shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Gypsy - Come in Gypsy

onedollarshrimp

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I was wondering if you'd mind taking a look for me at a few things, I have a GIA report, video of the stones performance in various light settings and will have an ASET in hand shortly as well.

Is it possible to email you as you seem to be the only one checking out my posts anyway ;-)

Let me know!

Thank YOU,
Chris

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL! Forum rules prevent us from giving out private information.

But if you post it all here I will be happy to take a look later. This is the last day of the month so it is a busy day for me at work. But I will check on you. :wavey:

luvdajules

Brilliant_Rock
Hi OP, I've been following your journey, but Gypsy covers everything and is one of the best stone selectors on here. If my opinion varies or have other input, I post. If I agree, then I don't post. FWIW, the one you guys have on hold is stunning. Wouldn't change a thing.

onedollarshrimp

Rough_Rock
Hi Luvdajules (I think I spelled it correct :) ) - thanks for following the journey, thats a nice way of putting this search I've been on...it feels like a never ending trek :sun:

I'll post the info out here, my fear is last time I posted something someone stole my find!

Please see attached below. Anything else you can suggest/provide would be great. The gentleman I've been working with has been pretty accommodating and providing me with whatever I ask for. I couldn't upload a movie file, though hope the ASET and GIA are helpful enough and then anything else you folk suggest :)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Best,
Chris

_403.png

Attachments

• _72.pdf
    732.7 KB · Views: 105

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks lovely to me. Honestly, I'd buy it.

onedollarshrimp

Rough_Rock
Would you venture a guess as to my price on the diamond?

Also, no concerns with GIA?

Not 100% sure how to read the ASET though about to do some serious searching. I know its not a H&A diamond, but should there be a bit more definition in the facets?

Sorry for the 1,000,000 questions :) - If you ever find yourself in San Francisco, I owe you a drink :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I live 30 minutes away from San Francisco. I am in San Mateo.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW. It's beautiful. I really like it. I work in Foster City. =) And yes, I can take a good guess.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
ASET photo set up is a the reason you can't getting a lot of definition. I see nothing to worry about anywhere. It's just a REALLY lovely stone. the GIA certificate has no flags on it. And the spread is great (this is the best part of 60/60 stones). I think it's a fantastic choice.

This is an expensive purchase and I think you are doing a great job, especially given the amount of information thrown at you.

How and where are you getting it set?

luvdajules

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there, I love it too. It looks really great and I'll bet it's a real firecracker, super bright and sparkly. Can't wait to see the finished ring. She's a lucky lady!

onedollarshrimp

Rough_Rock
Thanks LDJ! :)

I used to live in Foster City, right off of FCity Blvd in the new complex called the Plaza - small world!

Thanks again for all your help! I'll be sure to post pictures, here is a link to the setting: http://instagram.com/p/rDddzxpGtM/

Should I be concerned at all with the H color being set in platinum in terms of showing/enhancing any yellowing?

What about cost of a platinum band with the pave? What should a platinum wedding ring surrounded in pave cost?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

onedollarshrimp

Rough_Rock
Interesting on the pave and on letting her make the wedding ring selection, thats news to me and it'll save me some $$ right now :)

I was going to have laurenbjewelry set it, as they have the diamond I will be buying. I know they aren't very well known on this forum, though I feel I've gotten a fair price and communication has been very good.

Would you recommend buying the loose stone and having it set my someone more well known? Apparently LaurenB creates all settings from scratch though I think this is a fairly popular style as I've seen it here as well: http://www.labijouteriesf.com/index.php/gallery

2nd row - all the way to the right.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Forgive my butting-in. I just wanted to say - the title and content of this thread reflect the best components of the spirit of Pricescope! :)

onedollarshrimp

Rough_Rock
Thanks for noticing my post and I couldnt agree more, Gypsy is an amazingly helpful person :)...and with that, welcome to the party John. :wavey:

I've read quite a few of your threads which I've found super helpful. I'd love your 2 cents here supposing you have the time.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
onedollarshrimp|1406864150|3724223 said:
Thanks for noticing my post and I couldnt agree more, Gypsy is an amazingly helpful person :)...and with that, welcome to the party John. :wavey:

I've read quite a few of your threads which I've found super helpful. I'd love your 2 cents here supposing you have the time.
Thanks for the kind comment ODShrimp. I love this community.

Let's see... B&M jeweler hooking you up with killer 2ct firecracker (nice ASET), great spread, local to both you and a prolific PS expert Gypsy? ... No need for analysis-paralysis. You're in good hands.

Its great that you found Pricescope - if this turns out to be "the perfect fit" be sure to post pix and a shout-out to your jeweler.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks John. :wavey:

ODS- John may be prohibited by forum rules from remarking on another vendor's merchandise.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Regarding the setting. The name sounded familiar. A few PSers have used them (links through old threads below).

([URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/anyone-ever-use-lauren-b-jewelry.197822/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/anyone-ever-use-lauren-b-jewelry.197822/[/URL] and [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-beautiful-lady-miss-daisy-kay-courtesy-of-lauren-b-erd.201943/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-beautiful-lady-miss-daisy-kay-courtesy-of-lauren-b-erd.201943/[/URL] and [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/lauren-b-jewelers-nyc.172157/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/lauren-b-jewelers-nyc.172157/[/URL])

Are you sure she likes that style of ring? Did she say that's what she wanted?

Another option for you is, that you could get the stone unset and take it to Joe Escobar and see some different styles of settings (they have a LOT of options). And if you decide to buy from there all you have to do is get the stone insured before it's set (we can help you with that). It would be good because you would start a relationship with a great local jeweler (many PSers use them, including me) that way and let you see different ring styles in person.

onedollarshrimp

Rough_Rock
Good point Gypsy re: John

Candidly, Im not sure - her sister and I are doing all the shopping at the moment and we're both in agreement that this is very much her style. In talking to her she's mentioned many styles/cuts etc though really hasnt mentioned 1 specifically...

We will be doing some window shopping with 1 appointment this weekend to get a feel for styles. I know that is a little less romantic maybe but I want to get this one right :). I wasnt able to find just settings on Joe's page although I did see he was in CA and had quite a selection. Maybe it's just been too long a day looking at the computer ;-)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joe Escobar is in Campbell. And I HIGHLY suggest that you make a trip down there to window shop with your lady. HIGHLY suggest it. They have amazing stuff and fabulous quality and fantastic selection.

I would hold off on ANY purchase until you go there with her.

There is a great New York Pizza place down there (my husband is from the NY/NJ area) called Slice of New York. The Campbell location is a hole in the wall but the pizza is fantastic. And there is a very nice Persian restaurant called Negeen down there. AND there's Valley Faire and Santana Row.

I would make a day of it, especially given the lovely weather we are having. Go down for some fantastic pizza, some shopping and stop in (plan an hour) at Joe Escobar. http://www.escobardiamonds.com/

Your lady will be impressed.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh as for less romantic.

Here's the thing. You are planning marriage. As a couple. As partners. FRANKLY, I and most of the women on PS would tell you the most romantic thing a man can do is to ASK US FOR OUR OPINION on something we are expected to wear for the rest of our lives, and to PARTNER with us from the start on such an expensive and important purchase.

Marriage is a joint venture. To me it makes perfect sense to start off the process as partners . ;))

luvdajules

Brilliant_Rock
Well said, Gypsy! Settings are tough! Definitely get her input. I like the idea of doing something more simple/classic for now, then when it's upgrade time you can either get a new killer setting or a total redo, not that upgrading is necessary with your killer rock! lol.

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1406881895|3724317 said:
Oh as for less romantic.

Here's the thing. You are planning marriage. As a couple. As partners. FRANKLY, I and most of the women on PS would tell you the most romantic thing a man can do is to ASK US FOR OUR OPINION on something we are expected to wear for the rest of our lives, and to PARTNER with us from the start on such an expensive and important purchase.

Marriage is a joint venture. To me it makes perfect sense to start off the process as partners . ;))

hear hear!

onedollarshrimp

Rough_Rock
I'm pulling the trigger on Monday :)

I'm glad we went shopping together this weekend. GREAT suggestion. I was able to confirm so much of what she liked, her ring size (I had it wrong) and just subtle things I could have never guessed.

I'm so glad I found PS! Last bit of info I need is insurance information. I was thinking of throwing a few other things on the policy as well (I have a few nice watches and her other jewelry might make sense too)

Who are the go to insurers? :)

THANKS!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jewelers Mutual.
:wavey:

TwinkleCootie

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1406881732|3724314 said:
Joe Escobar is in Campbell. And I HIGHLY suggest that you make a trip down there to window shop with your lady. HIGHLY suggest it. They have amazing stuff and fabulous quality and fantastic selection.

I would hold off on ANY purchase until you go there with her.

There is a great New York Pizza place down there (my husband is from the NY/NJ area) called Slice of New York. The Campbell location is a hole in the wall but the pizza is fantastic. And there is a very nice Persian restaurant called Negeen down there. AND there's Valley Faire and Santana Row.

I would make a day of it, especially given the lovely weather we are having. Go down for some fantastic pizza, some shopping and stop in (plan an hour) at Joe Escobar. http://www.escobardiamonds.com/

Your lady will be impressed.

Small world....I used to live in Foster City and now live in redwood shores and grew up in San Mateo and didn't know I am in such close proximity to other PSers!

Anyways, I already purchased a loose stone and am planning on having a setting shipped to me as well. Do you recommend and know if Joe Escobar can set the stone for me? I spent a lot of money and time on my journey and want the peace of mind knowing that whoever sets the stone won't damage it...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You should get it insured before any jewelery but the one you bought the stone from sets it. But yes, Joe Escobar has a very good on site bench. You can call them and find out what it costs, etc. And make an appointment. I'd ask for Erik or Mia.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi onedollar,

That should be a gorgeous diamond, I think the ASET image is a little skew-iff so to speak which isn't a fault with the stone, but the proportions look great, it should be a lovely 60 60 type and perform very well indeed, good job! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results