shape
carat
color
clarity

Reset planning--BGD full bezel solitaire? Thoughts please!

angela06

Shiny_Rock
I have decided to reset the center of my original three stone e-ring. The platinum setting is showing wear after 11 years of daily wear and I thought I'd take the opportunity to change it up and make a solitaire. I realize that I will lose finger coverage going from a three stone to a solitaire. I like the idea of having a simple sleek ring for everyday. I don't feel comfortable wearing my 1.47 OEC Single Stone ring most of the time as I am active with two small boys.

Stats on my stone:
0.50 E VS2 (GIA)
5.12 x 5.10 x 3.12
Table 57%
Depth 61%
Symmetry: Ex
Polish: Ex
Flour: none

Here is a pic in the current setting. Please look past my wrinkly hands and crappy phone pic:
20150630_123407_1_.jpg

My GIA is from 2002 so there are no angles or cut info. :( It looks like a well cut stone from looking and comparing it to others I've seen. Arrows are present.

My favorite solitaire is this one:
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/engagement-rings/full-bezel-solitaire-platinum-5365p

The bezel, open gallery and sleek lines make me very happy. Some of the things that bother me about my current setting are the huge scratchy prongs (I've scratched hubby and the kids more than once), and the difficulty of cleaning underneath the stones due to the basket setting.

Does anyone have the BGD bezel with a similar sized stone? Any other opinions or suggestions for similar settings are appreciated!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Reset planning--BGD full bezel solitaire? Thoughts pleas

How about a 3 stone bezel ring?

smg

Rough_Rock

I have a .50 carat full bezel in 18K white gold. It is a reset from my original 4 prong 14k set. The stone with the full bezel looks like a .75 carat stone (I have placed my moms .75 next to the .50 in the bezel and it appears the same size). I have never regretted the full bezel and the more modern look pairs nicely with my vintage style engraved wedding band.

angela06

Shiny_Rock

I think your ring is beautiful! Who made your ring? I have been trying to imagine how my stone would look on my hands, since i have never had it in a solitaire setting. I found a pic on Diamonds by Lauren of a .50 ct single white gold bezel(can't post pic from my phone right now). I like the simple and modern look.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Chrono|1435846546|3897864 said:
How about a 3 stone bezel ring?

Yes. Definitely.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Clean and sleek. :devil: No loss of finger coverage.

diamonds.jpeg

smg

Rough_Rock

Thanks! I had my ring made by a local woman who works out of her house - in Apple Valley Minnesota. It was the first full bezel she ever did. I like that it is not rhodium plated. I also have a ring size of 8.25 so if my fingers were the 6 like when I first was married, it would look bigger : )

I think a three stone with all three having full bezels would look great too. Like the ritani endless love without the diamond halo. I personally like the addition appearance of size the bezel gives without adding a diamond halo.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock

I think that the BGD full bezel is a great option. I also love Sholdt's bezels. They are very clean and beautiful and perfectly proportioned.
I also like the idea of the 3 stone bezel, if you choose to go that route. BGD has a Sholdt 3 stone that is beautiful! Packrat's 3 stone is gorgeous and a setting that I dream of owning one day, but a Singlestone setting may be too pricey (speaking for myself).

David Klass is another vendor that you may consider. He also executes bezels very well depending on the client. His bezels can have a vintage flair with engraving or a modern, clean look. He does both well.

Can't wait to see what you end up with!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oooo I totally agree w/the three stone bezel idea. Not that I'm biased or anything of course...

Contact some vendors and see what you end up w/for prices! SS is expensive...*worth it for sure* but expensive. You could try Erica or Grace..when they were together they did a round three stone bezel for...Pixley? Is that right? It has twin curls in the gallery and is gorgeous.

Do you have a budget? Did you list it and I didn't pay attention?

Wednesday

Rough_Rock

I don't have the BGD but have been interested in this type of setting for years. I recently had a stone set in the Sholdt 523 (I think this is the "Lola" setting on BGD's site): http://sholdtdesign.com/sholdt-ring/r523-1/ I am happy with the way the setting flows. The gallery is open but not as much as the setting you linked. I don't have a thread on the ring (yet?) but have pics.

angela06

Shiny_Rock

Thank you for the links to the three stone thread! I do like the finger coverage of my three stone, but I have my larger Singlestone solitaire that I can wear when I want extra oomph. Meanwhile, my current ring is needing some freshening up on the prongs and a polish out some larger scratches on the bottom. I want to figure out if I will keep it as is or go for a reset before I spend another $150 for a polish and prong freshen.

I LOOVE the cushion shaped bezels like Packrat and Coati have. Might be something to think about. But I am not ready to pay Singlestone prices at this time. I would need more time to save for that. I love their designs though and Heather is a dream to work with.

Beyond possibly resetting my three stone, I would like to have a simple design that will not catch on anything, easy to clean with an open pavillion and looks modern but feminine, and of course, sparkles like mad. I have been perusing the under 1 ct thread, the bezel thread, and such and have started pinning ideas. Maybe I need a bezeled band instead. Is melee just as secure in a bezeled setting as a larger diamond?

Max budget for platinum is $2500.

Thanks for the thoughts. I guess I have a lot of thinking and more looking to do.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love the idea of the BGD bezel solitaire. I think that would look pretty and elegant, while still being super simple and sturdy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results