shape
carat
color
clarity

1.5 carat VS2 cushion cut - how does it look?

BarbBe

Rough_Rock
I just wrote Joshua that I would like to have my money back. I should have done so sooner.

I have just been preoccupied with an unforseen family event. Sounds like a lame excuse, but it is true and I had just hoped that things would work out.

Hey Barbara,

Please check your email. Happy to refund you immediately. We've been trying to get in touch, we're open 7 days a week from 10am -12am EST. We are always available.

Please reply to our most recent email and we'll get this taken care of for you right away.

toldani

Rough_Rock
Trade
Paul-Antwerp|1426506843|3847938 said:
Joshua, Jonathan, Toldani,

Forgive me, but reading this reply the other day got me thinking, and I cannot help but feeling that you seem to need some fatherly advice. It is clear that you, as the new guys on the block, have created quite a stir in our community, and as an oldtimer here, I cannot help but feel sympathy for your youthful enthusiasm, while I am shaking my head about all the errors that you could avoid. I even start getting the impression that you are using the PS-forums as a means to find the inefficiencies/errors in your organization, much more than as a channel for your sales. Most importantly, as we clearly are not in competition with each other, I hope that you allow me following questions as well-meant fatherly advice.

- Specifically, on this situation of certain of your suppliers offering diamonds for sale which are not technically theirs or under their full control, this is a major problem to address. PS as a community is extremely sensitive to bait-and-switch-tactics, and if you do not urgently find a system to solve this problem, this is going to hurt your reputation.
Thanks for the solid advice. Really, the problem is with a small subset of suppliers that update by deleting all of their listings, then uploading a new, slightly-modified version of their inventory list with all-new stock numbers. We have a feature that makes it so that if one supplier buys a diamond from another supplier, then lists it, the page for the diamond will redirect to the new supplier's listing, which is normally pretty convenient and seamless for the customer. The problem arises when one of the aforementioned suppliers re-lists inventory that they don't actually have (and was sold by the supplier that actually DOES have it) under new stock numbers. On the backend, it looks the same as a return on memo. It's definitely possible to fix this, but it's not a quick fix. I've moved it up as being higher-priority, and can probably patch it by the end of the week.

Talking about your cut-score, here is a question or idea: Why do you even bother listing stones that have a cut-score below 100? From what I read, you do not seem eager to sell these anyway, so why confuse the public with listings of such stones?
Our cut score isn't perfect, but it's pretty good at doing what it was designed to do: pointing customers towards better-cut diamonds. We give them our opinions and guidance as much as possible, but we ultimately leave it up to them to decide what they want. Our cut score reflects our preferences, but not necessarily those of our customers.

Finally, and this is an important one: You all seem to be working very hard on making this company a success, spending a lot of time on this forum and in direct communication with your customers. Kudos for that, I can only appreciate well-meant hard work. At the same time, I see you spending a lot on advertising and other affiliate-expenses. Fatherly advice: Do make sure that you have your incoming and outgoing under control, and that enough is left to reward you for your hard work. If you are now spending a lot of time on individual sales and on individual interactions with consumers, do not expect that to decrease. Your business seems to be built upon achieving high volumes with minimal net-margins. Did you really think this through in the medium-term?
I don't really mind the hard work. I grew up on a dairy farm, and programming is certainly preferable to and potentially more lucrative than milking cows. I don't think our volumes are that high, although the only way to know what our customers want is to have customers, and we've certainly been having some growing pains lately.

I hope that you appreciate my candor. I must say, I still remember the few persons who set me straight in the beginning of my career, when I thought I was ready to rule the world.

Live long,
Thanks again.

noscrusir

Shiny_Rock

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

baroque

Shiny_Rock
Sick in a good way??? Please elaborate :)

ismaiL92

Rough_Rock
sick as in awesome! I'll keep you guys posted on the final ring :angel:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
RockyRacoon|1426362267|3847218 said:
pfunk|1426358581|3847201 said:
I have stated exactly why I like the cut score system for ROUNDS. I established the reasons WHY I like it with Rocky but then he/she disappeared.

I did not disappear.

There is nothing to debate here - you think the system is viable, and I've told you why it inherently isn't. You have the right to your opinion.

I am a man, by the way.
minor thread-hijack
Dear RR, it is profoundly disappointing to read these last 7 words.
I have always thought of you as a cute diamond-loving raccoon and will continue to think of you as such.

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
Jimmianne|1426864170|3850025 said:
RockyRacoon|1426362267|3847218 said:
pfunk|1426358581|3847201 said:
I have stated exactly why I like the cut score system for ROUNDS. I established the reasons WHY I like it with Rocky but then he/she disappeared.

I did not disappear.

There is nothing to debate here - you think the system is viable, and I've told you why it inherently isn't. You have the right to your opinion.

I am a man, by the way.
minor thread-hijack
Dear RR, it is profoundly disappointing to read these last 7 words.
I have always thought of you as a cute diamond-loving raccoon and will continue to think of you as such.

Did I forget to say man RACCOON? My mistake.

On the internet, anything is possible!

ismaiL92

Rough_Rock
Update:

I don't know why all the hate on enchanted, their customer server is so primo. I'm proposing in two days and I'm freaking the **** out and keep bugging them all, but they're keeping me calm by giving me solid updates. josh himself is working with me to make sure this all goes as smooth as possible.

IM GETTING ENDAGEDDddd

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ismaiL92|1427220984|3851868 said:
Update:

I don't know why all the hate on enchanted, their customer server is so primo. I'm proposing in two days and I'm freaking the [censored] out and keep bugging them all, but they're keeping me calm by giving me solid updates. josh himself is working with me to make sure this all goes as smooth as possible.

IM GETTING ENDAGEDDddd

It looks very nice! Congratulations...so glad you are happy! Pictures when you get it set!

ismaiL92

Rough_Rock
Thank you tyty333! You rule!

ismaiL92

Rough_Rock
Guys, here are the final pics of the ring. Words can't even describe. Josh hooked it up. I'll be writing a full review on Enchanted. But as a quick summary of events:

I ordered the ring/diamond last week in the middle of the night and worked with josh himself on securing everything. He instantly got started on the design for the ring, keeping me updated on the design using CAD screenshots/renders. He kept me informed of every step the ring was going through, from the building of the CAD design, to the final placement, to the shipping, enchanted kept me in the loop the whole time.

I am so excited. SO STOKED.

2386__6_of_16_.jpg

2386__15_of_16_.jpg

yasssss

Shiny_Rock
it's beautiful! so happy you love it! Good luck with the proposal! can't wait to hear what your fiance thinks of it and for handshots!!!

ismaiL92

Rough_Rock
bump cause this ring is sICK!

ismaiL92

Rough_Rock
Kinda suspect that once the ring pulls through (+ looks amazing), and everything went as planned this board all but drops discussion since it's enchanted that made it all possible. what really went on with this thread? :naughty: :eh:

noscrusir

Shiny_Rock
Really nice looking ring. My only question would be that the prongs look a bit large for this diamond. I'm glad you like it and that ED came through. There's certainly a place for vendors with large catalogs and low prices in the consumer forum.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results