I request the finished ring to be ship to me directly (so I can take it to the independent appraiser) or ship directly to the independent appraiser in order to photograph the finished ring taking into account the added value of the mounting and apply it to the final appraised value for insurance purposes. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

emsmile.gif

I would say that''s up to you really. Personally, I would want to see it myself first b/c I would be so excited.

Congrats though! Sounds like it will be a phenomenal ring. Don''t forget pictures for us
3.gif

SLK

Rough_Rock
/

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
what happened with the stone you were looking at?

GFORCE100

Rough_Rock
Would need some time to check each link properly however my eyes see this:

1) Ignore any RB with a depth of 63%. I believe you have two of these within these link.

2) Try and keep the depth below 62% to get a very nice spread (size for weight) ratio. 62% is good but ~60-61.8% is better.

3) A lot of these are SI2 and 1 SI1 I believe correct? Because this is a very large diamond I would really want to check each of these diamonds personally to see were the inclusions are and if they are eye clean. A SI2-VS2 claritiy really needs to be a must for a one on one eye inspection as some are better than others.

4) Some of these diamonds don't have the angle info so perhaps you could request this data from the sellers.

5) I spotted a 41.5 pavilion angle on one, am I right? :) Anyhow, this is high and I would opt for something as 40.9 as the MAX and much less if you like more color light being returned.

6) J color, some love them, others hate them. Have you see one in person just so you know what it looks like? Remember the yellow tint is more visible from the side and bottom down. Face up you would probably think it's a H (Commercial white) taking a wild guess.

One question you need to ask yourself when looking for the ideal diamond (even if you are just seeing what other options you have.... :) is whether you prefer white light or more colored light? Depending on this you'll be seeking somewhat slightly different crown/pavilion angles and table sizes.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not really, that''s way too many options than most people have time to spend assisting...

If you can narrow it down using PS education to 2-3 it would be best. aka stick with depths under 62%, check the angles, get Sarin information on all the diamonds so you are comparing apples to apples, etc.

And yes, what happened to the one you had on hold at WF? To me that one was the cream of the crop. I was considering it myself.
2.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Yes, what happened? that 3ct WF stone looked primo.
33.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/25/2005 10:40:06 PM
Author: Jennifer5973
Yes, what happened? that 3ct WF stone looked primo.
33.gif
maybe it''s on the way to Mara.
20.gif

SLK

Rough_Rock

Hi everyone,

Just came back from the independent appraiser to view the stone from WF while it¡¦s being evaluated. He confirmed the cut and clarity is identical to the AGS report. However, he said that the stone looks more like a K rather than J. I can definitely see the difference in color when it was placed next to different color stones (he had D, F, I, L, and M stones place in between it). I also compared my VS2 ¡V G/H color (set in platinum ¡V appears to be very white ¡V color was confirmed by the independent appraiser) side by side to the one from WF (placed it in a platinum setting) and can see a yellowish color in the one from WF either under fluorescence light or regular day light. The stone is absolutely eye-clean and sparkly like crazy, excellent light return and fire (much better than my VS2-G/H color stone). It¡¦s a beautiful stone but the color bothers me a bit since I am used to seeing H color and above (and yes, I have never seen any stone below H in person and my sister has a GIA VS1-F/H&A ideal cut & I couldn¡¦t see any different in color between her or mine). What do you think? Would people just focus on how sparkly it¡¦s and less on the color after it¡¦s mounted? I almost wanted to cry after viewing the stone in person and seeing that it has the yellowish color in it (or maybe b/c I thought this is the ONE and had great expectation on it and the search would be over?) Please help me!!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry to hear that. However if the color bothers you return it. Keeping will only make you wish you hadnt and for as much money as diamonds are it just isnt worth. Eventually you will find the perfect stone which steals your heart. But if you can see the color diffrence you dont need an appraiser to tell you what to do. Really you have to follow your heart. It isnt about what other people see, it is about what you see.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results