icekid, January
aviastar, April
NewEnglandLady, May
honey22, July
gem_anemone, July
nysurg, August
StacylikesSparkles, September
Blacksand, October

Just reviewing and updating- am I missing anyone? icekid- officially started? Congrats! osu22- I'm following along in the TTC thread, sticky dust to you and all the other ladies over there!

Updates anyone? nysurg- how are you doing overseas? Staying safe and busy?

Ummm... I am pregnant. Just got a positive today. Even though this is number 2, it still seems kind of crazy/surreal.

WAHOOOO!!! :appl:

Congratulations, icekid!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Icekid, that is AWESOME!!! Congratulations!! :appl: You clearly were not playing around with your time frame lol

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
So...I had a medical thing this month that required me to be off the pill, just for one cycle. And I may have convinced DH to walk on the wild side, just once. Oh, and I do happen to be just about timed perfectly... :Up_to_something:

Wish me luck, girls! Otherwise, I promised to not nag until April, that's along time!

(He was pretty cute about the whole thing though- he was sweating some bullets last night, but after a minute to calm down, he said, 'Ya know, it would really be ok if you were a Mommy after tonight, cause I love you and we're ready.' :love: )

Sorry if that's TMI!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
StacylikesSparkles|1358772392|3360815 said:
Icekid, that is AWESOME!!! Congratulations!! :appl: You clearly were not playing around with your time frame lol

Thanks ladies! Ironically, I had decided that we should wait one more month, but uhh, then we had one irresponsible episode. Fingers crossed for a sticky bean.

aviastar- Good luck! I am living proof that it only takes once :appl:

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
aviastar|1358884180|3361873 said:
So...I had a medical thing this month that required me to be off the pill, just for one cycle. And I may have convinced DH to walk on the wild side, just once. Oh, and I do happen to be just about timed perfectly... :Up_to_something:

Wish me luck, girls! Otherwise, I promised to not nag until April, that's along time!

(He was pretty cute about the whole thing though- he was sweating some bullets last night, but after a minute to calm down, he said, 'Ya know, it would really be ok if you were a Mommy after tonight, cause I love you and we're ready.' :love: )

Sorry if that's TMI!

Bugger, I had this whole long thing typed out and it erased on me! Ok, I'll try to remember lol

AHHHH!! I have to say, I have my fingers crossed for you! What a nice little surprise that would be! :appl:

So yesterday we had DH's uncle and dad over to fix some plumbing issues and while they were over, they talked about progress and ideas for the upstairs bathroom. The plan is to move the whole layout around to make it a more functional space. As of now, the bathroom has been gutted, but with the new change, we will need to move the pipes around (and we're even moving the window!), so DH will have to gut the floor and walls as well. I know that I do not want to be in the middle of this huge renovation while I'm close to the end of a pregnancy, so I'm hoping we can get this thing moving ASAP! We should be ready to buy another car within the next 1-2 months, but since we're not in a big hurry, we will be able to wait if we don't find what we're looking for. Those are two big things that we can get out of the way before baby, so I am feeling super excited about things! I would really like to have a winter baby, so in my ideal world, getting pregnant in March would be ideal. If not, no biggie. I would however like to have a nice little surprise (sort of like you, Avia!), but thus far we have been pretty diligent about using alternative bc. We have already talked about how we wouldn't be upset and would actually be pretty excited if I were to get pregnant before we actually planned, but I do want to save a little more money and start having some things more in order with the house (no construction lol) before we officially get down to business (Ha!! :naughty: ). All of our life changes have been completely positive and it's so strange (ok, to me it's strange...it was never like this until DH, so I know for sure that I picked the best person for me!), but I keep falling more in love with my husband each day, so I KNOW we're in the right frame of mind for baby! I'm getting all swoony just thinking about him...maybe I need to pull an Avia tonight, as I think it's right around the perfect timing ;-)

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
DO IT!

Sounds like you've bumped (HA!) your time frame up anyway though- March, that's awesome!

Well, we'll know in two weeks won't we?

I hear you on the construction, but I bet a due date would be a GREAT motivator for getting things accomplished!

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Icekid! And good luck Avia ;-)

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
aviastar|1358954698|3362264 said:
DO IT!

Sounds like you've bumped (HA!) your time frame up anyway though- March, that's awesome!

I hear you on the construction, but I bet a due date would be a GREAT motivator for getting things accomplished!

No dice. Last night was surprisingly busy and time just got away from us. And I took my temp this morning and it was higher. Scheesh! It's cool..there is always next month! ;-) Actually, I told DH that I had a weird feeling we would get pregnant within the next 2 months. We'll see how that goes lol...maybe that is just the baby fever talking. Some months I really feel like we would have to try hard to get pregnant and others I think it could happen so easily now that I'm learning more about tracking. I guess only time and practice (ha) will tell.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
StacylikesSparkles|1359049460|3362892 said:
aviastar|1358954698|3362264 said:
DO IT!

No dice. Last night was surprisingly busy and time just got away from us. And I took my temp this morning and it was higher. Scheesh! It's cool..there is always next month! ;-) Actually, I told DH that I had a weird feeling we would get pregnant within the next 2 months. We'll see how that goes lol...maybe that is just the baby fever talking. Some months I really feel like we would have to try hard to get pregnant and others I think it could happen so easily now that I'm learning more about tracking. I guess only time and practice (ha) will tell.

I know exactly what you mean! Somedays I feel like if we start in April we are just guaranteed a Feb '14 due date, and other days I just know there will be something wrong (with me, of course) and we'll just wait and wait. Those days scare me.

DH thinks that because we deviated from the plan a little bit this month that for sure that's it, but I think, really? Once? No way I could be that lucky, or that ready, it'll never happen like that. I'll be disappointed if it didn't work, cause I can't help but get my hopes up a little. No way to know till you get into it, but it is hard to think about.

Oh, and PRACTICE is the best part :Up_to_something:

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
So, let's talk about late ovulation. When I'm not on the bcp, I tend to have 7 day periods (ugh!). I have only been tracking for the last 2 cycles, but even so I'm noticing a late pattern in ovulating even now. The first cycle, it looks like I ovulated on day 17 and this cycle day 19. I'm obviously going to keep tracking, but does anyone else have this king of cycle? Could this cause any sort of conception issue? This right here is why I am SO THANKFUL I started to track before we start TTC. Otherwise we would have been ttc conceive at a much earlier time in the month than we would have needed to. Maybe this will be less as the months go by, but this is just super curious for me.

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
StacylikesSparkles|1359403590|3365690 said:
So, let's talk about late ovulation. When I'm not on the bcp, I tend to have 7 day periods (ugh!). I have only been tracking for the last 2 cycles, but even so I'm noticing a late pattern in ovulating even now. The first cycle, it looks like I ovulated on day 17 and this cycle day 19. I'm obviously going to keep tracking, but does anyone else have this king of cycle? Could this cause any sort of conception issue? This right here is why I am SO THANKFUL I started to track before we start TTC. Otherwise we would have been ttc conceive at a much earlier time in the month than we would have needed to. Maybe this will be less as the months go by, but this is just super curious for me.
I have no real input or experience, but just a thought. I wonder if this is what they mean when they say it takes a few months for your body to go back regular? Maybe after tracking for a few months you will get more regular. I gotta say I'm with you on the 7 day period. I'm NOT looking forward to that! Haha!

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
I don't really know either, Stacey. My periods are longer without the BC, too, though; they go from 3 relatively painless days to 5-6 painful days. So I really hope I don't have to have too many of those after quitting the pill! I'm not planning on tracking, so I haven't done too much reading up on it, we need one of the super trackers from the TTC thread! Those ladies know everything! So, do you mean that you ovulate late, like you still have a 28 days cycle total and the O day is coming late (short luteal phase, maybe?) Or you are still ovulating right in the middle, you just have an extra long cycle? I think it makes a difference, if I am remembering my lurker reading correctly.

AFM, my AF is due tomorrow and I can feel her coming, so I don't think I was lucky this go around. Which is ok, gives me more time to get a bit more in shape first, and get a few more things done on my list; it just would have been a really fun surprise. Makes me feel better that I only have two more BC packs to go; that's not so long! But I did make a well woman/ pre-TTC appointment with the midwives for February and I did pick up some pre-natals to start taking. Onward and upward!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Stacy, I'm always a late ovulator (CD 19-20) and have a short-ish luteal phase (~11 days). I have a midwife appointment tomorrow for some pre-TTC bloodwork and such, so I can definitely ask about it. I've never been particularly worried about it, though I also have spotting in the day or two leading ip to AF and I know that can sometimes be an issue. So it's probably not a bad thing for me to ask about anyway. I'll let you know what she says.

ETA: a 28-day cycle with O on CD 14 is really just an average, it's not "normal" or "regular" for all women. Unfortunately, I think the pill has helped perpetuate the myth that we all have to be on a strict 4-week cycle. The reason I've never been that worried about my cycles is that a 31-32 day cycle with a fairly long AF (a full 7 days when I was younger, but nowadays more like 4 real days and 3 light days where I need a liner but otherwise don't feel like I'm on my period) is normal for me. It was before HBC and it is again now that I've been off for awhile. I think that as long as its not something unusual for you and there are no other medical concerns, it's probably not a big deal. But I'm not an expert, so take that with a grain of salt!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
gem_anemone|1359407502|3365766 said:
StacylikesSparkles|1359403590|3365690 said:
I have no real input or experience, but just a thought. I wonder if this is what they mean when they say it takes a few months for your body to go back regular? Maybe after tracking for a few months you will get more regular. I gotta say I'm with you on the 7 day period. I'm NOT looking forward to that! Haha!

I was wondering this same thing, Gem. I guess only time will tell. Since I've only done it for two cycles, it's definitely possible that it will 'even out'.

aviastar|1359424236|3365980 said:
I don't really know either, Stacey. My periods are longer without the BC, too, though; they go from 3 relatively painless days to 5-6 painful days. So I really hope I don't have to have too many of those after quitting the pill! I'm not planning on tracking, so I haven't done too much reading up on it, we need one of the super trackers from the TTC thread! Those ladies know everything! So, do you mean that you ovulate late, like you still have a 28 days cycle total and the O day is coming late (short luteal phase, maybe?) Or you are still ovulating right in the middle, you just have an extra long cycle? I think it makes a difference, if I am remembering my lurker reading correctly.

AFM, my AF is due tomorrow and I can feel her coming, so I don't think I was lucky this go around. Which is ok, gives me more time to get a bit more in shape first, and get a few more things done on my list; it just would have been a really fun surprise. Makes me feel better that I only have two more BC packs to go; that's not so long! But I did make a well woman/ pre-TTC appointment with the midwives for February and I did pick up some pre-natals to start taking. Onward and upward!

Yes, I'm at a late O date, but I still work with the 28 (roughly) day cycle. I'm still educating myself, so can you give me a quite definition of luteal phase?

I did think tracking would be more daunting, but thus far it's really simple. I'm doing it now so that if it takes a few months to get pregnant, I can at least know the very best times to try so we're more likely to conceive. Good for you for getting that pre-conception meeting planned! I have been meaning to call a few times, but something always comes up. You've inspired me to call on my lunch break today! :) I asked a friend and she mentioned that I can totally go with over the counter pre-natals and she recommended a good organic brand which I'm going to scoop up on evening this week and start taking. I started up with yoga again (and it feels good!) and would like to lose about 5-8 lbs before we start ttc.

Octavia|1359444100|3366252 said:
Stacy, I'm always a late ovulator (CD 19-20) and have a short-ish luteal phase (~11 days). I have a midwife appointment tomorrow for some pre-TTC bloodwork and such, so I can definitely ask about it. I've never been particularly worried about it, though I also have spotting in the day or two leading ip to AF and I know that can sometimes be an issue. So it's probably not a bad thing for me to ask about anyway. I'll let you know what she says.

ETA: a 28-day cycle with O on CD 14 is really just an average, it's not "normal" or "regular" for all women. Unfortunately, I think the pill has helped perpetuate the myth that we all have to be on a strict 4-week cycle. The reason I've never been that worried about my cycles is that a 31-32 day cycle with a fairly long AF (a full 7 days when I was younger, but nowadays more like 4 real days and 3 light days where I need a liner but otherwise don't feel like I'm on my period) is normal for me. It was before HBC and it is again now that I've been off for awhile. I think that as long as its not something unusual for you and there are no other medical concerns, it's probably not a big deal. But I'm not an expert, so take that with a grain of salt!

I'm totally interested if your gyn has anything to say about the late ovulation, so please keep me posted, Octavia! :)

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
The entirety of my knowledge about the luteal phase was gained here on the TTC thread, so someone jump in to correct me if I am wrong. It is the time between ovulation and your period starting and 'short' or 'long' can mean different things for conception, but I don't really know what they are. :twirl:

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
aviastar|1359474282|3366403 said:
The entirety of my knowledge about the luteal phase was gained here on the TTC thread, so someone jump in to correct me if I am wrong. It is the time between ovulation and your period starting and 'short' or 'long' can mean different things for conception, but I don't really know what they are. :twirl:

Ha! Ok, well that is more knowledge than I had, so thanks for the update! Hopefully someone can chime in with the meaning of a short phase.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
StacylikesSparkles|1359475055|3366409 said:

Ha! Ok, well that is more knowledge than I had, so thanks for the update! Hopefully someone can chime in with the meaning of a short phase.

My understanding of it is that a short luteal phase could mean that your body isn't producing enough progesterone to allow an embryo to implant and sustain the pregnancy. Normally, after ovulation the levels of progesterone go way up, but when AF comes too soon after O, it could indicate that the levels are off for some reason. But you can't really know without getting the levels tested -- even some people with short LPs have no problem at all. Also, I think that your LP doesn't really vary month-to-month the way O can (i.e. if you normally have a 12-day LP, it shouldn't randomly change to 10 or 14 days, whereas if you usually O on CD 14, it wouldn't unusual for it to be delayed until CD 18 if you were sick, really stressed out, etc earlier in your cycle).

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Octavia|1359484089|3366588 said:
StacylikesSparkles|1359475055|3366409 said:

My understanding of it is that a short luteal phase could mean that your body isn't producing enough progesterone to allow an embryo to implant and sustain the pregnancy. Normally, after ovulation the levels of progesterone go way up, but when AF comes too soon after O, it could indicate that the levels are off for some reason. But you can't really know without getting the levels tested -- even some people with short LPs have no problem at all. Also, I think that your LP doesn't really vary month-to-month the way O can (i.e. if you normally have a 12-day LP, it shouldn't randomly change to 10 or 14 days, whereas if you usually O on CD 14, it wouldn't unusual for it to be delayed until CD 18 if you were sick, really stressed out, etc earlier in your cycle).

I just called my gyn and she is checking to see if she can get me in for a pre-conception appointment on Thursday. It will certainly be interesting to talk with her about this and see what she has to say. If for any reason I don't have enough progesterone, would they put my on some sort of medicine to regulate that? can I just state for the 18th time that I am so glad to be doing this prep work now and not waiting until after we start ttc?! Education is GOOD!!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Stacy, just reporting back for you -- my midwife said she's not at all worried about ovulation on CD 19-20 or the spotting I have beforeAF. She said very few of her patients ever have the "Barbie cycle" (as she called it) with O on CD 14 and 28 days overall. If I have trouble TTC, she will do testing at that point but apparently without anything more to cause concern, she really doesn't think it's a problem. Also, she said the Whole Foods brand of prenatal vitamins, which is what I have, is fine and it can be helpful to supplement with Vitamin D if you don't live in a really sunny place, as well as Omega-3 acids, because there is evidence that both are beneficial. So you might want to ask your provider about that when you go.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Octavia!

So, I made my appointment for 02/07. When I mentioned a pre-conception blood work consult, the person scheduling the appointment seemed confused. She asked what sort of testing I needed/wanted and I was a bit stumped, thinking she would know better than me. I had met with my doctor about a year and a half ago asking about what needs to happen next and that was considered a pre-conception consult (although I was no where near ready to start, I just wanted to know the next steps...she talked about getting on pre-natals and that was about it). What exactly should I ask for during this visit? I want to make sure it isn't a waste of my time and just meeting about how we want to start trying in a few months.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Well, I thought I was going in for bloodwork yesterday but the midwife I met with, who wasn't the same one I had seen initially, said she didn't think any was necessary. She said they could test to see how certain certain nutrient levels, like Vitamin D, were (a big concern here because winters are so dark and cloudy that almost everyone is deficient). Also, they could test immunity to some diseases like Rubella, to see if you need a booster shot. But she basically told me that she was pretty sure it would reveal that I should take extra Vitamin D, which she was recommending anyway, and that as long as I'd had my Rubella vaccine as a kid she didn't think it was worth ordering a blood panel just to check that. But I might have to have some bloodwork done later because of another, rare vaccine allergy I have, so if that's the case they'd probably just run all the tests. She is checking with the specialists she knows to see what they recommend and will hopefully get back to me before next month's "window" to give the go-ahead to TTC or to say that they want to do the testing first. So my appointment wasn't as productive as I was expecting, as all we did was talk, but I liked this midwife better than the first one so I might try to make sure I get scheduled with her in the future. Even if your doctor doesn't do any testing, though, I think it's really good to talk over any concerns you have, and get any specific recommendations they might have for you as far as diet, supplements, lifestyle changes, etc.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know about bloodwork; I've scheduled a well woman/annual cause I am due for one anyway and I just figure we'll chat about TTC at the same time and I'll ask her to check for polyps and stuff while she's looking around. It's a new practice for me, as well, so I have questions about how they work, how soon can I get an appointment after BFP, what kind of schedule of testing is normal for them, that kind of thing. And I want to ask about Pertussis vaccines, cause my DH and I don't have those yet and will want to get them. Since traveled overseas this year I think we have just about every other vaccine known to man :lol: and I know both our MMR's are up to scratch.

I took my first pre-natal yesterday, and I don't know, girls...when I actually think it out I don't think it's the vitamin, but I have a terrible stomach ache today. Not nausea, but a real twisty, painful, stomach ache. Along with headache, fatigue, plus it's the middle of AF so I just don't know what is what; AF, extra new vitamins in the system, random bug. I think I'll hold off on the vitamins till AF passes and start again so the two aren't co-mingled and I can get a clearer sense of if I am tolerating them.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, ladies! I may decide to cancel if we're just going to chat (since I did that over a year ago and not much has changed). I think my next well woman is due in May, so I can always wait until then if nothing special needs to happen.

I just started taking pre-natals yesterday on the advice of a mommy friend. She said that I don't need to go with a prescription version and recommended some from our local organic store. They are the rainbow light version. I haven't had issues (day 2 lol), so maybe it's a mix between what you're taking, Avia and the girl time?! What brand are you taking?

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
StacylikesSparkles|1359663340|3368823 said:
Thanks, ladies! I may decide to cancel if we're just going to chat (since I did that over a year ago and not much has changed). I think my next well woman is due in May, so I can always wait until then if nothing special needs to happen.

I just started taking pre-natals yesterday on the advice of a mommy friend. She said that I don't need to go with a prescription version and recommended some from our local organic store. They are the rainbow light version. I haven't had issues (day 2 lol), so maybe it's a mix between what you're taking, Avia and the girl time?! What brand are you taking?

I picked up the Nature Made ones at Target, but I am more and more convinced that I will not be able to take them. After trying everything for upset stomach yesterday- ginger ale, eating, not eating, ibuprofen, gas-ex, pepto, walking, heat pad, - the only thing that had any affect whatsoever was Tums. I crunched those little tablets ALL NIGHT and it was immediate relief for several hours before I needed another one. I have never had any sort of heartburn or reflux, not once, so I had no idea that might be it, but the only change to my normal routine was the addition of the pre-natal. Maybe 800mg of folic acid is just too much for me? And its better but not gone today, so I think I'll be holding off till my appointment on the 18th to ask if that's something she has ever heard of and just how important it is to take them pre-BFP. I just hope it's not a sign of a very rough pregnancy to come! And I was so looking forward to the thick shiny hair and long nails...

I think you'd be fine to wait until May if you've already covered the basics, especially if you guys are going to wait to actually TTC until after that. I think the general consensus for our age group is that if you don't have a reason to suspect a problem then just go ahead and try and see what happens. So if you wanted to start before May, I don't think you'd need to wait for a pre-TTC appointment.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Avia, You poor thing! Hopefully whatever it is gets out of your system soon! I have taken them for the last two days and will keep taking them (they recommend 2-3 a day, so I'm doing 2) and haven't noticed anything weird thus far. I'll keep you posted though. I am also taking one with 800mg of folic acid and I remember from my last well woman that my gyn stressed how important folic acid is to get into my system before baby. She specifically said she wants me on pre-natals at least 3 months before ttc. I started now because I would LOVE to talk DH into ttc starting in April. I'm not worried if he wants to wait a bit (damn you old house and the endless list of things to do before baby!), I would just rather have a baby in the winter months and NOT in summer since we have no central air (I know you understand this, Avia!) and relay on ac only...ew!

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Stacy. I did some researching and Dr. Google says it is a common side effect. It's finally out of my system 3 days later. The only recommendation was to try another brand or switch to a liquid or gummy, as they tend to have less fillers that may irritate. So, since my appointment is in 2 weeks I am going to hold out and see what the midwife recommends as an alternative brand/type. If all else fails, you can change up your diet to try and get the nutrients that way, but I don't think it'll come to that.

Did you decide to cancel your appointment or go and see if there is anything new?

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
If you change up the brand, try Rainbow Light. They have been working nicely for me (even though I've been using them a little under a week lol). Yes, I'm going to cancel the appointment. I just think that they will be telling me the exact same thing (I'm actually going to give them a call today, just to check) and I don't need to pay for that. Plus, after talking with DH this weekend, we are undecided about when to start trying. I mentioned wanting a winter baby and not being big a pregnant lady during the summer months and while I would LOVE to start trying this year, I'm worried that we will be in the midst of house remodeling during pregnancy and I don't think I want to go through that stress. It's sort of up in the air now. If we decide to try though, it'll either be in March-May of this year, or we'll wait to start ttc in March of next year. While that seems crazy, considering we will either have a baby in early 2014 or have to wait until 2015 (Geez, that is so far!), we've decided that if we wait, we're going to do a cruise or some sort of fun vacation before then...it isn't all bad lol

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
So the appointment has been cancelled...and I have the blues. Not about the appointment (I don't think I would have learned anything new), but about waiting another year and 2 months to start ttc. I REALLY want us to start trying this year, but DH makes some very valid points on what we can be getting done before we start trying. That said, even if we start trying in April, the earliest we will have the baby is a year from now. I think that maybe he doesn't understand that time frame. I think he worries that if we say 'ok, let start ttc', that will mean that we will have the baby the very next week lol...maybe it's a guy thing? I'm worried that it will take awhile to conceive and that at least if we start trying now, we can be ahead of the game. DH thinks we'll get pregnant right away (Men, they don't understand the worry and pressure we feel!). I just don't know what to do. Having more house stuff done would be totally awesome before the baby comes, but I also realized that if we wait another year, I'll be 32 when we have our first baby and freaking 50 by the time they turn 18...and we want more than one! It's so hard to really decide and I don't want to put pressure on DH (I think he's starting to feel a little worried that not enough stuff will be done in time and we won't be 'ready') or myself. I was so gung-ho about everything just 2 weeks ago and now I'm starting to worry.

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
StacylikesSparkles|1360156920|3373478 said:
So the appointment has been cancelled...and I have the blues. Not about the appointment (I don't think I would have learned anything new), but about waiting another year and 2 months to start ttc. I REALLY want us to start trying this year, but DH makes some very valid points on what we can be getting done before we start trying. That said, even if we start trying in April, the earliest we will have the baby is a year from now. I think that maybe he doesn't understand that time frame. I think he worries that if we say 'ok, let start ttc', that will mean that we will have the baby the very next week lol...maybe it's a guy thing? I'm worried that it will take awhile to conceive and that at least if we start trying now, we can be ahead of the game. DH thinks we'll get pregnant right away (Men, they don't understand the worry and pressure we feel!). I just don't know what to do. Having more house stuff done would be totally awesome before the baby comes, but I also realized that if we wait another year, I'll be 32 when we have our first baby and freaking 50 by the time they turn 18...and we want more than one! It's so hard to really decide and I don't want to put pressure on DH (I think he's starting to feel a little worried that not enough stuff will be done in time and we won't be 'ready') or myself. I was so gung-ho about everything just 2 weeks ago and now I'm starting to worry.
Sorry you're feeling this way. I kind of do too. I don't want to keep waiting because of how freaked out I am about how long it is likely to take to get pregnant. I have other things going on and am happy and distracted, but I just kind of want to get the show on the road. Now we're in the midst of planning our last vacation before baby. I'd like to not be pregnant when we are on our trip. I'm thinking about planning the trip for fourth of July week that way right when we get back we can TTC. Maybe this will be good enough for me :)

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Stacey and Gem- sorry you are felling blue and anxious! It's such a tricky line to walk; my mom keeps asking why we don't start trying NOW, but I keep saying- um, we do BOTH have to be on board for this decision, it's not like I can throw a fit and get my way on this one!
Not that I would ever consider doing that for anything else, either... :Up_to_something:

I completely get the house worries, but I keep reminding myself that my parents built their house and they have been working on it for 20 years. It only keeps getting better. And we never suffered as children for having plywood floors in the living room while we waited for the antique hart pine to come in. In fact, I think we benefitted from working with our parents every weekend on one project or another; I can lay hardwood, tile, hang drywall, install basic plumbing, trimwork...I have even raised stud walls and worked on the roof. My house does not have to be finished today; it does not have to be finished tomorrow. I have a lifetime to work on this labor of love and my kids will actually benefit from being part of the process.

Of course, there are things that have to be done- bathrooms up and running, heat, electric. I'm in the same boat with April- that means a baby a year from now at the earliest. I'll be just ready to turn 31 then and we definitely want more than one!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results