color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
minousbijoux|1361219028|3383353 said:
athenaworth|1361214799|3383270 said:
Someone PLEEAASSSEE buy the pear mahenge on gemfix so I will stop coveting?

No, Athena, its not worthy of you (unless its cheap). You have better. :))

Good Lord, I'm never going to be good at figuring out colors online, am I? :D (and no, it's not cheap AT ALL)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
erinl|1361228019|3383534 said:
I feel like this has been posted before?

Another gem trader stone that I spotted when looking at that spess. The shape on this is its main drawback, the color is fabulous, imo:

It is 1.13 carats, 6.8 x 6.4mm, and 904 dollars

That's pretty and all, but it seems pricey for what it is and how its cut - not saying that its not cut well, but how much demand is there for an asymmetrical trapezoid or whatever shape that is? I would think it would have to come down in price to sell.

ChrisA222

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That Spess is very brown to me. Ok, so whatever brown I cannot see in Red, I have no problem seeing in Orange. I have a hard time seeing no brown in Spessartites which is why, with all the stones I own, there is not one Spessartite. LOL

The Opal looks good! The Tsavorite looks nice too but $904 for that size?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
athenaworth|1361229168|3383564 said:
minousbijoux|1361219028|3383353 said:
athenaworth|1361214799|3383270 said:
Someone PLEEAASSSEE buy the pear mahenge on gemfix so I will stop coveting?

No, Athena, its not worthy of you (unless its cheap). You have better. :))

Good Lord, I'm never going to be good at figuring out colors online, am I? :D (and no, it's not cheap AT ALL)

It lacks the saturation of your stones athenaworth, at least on my computer. Don't feel bad about not seeing things online. I wonder if our monitors are similar enough to even have these conversations. We should all calibrate our monitors to a PS color strip that is sent out to us when we hit X posts on the CS forum. :lol:

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Bluebirrrd-- here is a design for your new Blue sapphire trillion:

ivysapphire.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is easier to see brown in orange than in red for some reason.

One would think the funky shaped tsavorite will be priced better to sell. The setting definitely has to be custom. I wonder how it can be set in a ring...

As for the Mahenge, it's not well saturated. Athena, your ruby looks much redder. Save your money. ;))

The opal has a red modifier. Did anyone pick up on that? I find myself liking orange with a touch of red these days. It makes the stone look "stronger".

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1361242972|3383909 said:
The opal has a red modifier. Did anyone pick up on that? I find myself liking orange with a touch of red these days. It makes the stone look "stronger".

Yup, absolutely. And as you know, that's my holy grail for a spessartite. :bigsmile:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Erini: I love the color, but its hard to see the details of the setting from that perspective.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
15 carats set in a ring! The underside looks surprisingly simple, looking at the reflection below.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I honestly think it's worse than crack - and a lot more expensive!

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Someone please buy this tourmaline from Litnon:

http://www.litnon.com/index.php?page=viewgem&id=7208

It was listed and sold about a year ago. I swooned over it then, and I'm swooning over it now!
Alas, it is too expensive for me, and I have to save up a mortgage deposit! Booo!! :(sad

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
athenaworth said:
Someone buy this, or tell me it's not that amazing and my eyes are totally tricking me. I need a reason to stop figuring out which organ to sell next. http://www.multicolour.com/detail/?/details/single/spinel/sn10364ab/&1244716636
Does any one have analysis to offer on this stone? I know it has been said before that Multicolor's Mahenge's appear more saturated in the photos than in real life. And the description says "medium strongly purplish red." Should we assume that it will be darker and more purple than the picture shows? Honest opinions very welcome - no need to sugar coat.

Because, my goodness, that picture gives me chills!

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
The pic looks gorgeous, Athenaw and roseb, price seems goods so i to wonder with Roseb how much different it would look.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1361633384|3388529 said:
athenaworth said:
Someone buy this, or tell me it's not that amazing and my eyes are totally tricking me. I need a reason to stop figuring out which organ to sell next. http://www.multicolour.com/detail/?/details/single/spinel/sn10364ab/&1244716636
Does any one have analysis to offer on this stone? I know it has been said before that Multicolor's Mahenge's appear more saturated in the photos than in real life. And the description says "medium strongly purplish red." Should we assume that it will be darker and more purple than the picture shows? Honest opinions very welcome - no need to sugar coat.

Because, my goodness, that picture gives me chills!

Honestly? Based on the photo, I'd buy it! I love the photo but I'd ask David if he has a video because the photos do tend to amp up the saturation a bit. However, these are in short supply now and this is well but AND I'm a sucker for pears. If you buy it I'll gladly swap it for my Mahenge pear! ;-)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If LD has just validated the likelihood of a good color and the video confirms that fact, then it is an excellent price for a Mahenge and you should jump! I didn't comment before because I have no experience reading his photos compared to reality and they surely look amped up to me. But LD had bought and does know so it sounds promising.

diamondcut

Rough_Rock
Trade
Someone should defiantly buy this Tourmaline heart. 8.100 cts, $7776.00 Colour / clarity to die for :)

tm6064aa_403x403pxl.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
David must use the same cutter often because I bought an 8.5ct Tanzanite heart and the cut was exactly the same as this (ie the centre is not good) and he recut it for me. The end result improved it no end. So if anybody is thinking of pulling the trigger then please make sure you have a recut tweak!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great color, but the price... :o :o :o

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
AND needing a re-cut. :errrr: Agree on the color, though -- nice.

--- Laurie

diamondcut

Rough_Rock
Trade
Sorry, the link was to Sphene, which by the way also deserves a buyer.

Here is the clicky to the Tourmaline

And here is the Sphene heart. 10.17 cts, $4716.00 I wonder why they are using different pictures on the website and FB?

sh10505aa_small.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at the cut on the Sphene - it's the same again! :lol:

My "Christmas Tree" sphene came from Multicolour and the photo was very similar to the one you get when you click the link.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
What was the price on the Mahenge? I missed it too.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
pregcurious said:
What was the price on the Mahenge? I missed it too.
$700ish

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, rosebloom. What was the carat weight?

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I think 1.35?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results