shape
carat
color
clarity

Updates, anyone?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
So, I got more clues - at this point I'm just trying to remember all of them! Apparently it's in/consists of 5 pieces that aren't all together yet (but will be by the time he gets here) and home decor is a clue. (That one is hard to explain - he was talking about wanting to have stuff to decorate "our" apartment, stuff that represented both of us.) And apparently it'll last a while, so it's not from IKEA.

So. Confused.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
AS - even if it's not the 18th, from your anniversary to October is a pretty short window (in comparison to life) so that's good!!! ;))

lin_ny...what a cute little bored baby...I however am trying my bestest to view it all as an exciting time! (I'm sure I won't feel like this in a few months the closer we get to graduation lol)

omg princesss your clues are killing me!!!! I'm sure it'll all make PERFECT sense once it all comes together that you are like "duh, how did I not guess that?" but unfortunately I have no ideas for you right now.

soooooo you know that ring that I left in SO's room? For him to resize for me? And a cute lil love note to go with it (and instructions on where/how to resize it ::) ) WELL IT'S NOT THERE ANYMORE omg commence my freaking out!!!!! I snuck a peek while he was in the shower and omg had the biggest goofiest grin on my face. I hope it means that he is actually doing something with it...not just hiding it so I don't know where it is. :praise: :bigsmile:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Panda- 8 months and counting… but if he waits till the weekend before his sister’s wedding, that would be pretty crazy. Who knows… he’s a boy after all. You are right though, 8 months is not really a long time in the grand scheme of things. I think I can wait that long. :bigsmile:

ANYWAY! I am so happy that SO did something with your ring! I was going to ask you if you had any updates on that front. Hopefully he didn’t hide it… hopefully it’s being sized as we type! Keep us posted. I am very excited for you! :appl:

Princess- I feel like I am going crazy over here. Can’t wait to find out what he got you!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Excited for you ladies that things are looking up!

I get another clue tomorrow. I'll keep y'all posted. :)

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Updates!

--Officially living with SO for almost 2 weeks now.
--Met his Dad-- least consequential person for me to meet
--He Met my Dad-- most consequential person for him to meet
--Tomorrow is the Antique show where we will find my ring or at least diamond
-- He's most likely going to meet my Mom in the next few days

Ah! Lots of big things happening and it's super uber !!! exciting! :appl:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Well I casually mentioned that something was missing from his room and him always being the clever jokester kept saying he had absolutely no idea what I was talking about and said he didn't even see the box before (which he had because the note had been moved lol) and was acting like it never existed. So then of course I start having a mini panic attack like what if one of his roommates came in his room and took it (which they would have no reason to do so to begin with) and finally he fessed up and said it was in the safe at his parents house. Not sure of the sizing situation but that's good enough for me for now!! I will try not to ask him anything else beyond this because it's all his doing from now on. We've talked about it enough and it's just up to him to decide when the time is right!

Yay wakingdreams!!! Lots of exciting times ahead for sure. Don't forget to tell us how the show goes!!

PhillyMcGee

Rough_Rock
Ahhhh my best friend got engaged tonight! And another close friend two weeks ago. I am very happy for them both, especially my Bestie because I know she had been waiting for this! But I feel sad and just a little bit jealous, I am now the only one bar two of my friends (one doesn't even live with her partner yet so I don't think would be happening yet, but who the hell knows...the other's partner is a bit clueless, apparently so is mine though lol) that is not engaged or married, and I have been with my partner much much longer than any of them, much longer than anyone I know. Happy because I hope I will be asked to be a bridesmaid for my friend Kym who was engaged tonight, she will be one of my bridesmaids if my time EVER comes and of course happy for her. But sad for me. Now it will be like 'finally!' when it does happen because it really should have happened a few years ago. Sigh.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Philly, big hugs!

Okay, new clue! 2 shop owners, a blacksmith, and an instrument that pre-dates both of us have helped shape my present.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
PhillyMcGee|1359640981|3368433 said:
Ahhhh my best friend got engaged tonight! And another close friend two weeks ago. I am very happy for them both, especially my Bestie because I know she had been waiting for this! But I feel sad and just a little bit jealous, I am now the only one bar two of my friends (one doesn't even live with her partner yet so I don't think would be happening yet, but who the hell knows...the other's partner is a bit clueless, apparently so is mine though lol) that is not engaged or married, and I have been with my partner much much longer than any of them, much longer than anyone I know. Happy because I hope I will be asked to be a bridesmaid for my friend Kym who was engaged tonight, she will be one of my bridesmaids if my time EVER comes and of course happy for her. But sad for me. Now it will be like 'finally!' when it does happen because it really should have happened a few years ago. Sigh.

Big hugs to you, Philly! Hang in there.

I totally feel your pain. I get to be a bridesmaid this fall for a gal who will have known her SO for 2 years at the time of her wedding... GRRRRR. :saint:

PhillyMcGee

Rough_Rock
I just realized we are going out for drinks on Saturday with my girlfriends and their partners...so we will have two married, one who got engaged about 6 months ago, one two weeks ago, and one last night. And me. Yay. I can already hear the comments from people who don't realize how hurtful it is...'you are the last ones now', 'when are you getting engaged', 'isnt it funny, you guys have been together the longest but are the last to get engaged!' OH IT'S ABSOLUTELY BLOODY HILARIOUS!

I pledge to NEVER EVER say to anyone 'when are you getting married/engaged/having kids' or anything like that. Honestly how could a question like that ever be well received?

Is it ok to say 'Thats extremely rude and none of your business!' ? :cheeky:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
PhillyMcGee|1359692792|3369311 said:
I just realized we are going out for drinks on Saturday with my girlfriends and their partners...so we will have two married, one who got engaged about 6 months ago, one two weeks ago, and one last night. And me. Yay. I can already hear the comments from people who don't realize how hurtful it is...'you are the last ones now', 'when are you getting engaged', 'isnt it funny, you guys have been together the longest but are the last to get engaged!' OH IT'S ABSOLUTELY BLOODY HILARIOUS!

I pledge to NEVER EVER say to anyone 'when are you getting married/engaged/having kids' or anything like that. Honestly how could a question like that ever be well received?

I prefer the ol' standby "shut the f* ck up!"

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
MBKRH|1359694196|3369329 said:

I prefer the ol' standby "shut the f* ck up!"

Ditto to that! And show them a finger, a different one! :lol:
This advice was given to me on another thread!

PhillyMcGee

Rough_Rock
While I would LOVE to, I think it might be a little awkward following that!

Like last weekend I was at a party talking to someone I was meeting for the first time. She asked how long my BF and I had been together for, I told her, and as everyone does she shouts 'where's the ring?!' I said nothing and my BF just kind of laughed awkwardly and she then said 'Oh is that a sensitive topic? Should I have not brought that up?' and then of course an awkward silence. In what world would that NOT be a sensitive topic? Either you are not ready for marriage, don't want to get married or are waiting. None of these are something you are going to want to share when probed by a stranger (or anyone!) when people ask that question, what do they expect as a response? It's rude and embarrassing for everyone!!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
MBKRH|1359694196|3369329 said:

I prefer the ol' standby "shut the f* ck up

I agree! I really hope none of your friends would ever say that... and if they do I totally think they deserve the above. That is ridiculous. :angryfire:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
BeeCushion,
It is BREATHTAKING! I am sitting here at work drooling on my keyboard. It is gorg and I can't wait to see it set.m What a great stone! :love:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
PhillyMcGee|1359703926|3369381 said:

Like last weekend I was at a party talking to someone I was meeting for the first time. She asked how long my BF and I had been together for, I told her, and as everyone does she shouts 'where's the ring?!' I said nothing and my BF just kind of laughed awkwardly and she then said 'Oh is that a sensitive topic? Should I have not brought that up?' and then of course an awkward silence. In what world would that NOT be a sensitive topic? Either you are not ready for marriage, don't want to get married or are waiting. None of these are something you are going to want to share when probed by a stranger (or anyone!) when people ask that question, what do they expect as a response? It's rude and embarrassing for everyone!!

I missed this. I totally agree Philly! SO and I work together and sometimes our co-workers will say things like this to us and I want to scream. A) Mind your own business. B) If he was going to propose soon, do you think he would tell everyone that? NO. C) How rude and inappropriate! :nono:

LOL. Can you tell this is a sensitive topic for me too? I probably would have told this girl off. :angryfire:

princesss

Ideal_Rock
antiquesparkler|1359733595|3369571 said:

I missed this. I totally agree Philly! SO and I work together and sometimes our co-workers will say things like this to us and I want to scream. A) Mind your own business. B) If he was going to propose soon, do you think he would tell everyone that? NO. C) How rude and inappropriate! :nono:

LOL. Can you tell this is a sensitive topic for me too? I probably would have told this girl off. :angryfire:

I always go for making people feel reaaaaaaaaaaaaally awkward when they ask personal questions. "Where's the ring?" "He's wearing it." "What?" "Oh, you weren't talking about the c*ck ring we got him last week? My bad."

"Where's the ring?" "OH MY GOD IT'S MISSING CALL THE...oh wait, no, we just aren't engaged yet. But thanks for pointing it out!"

luckyerialc

Rough_Rock
princesss|1359738282|3369660 said:

I always go for making people feel reaaaaaaaaaaaaally awkward when they ask personal questions. "Where's the ring?" "He's wearing it." "What?" "Oh, you weren't talking about the c*ck ring we got him last week? My bad."

"Where's the ring?" "OH MY GOD IT'S MISSING CALL THE...oh wait, no, we just aren't engaged yet. But thanks for pointing it out!"

LOL!! This just gave me a good laugh - thank you for making my work day more bearable! :lol: :lol: :lol:

luckyerialc

Rough_Rock
PhillyMcGee|1359640981|3368433 said:

I know exactly how you're feeling. MY SO and I will be in our good friends' wedding in the fall. They have been together far shorter than we have. It's just a bit frustrating at times. But our times will come (eventually...)!

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock

I know the feeling! SO and I work together as well... Our co-workers will even say things like "where's your wife?" or "where's your husband?" Ya, that's not awkward AT ALL! :oops:

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for the compliments, we are so excited!

antiquesparkler and luckyerialc: I think we are going with a solitaire for now because I haven't been able to make up my mind on anything else. We don't want to spend a lot of $$$ and then have me want to change it down the line. We are lucky because our jeweler made my ER setting years ago (2008 I think) and was willing to take it back and give us a credit towards making the new one. SO was not sure he wanted to do this since he associates my old ring with my ex...but doing it this way means we only spend about $200-$300 out of pocket vs a couple thousand. I finally convinced him and it helps that my new stone is TDF and a MAJOR upgrade from last time :bigsmile:

This asscher ring is one of my all time faves right now (the one ericad posted):

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/sh...d-cuts-asschers-a-collection-t113993-300.html

SO is taking over the setting process now and we did use this vatche solitaire as some inspiration:

http://www.dvatche.com/index.php?page=collection&search=1505&alt=1

SO likes the surprise diamonds on this one, but I am obsessed with double claw prongs, a la ericad's asscher photo. I think SO knows what I like and will work with the jeweler to put together something that incorporates what we both want. I have no idea when the proposal will actually come though! I'm so excited we got the stone but now the waiting is going to be hard! Both of our brothers are getting married this year (June and September...both are younger than us too...that stung a little but at least we're making progress) and I think there's a little concern about not wanting to steal anyone's thunder, which I TOTALLY get! However, I'm hoping maybe we do get engaged before the weddings because it would avoid all the family questions about when we're going to do it and jokes about us being the big brother and big sister and shouldn't we be going first, and all that malarky!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
BeeCushion|1359745187|3369775 said:

I know the feeling! SO and I work together as well... Our co-workers will even say things like "where's your wife?" or "where's your husband?" Ya, that's not awkward AT ALL! :oops:

OMG! That too! Ahhhhhh!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock

I heart you, Princess. I almost just spit water all over my keyboard and my co-workers are looking at me like I am insane.

HILARIOUS! I think I take this approach from now on... Love it!

Thanks for the laugh too. I needed it. TGIF! :saint:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
BeeCushion|1359746594|3369797 said:
Thanks everyone for the compliments, we are so excited!

antiquesparkler and luckyerialc: I think we are going with a solitaire for now because I haven't been able to make up my mind on anything else. We don't want to spend a lot of $$$ and then have me want to change it down the line. We are lucky because our jeweler made my ER setting years ago (2008 I think) and was willing to take it back and give us a credit towards making the new one. SO was not sure he wanted to do this since he associates my old ring with my ex...but doing it this way means we only spend about $200-$300 out of pocket vs a couple thousand. I finally convinced him and it helps that my new stone is TDF and a MAJOR upgrade from last time :bigsmile:

This asscher ring is one of my all time faves right now (the one ericad posted):

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/sh...d-cuts-asschers-a-collection-t113993-300.html

SO is taking over the setting process now and we did use this vatche solitaire as some inspiration:

http://www.dvatche.com/index.php?page=collection&search=1505&alt=1

SO likes the surprise diamonds on this one, but I am obsessed with double claw prongs, a la ericad's asscher photo. I think SO knows what I like and will work with the jeweler to put together something that incorporates what we both want. I have no idea when the proposal will actually come though! I'm so excited we got the stone but now the waiting is going to be hard! Both of our brothers are getting married this year (June and September...both are younger than us too...that stung a little but at least we're making progress) and I think there's a little concern about not wanting to steal anyone's thunder, which I TOTALLY get! However, I'm hoping maybe we do get engaged before the weddings because it would avoid all the family questions about when we're going to do it and jokes about us being the big brother and big sister and shouldn't we be going first, and all that malarky!

Bee, I love love LOVE the Vatche setting. It's gorgeous! I totally understand not spending a fortune YET. I chose a setting that I really love but I would not feel bad changing in 5-10 years.

The waiting is definitley the worst when the ring is done and in SO's hand... okay drawer... I am currently patiently waiting out the 'period of thunder stealing'... SO's sister and a good friend got engaged a couple months ago and I am pretty sure SO doesnt want to steal thunder. I already told him I am not attending another wedding without a ring (see a few pages ago on this thread :)) Maybe you need to inform him of that too? Hehehe. :Up_to_something:

princesss

Ideal_Rock
antiquesparkler|1359748040|3369831 said:

I heart you, Princess. I almost just spit water all over my keyboard and my co-workers are looking at me like I am insane.

HILARIOUS! I think I take this approach from now on... Love it!

Thanks for the laugh too. I needed it. TGIF! :saint:

Happy to help! Also, make sure you say, "Thanks for pointing it out!" with a REALLY big smile, like you're SOOOOOOOOOO glad they said that.

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock

:lol: Bahahahaha I should use this next time.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
lin_ny|1359763619|3370097 said:

:lol: Bahahahaha I should use this next time.

hahhaha I love this response as well!! Thankfully I can't recall ever having gotten those comments yet but I will definitely be pulling this out next time if/when it happens!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results