shape
carat
color
clarity

The kittens are here!

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
can i live vicariously through you until i can have my own kitteh?
30.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2009 10:18:16 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Hahaha. I was pretty out of it (that was the night of the Great Litter Cleaning and Bath), and I was running on about 2 hours of sleep. I passed out, but I remember coming to every once in a while and thinking I felt really warm. Well duh - kitten body heat! lol. BF was SO nice and took pics....
3.gif
That''s fantastic! Could have been worse - they could have decided your face was the place to be, LOL!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 2:00:35 AM
Author: Squirrly
30.gif

can I too? we won''t be getting kitties for another year and a half at least
15.gif

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for posting the pictures...love them !! They are so cute and exotic looking.

I loved the one where they are sleeping on you.. My big girl kitty does that too..

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2009 10:31:54 PM
Author: yssie
Date: 10/29/2009 10:19:18 PM

Date: 10/29/2009 10:02:19 PM

Author: kas baby

aww! so sweet! I miss having kitties! one of my (now sister''s) kitties used to sleep on my feet at night, and the other one would cuddle right up next to me.
39.gif
I miss having furbabies
39.gif

but I do love seeing all of your adorable pics of your boys! keep them coming! I swear, this thread will never get old- its so neat to see them grow up, aww
30.gif

Awww I love sleeping kitties! I''m so glad you and the others like the pics - I know I go overboard with them! You should get a kitten!

No such thing, I love it when I see this thread updated :)

They''re getting so big! I remember when you posted pics from the breeder, it''s amazing what a difference just a couple of months makes!

It''s crazy how much bigger they are! Kipling is about the size of our Chihuahua back home, and I''m not used to having anything bigger - so it seems like he''s full grown to me
3.gif
Hard to believe he''ll be probably 3x his current size!
3.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 1:23:45 AM
Author: Gypsy
Aww, look at them grow!!! I''ve been hoping for updates. You can just tell they are double trouble, indeed. But SO cute. Thanks for the updated pics BEG.

Hey Gypsy! Thanks so much - it''s hard to imagine not having them now. Our apt would feel really empty without our little buggers
3.gif
Btw, thanks for the suggestion on the Crate and Barrel bowls (the set of 4 with the tray). They''re perfect for their wet and dry foods!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
30.gif

You can indeed! Though I hope you''ll get your kittens soon so I can drool over your pics!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 9:29:09 AM
Author: geckodani
Date: 10/29/2009 10:18:16 PM

Hahaha. I was pretty out of it (that was the night of the Great Litter Cleaning and Bath), and I was running on about 2 hours of sleep. I passed out, but I remember coming to every once in a while and thinking I felt really warm. Well duh - kitten body heat! lol. BF was SO nice and took pics....
3.gif

That''s fantastic! Could have been worse - they could have decided your face was the place to be, LOL!

No kidding! Sometimes they''ll both try to squeeze onto my lap when I''m sitting - it usually ends with one of them shoving the other one off
3.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 1:50:54 PM

30.gif

15.gif

7.gif
I hate waiting. This summer waiting for the kittens to be old enough to come home was bad enough. I hope the next year and half fly by for you! And in the meantime, check back every few weeks - I''ll have more pics
1.gif
Any chance you''ll consider a Bengal? hehe

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 2:23:08 PM
Author: crystalheart1
Thanks for posting the pictures...love them !! They are so cute and exotic looking.

I loved the one where they are sleeping on you.. My big girl kitty does that too..

Thanks Crystal! Aww isn''t it so sweet when they do? The first couple days they''d sleep near us on the couch, but now they just flop wherever they want - even if it''s on us! Our little one tends to sleep curled up but every so often he''ll stretch out. Kipling, on the other hand, likes to take us as much room as he possibly can!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/31/2009 10:56:34 PM

30.gif

15.gif

7.gif
I hate waiting. This summer waiting for the kittens to be old enough to come home was bad enough. I hope the next year and half fly by for you! And in the meantime, check back every few weeks - I''ll have more pics
1.gif

yeah, the waiting stinks
14.gif
every time one of the breeders we''re looking at posts a new litter, it gets harder to not put down a deposit- and we''ve been researching for years! I hope the time goes by fast too (physics is just making everything drag out in agonizing pain though
38.gif
)

lol. although your boys are quite the handsome duo, it gonna be floofy, plushy, quirky ragdolls for us all the way! I''m sooooo excited!
41.gif

Can''t wait to see more pics!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2009 11:13:27 PM
Date: 10/31/2009 10:56:34 PM

30.gif

15.gif

7.gif
1.gif

yeah, the waiting stinks
14.gif
every time one of the breeders we''re looking at posts a new litter, it gets harder to not put down a deposit- and we''ve been researching for years! I hope the time goes by fast too (physics is just making everything drag out in agonizing pain though
38.gif
)

lol. although your boys are quite the handsome duo, it gonna be floofy, plushy, quirky ragdolls for us all the way! I''m sooooo excited!
41.gif

Can''t wait to see more pics!

I know what you mean. This summer was excruciating (though maybe not as bad as the last few days before the boys came home - and their flight got postponed, etc.). I''ve been wanting a pet for years - I totally sympathize!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Double post

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
What dolls!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adorable! Kittens are such a hoot. Congrats!

Every time the hubs and I see cats we want one, but we just aren''t ready. It''s a huge commitment - and right now we just don''t have space available. We''ll probably get an adult when we do take the plunge. Retired show cats are good, in my experience. Of course then the fight will be on between a sealpoint Birman(me) or a Russian Blue(him). ;-)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2009 8:29:49 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
What dolls!

Thanks Diamante!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2009 9:33:39 PM
Author: ksinger
Adorable! Kittens are such a hoot. Congrats!

Every time the hubs and I see cats we want one, but we just aren''t ready. It''s a huge commitment - and right now we just don''t have space available. We''ll probably get an adult when we do take the plunge. Retired show cats are good, in my experience. Of course then the fight will be on between a sealpoint Birman(me) or a Russian Blue(him). ;-)

Aw thanks! They are - they''re wrestling on top of my feet right now (dangerous for my toes unfortunately!).

It is a huge commitment. Though BF and I both contributed towards getting them, the day-to-day care (food, litter, vet appts., baths when needed, etc.) fall to me (which I knew going in - I was the one who really pushed for kittens), and when we leave Chicago, they''re coming with me (even if it means overseas!). Since I''m taking them home for Thanksgiving and Christmas, I''m getting their stuff ready - new carrier, figuring out a way to get them through security without me losing my grip on one of them and them running amok in the airport
32.gif
, making sure their shots are up to date, everything). Thankfully, I''ve been arranging in-cabin transport and vet appts. for my mom''s Chihuahua for years, so it''s not a total shocker, but still way more to think about!

I''m still trying to figure out how to manage getting them through security, and where my laptop''s going to go in the plane!
3.gif
Tomorrow I''m going back to the pet store to plunk more money down for stuff the little monsters need, lol. But I definitely don''t regret getting them at all - they''re such sweeties and I love taking care of them.

Ooh Russian Blues...I considered that breed early on (supposedly hypoallergenic!) before moving to Siberians (BF liked them better), before we finally moved to Bengals. You should get one of each! (We''re raising our two in a 700 sq ft apt!)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2009 10:54:09 PM

Aww, look at them grow!!! I've been hoping for updates. You can just tell they are double trouble, indeed. But SO cute. Thanks for the updated pics BEG.

Hey Gypsy! Thanks so much - it's hard to imagine not having them now. Our apt would feel really empty without our little buggers
3.gif
Btw, thanks for the suggestion on the Crate and Barrel bowls (the set of 4 with the tray). They're perfect for their wet and dry foods!
I'm so glad you like the bowls. And I know exactly what you mean about empty houses. I think back to before we had ours and I am amazed I ever thought life was complete.

Airport security and cats. A good shelter should be able to show you how to turn a long length of cord (like a shoe string only thicker) into a makeshift harness (with no metal). Tie them to the cats before putting them in the carrier and it will give you something to hold on to at the secuirty check point. Then take it off for the flight.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2009 11:05:33 PM
Date: 10/31/2009 10:54:09 PM

Aww, look at them grow!!! I''ve been hoping for updates. You can just tell they are double trouble, indeed. But SO cute. Thanks for the updated pics BEG.

Hey Gypsy! Thanks so much - it''s hard to imagine not having them now. Our apt would feel really empty without our little buggers
3.gif
Btw, thanks for the suggestion on the Crate and Barrel bowls (the set of 4 with the tray). They''re perfect for their wet and dry foods!
I''m so glad you like the bowls. And I know exactly what you mean about empty houses. I think back to before we had ours and I am amazed I ever thought life was complete.

Airport security and cats. A good shelter should be able to show you how to turn a long length of cord (like a shoe string only thicker) into a makeshift harness (with no metal). Tie them to the cats before putting them in the carrier and it will give you something to hold on to at the secuirty check point. Then take it off for the flight.

Ooh thanks for the tip! Considering that Dante is a "darter" (when the door is open for more than 5 sec. out he goes) and I definitely don''t want that to happen at the airport, this is super-helpful. Not to mention Dante is also a frequent rear claw user - the stinker
38.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Well the kittens made it through security at Midway with no problems! Though Kipling CRIED on and off through most of the two flights. He started yowling at one point - oy. This is after the Feliway.

But here are some more pics - they are now over 4 months old!

Can you just imagine them saying, "We ain''t doin'' nuttin"
2.gif

PB080008.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
"Food please"

PB080034.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

PB080036.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

PB080044.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
BF thinks it''s hilarious that the kittens love the beer box so much.

PB100057.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

PB100067.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
This is from today when I was out with the puppy trying to get the puppy to pee. The kittens were curious about what was going on.

PB290049.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

PB290056.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

PB290063.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

PB290064.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock