shape
carat
color
clarity

Very sick kitty.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for posting the pictures, Gyps. She was a beautiful little girl, far smaller than I had imagined from you avatar. I can see from the photo with John how much he loved her, too. She knew she was always surrounded by love. Never fear.

Hugs,
Deb

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, Thank you for posting the pictures of your little girl. She's was such a little beauty. I've been worried about you all day. My heart breaks for you. Sending you love and hugs.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear your sad news Gypsy. My heart breaks for you. She looks like a real sweetie. I bet she was a character alright to worm her way so deep in your heart. Lots of peace to you when you're ready for it..

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I am SO sorry Gypsy! She was beautiful and so loved - that is obvious. I wish there was something I could say or do... I am heartbroken for you & your hubby. (((HUGS))) It's such a horrible thing, losing a fur baby. :(sad

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So very sorry, Gypsy.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
She was a beautiful and special cat, Gypsy. You were together a long time, and she had a great life. (hugs)

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh gypsy, I am so very sorry about Hally! My heart is breaking for you and your DH! Sending prayers and hugs your way.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry Gypsy.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone.

I see her everywhere right now. When I blink she's there. I know the grief will soften, but right now...
She had such a larger than life personality. I always said she had the personality of 5 cats.

It's worse for my husband. As you saw from the pictures, they had a special bond. He couldn't sit done without her being in his lap. We used to count down. He's sit and we'd start at 5 and before we reached 1 she'd be there. We had a number of nicknames for her but the most prominent was 'Tat' or 'Tata'. And We both have Tat shaped holes in our heart right now. The other cats have been staying close to us. And that's a comfort. I can't seem to adjust to the fact that we have 5 now. Not six.

Her light didn't burn long. But it burned bright.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, gypsy, i'm so very sorry for your loss.
if you are in need of a "local" crematorium, let me know: there is one in Royal Oaks near Watsonville that I've used for all my departed kitties.

your kitty was well loved and loved well.
your walk through life with her has been cut short but she will remain in you and your husband's hearts forever.
it really is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all....
and if it didn't hurt so much it really would not have been love.

again, i'm so very sorry for your loss.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Dear Gypsy,

I had to cry when I read your news, it is hard to say anything that helps but we are with You and her soul is free of suffering. Been there many times and Always want to have just a little longer. The pain and missing them never goes away but it definitely eases. What really helped me in the First few weeks is the pet loss forum, You may want to talk to the really nice people there. Take it easy and Please know that You are not alone.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you MZ for your kind words. And you are right, if it didn't hurt so much it wouldn't have been love. She was at Sage Veterinary and they gave us a few options last night, and we picked one. We'll get her ashes in a couple weeks. As well as a paw print.

Here are a couple other pics of her.

She ruled the house. She was the empress. You can see it here. The last one has both our hands in it, with her. You can see my ring. And John's hands. We have many photos of her. And they are comfort. A huge comfort.

1512444_10201852420344162_1341007561_n.jpg

img00045-20100130-2252.jpg

img00242-20100518-2320__201_.jpg

img00129-20100324-1203__113_.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Vince. I am going to check out that immune booster for my Duncan. Thank you for sharing that with me.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i'm glad you have a lot of photos....and, yes, it really does help.

and i'm so very glad you have your other "kids" to be with during this time. that actually helps lots, too.

again, so very very very sorry for your loss.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
That looked like one nice soul in a cat body.

I'm sorry to hear she has gone on ahead...

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet kitty! Reminds me so much of mine, I'm glad I also took a loy of pics of her to remember her with.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I am very sorry for your loss, I know our pets become a piece of our heart and when we lose one a part breaks.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I am very very sorry about the loss of your little girl. My heart goes out to you and your husband.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I am so very sorry to hear of your loss, Gypsy - regrettably, I can say that hub and I had nearly the exact same experience last July.

Our boy Sammy had many of the same symptoms you described - eating less, etc., and we knew he was at the twilight of his life at 16, but he wasn't close to acute then. We went for an overnight, and we came home just over 28 hours later to find him sitting very rigidly in the tiny downstairs bathroom and he wouldn't move.....didn't come to us when we came in the door. He was quite warm and we knew something was really wrong. We hauled him immediately to the vet, who said many of the same things - anemic, possible infection, etc.

We lost him that night as well, and it was a blow. I can so appreciate what you're going through, and I hope you can both get past the rawness of the loss to tap into the great memories you have of her.

I still miss my little guy all these months later - he actually looked quite a bit like your Hally.

2006-10-28_sammy-1.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Gypsy, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I know how much you and John love your kitty kids, and I know how painful it is to lose a family member like that. I wish I knew what more to say but I'm thinking of you.

Alj, Sammy was beautiful, and I see the resemblance between him and Halley. I'm sorry to hear of Sammy's passing, too.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
gypsy, I found it helpful to find ways to "honor" and help lay to rest my kitty both in my mind and physically.

I realize it may seem odd and extremely controlling but I don't want anyone touching my deceased kitty that was not known to it while living. I bring the body home [if not already at home] and prepare it with flowers and greenery to go to the crematorium. I transport my kitty myself and am allowed to place him/her into the crematorium. this usually happens the next day. I stay there the whole time and "witness" literally and figuratively the whole process.
odd as it seems it has provided me with some acceptance and allows me to further say goodbye.
it is my "ritual" for dealing with the death of one of my kitty kids.
I have some other things I do as well but i'll just leave it at that.
I find that having a ritual helps me to stay focused and to say my goodbyes.

I have 7 urns lined up [to date]. when I die their ashes will be added to mine and we will be scattered together. this thought also gives me peace of mind.

I hope you too find and develop your own way to honor your kitty and accept her departure.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, I hope however you decide to handle things with Hally, whether it be burial or cremation, I hope you and John find some peace.
My one wish is that your pain begins to subside in the coming days. You can tell from the pictures you posted how special she was. The one with her sitting on top of John had me laughing. It looks like she telling your other babies "look he's MY dad and I'm the favorite, don't forget it". Your little girl Hally was truly a very special baby.

Movie Zombie, Thank you for your beautiful post above.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1409974651|3745814 said:
Thank you everyone.

I see her everywhere right now. When I blink she's there. I know the grief will soften, but right now...
She had such a larger than life personality. I always said she had the personality of 5 cats.

I've thought about that statement since I read it yesterday. Maybe you are supposed to see her, Gypsy. I don't know where cats go when they pass on. But the rules for cat afterlife may be different from ours. Since she didn't get home from the vet's, maybe she "appears" to comfort you, to communicate to you that she's doing okay where she has moved on to. Think and live in the moment, the way cats do. Maybe she's sending you a message that her new life is good. Cats are mysterious creatures. I think all of them, but especially the very bright ones, can see dimensions that we can't. I honestly would not be surprised if they could communicate with and from "the other side."

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
TC1987|1410048364|3746179 said:
I've thought about that statement since I read it yesterday. Maybe you are supposed to see her, Gypsy. I don't know where cats go when they pass on. But the rules for cat afterlife may be different from ours. Since she didn't get home from the vet's, maybe she "appears" to comfort you, to communicate to you that she's doing okay where she has moved on to. Think and live in the moment, the way cats do. Maybe she's sending you a message that her new life is good. Cats are mysterious creatures. I think all of them, but especially the very bright ones, can see dimensions that we can't. I honestly would not be surprised if they could communicate with and from "the other side."

I so agree: when LaHonda girl kitty died both my husband and I kept seeing her in the place she died. she was curled up sleeping.......if any species can leave a presence/imprint I believe it is our kitties.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear about your kitty Gypsy.

Her little face is so expressive in those photos. You can tell she was a special girl.

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so very sorry, Gypsy. Hugs....

hoover

Shiny_Rock
I'm so sorry for your loss, Gypsy ;(
Hally was dearly loved and she'll be waiting for you on the other side of the rainbow bridge.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry Gypsy. I know you love her still...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love all my cats. Duncan is very much an angel and a gentleman, smart, but not too smart. Whitey is a fluffy sweet beautiful dummy. Hally's face was always alive with expressions (as you can tell from the pics), and Whitey is her polar opposite in that respect. He always looks mildly baffled. Jack is a quirky awkward goofball. He is so eager for love he's like a dog. And he lacks the usual cat confidence. Frodo is a paranoid love that's always torn between wanting to cuddle and wanting to bolt for the safety of the underside of the bed. . And Lucy... Lucy is... we took her to the vet last month. She wasn't eating. And she was cuddly and sweet and totally meek. So we thought she was going to die. We took her to the vet, where she stayed overnight. And it was so funny, the reports we'd get from the vet as she improved. Things like, "she's becoming more of a challenge to handle as she feels better," and "she really doesn't like to be pet anywhere but her head as time goes on." She has very firm boundaries, our Lucy.

But Hally. She was all personality. It just shone from her. She was like the sun. Those pet shaming pictures with the signs. There was a collage of like 30 of them. And as we were going through them a few months ago we were laughing because Hally earned like five of them all by herself. From "I lick the butter," to "I knock things off shelves just to watch them fall." She couldn't be in a room and be unnoticed. And she loved people. If any one has ever watched the movie Bolt: Mittens is very much a soul sister to my Hally. Just as sassy and fearless and smart. With a heart just as big.

Calliecake, Yes. That is exactly what she was saying. John was HER DADDY. And woe be to ANYONE who sought to impose on what she considered hers. She was a demon about enforcing that. That's why John is laughing in that picture. It was just such a classic Hally moment.

TC and MZ, Cats ARE mysterious creatures. And if there is a way to haunt us from the beyond, I have faith that Hally will figure out how to do it. And I will welcome it if it happens. Much love to you both.

Aljdewey... I'm sorry you went through the same thing with your beautiful black and white boy. And yes, things are very raw right now. Thank you for sharing your story. And for your words of empathy.

Even though I am not responding individually to everyone, please know I am reading and re-reading your posts. And that they are such a comfort and that I so appreciate everyone's support and caring and thoughts, and prayers and advice. THANK YOU EVERYONE. You guys are just wonderful.

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy I just read this post now, I am so sorry to hear about your darling Hally. It is never easy to lose a pet we love so much. I am sure Hally with be forever in your hearts - sending hugs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results