carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cozystitches|1459431840|4013645 said:
I just did something that could drastically change things....I'm excited, but oh so nervous.....can't really talk about it, but will once I have more information.....
Ooo intriguing! Lots of lucky dust heading your way!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So.... We went to buy cat litter. Have a new kitty coming home. Rescue group has some cats for adoption. We always go visit. One sweet girl caught my attention 3 months ago. I see her every visit. Kept thinking she is too sweet and someone will give her a home. 3 months later and she is still there.

Weekend volunteers can't send her home. Filled out application. Should get call in next couple of days.

How can no one want her? She is "too old" and no one else is willing to bring her home. 13 is too old? She is in good health and an absolute sweetheart.

So, if all goes well, we will bring her home in a couple of days.

0403161704.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:o :love: :love: :love: HELLO KITTY!!!

Ermmm... I came home from a birthday party last night, and caught a glimpse of myself in the foyer mirror and saw two gray hairs up front and center. I yanked out the first one. When I tried to pull out the second one, it snapped, leaving this 1-inch alfalfa like sprout that stood straight up on the top of my head now. So now I am screeching for DH to help me get it. And all he keeps saying is "I can't see it. I don't see anything." :-o 5 minutes later I was finally able to isolate that shorty and pull it out. :errrr: :nono: ;(
My vanity is REAL, says the woman with her hair sloppily thrown up in a bun and is perpetually in mismatched sweats :lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient, it is so wonderful that you are giving this sweet kitty a loving home! :appl: She's so pretty! :love:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay for new kitteh!

London and I are going to be in the summer musical again this year. She is a ballerina and a chimney sweep and I am in the ensemble. I didn't audition but my lead teacher and her husband are directing again-they did Le Mis two summers ago which was my first production. I'm hoping it doesn't interfere with taekwondo bc I want to keep going with my ranks.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1459732187|4015102 said:

Ermmm... I came home from a birthday party last night, and caught a glimpse of myself in the foyer mirror and saw two gray hairs up front and center. I yanked out the first one. When I tried to pull out the second one, it snapped, leaving this 1-inch alfalfa like sprout that stood straight up on the top of my head now. So now I am screeching for DH to help me get it. And all he keeps saying is "I can't see it. I don't see anything." :-o 5 minutes later I was finally able to isolate that shorty and pull it out. :errrr: :nono: ;(
My vanity is REAL, says the woman with her hair sloppily thrown up in a bun and is perpetually in mismatched sweats :lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol:

:lol:

Too funny!
Men can never see that sort of thing (or at least my DH can't). I keep tweezers in the car for on the go catching of that sort of hair. Always seem to show up when out! Oh
.. And the sunlight really shows them off :nono:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1459732528|4015104 said:
TooPatient, it is so wonderful that you are giving this sweet kitty a loving home! :appl: She's so pretty! :love:

She is a sweetie! Have been wanting to bring her home, but the timing seemed bad. I saw her again today and just felt like she needed to come home. I really hope they approve us and she can come home soon!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh TP she is beautiful and looks snug as a bug in her bed :love: I can't wait for a ton more pics when you bring her home! It's heartbreaking to see older cats and dogs passed by again and again - this lovely lady is a very, very lucky lady to have found a home with you ::) :bigsmile:

TooPatient|1459734870|4015113 said:
PintoBean|1459732187|4015102 said:

:lol:

Too funny!
Men can never see that sort of thing (or at least my DH can't). I keep tweezers in the car for on the go catching of that sort of hair. Always seem to show up when out! Oh
.. And the sunlight really shows them off :nono:

This made me laugh out loud. I have black hair... believe me, the whites are visible, and I completely fail to understand how my other half has such trouble finding them! I will untie my hair, bend forward, and say "preen me". It's his duty to drop whatever he's doing, accept the tweezers I'm poking him with, and start yanking. I had him try snipping instead of yanking once - he wound up snipping five black hairs for every white :rolleyes:

He hates it when I do that, actually - apparently the thought of pulling a black hair is utterly traumatic. He once tried to break me of the habit by telling me (in front of his parents!!!) to keep bending, because he couldn't find it... keep going... a bit lower... oh, stop right there! :rolleyes: :nono: :lol: And.. it obviously didn't work...

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few more the rescue has on their FB page. Her previous owner brought her in when she had to move out of country to care for her sick mother. She has been in the shelter for just shy of a year. One person interested but it didn't work out. (sounds like they didn't take the time to introduce and had a dog who she couldn't get along with -- despite doing okay with other dogs)

We know it takes time! As soon as we (hopefully!) get the go ahead, we will bring her home and do slow introductions. We follow what the new animal is wanting and ready for. No pushing. No expected schedule. Just all the time they need to settle in and feel comfortable. She will have lots of places to go to chill out as needed. More scratching posts than any home should admit to having! Our only dog has been with cats her whole life and is used to giving them space or snuggling. Whatever they want.

suzie_q.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mixed day. Hoping the bad turns into amazingly good.

The great news: they approved us to adopt Suzie Q! Supposed to pick her up 7pm tonight.

The so-so news: they think she has ear mites. Needs to see vet to confirm/treat. (we have free visit voucher from them so no big thing)

The bad news: Our brand new tire is flat. Like flat flat. Won't hold air. DH got spare on. Different size than the other 3 so big deal. Hoping they can repair. They are only open until 6pm. Going to be a rush to get there.

The REALLY bad news (that will hopefully turn out to be great later on): They decided to not extend DH's contract after all. Something came up that they don't have that spot now. So.... he is out of work starting in just over a month. The guys he works with really like him so trying to find a spot in a different team there for him.

My emotions are all over right now.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my TooPatient...keeping my fingers crossed for DH. I hope they find a good spot for him.

Congrats on Suzie Q! She does look like a love bug!

Her nose coloring makes her look like she is a chimera. Very pretty coloring!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1459820319|4015496 said:
Oh my TooPatient...keeping my fingers crossed for DH. I hope they find a good spot for him.

Thanks!

We got the flat tire repaired and got to pick Suzie Q up. We are home with her now. She is under bed chilling in a quiet room. The others are interested but not trying to shove into the room. She comes out and goes back so not a solid hide!

Pictures as I can...

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1459828161|4015547 said:

Thanks!

We got the flat tire repaired and got to pick Suzie Q up. We are home with her now. She is under bed chilling in a quiet room. The others are interested but not trying to shove into the room. She comes out and goes back so not a solid hide!

Pictures as I can...
I'm so happy you made it in time to get the tire fixed! Welcome Suzie Q!!!
BTW - I sent you an e-mail through loupetroop - hope you got it. :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your new family member Too Patient! Suzie Q looks like a love. :love:
I'm sorry about your dh's contract not getting renewed but fingers crossed he finds something else that is even better very soon.
Good luck and again so happy for all of you re your new family member! :appl:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1459863076|4015638 said:
TooPatient|1459828161|4015547 said:

Thanks!

Pictures as I can...
I'm so happy you made it in time to get the tire fixed! Welcome Suzie Q!!!
BTW - I sent you an e-mail through loupetroop - hope you got it. :)

Thanks!

Went to my junk folder but just found it. Will reply soon.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a PS member who, if I remember well, has been posting for approximately a year now and is constantly rude. At the beginning, I thought that it was due to the fact that English is not her native language but after having observed this person's posts for some months now, I've come to the conclusion that she is just a rude person, who has no problem posting things that might hurt other people's feelings. In fact, I think that she must have the intention to do so :nono:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
natyLad|1459872258|4015701 said:
There is a PS member who, if I remember well, has been posting for approximately a year now and is constantly rude. At the beginning, I thought that it was due to the fact that English is not her native language but after having observed this person's posts for some months now, I've come to the conclusion that she is just a rude person, who has no problem posting things that might hurt other people's feelings. In fact, I think that she must have the intention to do so :nono:

I think I know who you mean and what I do is ignore their posts. If everyone just ignored their rude posts and they were not getting the desired reaction they would probably get bored. I have no desire to engage with people who always behave rudely. People like you Naty keep me here though. The wonderful PSers here is way greater than the few not nice posters. :wavey:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes Natylad, I saw that too! I was quite taken aback when they posted something that :angryfire: me either in a response to me or more likely in a RT thread of mine.

Missy - I think you're right about that poster wanting a desired reaction. :wall: I try to read the posts now with a snotty teen voice or a valley girl 'tude to make the posts more palatable. :lol:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I believe in the power of PS dust and am hoping there may be a few believers out there who are willing to send a sprinkling of it this way, for my DD tomorrow. She is writing her registration/licensing exam and needs a certain grade to pass. This is it - this is the final test and then it is over. She has attempted it before and was not successful, so a lot is riding on this 3 hour exam tomorrow.

If anyone has some spare PS dust they'd like to send our/her way... I'd be very grateful for all the good wishes and luck it brings!! Please think good thoughts for my wonderful daughter, as she has worked SO VERY HARD to get to this point. :halo: :saint: :halo:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TP, first of all, bless you for giving a wonderful home to Suzi Q. She's a beauty! :love: :appl: :love:

Secondly, fingers crossed for the DH/work situation.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi, LOADS of test-taking dust to your smart and dedicated DD! Ace that sucker!! :wavey: :appl: :dance:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1459902686|4015943 said:
I believe in the power of PS dust and am hoping there may be a few believers out there who are willing to send a sprinkling of it this way, for my DD tomorrow. She is writing her registration/licensing exam and needs a certain grade to pass. This is it - this is the final test and then it is over. She has attempted it before and was not successful, so a lot is riding on this 3 hour exam tomorrow.

If anyone has some spare PS dust they'd like to send our/her way... I'd be very grateful for all the good wishes and luck it brings!! Please think good thoughts for my wonderful daughter, as she has worked SO VERY HARD to get to this point. :halo: :saint: :halo:
Good luck and loads and loads of test passing dust!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Please think good thoughts for me tomorrow. I'm hoping for good outcome for something that I'm really really wanting. I don't want to post more info in fear of things not going as I hoped. I'm super nervous.....sorry for the cryptic

Enrichi - I hope all goes well with your DD! :D :D

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loads of dust for DD tomorrow Enerchi, and for you too Cozy!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my happy time, when my favorite flower -- lilac -- is in bloom and perfumes the air with its perfect scent. I wish someone would develop a lilac that stayed in bloom longer.

lilac_1.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending tons of dust to your dd Enerchi, best of luck to her!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TP, thank you for taking this kitty in!! :appl:

And she's so adorable! She actually looks like one of my cats.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Matata|1459909839|4015989 said:
This is my happy time, when my favorite flower -- lilac -- is in bloom and perfumes the air with its perfect scent. I wish someone would develop a lilac that stayed in bloom longer.

I adore lilacs too. We don't have any bc we don't have room but ohh that scent....my parents have a long hedge on one side of their property of them and then about 7 specimen bushes. When the wind is just right it about makes my eyes roll into the back of my head it smells so good!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Suzie Q is beautiful, TP. She is lucky to have found you and your family as her new family. I hope she is acclimating well to her new home. Sending lots of job dust to your DH.

Sending tons of test passing dust to your DD, Enerchi. Sending loads of desired outcome dust to you, Cozystitches.

Mmm, lilac is one of my favorite scents, especially for lotions, oil and linen spray.

Hmm, I seem to be oblivious of the rude board member. Maybe because I don't spend time in RT?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1459909839|4015989 said:

Ours are still not open yet, but getting there! They are spectacular. We have lots of dark and light purples plus a couple of white. So gorgeous and the whole yard smells amazing once they open.

Oh! And our flowering cherry tree (is that what the pink blooming trees are?) is just almost open. It looks like it will be a heavy bloom year!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results