shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant stats please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bigedsbaby

Rough_Rock
I would just like some basic guidelines on radiant grading (table and depth specifically) and some feedback with respect to the stone at which I am looking. The stone (.43 carat) in question has 70.5% depth, 66% table, thick girdle, excellent polish, good symmetry, D color, VS1 clarity and no flourescence. Thank for any input.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Hey! Welcome to Price Scope! There's a lot to learn, and here are a few places to start:

First it may be best to read up on stones and some problems that can happen in shaped stones like radiants are Bow-ties, and fisheyes, as well as looking for fire and brilliance in a stone, girdle thickness, symmetry and polish, as well as florecence (with or without?), so go through the Tutorial HERE

The AGA charts which will become quite useful: AGA Charts for Radiants

Then you can do a search on radiants and these are some useful posts to help you out:

Comments on Sarin and photo of Radiant Thread

Radiant Help Please Thread

COnfused about Cut Qualities on a Radiant Thread

Specifically this could be a lovely diamond, but know that you are paying TOP dollar to own a D colored diamond, and I would say that a VS1 is a good compromise, a VS2 would be ideal bargain. It is rated as a 2B for the table percentage, and a 3A for it's deeper than necessary depth. I wouldn't rule it out, but you need to see it to love it. I personally would prefer a bit less depth on that stone for OPTIMAL sparkle, but it is very close, so this could be a LOVELY stone... again, you have to see it to love it!

This type of stone could have a star shapped pattern on the pavillion or a star burst, which causes two totally different looks. Look at the show me the ring folder, where CMCWILL and me each have posted our radiants. They are both VERY different looking, but each one appeals to their owner. It's your call what pavillion pattern you want, or may have with this stone. Either way, good luck and I hope the price is right!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results