color
clarity

Racy Photos of Melania Trump

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock
ruby59|1478976173|4097508 said:
CJ2008|1478975497|4097500 said:
I am seriously confused.

I have not read - unless I missed it - one single person saying they have a problem with the pictures of Melania.

For those saying that there's women bashing, slut shaming, etc., can you share the specific phrases and words that come across that way.

I am genuinely curious because that is not at all my perspective coming away from this thread so I feel like it must be staring me in the face and I'm just missing it.

IMO, bringing it here in the first place, and then putting warning buoys around it like OMG, was a double standard.

And even the word "racy" has at least for my generation a negative connotation.

For most people who work, clicking on semi-nude photos on a work device on purpose is a fireable offense. Of course, pop-ups and accidental things probably wouldn't get you fired. But come on why take the risk? Last thing anyone needs is topless women on our screen when our bosses walk by.

If you work, take a look at your computer/internet usage policy. On other sites I visit such posts are labeled NSFW (not safe for work). I haven't seen it used here, so I'm not sure people would know what it means. I didn't realize warnings were so offensive. :-o

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't feel Dee*Jay passed judgement on the photo but who care if she did?!? This is a public forum and we all have the right to express out opinions. Personally, I have no idea the type of person Melania is. She may enjoy the limelight as much as her husband. This thread reminded me of this article I recently read. Being in the public spotlight doesn't give you a pass or secure you privacy. She better get used to it.

http://www.trueactivist.com/conservatives-criticize-michelle-obama-for-bare-arms-stay-silent-on-melania-trumps-nude-poses/

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So what if DJ judged?
We ALL do it ALL the time.

Judging others is wise!

One who does not judge lets their 14-yr old daughter date that homeless 50 year old guy who lives under the bridge.

Those institutions that told us judging is a bad thing are ... well ... :nono:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
I appreciate the warning, as I prefer my **** with strategically placed black boxes.
Must admit that I find it embarrassing for a First Lady, but don't want her to be shamed or marginalized.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1478981032|4097533 said:
DEEEEEJAAAAAAY. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Just keep on being you (you pint-sized wine guzzling sh*t stirrer) I wuv you.

Me 2.

DJ, please run for US pres in 2020. :appl:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1478981185|4097535 said:
DJ, please run for US pres in 2020. :appl:
Haaaaa, I can just see that now Kenny. DJ and her pack of Demon dogs smiting the ignoble.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maria D|1478900095|4097188 said:
Thanks for posting the link dee-jay, I hadn't seen these before. She had a luscious body back in the day and probably still does. Does anyone know if her boobs were real? Her eyes were lovely then too. While still sexy looking, I feel that now she tends to be overly made up and her eyes always look severely squinted. I can't tell if it's the way she applies makeup, or if she's actually squinting, or if it's perhaps from cosmetic surgery taken too far.

I wouldn't have a problem with her posing nude now, as first lady. What's the issue? Like it's going to embarrass us in front of the world or something? hahahaha

I also think she was, and is, incredibly sexy. I also agree she looks a bit squinty, but my guess is that's a make-up thing as I would be surprised if sh'es had face work done since she's so young and very attractive to begin with. Not sure about her boobs -- it didn't strike me in the photos that she was heavily endowed, but I did have the fleeting thought that they looked "big" when I saw a photo of her a few days ago in a white pantsuit (which is irony in and of itself given what a white pantsuit had come to symbolize on the the other side of the aisle recently), but I don't know if it is a function of surgery or the outfit or praying to the boob gods and having your wishes come true.

And, as I stated before, I wouldn't have a problem with her posting nude as first lady, just like I don't have a problem with her posing nude previously. She's got a great body -- more power to her to rock it

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few points I will address generally and not quote any specific poster:

Regarding the spotlight on candidates' spouses and children, I agree that the minor children should be left out of the limelight if that is what the family has decided is best. Spouses/SOs however are a different matter in my opinion. If you have stuck with your spouse/SO through a campaign and he or she has now been elected you either knew what you, by virtue of being associated with him/her, were getting into in terms of public scrutiny or you are seriously deluding yourself.

I appreciate the point that these photos were taken (presumably) in the course of a shoot that the models participated in voluntarily and there was no understanding that the outcome would remain private. If either of those is incorrect, than we have an entirely different matter and hand, but I have not come across anything that leads me to believe that to be the case. To imply that these photos were taken in the past and should be private contradicts the fact that they were taken to provide exposure (no pun intended) of the subject to the public

As for slut shaming, the person being shamed must be perceived as a slut for slut shaming to apply. Just following simple logic, if you feel I am slut shaming with this post then you must feel the person being discussed is a slut. However let us be clear: *I* have not said that anywhere. Here in this thread, elsewhere on PS, or anywhere else on or off of the internet. That’s your mind at work and I can’t help you with that.

ETA: Of the many definitions of "slut" that I just read through in an attempt to make sure I had a full understanding of the topic at hand my favorite is from Urban Dictionary. "Slut - a woman with morals of a man." Ha!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1478989204|4097572 said:
Maria D|1478900095|4097188 said:
Thanks for posting the link dee-jay, I hadn't seen these before. She had a luscious body back in the day and probably still does. Does anyone know if her boobs were real? Her eyes were lovely then too. While still sexy looking, I feel that now she tends to be overly made up and her eyes always look severely squinted. I can't tell if it's the way she applies makeup, or if she's actually squinting, or if it's perhaps from cosmetic surgery taken too far.

I wouldn't have a problem with her posing nude now, as first lady. What's the issue? Like it's going to embarrass us in front of the world or something? hahahaha

I also think she was, and is, incredibly sexy. I also agree she looks a bit squinty, but my guess is that's a make-up thing as I would be surprised if sh'es had face work done since she's so young and very attractive to begin with. Not sure about her boobs -- it didn't strike me in the photos that she was heavily endowed, but I did have the fleeting thought that they looked "big" when I saw a photo of her a few days ago in a white pantsuit (which is irony in and of itself given what a white pantsuit had come to symbolize on the the other side of the aisle recently), but I don't know if it is a function of surgery or the outfit or praying to the boob gods and having your wishes come true.

And, as I stated before, I wouldn't have a problem with her posting nude as first lady, just like I don't have a problem with her posing nude previously. She's got a great body -- more power to her to rock it

I don't think anyone will argue that Melania has a great body. I definitely think she has had plastic surgery on her eyes/face. Her face looks kind it's pulled back too tight. When my niece was about seven a friend of her's mom had plastic surgery on her eyes. I almost fell over when my niece asked me what "bad plastic surgery" means.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
If it is a job, she was paid for that job- why is it harmful for them to be posted? That is the whole idea behind modeling and marketing!!! Most models, you know, WANT their work seen by as many people as possible. If they are seen by 3 people, that is the opposite of success.

Are you seriously telling me that the OP brought the pictures here to admire this woman?

Or was it to show one more reason why Trump should not have been elected?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am seriously confused.

I have not read - unless I missed it - one single person saying they have a problem with the pictures of Melania.

For those saying that there's women bashing, slut shaming, etc., can you share the specific phrases and words that come across that way.

I am genuinely curious because that is not at all my perspective coming away from this thread so I feel like it must be staring me in the face and I'm just missing it.

IMO, bringing it here in the first place, and then putting warning buoys around it like OMG, was a double standard.

I have already explained why I put the warning out there. I'm not explaining it again. Other people get it, I'm not sure why you don't.

As for racy, I went and read some definitions of that word too, just like I just went and read up on slut. Suggestive, risque, and the definition that Maria D already posted: "mildly sexually titillating." If these photos don't fit the definition of racy I don''t know what does.

To close this post I agree with what Maria D said in regard to the word racy: "It's only negative if you choose it to be."

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1478991643|4097581 said:
If it is a job, she was paid for that job- why is it harmful for them to be posted? That is the whole idea behind modeling and marketing!!! Most models, you know, WANT their work seen by as many people as possible. If they are seen by 3 people, that is the opposite of success.

Are you seriously telling me that the OP brought the pictures here to admire this woman?

This baffles me. How could photos taken of his wife years before they even met be a reason I'm implying Trump should not be president? I try to follow your logic Ruby so that I can have an intelligent conversation with you in that Point A follows Point B and so on, but there are times when it escapes me.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about a PSer swimsuit contest?... :naughty:

Kenny, No need for you to enter... :knockout:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori E-ring|1478980627|4097531 said:
I don't feel Dee*Jay passed judgement on the photo but who care if she did?!? This is a public forum and we all have the right to express out opinions. Personally, I have no idea the type of person Melania is. She may enjoy the limelight as much as her husband. This thread reminded me of this article I recently read. Being in the public spotlight doesn't give you a pass or secure you privacy. She better get used to it.

http://www.trueactivist.com/conservatives-criticize-michelle-obama-for-bare-arms-stay-silent-on-melania-trumps-nude-poses/

Interesting article Tacori!

If Michelle Obama is criticized for not "looking or acting like a First Lady" because she chooses fashions that show her bare arms I feel for Melania or any other First Lady with fashion sense that also didn't come from the dark ages.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata and Kenny, I'm only running if one of you will be my VP and other will be my Chief of Staff (you can flip a coin to decide who's who).

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1478992213|4097588 said:
How about a PSer swimsuit contest?... :naughty:

Kenny, No need for you to enter... :knockout:

Great idea DF -- feel free to start the contest by posting the first picture. I assume it will be of you in a speedo and a fabulous watch!

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I'm not explaining it again. Other people get it, I'm not sure why you don't.

And I will say this one more time.

Considering women on here feel another woman should be able to do anything they da*n please, I question why you brought these pictures here in the first place. They certainly were not news. And it was her husband who was elected, not her. it was to show one more reason of why she did not qualify as First Lady.

And a definition of a word or even the words themselves have different meanings depending on when or where you were raised. And in my time racy meant this - sexual impropriety.

So I bet her husband who is older would interpret it similarly.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
This is a public forum and we all have the right to express out opinions.

Only applies if you agree with the majority. If not you are piled on every time you post.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1478991835|4097584 said:

This baffles me. How could photos taken of his wife years before they even met be a reason I'm implying Trump should not be president? I try to follow your logic Ruby so that I can have an intelligent conversation with you in that Point A follows Point B and so on, but there are times when it escapes me.

If you cannot have an intelligent conversation with me it is probably because you are spinning so much you have made yourself dizzy.

I know why you brought these pictures here and they were meant to be an embarrassment to the people who voted for Trump.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find it highly hypocritical that women who call themselves feminists, do not support all women. Of course this was meant to criticize her. :nono:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1478993202|4097595 said:
I'm not explaining it again. Other people get it, I'm not sure why you don't.

And I will say this one more time.

Considering women on here feel another woman should be able to do anything they da*n please, I question why you brought these pictures here in the first place. They certainly were not news. And it was her husband who was elected, not her. it was to show one more reason of why she did not qualify as First Lady.

And a definition of a word or even the words themselves have different meanings depending on when or where you were raised. And in my time racy meant this - sexual impropriety.

So I bet her husband who is older would interpret it similarly.

Let me address this point by point:

I do indeed feel women, and all people, should be able to do anything they damn please. There is complete agreement on this point between me and anyone else who feels that way. I presume that you also feel that way, therefore you and I are in complete agreement on this matter.

I brought the photos to light because I assumed they would end up here anyway so why not begin a discussion I figured we were going to have anyway. I feel even more now that these photos would have come here as there have been many many racy photos of Melania posted in various media outlets in the past few days, I was simply the person to post them first. Take a look at the article Tacori linked as just one more example of photos of Melania that are now being widely circulated.

I have already addressed the concept of news. Please feel free to go back and reread that part.

It is indeed her husband who was elected. I am fully conscious of that fact and have never stated otherwise.

I addressed the point about showing one more reason why Trump should not be president. Please feel free to go back and reread that part too.

Words do have different meanings and are affected by the times in which you were raised. Words also have different meanings based on the time in which they are used. I have just looked at the online etymology dictionary of definitions going back to the 1650s as your post piqued by interest. That being said, having no idea of the age of the entire PS audience or where they each live (let alone were raised) it would be impossible to tailor my verbiage to every possible reader in that manner therefore I used racy in the current context in my society as that is the time and place in which I am posting.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1478993642|4097599 said:
Dee*Jay|1478991835|4097584 said:

If you cannot have an intelligent conversation with me it is probably because you are spinning so much you have made yourself dizzy.

I know why you brought these pictures here and they were meant to be an embarrassment to the people who voted for Trump.

I assure you I am neither spinning nor dizzy.

As for why I posted these photos, I have now addressed that for you twice.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am seriously confused.

Thanks for explaining ruby I appreciate it.

I went back and read the original post again to see if I could understand how you / anyone could feel that way. And I don't see it but that doesn't mean that it can't happen. I have to say that if she had NOT put the warning on there about clicking on the pictures I would have thought to myself "damn I wish she would have warned me I was about to see something unexpected."

I am not a Trump supporter so I haven't felt attacked and I realize that makes my experience here different than yours. Just keep in mind ruby that may be coloring your perceptions, and if you don't trust a poster's intentions there's no way for them to say anything that would make you feel otherwise.

I don't "know" Dee*Jay but I have no reason to doubt her words that she has no problem with the pictures. We're on a forum, we share stuff we find all over the Internet. Sometimes there's really no hidden agenda other than to share something we found, either to talk about it, to laugh about it, etc.

I don't say all this for any reason other than to show you a totally different perspective. Just maybe consider that the way you're feeling in general may be coloring what you think about the intention of this particular post, and as much as it feels a certain way it may just not be accurate.

Again thanks for explaining ruby.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went back and re-read OP's fist post. Comments like "maybe this is where her husband got the idea of grab them by the p***y." Let's be honest it was to pile on her. Like criticism about her platform as First Lady. Of course you can state your opinion. However I ask you again, is this feminist support? I'd call it cattiness!

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I am not a Trump supporter so I haven't felt attacked and I realize that makes my experience here different than yours. Just keep in mind ruby that may be coloring your perceptions, and if you don't trust a poster's intentions there's no way for them to say anything that would make you feel otherwise.

I don't "know" Dee*Jay but I have no reason to doubt her words that she has no problem with the pictures. We're on a forum, we share stuff we find all over the Internet. Sometimes there's really no hidden agenda other than to share something we found, either to talk about it, to laugh about it, etc.

You made an incorrect assumption about me. I did not vote for Trump. I left the vote for President blank and voted for the the bond issues. I would have never voted for him but could not find one reason to vote for her either.

But I respect the process and will take a wait and see approach.

I understand about sharing things on a message board, but for a bunch of liberal women that post was very inconsistent with their previously expressed beliefs.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1478995971|4097609 said:

You made an incorrect assumption about me. I did not vote for Trump. I left the vote for President blank and voted for the the bond issues. I would have never voted for him but could not find one reason to vote for her either.

But I respect the process and will take a wait and see approach.

I understand about sharing things on a message board, but for a bunch of liberal women that post was very inconsistent with their previously expressed beliefs.

Oh, actually, sorry about that, then (making an assumption).

When I read this "I know why you brought these pictures here and they were meant to be an embarrassment to the people who voted for Trump." I assumed you were including yourself there. But I see now it was more of a general statement.

I am with you on respecting the process and I too am waiting and seeing.

I have nothing else to say on the other aspect because if that's how it feels for you then that's how it feels.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bonfire|1478995966|4097608 said:
I went back and re-read OP's fist post. Comments like "maybe this is where her husband got the idea of grab them by the p***y." Let's be honest it was to pile on her. Like criticism about her platform as First Lady. Of course you can state your opinion. However I ask you again, is this feminist support? I'd call it cattiness!

And I call it humor. People who have met me in person (and there are many on this forum now) I think will assure you this is true -- I've got an unfaltering and rather gritty sense of humor. However, as has been experienced and expressed on this forum (and others I would bet) sarcasm, irony, and other aspects of communication get lost when there are only words on a screen. You'll note my statement in the fists post that the last photo made me laugh out loud given the "grab em" comments. Humor.

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock

No i never said admiration. Nor a reason he shouldn't have been elected. Trust me, his wife is not the issue with his presidency. Discussion- yes. What about the other points that were raised? How is it wrong to mention things she has done that were public knowledge? And in magazines? (Doubt all actually made it to press- because they pick and choose best angles, prettiest expressions made, etc.)

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
How is it wrong to mention things she has done that were public knowledge? A

I would not mind reading balanced news about her. I am sure she has done more than pose for photographs.

I know she speaks several languages.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results