shape
carat
color
clarity

1.8 carat Portuguese cut Tananian pink spinel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This stone is cut remarkably well and has awesome scintillation and life. The color is like a delicate pink and it has blue sparks in certain lights, but does not shift to lavender in any other lighting. It's remarkably crystal, and only has one small tiny bubble inclusion indicative of spinels. No sleepiness whatsoever. It's not a super saturated pink, but a delicate pink. No brown in the stone. I can't really get the true color to come out in my photos, but the truest color is probably the bottom right hand fuzzy photo. The top photos are more mauve than the stone IRL, but they show off the sparkle. The photos were all taken in natural diffused light in my den on a cloudy day. I have not seen this stone in sunlight yet. The one photo where it's sitting on top of an empty setting is in incandescent light.

Well, honest opinions are welcome. Just wanted to share another stone in my ever growing spinel collection. I'm finding I actually am becoming enamored with them for the good value they represent (in relation to their more expensive cousin, corundum) , and they're untreated, and sparkle like mad.

TLtanazanianpinkcollage.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another pic trying to get the true color to come out.

TLtanzanianpink2.JPG

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks a bit pinky salmon on my monitor, but more than likely its the angle in which you took the picture. Does it change a bit in different lights?

Frankly, I like it.
3.gif
It dosen''t suit my skin tone but I still like it.
3.gif

You don''t sound too sure about this one. Maybe a few days and in some sunlight you might change your mind??

-A

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very very pretty TL and I love the cut. I wish we could upload videos because I bet that one is a real sparkler. It looks gorgeous. What are your plans for it?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s pretty and looks super sparkly! Is this another one from your Secret Squirrel ebay seller?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see some orange in the lower right picture and second picture.
11.gif
9.gif

(I know it''s challenging for you to take nekkie stone pictures).

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
I love the color of this stone. I''m sure there are some who''d even say it''s pad like (looking at the bottom right and the blurred photo in the next post). What are your plans for this one?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2009 3:08:53 PM
Author: Chrono
11.gif
9.gif

Funny, I was thinking the same thing!
31.gif
31.gif
11.gif
9.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a lovely color and looks very sparkly. I love spinels.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/24/2009 12:28:54 PM
Author: Arcadian
It looks a bit pinky salmon on my monitor, but more than likely its the angle in which you took the picture. Does it change a bit in different lights?

Frankly, I like it.
3.gif
It dosen''t suit my skin tone but I still like it.
3.gif

You don''t sound too sure about this one. Maybe a few days and in some sunlight you might change your mind??

-A
Thanks A,
I think it would nice on your skin tone. It''s a very bright stone, and I like bright colors on you. It''s definitely a keeper. I just always like honest opinions. I haven''t seen it in sunshine yet, but it doesn''t shift color much. It has blue sparkles, but they''re hard to capture in the photos.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/24/2009 1:02:24 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Very very pretty TL and I love the cut. I wish we could upload videos because I bet that one is a real sparkler. It looks gorgeous. What are your plans for it?
Thanks LD.
It is definitely a sparkler. It's very crystal, and with the cutting, really adds to it. No plans yet, I am currently working on setting my new violet spinel, and then maybe my tsavorite. I have so many loose stones (you know how that is), but I would like to eventually set this one. Not rose gold though, huh?
2.gif
11.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/24/2009 1:04:25 PM
Author: packrat
I think it''s pretty and looks super sparkly! Is this another one from your Secret Squirrel ebay seller?
Thanks Packrat, yes, it''s from my ebay seller. It''s the only place I can get a decent spinel before a PS''er gets to it first. LOL!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/24/2009 3:08:53 PM
Author: Chrono
11.gif
9.gif

It is challenging, and you know what, in some lighting, it does look like an orange-pink. Therefore, the orange I didn''t see there beforehand when I first got it, I do see it now. However, it''s not an overwhelming orange, going into brown. It''s like a salmon-pink in certain lighting.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/24/2009 4:21:08 PM
Author: AustenNut
I love the color of this stone. I''m sure there are some who''d even say it''s pad like (looking at the bottom right and the blurred photo in the next post). What are your plans for this one?

Thanks AustenNut,
I was afraid to say pad-like because this is a spinel, but it does remind me of a padparadscha in certain lighting. It does have blue sparkles though. I want to eventually set it, but no plans at the moment.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Flygirl,
There is a little orange in the pink.

Date: 12/24/2009 4:29:26 PM
Author: marcyc
It is a lovely color and looks very sparkly. I love spinels.
Thanks Marcyc!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovely stone TL.
9.gif

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
I looked at the pictures of the spinels you sent back to MC and while the cutting is better on the stone in this thread. In my honest opinion I really don''t think the color on this stone is in the same league with the ones from MC. I guess that is just me though. Differnces is what makes the world go round.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mahenge-spinels.116882/

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/25/2009 1:00:35 AM
Author: colormyworld
I looked at the pictures of the spinels you sent back to MC and while the cutting is better on the stone in this thread. In my honest opinion I really don't think the color on this stone is in the same league with the ones from MC. I guess that is just me though. Differnces is what makes the world go round.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mahenge-spinels.116882/
CMY,
I really wasn't comparing this stone to the ones from MC.com. Color wise, if I'm going to get a Mahenge, I think I should probably spend more money to get one that is a finer color. It's just not worth it to me to not get one that isn't higher quality since they are such prized stones. This new particular spinel is just a fun stone, and a great sparkler for the price. It's prettier in person too. Thanks for your honest opinion.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/24/2009 11:05:32 PM
Author: Lovinggems
Lovely stone TL.
9.gif
Thank you Lovinggems!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
I like the colour, I think it looks good on the empty setting you plonked it in, and it looks to be very sparkly - I think it is a very pretty stone

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Very nice! That bi-color effect is really interesting.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you BlingAddict and Mr. Ma Rae.

Here''s a shot of it next to some of my favorite spinels and my new tsavorite. This newest stone is all the way to the left. I love the cutting. The spinel next to it is a Burmese raspberry pink. The one all the way to the right is my new violet. I put the cuprian ring in there because I''m considering 18K yellow gold and that ring is 18K yellow gold.

I like this shaded picture because it really shows off the faceting. Whomever the cutter was, he/she did a job I would expect from a top precision faceter. The polish, the facet meets, everything about the cutting, is impeccable. I suspect my tsavorite was done by the same cutter. It has almost identical proportions and cutting to this stone, and sparkles like crazy too.

TLselectionstones2.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I love the photo of a few of your favorite things.
35.gif

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Love it love it!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous - love that cut, and the delicate shade of pink, just lovely
30.gif
30.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2009 5:42:51 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Thanks Packrat, yes, it''s from my ebay seller. It''s the only place I can get a decent spinel before a PS''er gets to it first. LOL!
Tl-very lovely stone!

Your comment made be laugh about a PS''er not getting to the stone first, actually you and I have been bidding on alot of the same stones for quit some time :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/25/2009 3:04:37 PM
Author: stepcutnut

I think it's pretty and looks super sparkly! Is this another one from your Secret Squirrel ebay seller?

Thanks Packrat, yes, it's from my ebay seller. It's the only place I can get a decent spinel before a PS'er gets to it first. LOL!
Tl-very lovely stone!

Your comment made be laugh about a PS'er not getting to the stone first, actually you and I have been bidding on alot of the same stones for quit some time :)
That is so funny SCN, I do have private feedback though, so I don't know how you know it's me. Truth be told, as much as I like the precision cutter material, I gave up buying it because their best stuff gets swiped up so fast, you have to stalk the sites to get what you want, and I do not have any patience for that. Also, some of their sites do not update when something is sold, and that irks me, so I just go on ebay to my trusted sellers. It's also fun browsing ebay, so much variety if you can avoid the sharks.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thans AmberG, MarcyC, and Largosmom!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/25/2009 3:20:58 PM
Date: 12/25/2009 3:04:37 PM

Author: stepcutnut

I think it's pretty and looks super sparkly! Is this another one from your Secret Squirrel ebay seller?

Thanks Packrat, yes, it's from my ebay seller. It's the only place I can get a decent spinel before a PS'er gets to it first. LOL!

Tl-very lovely stone!

Your comment made be laugh about a PS'er not getting to the stone first, actually you and I have been bidding on alot of the same stones for quit some time :)

That is so funny SCN, I do have private feedback though, so I don't know how you know it's me. Truth be told, as much as I like the precision cutter material, I gave up buying it because their best stuff gets swiped up so fast, you have to stalk the sites to get what you want, and I do not have any patience for that. Also, some of their sites do not update when something is sold, and that irks me, so I just go on ebay to my trusted sellers. It's also fun browsing ebay, so much variety if you can avoid the sharks.
I know it is funny isn't it-what a small world :) It was pretty easy for me to figure out it was you(even with your private feedback) by the # of stones we've each bid on at the same time and then you posted them on PS. I have purchased alot of stones and jewelry on ebay over the years and usually find some fun things!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I like the colour and cut (and I''m not usually a pink person).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results