shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good news - I heard the roar of a truck pulling up, saw tall ladders strapped to the roof of the truck, and :idea: went running out the front door - "Are you roofing guys? When you're done with your job here, can you come check out my roof? I have a stain..."

The owner came in - lovely lovely man. I asked him if he'd check my roof once a year - he indicated it's not part of what he's asked to do by my community, but he agreed to do it for me $50 once a year out of my own pocket - YAY! He said it could be an old stain that I didn't notice till now, but it's something to monitor, and he'd be back later this afternoon to climb up and inspect. My kitten :lol: I was mortified when she ended up going up to him, standing up with her paws just about crotch level and doing a standing stretch against the man's legs :shock: . Shameless overt flirt! I just about died :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bad news - I called my mom tell her about the roofer and his $50 inspections (since her roofer retired), and she proceeds to tell me that she's going to take all my sweaters and donate them, and she found some larger pants of mine, and she's getting rid of those too because :errrr: god forbid I fit into them again (they might actually be too small now, but again, none of her business and F the fat shaming!). I was explaining to her some options roofer had given me for another issue i've been having - flat part of the roof and ice dams, and she's just TALKING over me, telling me i'm stupid, i waste money, and NOT LISTENING TO ME! and between the clothes and the nasty comments, by the time i got off the phone with her, my head is pounding and I feel dizzy. This always happens when I get very pissed off - past year. And now my blood pressure is high - per my obgyn and GP - the same numbers at both checkups. I'm wondering if the headaches are part of the high BP. Anyways - i went out to walk a lap to try to calm down. My head shouldn't hurt - i have botox, damnit! :(sad :wall: :angryfire: :roll: :???: :blackeye: :rolleyes:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
London had her first regular band competition yesterday and she got a superior rating on her clarinet solo. Proud of her. Anything to boost her confidence, I love. She has a jazz band competition Friday, and she will play her electric bass. She had a jazz band competition last month and her teacher was so happy with her, and also the high school band teacher was happy w/her, b/c the other bass player was sick, and that person was supposed to play two of the songs. London stepped up and played one of those songs mostly by sight b/c she knew part of it, and the other song, she unplugged the amp and went thru the motions so they still had someone there.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1458152120|4006193 said:
London had her first regular band competition yesterday and she got a superior rating on her clarinet solo. Proud of her. Anything to boost her confidence, I love. She has a jazz band competition Friday, and she will play her electric bass. She had a jazz band competition last month and her teacher was so happy with her, and also the high school band teacher was happy w/her, b/c the other bass player was sick, and that person was supposed to play two of the songs. London stepped up and played one of those songs mostly by sight b/c she knew part of it, and the other song, she unplugged the amp and went thru the motions so they still had someone there.
Yay! Go London! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maxi dresses are so fng goofy. I hate them. I should like them since they completely cover my legs (I have tons of spider veins :(sad ) but I really don't. Even on young, great looking girls the whole skirt down to the floor thing is so goofy.

I bought one today though :???: because of said leg veins. :/ DH likes it on me so that's a plus. But I have to figure out how to wear it so I don't feel so goofy in it.

Leg veins suck.

On a completely unrelated note...zuma tomatoes...they are so good!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't laugh, CJ2008, but Maxi dresses :errrr: scare me, especially when I used to work in NYC, and would see ladies "sweeping" the pee pee sidewalks with their hems :errrr: :sick:.

Don't feel goofy in your maxi dress. If you DH likes how they look on you, you are probably rocking them like a runway model!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I spent time in the gym tonight after more than a year - maybe two years? - away. I'm very lucky to have a women's fitness center just around the corner from my house!

I found out this evening that my friend who passed away at the beginning of the year had had chest pains, serious enough that he went to the emergency room, just three months before his death. Typical of him, he told no one about this. It seems he'd also been keeping track of similar incidents and his reactions to them... probably but not definitely since that initial ER visit. I'm very glad he took the incident seriously enough that he wrote out a new will, including the child he had left out of a previous will. I'm beyond angry that he took two of his grand children snowshoeing the day before his death, very high-risk behavior under the circumstances. But he'd always taken good care of himself and he'd always been somewhat offended when he did get sick - how dare that illness! - so I sort of understand his trying to defy undeniable warning signals. At least, it's in keeping with the guy I knew so well for so many years.

Of course this new information opens some personal wounds as well. I'm just trying to take comfort in the fact that our friendship was very deep, and companionable, and comfortable. And that I knew him well enough to know that he would go to great lengths to avoid difficult conversations with me or anybody else.

It did serve as an impetus to visit the gym, so I guess I should thank him for that!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty, I'm sorry for the loss of your good friend. I am glad your friendship with him was so strong and meaningful and that you can take comfort in that fact. (((Hugs))).

CJ2008, it is all about proportions with maxi dresses. There's long and then there's long and if you are petite go for a silhouette that doesn't overwhelm the body i.e. one that is more form fitting and not too big. I think anyone can wear a maxi dress well but it depends on the style you choose for your body type. Have fun with it. I love that they are easy to wear and yeah I never wear them where they are long enough to touch the floor. For reasons Pinto posted. :errrr:

Packrat, woohoo London! :appl:

Amber, I hope it worked out with your son painting your bedroom for you.

Chemgirl, hope your car is all fixed and as good as new.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I KNEW there was something important i was forgetting to do yesterday - WASH my BRAS!!!! Lucky for me :rolleyes: :roll: , I've got a PADDED bra around that i usually only wear for a boost once in a blue moon. Here's to looking PROUD as a PEACOCK in my sweats today :oops: :-o :o :shock: :???: . It's not that comfortable :wall:. #firstworldproblems :lol:

GK2

Rough_Rock
My beautiful little pussycat died last night. She went downhill very quickly and we could see the end was near. She fell asleep on her blanket in the kitchen and we kept stroking and talking to her. My son was the one who was with her when she took her last breath - they adored each other, spending hours curled up together and it's heartbreaking to see my 6ft,18 year old son with tears streaming down his face.

We buried her in our garden this morning in the pouring rain and will look for a beautiful plant to mark the spot. She was 13 years old and the sweetest, most loving little thing.

This is the third cat we have lost but the first who has died at home with us, so I feel some comfort in that she was in familiar surroundings and just slipped away.

Sorry for the sadness - but I know we have lots of pet lovers who understand how hard this is right now xx

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
;( {hugs} GK2

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry about your sweet kitty. Hugs to you and your son

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry GK2. Keeping you and your son in my thoughts.
(((Hugs))).

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry, GK2. I hope you can take some comfort in knowing that you provided her with a wonderful and loving home.

Missy - thank you for your empathy its faithfulness.

GK2

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for you kind thoughts - I knew you'd all understand.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GK2|1458841800|4010442 said:
My beautiful little pussycat died last night. She went downhill very quickly and we could see the end was near. She fell asleep on her blanket in the kitchen and we kept stroking and talking to her. My son was the one who was with her when she took her last breath - they adored each other, spending hours curled up together and it's heartbreaking to see my 6ft,18 year old son with tears streaming down his face.

We buried her in our garden this morning in the pouring rain and will look for a beautiful plant to mark the spot. She was 13 years old and the sweetest, most loving little thing.

This is the third cat we have lost but the first who has died at home with us, so I feel some comfort in that she was in familiar surroundings and just slipped away.

Sorry for the sadness - but I know we have lots of pet lovers who understand how hard this is right now xx

I'm so sorry. Losing a furry family member is never easy. Sending your family hugs.

We lost one of ours two weeks ago tonight. She went down fast too but wasn't able to go on her own as yours did. We had the vet come to our home. Being able to be at home, comfortable, surrounded by family is such a nice thing. I wish they could all live with us forever, but short of that and peaceful end at home is the best I can hope for.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GK2|1458841800|4010442 said:

This made me cry. So very sorry for your loss. So sweet she was so loved! What every kitty wants! Hugs

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so very sorry GK :(sad

But at the same time so very glad that your little darling had her loved ones close. She left knowing she was loved... I hope your son finds some comfort in that :(sad

::A VERY BIG HUG::

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh GK2 how heartbreaking!! How lovely and sweet your son stayed with her until the end, snif snif. {{{big hugs}}}

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinto were you always this funny? you crack me up lately. pee pee sidewalks :lol:

And yes I will choose to think I look just like a runway model in my dress.

Why not.

Like Amy (that female comedian forget her last name right now) says, deep inside we all think we're gorgeous. :lol:

missy yes I did some research before I went out to look for one, and you're exactly right. The one I got has a lot of detail at the waist so it really emphasizes my waist (which is good for me) and not too flowy/big or too long.

Now I'm looking for some cute wedges.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GK2 I am so so sorry about your furbaby :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ2008|1458911896|4010847 said:
pinto were you always this funny? you crack me up lately. pee pee sidewalks :lol:

And yes I will choose to think I look just like a runway model in my dress.

Why not.

Like Amy (that female comedian forget her last name right now) says, deep inside we all think we're gorgeous. :lol:

missy yes I did some research before I went out to look for one, and you're exactly right. The one I got has a lot of detail at the waist so it really emphasizes my waist (which is good for me) and not too flowy/big or too long.

Now I'm looking for some cute wedges.

CJ, please be careful. I have found with wedges (keep in mind I am a klutz so YMMV but still want to forewarn you just in case) it is quite easy to turn/twist your ankle in and hurt yourself. Personally that is why I stick to low heels if I go with any type of heel at all. I used to LOVE wedges and the higher the better in my 20s. After a bad twist in my twenties I realized they are not a good option for me.

Glad you found a maxi silhouette that works well for you! :appl:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh thanks missy - yes I agree with you. But not looking for anything super high (I actually think super high looks tacky at this age) or with a lot of platform. Something subdued, a little platform in the front, maybe 3" high in the back. Something like this (I own these) but a little more platform in the front http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/halogen-clarette-wedge-sandal-women/3882261?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=MUSHROOM.. I find these really easy to walk in/supportive enough.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK CJ, glad you are aware. IMO those wedges you shared are pretty high (though pretty) but just continue to be careful. I find wedges to be deceptively comfortable and 3 inches is still pretty high and easy to twist an ankle (again for a klutz like me but hopefully not for you).

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK thanks missy I will be extra careful (I do agree that they can feel secure and not be). Thank you for looking out for me ::)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you say WEDGES?!?!?! :o
I just got these in gray!!! And they are comfy! The straps were a little loose, which is perfect, because my feet will swell when I'm actually wearing them and clomping around town for a bit. I hate when strappy sandals turn into tourniquets!
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/hinge-neta-leather-wedge-sandal-women/3600874?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=Cognac+Leather&resultback=589

Yup - I have been told in real life that I'm funny :loopy: , but sometimes I hold back in text because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings if they were to misinterpret my comments. ;(

Here is a Nordstrom PSA - don't order this dress! 8-)
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/crochet-inset-boho-dress/4175788?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=1892

I got stuck in it, and learned that the crocheted parts are very delicate. :errrr: I got the dress over my head - arms in, and forced it over my bossom. I heard a little seam pop and ignored it. Now I can't pull the damn dress down, so I try to pull it up by the skirt. rip pop rip pop rip... the skirt's detaching from the dress - there's a gaping hole on my left side. Frack it. yank. skirt's off. Now I try to work the top over my bosom. I try yanking the ends of the sleeves. rip pop rip pop rip pop. Frack. that's it - sleeves detach. Now i've got a "crop top" stuck on me, so I grab the scissors and snip down the middle.

When DH gets home, I see him pick up the bell sleeve and hold it up to a cat with a gleam in his eye. We cut slits in the sleeve and put it on kitty #2 as a dress. She's PISSED! we giggle for a few minutes, put it on kitty #1. She flattens out and plays possum. then we take it off and put it on kitty #3. She freaks out and zips around the house. Then we took the pieces of the dress and threw it away - don't need to traumatize the kitties and PINTO BEAN any more than necessary :lol: :lol: :lol:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1458919103|4010894 said:

Oh my goodness, that was hilarious! I'm glad you were able laugh off the dress adventure and have fun with it!

Bu I have to say - what a cute dress! It definitely reminds me of the 70's! I'd look ridiculous in that now, but it was fun imagining a younger me (or rather, a younger looking me) in that dress! :D

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1458919103|4010894 said:
Did you say WEDGES?!?!?! :o
I just got these in gray!!! And they are comfy! The straps were a little loose, which is perfect, because my feet will swell when I'm actually wearing them and clomping around town for a bit. I hate when strappy sandals turn into tourniquets!
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/hinge-neta-leather-wedge-sandal-women/3600874?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=Cognac+Leather&resultback=589

Yup - I have been told in real life that I'm funny :loopy: , but sometimes I hold back in text because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings if they were to misinterpret my comments. ;(

Here is a Nordstrom PSA - don't order this dress! 8-)
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/crochet-inset-boho-dress/4175788?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=1892

I got stuck in it, and learned that the crocheted parts are very delicate. :errrr: I got the dress over my head - arms in, and forced it over my bossom. I heard a little seam pop and ignored it. Now I can't pull the damn dress down, so I try to pull it up by the skirt. rip pop rip pop rip... the skirt's detaching from the dress - there's a gaping hole on my left side. Frack it. yank. skirt's off. Now I try to work the top over my bosom. I try yanking the ends of the sleeves. rip pop rip pop rip pop. Frack. that's it - sleeves detach. Now i've got a "crop top" stuck on me, so I grab the scissors and snip down the middle.

When DH gets home, I see him pick up the bell sleeve and hold it up to a cat with a gleam in his eye. We cut slits in the sleeve and put it on kitty #2 as a dress. She's PISSED! we giggle for a few minutes, put it on kitty #1. She flattens out and plays possum. then we take it off and put it on kitty #3. She freaks out and zips around the house. Then we took the pieces of the dress and threw it away - don't need to traumatize the kitties and PINTO BEAN any more than necessary :lol: :lol: :lol:

ahahahah that is one expensive kitty toy!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just did something that could drastically change things....I'm excited, but oh so nervous.....can't really talk about it, but will once I have more information.....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results