shape
carat
color
clarity

Seeking Ideas

TheDude77

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I am looking to purchase an engagement ring for my very special lady. We had a general look one day so I have an idea of what she likes. We saw one that caught both of our eyes, I could go with that one but interested if others had similar suggestions that might add a little element of surprise. A little background

- she's petite - around 5'1", so smaller hands (size 4.5 ring)
- she liked the 3 stone designs the best, in particular the one attached, she liked the thin profile, the tapering adjacent to the stones and the fact the stones didn't sit high and blended into the ring so as not to create a step or edge since she works with gloves (granted this was with a 0.5 centre so perhaps thats more difficult with larger stones)
- she's incredibly beautiful but prefers a modest/conservative style
- we are both fortunate to have well paying professions but don't wish to have things that are obviously in excess of that of our peers and siblings (I'm not sure what would be the average expense of a ring)

Any similar suggestions? What would be a good size for the centre stone so as note to appear to large on a small hand?

Thanks!

hof-signature-three-stone-engagement-ring-1.png

hof-signature-three-stone-engagement-ring-2_1.png

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's all relative. I think a great size is 1-1.25 cts. It's large without being obnoxious. And on her hand will look amazing, esp in a three stone.

I think many vendors can make a similar setting, or you could get THAT setting if she really loved it. The budget is important to know, and I'd focus the efforts on the stones, over the setting.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you are both financially comfortable, get her the Hearts on Fire actual rings she likes. With a hearts on fire stone.

As to size. Where do you live? What metro area. Big is relative. In parts of the south a carat is big. In Houston or NYC or Dallas nothing short of 2 carats is big.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gypsy|1414027016|3771349 said:
If you are both financially comfortable, get her the Hearts on Fire actual rings she likes. With a hearts on fire stone.
I think this is refreshingly good advice. If saving money and or getting a bigger diamond is not an issue, it is almost always better to just get her what you know she will love. You simply cannot go wrong taking that approach!

TheDude77

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like going with the HOF may be a good route then, just wasn't sure if it would come across as having put a lack of effort in the process. At the same time, I'd hate to think didn't like something I picked out based on my interpretation of her tastes. Much appreciated.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results