shape
carat
color
clarity

Wanting but Waiting...

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
It's frustrating, right?! I mean, I know we could put ourselves to good use during that time of waiting, but I also think 'well,. not time is ever going to be perfect' and would rather get started now! Who knows how long it will take to actually conceive and that is IF we have a successful first pregnancy. I've had several friend miscarry their first, which has me freaked. DH is going to be 27 this weekend, so his sense of urgency isn't like mine because he has all this extra time in his mind, where as I'm feeling like the clock is just ticking away and I'm missing out on a good year(s) to start having babies! Then again I have this thing on my shoulder saying 'just think of all the house stuff you could do'. It's stupid.

Gem, hopefully the nice little vacation will kick start ttc and you'll be pregnant by September! :) Keep your fingers crossed that I can start trying in April and be pregnant by June! ;-)

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
Just looked at the calendar and only 5 more packs of BCP to go after the current pack. Woo hoo!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
So awesome, Gem! Are you going to start taking prenatals before you start ttc?

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
My doctor said really any vitamin that has a 100% daily amount of folic acid is all I should need, so I'll likely stick with a regular multivitamin. But yes I am trying to get in the habit of it now and plan to be diligent for three months before TTC!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I really hate taking pills regularly, so I am also getting in the habit of taking something daily. I've been doing ok with the prenatals that I started last week and even if we wait to ttc, I'm going to continue taking them just to keep in that habit. I can't believe you only have 5 months to go!! :appl:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies! I'm not sure I quite belong in this thread, since "wanting" is a bit of an overstatement right now. My son was born in August and the plan is to start TTC the next one in November-ish, so they will (theoretically) be two years apart. The idea of another baby right now makes me wan to suck my thumb and rock in the corner. But I think by November I'll be ready. We are going on a family cruise at that time, and you can't be more than 24 weeks pregnant on a cruise, so even if I got the itch earlier, the earliest we could start would be late July. But I doubt I'll be ready by then- I have to get my pre-baby body back and I'd like to enjoy it for a while :)

I am very lucky that getting pregnant hasn't been a challenge. A month before we officially started TTC last time, I talked DH into starting early...because we really wanted to conceive in November and "nobody gets pregnant their first month trying." I did and had a chemical pregnancy, then got pregnant for good the following month.

Last time, I charted for about 6 months before TTC, so I really knew my cycles well. I'm not sure if I'll do that again this time or if we will just go with the flow. I'd like to think we'll just roll with it, but I tend to be a planner so I'm not sure if it will be possible for me, ha.

I have acquired a lot of knowledge on TTC stuff, particularly with charting, so feel free to ask me any questions!

Oh, and I did have a minor scare last month. It was my first full cycle after stopping BFing and it was 34 days, which is long for me...I was relieved when I didn't see a second line, but a teeny tiny little bit of me was sad.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
hey there, AMC!! :wavey:

It sounds like you have a good plan and I'm sure you're right about being more ready by November..you have plenty of time! :)

Can I ask what a chemical pregnancy is?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
StacylikesSparkles said:
hey there, AMC!! :wavey:

It sounds like you have a good plan and I'm sure you're right about being more ready by November..you have plenty of time! :)

Can I ask what a chemical pregnancy is?

A chemical pregnancy is when you get an early positive then get AF around the time it was due. It's basically a very early m/c. I think mine happened at 16dpo or something.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and it is estimated that 25% of pregnancies end in a chemical pregnancy, but most women don't even know they were pregnant since AF show up mostly on time.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for clearing that up! Now, I'm still learning the lingo, so dpo means days past ovulation? Just trying to sort everything out! :) Thanks for the help!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
StacylikesSparkles said:
Thanks for clearing that up! Now, I'm still learning the lingo, so dpo means days past ovulation? Just trying to sort everything out! :) Thanks for the help!

That's right! :)

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, another one lol...what does AF stand for? I know it's referencing getting your 'girl time' (at least I think lol), I just want to know what is stands for exactly.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
StacylikesSparkles|1360248186|3374339 said:
Ok, another one lol...what does AF stand for? I know it's referencing getting your 'girl time' (at least I think lol), I just want to know what is stands for exactly.

Aunt Flo :)

Pretty soon you'll be reading (and typing) sentences like this with full comprehension-

My OPK and EWCM said it was time to DTD, so DH and I went for it. Now I'm 10DPO and waiting for AF. I might cave and take a FRER.

Annnnnd go!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
amc80|1360259453|3374498 said:

Pretty soon you'll be reading (and typing) sentences like this with full comprehension-

My OPK and EWCM said it was time to DTD, so DH and I went for it. Now I'm 10DPO and waiting for AF. I might cave and take a FRER.

Annnnnd go!

Bwhahahaha I almost had a heart attack because I didn't realize you were giving a bunch of acronyms...I thought you really meant you went for it! :-o :lol:

*ahem* back to lurking, I need more to do in my day!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
tammy77|1360269713|3374641 said:

Annnnnd go!

Bwhahahaha I almost had a heart attack because I didn't realize you were giving a bunch of acronyms...I thought you really meant you went for it! :-o :lol:

*ahem* back to lurking, I need more to do in my day!

Ha OMG no!! Not yet, eek!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Amc, you made me lol about the "sucking your thumb and rocking in a corner" comment. HA!!! I feel the exact same way you do!!! I love my son more than anything and I surely want more kiddos, but this motherhood stuff is just exhausting. Methinks I will need some time before I post in this thread. Lol!! :cheeky:

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock

Annnnnd go!

Here I thought I was getting the hang of things and there you go showing off :lol: I'm confused on the bolded, but hey, I at least know ONE of the sentences lol :) Hey, I'm trying here!

And Aunt Flo! Bhahaha..too funny! I just call it 'girl time'. I'll be using af!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
StacylikesSparkles|1360329217|3375140 said:

Annnnnd go!

Here I thought I was getting the hang of things and there you go showing off :lol: I'm confused on the bolded, but hey, I at least know ONE of the sentences lol :) Hey, I'm trying here!

And Aunt Flo! Bhahaha..too funny! I just call it 'girl time'. I'll be using af!

My ovulation prediction kit and egg white cervical mucous said it was time to do the deed (get it on), so darling husband and I went for it. Now I'm 10 days post ovulation and waiting for aunt flo. I might cage and take a First Response Early Result (probably the best/most sensitive/reliable test out there).

This will all be second nature to you, soon enough :)

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
That makes total sense now and I'm excited to learn about everything! I haven't purchased any ovulation kits or pregnancy tests just yet. I'm still trying to figure out if we'll start trying this year or be waiting until next year to ttc. Regardless, I'm still going to look for things like a crib and such to get started on preparing and planning out our baby space.

The lingo has me excited lol :twirl:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
StacylikesSparkles|1360348543|3375374 said:
That makes total sense now and I'm excited to learn about everything! I haven't purchased any ovulation kits or pregnancy tests just yet. I'm still trying to figure out if we'll start trying this year or be waiting until next year to ttc. Regardless, I'm still going to look for things like a crib and such to get started on preparing and planning out our baby space.

I really recommend the book "Taking Control of Your Fertility" (you will see people refer to it as TCOYF). It's an amazing book with tons of good info.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
amc80|1360349976|3375409 said:

I really recommend the book "Taking Control of Your Fertility" (you will see people refer to it as TCOYF). It's an amazing book with tons of good info.

The first time I looked at this thread I was told about it, so I actually purchased the book back in early Dec and have started charting because of it. I'm on my third cycle of charting and I am really feeling full of power knowing my body more. It's very cool to be able to narrow down O day. Its helping me feel more confident for when we do start ttc.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
StacylikesSparkles|1360350759|3375430 said:
amc80|1360349976|3375409 said:

The first time I looked at this thread I was told about it, so I actually purchased the book back in early Dec and have started charting because of it. I'm on my third cycle of charting and I am really feeling full of power knowing my body more. It's very cool to be able to narrow down O day. Its helping me feel more confident for when we do start ttc.

I remember feeling a sort of lightbulb go off...like "oh, that's what happens and why" sort of thing. All this stuff had been going on in my own body and I really had no idea. All 13 year old girls should be given this book (well, certain sections at least).

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I TOTALLY agree! I felt so relived to find out those 'weird' things all had a reason. The day the book came, I sat on the couch reading and kept saying things like 'ohhhhhh, so that's what that was!' and DH kept saying 'what, what?!' lol As I was reading, all I could do was wonder why in the world we hadn't been taught this in school?!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
StacylikesSparkles|1360352947|3375473 said:
I TOTALLY agree! I felt so relived to find out those 'weird' things all had a reason. The day the book came, I sat on the couch reading and kept saying things like 'ohhhhhh, so that's what that was!' and DH kept saying 'what, what?!' lol As I was reading, all I could do was wonder why in the world we hadn't been taught this in school?!

Oh I can answer this! As a mom of a now 10 year old, I am ABSOLUTELY okay with her thinking having sex ANYTIME = having babies!!! :errrr:

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
tammy77|1360360136|3375582 said:
StacylikesSparkles|1360352947|3375473 said:

Oh I can answer this! As a mom of a now 10 year old, I am ABSOLUTELY okay with her thinking having sex ANYTIME = having babies!!! :errrr:

TRUTH!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Lol Tammy...that now makes perfect sense!!

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
aviastar|1357765960|3351526 said:
osu922, December
icekid, January
aviastar, April
NewEnglandLady, May
honey22, July
gem_anemone, July
nysurg, August
StacylikesSparkles, September
Blacksand, October

Just reviewing and updating- am I missing anyone? icekid- officially started? Congrats! osu22- I'm following along in the TTC thread, sticky dust to you and all the other ladies over there!

Updates anyone? nysurg- how are you doing overseas? Staying safe and busy?
Hi amc80! Is it ok to add you to the list?

icekid, January
aviastar, April
NewEnglandLady, May
honey22, July
gem_anemone, July
nysurg, August
Blacksand, October
amc80, November

I brought up TTC after our July vacation again to DH. He was on board! I'm feeling better about everything now that we have a definite timeline.

I did a good job taking vitamins during the week at work, but didn't take them over the weekend. It completely slipped my mind! D'oh! How is everyone else?

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
This weekend was jam-packed, so I too forgot the vitamins, Gem! We went to dinner Friday and Saturday evening with my family and DH's family to celebrate his bday and on Sunday I made baked French toast so right now I'm feeling like I gained 5 lbs! I skipped yoga all last week due to AF (apparently you're not supposed to be all twisty during that time), so I'm feeling not so fabulous right now. On to yoga after work and I'm taking my vitamin now! :)

amc80

Ideal_Rock
gem_anemone|1360604119|3377578 said:
aviastar|1357765960|3351526 said:
osu922, December
icekid, January
aviastar, April
NewEnglandLady, May
honey22, July
gem_anemone, July
nysurg, August
Blacksand, October

Just reviewing and updating- am I missing anyone? icekid- officially started? Congrats! osu22- I'm following along in the TTC thread, sticky dust to you and all the other ladies over there!

Updates anyone? nysurg- how are you doing overseas? Staying safe and busy?
Hi amc80! Is it ok to add you to the list?

icekid, January
aviastar, April
NewEnglandLady, May
honey22, July
gem_anemone, July
nysurg, August
Blacksand, October
amc80, November

I brought up TTC after our July vacation again to DH. He was on board! I'm feeling better about everything now that we have a definite timeline.

I did a good job taking vitamins during the week at work, but didn't take them over the weekend. It completely slipped my mind! D'oh! How is everyone else?

Yep, that is fine. So crazy to see my name on that list.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I was reading one of the other threads and have a few more things I need deciphered :)

Wondfos
betas

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results