shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m having my diamond reset into a custom halo mount, by one of Canada''s BEST!! I''m so excited!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
The jeweler contacted me today, and told me that Myerson''s (one of Canada''s best, and longest running jewelry manufacturer, who creates custom masterpieces), will do a sketch and wax from the pics I provided them. I LOVE the Jack Kelege ring, with the cushion halo, and round diamond. I''m not sure who this ring belongs to, but I added the pic for reference (hope she doesn''t mind). They said they would do it in 18 k white gold, with diamonds the same quality (color/clarity) as my diamond..for $1400 ! I think that is VERY reasonable!! How could I say no ? (still haven''t consulted hubby, but I''m sure he''ll say "get whatever makes you happy"). Only one side of the shank will have diamonds, just the top, not three sided, as this one is. I would like to have some pics of how high I want the profile to be, and what I want the gallery to look like..so I''d love for anyone who has a halo ring, to PLEASE post pics of it''s profile, and even underside (I want it open under the diamond for easy cleaning). Thanks ladies..this is super exciting, although I will be apprehensive about sending my diamond away..for a few weeks!

EXACTLY what I want!.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats beau, I hope you have found your dream setting!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like it will be beautiful, and a great deal! Can''t wait to see the finished product
9.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!!! It looks like a GREAT setting !!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!! I''m sure it will be gorgeous! The inspriation ring sure is beautiful!

2CarrotPrincess

Rough_Rock
Sounds gorgeous Beau! Can''t wait to see hand pics!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Glad you found your setting! Congrats!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
That setting is gorgeous Beau! I have a halo so I will show you side and underneath shots. I can''t post more than one photo in a post so bear with me...

maisiehalo224765.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

maisiehalo170989.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

maisiehaloringwhiteflash2390.jpg

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
It will be gorgeous....can''t wait to see lots and lots of pics.
36.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 4:29:53 PM
Author: luvmyhalo
How exciting Beau! Here's some threads with side views of some halo settings...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-profile-shots-of-your-rings.73097/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-interesting-side-views.73748/
Thanks Luvmyhalo, (and all you other helpful ladies), those threads you posted were very helpful! I really like the profile of this ring. I want plain gold for the gallery under the halo, but something with a design. If anyone has similar profiles, with close up shots..they'd be greatly appreciated. I want to make sure I get a ring that looks exactly how I want it, from every angle!! One more question I have, is how are the small diamonds set in the halo (in the first pic), are they set with prongs? How are small diamonds used in halos ususally set?

for jeweler (love this profile).jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 3:48:19 PM
Author: Maisie
That setting is gorgeous Beau! I have a halo so I will show you side and underneath shots. I can''t post more than one photo in a post so bear with me...
Maisie, your ring is beautiful...I love all the detail, but I don''t want to make it too complicated, I''m trying to keep my "wants" simple! lol

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 4:53:28 PM
Author: beau13

Date: 1/15/2009 3:48:19 PM
Author: Maisie
Maisie, your ring is beautiful...I love all the detail, but I don''t want to make it too complicated, I''m trying to keep my ''wants'' simple! lol
Thanks Beau! I know what you mean about keeping it simple. I started out that way but then got a bit carried away!

In my halo the small diamonds are held in with tiny beads. The stones on the shank are held in the same way.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 2:31:31 PM
Author: mrssalvo
+1, hope this is "the one!!"

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 5:52:51 PM
Author: musey

+1, hope this is ''the one!!''
That''s why I want to make sure it has everything I want in a ring. It will be the one and only time I reset my ring. I have never changed the setting yet, only the head (but that was all because the jeweler''s bench messed up a couple times). I''m confident that it will be awesome..since all their creations are stunning! (only jewelers and clients with a password can get onto their site).

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 2:12:39 PM
Author:beau13
The jeweler contacted me today, and told me that Myerson''s (one of Canada''s best, and longest running jewelry manufacturer, who creates custom masterpieces), will do a sketch and wax from the pics I provided them. I LOVE the Jack Kelege ring, with the cushion halo, and round diamond. I''m not sure who this ring belongs to, but I added the pic for reference (hope she doesn''t mind). They said they would do it in 18 k white gold, with diamonds the same quality (color/clarity) as my diamond..for $1400 ! I think that is VERY reasonable!! How could I say no ? (still haven''t consulted hubby, but I''m sure he''ll say ''get whatever makes you happy''). Only one side of the shank will have diamonds, just the top, not three sided, as this one is. I would like to have some pics of how high I want the profile to be, and what I want the gallery to look like..so I''d love for anyone who has a halo ring, to PLEASE post pics of it''s profile, and even underside (I want it open under the diamond for easy cleaning). Thanks ladies..this is super exciting, although I will be apprehensive about sending my diamond away..for a few weeks!

How exciting beau! can''t wait to see your hand shots!
Here is the link to my halo. There is an underside pic on page 3.
Keep us posted
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-final-reset-forever-and-ever.103124/
1.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 5:52:51 PM
Author: musey

+1, hope this is 'the one!!'
+2
1.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Oh YEY BEAU!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is so exciting! I know you''ve wanted to go this route for a while...and I think you''re getting a GREAT deal (espesh in CAD, as our dollar is sucking right now vs the USD). Great news. Cannot wait to see what you come up with.
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sure that it will be beautiful...can''t wait to see your handshots!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a beautiful setting and $1400 is very reasonable! You must be thrilled! I can''t wait to see the end product!

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
so exciting! can''t wait to see the final project!!!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry it''s not a great profile shot...I''m not the greatest with pics. I wanted it set really low so I wouldn''t bang it up. Don''t have a design underneath but I chose to have diamonds on the top and sides of the halo so there was a little something going on from the profile....still pretty simple.

Profile4.jpg

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see the finished product!!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on finding a setting you love at a great price! Can''t wait to see the finished product!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
pretty setting- and what a price?!?! Can''t wait to see the finished product
21.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I can''t decide on how I want the side view (gallery) to look like. It''s down to this sort of criss cross, swoopy side view...

profile halo option one.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Beau!! I really like that criss cross! I have a ring sort of like that. I''ll try to find pics to give you some more options.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results