Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More stills

_29181.jpg

_29182.jpg

_29183.jpg

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
That's the nicest green zircon I've seen. Thanks for posting it.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I bet it sparkles like mad

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3 new stones, cut by Gene: purple sapphire, blue sapphire and amethyst.
The blue sapphire has an excellent color, but also a rather visible inclusion. Therefore it has a great price.

_29258.jpg

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock
Did someone already snatch all three of those up? Wow.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gene's stones go so quickly!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I got refunded on the aquamarine in Gene's drop. :((

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1429587360|3865170 said:
I got refunded on the aquamarine in Gene's drop. :((

Oh no! Sorry to hear this iLander. Did you ask Gene whether he has more rough?

Gemajames

Shiny_Rock
This was my lucky week :appl: I heard last night that I scored Dana's blue spinel and I purchased my first Gene stone. I bought the purple sapphire. I'll post picks when they both arrive later this week.

ILander, I've been in your shoes several times on Gene's stones. And twice on the same stone that I assume someone had returned. :wall:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1429359443|3864028 said:
Lusting for more green? Then consider this green zircon by Jim McCormick. To my eyes it looks really good in the video.

This stone has been sold, just wondering if a PS'er got it? Was seriously considering it but waited too long I guess! Just curious, and a little jealous maybe! :saint:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17 said:
Lusting for more green? Then consider this green zircon by Jim McCormick. To my eyes it looks really good in the video.

This stone has been sold, just wondering if a PS'er got it? Was seriously considering it but waited too long I guess! Just curious, and a little jealous maybe! :saint:

Ah, that would be me. Jim had told me that there were three other buyers interested and I wondered if any of them were PSers [emoji4] I've never seen a green /metamict zircon before so I'm not quite sure what to expect, hopefully it looks as amazing as the video.. Apparently green zircon is hard to find in this quality so I'm curious and excited to see it in person.

I probably won't get it til next week because I'm in Asia though, but will try to post pics once it arrives.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1429657407|3865536 said:
junebug17 said:

Ah, that would be me. Jim had told me that there were three other buyers interested and I wondered if any of them were PSers [emoji4] I've never seen a green /metamict zircon before so I'm not quite sure what to expect, hopefully it looks as amazing as the video.. Apparently green zircon is hard to find in this quality so I'm curious and excited to see it in person.

I probably won't get it tip next week because I'm in Asia though, but will try to post pics once it arrives.

That's great mochiko! It looks like a lovely stone, hope you love it! Would love to see pics if you get a chance.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wish the stone was cut better - but then again, its a zircon so I'm sure it will be forgiving!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux said:
I just wish the stone was cut better - but then again, its a zircon so I'm sure it will be forgiving!
It was supposedly recut by Dan Stair. I haven't seen any of his stones before in person so not sure of his cutting skills. Guess I'll find out soon!

Here's the video of the recut stone
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N0hNI8MGLEg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mochiko: congrats! The colour and sparkle look amazing based on the video and photo. I cannot wait to see your own pics.

Junebug: hope you will find an amazing stone soon! :wavey:

austinj

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on the beautiful zircon!! I am jealous! Ok I'm going to post these mahenge spinels here, not because they are good price, but I love love love the color and I think they are a perfect size for earrings. I put them in the wrong thread before! And honestly I feel like mahenge spinels are only going to go up up up in price anyways so to me this price is not so bad. *Forgot to mention these are from wild fish. ** and forgot the link! Lord help me its 6 in the morning here. http://www.wildfishgems.com/inc/sdetail/10943/14933

_29302.jpg

_29303.jpg

_29304.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austinj: thank you for posting those pretty stones to the thread. For posterity, we ask that you include all the relevant details when you add stones. Many people add just a link, but the minute the link is taken down for whatever reason often due to sale, there is nothing left to see. Part of the benefit of this thread is to be able to go back and see what prices were on historical dates for various stone types. So, in the future, in addition to the great photos you included, could you include: weight, color description by vendor, clarity, dimensions and price - and why you think someone should jump on it (e.g., its an exceptional price, its a one of a kind piece, etc.). This will really help any future readers as well. If you are not sure, look back at the first few posts at how people did those and use those as a guideline. ;))

And don't take this personally - every once in a while, I come back on this thread to remind folks of its purpose as we had hoped to have it be eye candy and information all in one! :))

Thank you! :wavey:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought of one other thing that is great about this thread: when its done correctly and all the requested info is provided including why in the poster's mind it is a good deal, you will notice that the majority of the stones then sell really quickly. So it really does help folks who are looking for a particular stone, yay! :praise:

austinj

Shiny_Rock
Oh no offense taken at all! It's good your telling me this. How am I supposed to learn otherwise? Ok I will edit it with more info from the seller. Thanks!
Ok couldn't edit old post so here is info in case anyone is interested. I think these are great because of the color, unique cut and good earring size. But the main thing is the color!! Price is higher but like I said I don't think these will go down in price ever so I think they should be snatched up while we still can. And pics are in the above post.

From Wild Fish Gems:
Carat: 2.82 (total)
Size: approx 7x7 each
Overall grade: very good
Clarity: lightly included
Color: rich orange pink- med dark 65
Price: 5560$
Comment: Two lovely cut-to-match two mahenge spinels for romantic jewelry. This is high end gemstone color magic. Obviously not for the shy. No visible inclusions. Better cut than most heart-shapes. Though different in depths the face dimensions are twin like.

Ok hopefully this is better?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
austinj|1429719212|3865896 said:
Oh no offense taken at all! It's good your telling me this. How am I supposed to learn otherwise? Ok I will edit it with more info from the seller. Thanks!
Ok couldn't edit old post so here is info in case anyone is interested. I think these are great because of the color, unique cut and good earring size. But the main thing is the color!! Price is higher but like I said I don't think these will go down in price ever so I think they should be snatched up while we still can. And pics are in the above post.

From Wild Fish Gems:
Carat: 2.82 (total)
Size: approx 7x7 each
Overall grade: very good
Clarity: lightly included
Color: rich orange pink- med dark 65
Price: 5560$
Comment: Two lovely cut-to-match two mahenge spinels for romantic jewelry. This is high end gemstone color magic. Obviously not for the shy. No visible inclusions. Better cut than most heart-shapes. Though different in depths the face dimensions are twin like.

Ok hopefully this is better?

That was GREAT, austinj! I wouldn't be surprised if he receives more inquiries based on your posting here. ;))

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1429685575|3865701 said:
minousbijoux said:
It was supposedly recut by Dan Stair. I haven't seen any of his stones before in person so not sure of his cutting skills. Guess I'll find out soon!

Here's the video of the recut stone
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N0hNI8MGLEg

I have a large green zircon (runs about 3.5cts) and though not precision cut, it sparkles like mad. But yeah it could certainly use a recut (can't lie!). I've always found the greens to be a bit hazy, so if yours is, don't be too surprised by it. Can't wait to see what you think!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1429695592|3865720 said:
Mochiko: congrats! The colour and sparkle look amazing based on the video and photo. I cannot wait to see your own pics.

Junebug: hope you will find an amazing stone soon! :wavy:

Acinom, thanks, you are so nice! I am thinking about that pretty spinel TL posted a page or two back!

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
minousbijoux|1430106815|3868283 said:
I know there are some of us keeping our eyes peeled for a vanadium chrysoberyl. One popped up on Multicolour:
http://www.multicolour.com/detail/?/details/single/chrysoberyl/cb10100aa/&1244716636

It could have greater saturation, but not too bad and 3.26 cts if you have $2,400.

It would be interesting how this cHrysoberyl looks like in real life.

I think it is a bit more on the green side - I miss the typical bluishgreen of a fine V-Chryso...

He offer this stone for a long time now - around 500 pct maybe interesting - I think it is to expensive...

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely citrine and already set in a nice ring. Vendor is Jason Brim.
I love the elongated shape of the stone: very elegant.
If you consider it: make sure it can be sized.

_29616.jpg

_29617.jpg

_29618.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Amethyst, cut by Doug Menadue.
Please note that the price is in Aussie dollars. It would be about 235 USD.

Please also note the depth of the stone.

_29619.jpg

_29621.jpg

_29623.jpg

_29624.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marlow|1430118785|3868307 said:
minousbijoux|1430106815|3868283 said:
I know there are some of us keeping our eyes peeled for a vanadium chrysoberyl. One popped up on Multicolour:
http://www.multicolour.com/detail/?/details/single/chrysoberyl/cb10100aa/&1244716636

It could have greater saturation, but not too bad and 3.26 cts if you have $2,400.

It would be interesting how this cHrysoberyl looks like in real life.

I think it is a bit more on the green side - I miss the typical bluishgreen of a fine V-Chryso...

He offer this stone for a long time now - around 500 pct maybe interesting - I think it is to expensive...

Agree with your summary - didn't realize this was the same one that has been hanging around. Still, in the absence of finding a bluish one, this is still green. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results