shape
carat
color
clarity

Si1 D with faint fluorescence vs Si2 G with none?

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you to everyone for being so educative, kind, and patient with me. I am not sure if anyone on here helping me on this thread might have what I’m looking for, his birthday is 6/18. I will attach a picture of the general idea. I’m warning you, as a jeweler it will not excite or wow you, but my husband is not a flashy gent. He likes yellow gold.
I thought that I could have answered all of the questions on C,C,C before talking with everyone here but I do not think I can now. I know that I want one carat, because I think he would not like anything larger. I know I want it beautiful for him. At this point, I’m not even sure what that would cost.
I can tell you that I have gained a lot of respect for how hard it is to be a gemologist! IMG_0260.jpeg

Just to clarify, most people here are consumers, and trade members have a designated trade badge on their postings. In addition, members of the trade are not allowed to comment on specifics of other vendors’ merchandise nor push their own. They’re only permitted to post educational comments or answer questions. All to say, people are here because they love helping people buy the best quality diamond for their money— not to sell stuff. You are in great hands with @DejaWiz !

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sure WF can also order from stuller (which is a company that makes settings and only sells to jewelers).

Example:

Yes, Whiteflash would be super quick and could almost certainly get you the ring before 6/18. Here are some examples on the lower end and higher end of pricing for a sub-1 carat stone from white flash. Do any of these mesh with the budget you had in mind?
I know you have a lot of on your mind, but Bruce Boone also makes awesome men’s settings. See this thread of a member who made one using a stone from white flash:
Post in thread 'Mens Bling Eyecandy Folder'
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mens-bling-eyecandy-folder.116617/post-5275886
IMG_8234.png

Attachments

• IMG_8233.png
    IMG_8233.png
    588.4 KB · Views: 3

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a link that will get you to possible yellow-gold men's rings from Stuller. I would also check the weight on the rings and make
sure they have enough gold in them. I think a guy would prefer something that feels solid. You have to get the cost of the ring from
Whiteflash.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're getting great advice now, @OliverRudy!

The problem with the diamond facing up smaller than it should isn't one of it being flashy or not flashy. It's an indication of problems with the cut, which will affect light return. Light return is what makes it flash and sparkle - so you definitely want that! If it's deep, it indicates poor cut, and that will give you less light return. So you want to stay within optimum parameters.

White Flash sells their branded cut - "A Cut Above". You definitely want one of those. They're *ALL* beautifully cut to pre-designated, very tight parameters, so you can't go wrong with an ACA diamond and it takes 100% of the worry out of the procedure.

Stuller is a great brand for rings, so this, plus WhiteFlash, will give you something I'm positive you'll love! And WhiteFlash has the best customer service in the business, so your experience should be enjoyable from beginning to end. Let them know you need some hand holding and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to step up to the plate and help that little extra bit.

Your budget is very generous, just btw, so no issues there. And my sympathies for what you and your husband are going through. I hope this gift brings you both great joy and much pleasure.

ETA Faint fluorescence is never an issue, and WF individually vet all of their diamonds anyway, so something like that would never make it through quality control.

Last edited:

OliverRudy

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone! Y’all are lifesavers! I have contacted White Flash and a woman there is on the hunt for a ring style like the photographs that can be made in time.
Stay tuned because I may need your opinions on the actual diamond once it’s narrowed down.
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone! Y’all are lifesavers! I have contacted White Flash and a woman there is on the hunt for a ring style like the photographs that can be made in time.
Stay tuned because I may need your opinions on the actual diamond once it’s narrowed down.
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Excited for you!! FYI, Whiteflash CEO just posted they lost power in the recent storm, so may be slower to respond. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/whiteflash-operations-storm-related-outage.283172/

OliverRudy

Rough_Rock
So here are some options that WF sent to me...
I don't know what the optimal cut stats would be or what the optimal "face up" size is.
Any opinions?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I don't know what the optimal cut stats would be or what the optimal "face up" size is.
Any opinions?

Both are cut perfectly.
Loving the 1.022 a sliver more, but perhaps ask for side by side comparison videos for your own benefit.

OliverRudy

Rough_Rock

josieKat

Shiny_Rock
The 1.04 G SI1 spoke to me more in the videos (which surprised me because I thought I'd go for the smaller table of the 1.022), but I agree that picking your top two or three contenders and asking for a side-by-side comparison might help - these are all so well cut that you can just go based on which one catches your eye the most.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any opinions?

I love the F, but I agree with the others on asking for a side-by-side comparison video of your top two choices.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results