color
clarity

Racy Photos of Melania Trump

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1478827952|4096679 said:
ruby59|1478803791|4096447 said:
So OP, only certain women should be respected.

I was taken to task when I said women should not get into situations they cannot handle. I was told a woman can do whatever she wants.

Does that not hold true for Melania, especially when it was something in her past?

To post that here, is a contradiction of what I thought many of you stand for..

As for bullying, I worked in the public schools and it is an epidemic. I heard it compared to terrorism.

It was a factor behind some of the school shootings.

Ruby, I'm not sure what you mean -- or are asking -- with that.

I feel that all people, women included (as I include women in the definition of people) should be respected based on their merits. And Melania's merits have been presented--in all their glory--for everyone to determine what level of respect is appropriate.

I don't fault Melania for these photos -- as I mentioned before. She was a model and this was a job. If there was a profit to be made I applaud her, as a business minded person, to have made it. Believe me, if there was a profit to be made with girl-on-girl photos that involved a 5 foot tall chubby 46 year old with sagging tits and an unwaxed pussy I'd be the first in line.

I also certainly don't think any *less* of Melania, or her husband, than I did before viewing these photos. (Feel free to take this statement as you wish to interpret.)

Dee Jay, I just have to tell you (and I hope it doesn't make you go ewww but) I have the biggest girl crush on you right now. LOL. Love what you wrote bolded above. True dat PS sister.

As far as how I feel about the photos I'll come back when time, energy and desire to share permits.
Just had to tell you that you rock Dee Jay. :bigsmile:

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Elliot86|1478874012|4096924 said:
stracci2000|1478873626|4096922 said:
I feel kinda sorry for Melania. She totally got thrown into this because of her husbands huge ego.
All the scrutiny she must now endure will be painful.
And now she must give speeches, and make public appearances. She will be compared to Michelle.

We shouldn't be too harsh on her. Certainly, some models do nude work without any thought as to what is in their future.
I'm sure she's a nice woman.

What would be great is if she grew into the role and surprised everyone. I thought I maybe saw a feisty streak with the pussy shirt she wore at the debate :lol:

E, when you brought up the blouse joke, I finally looked it up. Hmmm

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1478875300|4096935 said:
siv1|1478874948|4096933 said:
Chrono|1478874220|4096926 said:
siv1|1478873965|4096923 said:
Deejay, by positing the link, you are disrespecting women.
Siv1,
Do you mind explaining why? To me, she's just doing her job as a model. There is nothing more and nothing less to it. It doesn't bother me at all because she did so willingly as part of her job and was paid to do so. Nudity doesn't faze me. I don't consider that ****.

I did not click on the link, but when someone starts a thread with:

If you are at work, on a shared computer, or in any environment where it may be inappropriate for you to click on/display something racy please think before you click!!!

it shows me that the OP is trying to degrade the person in question, which happens to be our soon to be first lady.

She's just playing it safe for those using their computers at work. I, for one, appreciate the warning, and used a different device to click on the link.

Right...she's just trying to make triple sure that nobody clicks on the link accidentally without reading first, whether because you're at work or you have your child behind you or whatever. I definitely appreciated the warning.

ETA: as far as Melania's pictures...I don't care what she did in the past, although I wouldn't like it if she did anything racy now that she's going to be First Lady. I don't know anything about her nor have I ever heard her speak so I don't know if she's nice or she's a jerk, so I don't feel anything good or bad towards her or the need to protect her...but how she was attracted to Trump, if he's anything like he showed himself to be during the campaign, is beyond me. Nothing to do with his looks.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nudity is not bad when done tastefully, the female body is beautiful. Why should she ever be embarrassed or why should we? Stop being prudes. I hope she is allowed a chance to be a force of good in the WH.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The photos don't bother me at all. Europe has a much different view of nudity than the US (even prime time commercials have nudity) and I think the pictures are tasteful. Obviously if she starts posing nude while first lady I'd feel different but I doubt she is going to do that. I just hope in general the first couple (and this concern is mostly towards Trump) maintains a certain level of decorum and respect for the office and the White House.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rainydaze|1478872820|4096916 said:
On a lighter note, the darkest shadow beneath her legs looks like toilet paper that, um, got stuck and is trailing. I can't decide if that was intentional or not? Either way, it's kinda funny!

LOL, I was focused on *other* aspects of the photo and did not notice this before!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
siv1|1478873965|4096923 said:
Deejay, by positing the link, you are disrespecting women. I really would have thought you were better than that. I'm just going to chalk it up to you being upset over the election. Still, no excuse.

siv, I don't follow the logic behind your statement about posting the link disrespecting women therefore I cannot appropriately reply.

As for me being better than that, well apparently not. And yes, I am upset over the election, as well as upset over many other things (e.g., the violence erupting in the protests, the racist treatment I am reading about people enduring already, etc.) but I am not using that as an "excuse." I do not make excuses for my actions.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Several posters mentioned the “warning” about clicking on the link so I will address this generally and not quote anyone specifically.

I posted the warning in case anyone was in an environment where the content would have been inappropriate to display, such as some work places or in the presence of children. I would have given a similar warning if I posted a cute cat video off of youtube that was narrated with inappropriate language (e.g., curse words) that someone may not want to have coming from their computer at work or with kids around. The warning wasn’t only because of this content, it was to give the clicker a chance to take pause and decide if it was the right time, place, and/or device on which to click. I would give that courtesy no matter what the content if I felt someone might benefit from that extra opportunity to reflect before clicking so as not to inadvertently end up in an awkward situation.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1478875563|4096942 said:
So OP, only certain women should be respected.

I was taken to task when I said women should not get into situations they cannot handle. I was told a woman can do whatever she wants.

Does that not hold true for Melania, especially when it was something in her past?

To post that here, is a contradiction of what I thought many of you stand for..

As for bullying, I worked in the public schools and it is an epidemic. I heard it compared to terrorism.

It was a factor behind some of the school shootings.

Ruby, I'm not sure what you mean -- or are asking -- with that.

I feel that all people, women included (as I include women in the definition of people) should be respected based on their merits. And Melania's merits have been presented--in all their glory--for everyone to determine what level of respect is appropriate.

I don't fault Melania for these photos -- as I mentioned before. She was a model and this was a job. If there was a profit to be made I applaud her, as a business minded person, to have made it. Believe me, if there was a profit to be made with girl-on-girl photos that involved a 5 foot tall chubby 46 year old with sagging tits and an unwaxed pussy I'd be the first in line.

I also certainly don't think any *less* of Melania, or her husband, than I did before viewing these photos. (Feel free to take this statement as you wish to interpret.)

Dee Jay, I just have to tell you (and I hope it doesn't make you go ewww but) I have the biggest girl crush on you right now. LOL. Love what you wrote bolded above. True dat PS sister.

As far as how I feel about the photos I'll come back when time, energy and desire to share permits.
Just had to tell you that you rock Dee Jay. :bigsmile:

Missy, not ewww AT ALL! More like awwwwww!!! Girl crushes can go both ways yanno. :love:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Then, if it is such a non issue Dee Jay, why even post them here.

We all know she posed for them sometime in her past, so it is certainly not news.

And if women can do and be whatever they want, why should it be different for her.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1478896637|4097143 said:
Several posters mentioned the “warning” about clicking on the link so I will address this generally and not quote anyone specifically.

I posted the warning in case anyone was in an environment where the content would have been inappropriate to display, such as some work places or in the presence of children. I would have given a similar warning if I posted a cute cat video off of youtube that was narrated with inappropriate language (e.g., curse words) that someone may not want to have coming from their computer at work or with kids around. The warning wasn’t only because of this content, it was to give the clicker a chance to take pause and decide if it was the right time, place, and/or device on which to click. I would give that courtesy no matter what the content if I felt someone might benefit from that extra opportunity to reflect before clicking so as not to inadvertently end up in an awkward situation.

DeeJay! Don't you know these people don't need no stinkin' trigger warnings!?!?! They are tough old birds! :lol: No bubble wrap here!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I mentioned in my first post, I am not offended by the photos. I think that both models are beautiful and that the pictures were tastefully done. The presentation is not unique BTW. Specifically, beautiful naked women clad in nothing but shoes has been done before, and will I'm sure be done again. Here is one example of three beautiful naked women promoting Stuart Weitzman shoes. (And no, I'm not implying that Melania was doing a shoe ad, I'm just giving another example of similar presentation.)

Again, a warning: Please consider your circumstances and surroundings before clicking on this link as it contains nudity.

http://people.com/style/gigi-hadid-lily-aldridge-and-joan-smalls-go-completely-naked-in-new-stuart-weitzman-campaign/

Frankly I find this ad more racy (although, again, not at all offensive) than the picture of Melania.

Note that this post in in no way meant to demean or disrespect women, men, children, people in general, or shoes.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

So, not all women should be respected just for the sake that they are human beings?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't approve of people mocking or judging Melania's modeling photos, even the naked ones. I am not going to judge someone for their career, even if it involved nudity. I can see why she, as a very beautiful woman, perhaps looking for a way to move to America, pursued it. I have done bikini modeling before (nothing naked - I wouldn't have been comfortable with that - I am actually very prudish about these things and wearing a bikini already felt like too much - I don't even usually wear bikinis in public but tankinis and one-pieces)

I have really enjoyed seeing her outfits this election season. So many jumpsuits! I am still shocked that jumpsuits are considered formal attire. I have seen many women wearing them at formal fundraisers I've been to.

I do think cyber-bullying is a very important issue, and especially for children. I've read too many stories of children ten, eleven, twelve years old taking their lives because of being bullied online. I can't even imagine a child that young committing suicide, being in that much pain. So if Melania is able to make any difference there, save even one kid from that much pain, I think that is a good thing.

I am trying to take Melania completely separately from her husband.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1478897143|4097150 said:
Then, if it is such a non issue Dee Jay, why even post them here.

We all know she posed for them sometime in her past, so it is certainly not news.

And if women can do and be whatever they want, why should it be different for her.

Ruby, I don't recall classifying this as a non-issue, although I do indeed feel that that is the case. However why not post them? We (I am referring to the PS collective of posters) post all sorts of things, both issue and non-issue related.

As for it being "news," I wanted to think that over a moment before replying. The photos were indeed taken in the past, so that part is not new, however bringing something to the attention of someone who may not have been aware of it before makes it news to that person. For instance, the workings of the Electoral College are certainly not new, but the thread that explains the mechanics of the process, including several useful links, certainly provide news to the person learning something new.

I agree wholeheartedly that women can do and be whatever they want, and I do not feel that applies any differently to her or to any person. Frankly, I am of the opinion that it wouldn't even be in appropriate for her to be photographed in such a manner as a sitting first lady. I'm sure I will get backlash for that, but it is indeed my opinion. If the model is comfortable with the assignment and is willing to have the results displayed after considering the context and the consequences then I have no problem with it whatsoever. I do feel, as a matter of respect and not as a matter of asking permission, that any person who had such photos taken with the knowledge that they would be displayed may consider discussing that with his/her SO in advance, but I am a fan of open and complete communication in a relationship so I would rather say "Hey honey, look at this -- it's be hitting news stands next week," rather than have my partner open up a publication and see me there with no warning. Again, however, just my opinion on all this.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1478897586|4097157 said:

So, not all women should be respected just for the sake that they are human beings?

I believe that all people should start out with a baseline level of respect by virtue of being a human being and the level of respect can be adjusted accordingly based on that person's behavior. The level of respect one has for another person can go up or down over time.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
The photos were indeed taken in the past, so that part is not new, however bringing something to the attention of someone who may not have been aware of it before makes it news to that person. For instance, the workings of the Electoral College are certainly not new, but the thread that explains the mechanics of the process, including several useful links, certainly provide news to the person learning something new.

Considering how you apparently feel about Trump I find it hard to believe that you brought both to the board with the same intention.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1478898469|4097169 said:
The photos were indeed taken in the past, so that part is not new, however bringing something to the attention of someone who may not have been aware of it before makes it news to that person. For instance, the workings of the Electoral College are certainly not new, but the thread that explains the mechanics of the process, including several useful links, certainly provide news to the person learning something new.

Considering how you apparently feel about Trump I find it hard to believe that you brought both to the board with the same intention.

The logic of your statement following my statement is confusing, but I am going to try to answer the question I think you are asking. If I am wrong, please advise and I will revise my reply.

The purpose of posting this thread was to bring to the attention the photos to people who were not yet aware of them. By virtue of the explanation I gave above, that is making them "news" to the people who did not know of their existence. I was seeing them (re)released in several places and felt they would likely end up being discussed here too. I simply posted them first. Or perhaps I was the only person who ultimately would have posted them at all (we may never know that unless someone else comes forth and says, yes, I would have posted them if Dee had not already done so).

To be clear, I would/will post links to any racy photo shoots of Michelle Obama or Hillary Clinton that I come across too, as that is only "fair."

Perhaps Stuart Weitzman would consider using Michelle, Hillary and me in the next shoe ad. We'd be stunning!

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting the link dee-jay, I hadn't seen these before. She had a luscious body back in the day and probably still does. Does anyone know if her boobs were real? Her eyes were lovely then too. While still sexy looking, I feel that now she tends to be overly made up and her eyes always look severely squinted. I can't tell if it's the way she applies makeup, or if she's actually squinting, or if it's perhaps from cosmetic surgery taken too far.

I wouldn't have a problem with her posing nude now, as first lady. What's the issue? Like it's going to embarrass us in front of the world or something? hahahaha

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to put this on record, it really bothers me articles, posts, commentary etc bashing the spouse and children of the president or president-elect. Unlike a politician, they did not choose that path and often may have wanted a more private life. Especially regarding children I think it is best to let them have as much of a normal life as possible.
I also sense a bit of slut-shaming and double standards, in judging what she did, as a career, before she was even involved with Donald Trump.
I am also a bit tired of women being constantly scrutinized about their looks whether good or bad as if that defines their value or worth, when men largely escape this and are judged by their actions or words.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
part gypsy|1478962896|4097420 said:
I have to put this on record, it really bothers me articles, posts, commentary etc bashing the spouse and children of the president or president-elect. Unlike a politician, they did not choose that path and often may have wanted a more private life. Especially regarding children I think it is best to let them have as much of a normal life as possible.
I also sense a bit of slut-shaming and double standards, in judging what she did, as a career, before she was even involved with Donald Trump.
I am also a bit tired of women being constantly scrutinized about their looks whether good or bad as if that defines their value or worth, when men largely escape this and are judged by their actions or words.

I'm not sure if you felt that my post was bashing Mrs. Trump, it was not.

I disagree that "bashing" Trump's children and (some of) their spouses is unfair. They are not just his children, they were an integral part of his campaign management and now they are on his transition team. They should absolutely NOT be granted immunity from criticism while they hold these roles. In fact, it's the press's responsibility to expose any illegal or unethical actions taken by them as we are seeing now with the "blind trust" issue.

Finally, people (men and women) who display their bodies/looks for public consumption are going to be scrutinized and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Yes, wrong to define someone like Sarah Palin's worth by her looks, she's not a model. But if I'll go right ahead and rate Justin Bieber against Orlando Bloom if they're going to pose with their cocks hanging out when they know paparazzi are always hunting.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I disagree that "bashing" Trump's children and (some of) their spouses is unfair.

Well Trump also has a 9 year old son. And posting these pictures of his mother is hurtful and disrespectful to him.

I agree with Part Gypsy. This was part of Melania's past. And we elected her husband, not her.

And posting it here imo is a double standard from what I have read from many of these female posters about their feelings on women.
I know everyone was up in arms when I posted about women going to clubs dressed inappropriate and giving out mixed signals. I was more concerned about their safety but told it was their business not mine. But I was accused of slut shaming.

So if Melania and her husband are OK with those pictures then it is none of our business, either.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imagine how the righties (who are saying these pics are no big deal) would scream their heads off if similar pics of Ms. Obama showed up.

IOW :roll:

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1478973162|4097482 said:
I disagree that "bashing" Trump's children and (some of) their spouses is unfair.

Well Trump also has a 9 year old son. And posting these pictures of his mother is hurtful and disrespectful to him.

I agree with Part Gypsy. This was part of Melania's past. And we elected her husband, not her.

And posting it here imo is a double standard from what I have read from many of these female posters about their feelings on women.
I know everyone was up in arms when I posted about women going to clubs dressed inappropriate and giving out mixed signals. I was more concerned about their safety but told it was their business not mine. But I was accused of slut shaming.

So if Melania and her husband are OK with those pictures then it is none of our business, either.

Her husband is proud of her past and has stated so. Why are you you so upset about it? I'm not.

People who pose nude for the public, be it Melania in that last century or Kim Kardashian et al now, have to be prepared for the eventual discovery of this nudity by their children. If their children are hurt by it, then they were disrespected by their parent.

You are still slut shaming by suggesting that Melania's past needs to be buried. She wasn't giving a mixed signal, but a very clear signal - "I am sexy, take a look and enjoy." This is not a signal for others to touch her without permission, just as a girl going to a club in a sexy dress isn't consenting to being "grabbed by the p*ssy."

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am seriously confused.

I have not read - unless I missed it - one single person saying they have a problem with the pictures of Melania.

For those saying that there's women bashing, slut shaming, etc., can you share the specific phrases and words that come across that way.

I am genuinely curious because that is not at all my perspective coming away from this thread so I feel like it must be staring me in the face and I'm just missing it.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Why are you you so upset about it? I'm not.

Upset - hardly.

But just tired of the double standard here.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1478975506|4097501 said:
Why are you you so upset about it? I'm not.

Upset - hardly.

But just tired of the double standard here.

There is no double standard. Women wearing sexy dresses to clubs is not inappropriate. Women posing nude is fine too. Posting a link to a photo that was published with the model's consent - fine by me.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
CJ2008|1478975497|4097500 said:
I am seriously confused.

I have not read - unless I missed it - one single person saying they have a problem with the pictures of Melania.

For those saying that there's women bashing, slut shaming, etc., can you share the specific phrases and words that come across that way.

I am genuinely curious because that is not at all my perspective coming away from this thread so I feel like it must be staring me in the face and I'm just missing it.

IMO, bringing it here in the first place, and then putting warning buoys around it like OMG, was a double standard.

And even the word "racy" has at least for my generation a negative connotation.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1478976173|4097508 said:
CJ2008|1478975497|4097500 said:
I am seriously confused.

IMO, bringing it here in the first place, and then putting warning buoys around it like OMG, was a double standard.

And even the word "racy" has at least for my generation a negative connotation.

I'm probably older than you and yet understand that "racy" means "mildly sexually titillating." It's only negative if you choose it to be. Many people enjoy racy, but know better than to click on it at work or in front of the kids. Of course I'm being redundant, this has all been explained in this thread.

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock
ruby59|1478973162|4097482 said:

Which is it - it was a job no big deal. Or it is an invasion of privacy and hurtful to her loved ones?

I don't care she posed nude. I don't think she has devoted her life to helping others or some other cause that we would encourage our children to follow her example. Then again, I have an average ho-hum job which isn't a goal for most :).

If it is a job, she was paid for that job- why is it harmful for them to be posted? That is the whole idea behind modeling and marketing!!! Most models, you know, WANT their work seen by as many people as possible. If they are seen by 3 people, that is the opposite of success.

These weren't private pictures between her and her lover. Her phone wasn't hacked. Nor were they taken illegally (like a paparazzi taking pictures while she was changing - unaware pictures were being snapped).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results