shape
carat
color
clarity

Updates, anyone?

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
lktx|1357844371|3352324 said:
Total sidenote: I was browsing another message board for the first time and saw a thread called "Can I uninvite someone who's already gotten one of my STDs?" It was the first time I had seen "save the date" abbreviated like that, so I initially thought the poster was asking about her ...um... diseases....

one reason I HATE the term save the date!!!! I much prefer save OUR date because it makes it more personal, plus it avoids that icky acronym!!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pandabee|1357845018|3352331 said:
lktx|1357844371|3352324 said:
Total sidenote: I was browsing another message board for the first time and saw a thread called "Can I uninvite someone who's already gotten one of my STDs?" It was the first time I had seen "save the date" abbreviated like that, so I initially thought the poster was asking about her ...um... diseases....

one reason I HATE the term save the date!!!! I much prefer save OUR date because it makes it more personal, plus it avoids that icky acronym!!!

AHAHAHA :lol: I'm the crazy one that actually LIKES the acronym because it like venerial diseases. I love throwing people for a loop when they give me a :confused: :shock: look lol!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
lol!! you would.

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Alright: DIY.

I want to ~design~ my own stationary and have it offset printed. YUM. I want to do custom postage stamps, and I'm OK at calligraphy - I am also in love with all of those beautifully addressed envelopes!

For the reception decorations - I like those strings of lights with the regular sized light bulbs. You can't get them here, but I'm hoping the electricians at work can make them. I saw a picture of wooden boxes hung above tables filled with flowers that I'd love to try! A couple of Christmases ago I bought 50-ish packets of that long stringy tinsel in navy blue (because I liked it!) which I'm now thinking could be a nice backdrop for something.

For favors, I'd love to make sugar cookies. I saw an IG of a Sophia Coppola face cookie, which made me think we could do a few of our favourite artists, directors, characters etc.

I'm not sure how I'll relinquish control over ANYTHING. :loopy:

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee said:
Aw thanks ladies! Glad you all like my idea. Yes, I love that stamp!! I just didn't know whether it would be more appropriate to include the last name as well, but I guess this is the only way to do it so you can use it before and after.

lkc I had a friend who did turquoise and red (like the Tiffany boxes at Christmas :love: ) and it looked great!! I love navy too in weddings, so I think navy and poppy red would be stunning.
I'm doing navy and blush ;-)

lkc84

Rough_Rock
Mico|1357874483|3352730 said:
pandabee said:
Aw thanks ladies! Glad you all like my idea. Yes, I love that stamp!! I just didn't know whether it would be more appropriate to include the last name as well, but I guess this is the only way to do it so you can use it before and after.

lkc I had a friend who did turquoise and red (like the Tiffany boxes at Christmas :love: ) and it looked great!! I love navy too in weddings, so I think navy and poppy red would be stunning.

Thanks Panda!!!

mico: Navy and blush will be gorgeous!! I don't know if you're considering this, but have you seen some of the blush wedding gowns that have come out recently? They are so pretty! :love:

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Not to interrupt the wedding planning, but - BF will be here in a month! And apparently he has a surprise planned. Hmph. This was my turn to treat him! But apparently it'll turn me into "a melty, mushy mess" and now I wanna know what it is. This is just revenge for continuing to drop hints about his bday gift. Jerk.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
princesss|1357915382|3352974 said:
Not to interrupt the wedding planning, but - BF will be here in a month! And apparently he has a surprise planned. Hmph. This was my turn to treat him! But apparently it'll turn me into "a melty, mushy mess" and now I wanna know what it is. This is just revenge for continuing to drop hints about his bday gift. Jerk.

Aww, I'm so happy for you!!!

:naughty: Do you think it may be a proposal? Or? Any clues besides it making you into a mushy mess? It sounds HUGE, whatever it is!

And remember, cranberry juice~ :bigsmile: HEHEHE :Up_to_something:

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
lkc84 said:
pandabee said:

Thanks Panda!!!

mico: Navy and blush will be gorgeous!! I don't know if you're considering this, but have you seen some of the blush wedding gowns that have come out recently? They are so pretty! :love:
I have! There is a Lazaro that I am absolutely in love with, but I haven't done dress shopping yet :)

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1358017730|3353963 said:

:naughty: Do you think it may be a proposal? Or? Any clues besides it making you into a mushy mess? It sounds HUGE, whatever it is!

Ditto this so hard!!!! LOL especially after a month. I learned that the hard way... :knockout: except the cranberry juice thing can be questionable sometimes (studies vary in their results; personally I think it has some merit), so at the very least have lots of water handy.

misscuppycake

Shiny_Rock
Eek! SO just said we'll need to start ring shopping soon. I actually want him to do all the choosing himself, but he said "Let's at least get you sized". YAY!

Impudent_Crumpet

Rough_Rock
misscuppycake|1358030380|3354074 said:
Eek! SO just said we'll need to start ring shopping soon. I actually want him to do all the choosing himself, but he said "Let's at least get you sized". YAY!

Yay!!!! Cuppycake, it sounds like your stay on The List will be over soon. ~~DUST~~

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi ladies. So we're shipping the ring to DBL next week, but he says he's not going to propose for a while after it's finished. I'm really disappointed. :(

I don't really get it. He's not really much of a romantic anyway, and he's never really cared for emotional dates like anniversaries, etc. He's barely even excited about getting married (he says he is looking forward to being married, but that he just doesn't really get excited about these things the way I do). So it's totally uncharacteristic of him to say he's waiting for the "right time." He could give it to me while I'm folding the laundry in my sweatpants and I'd still be happy. I mean, I guess it's good that he wants to do something special, but I'm kind of just feeling sad and disappointed right now. It's been two years since he's said he knew he would marry me, so I'm not really sure why we need to keep waiting.

Maybe it's just because it's that time of month and emotional like you wouldn't believe. Then again, maybe I'm emotional because my boyfriend said he isn't planning on proposing soon... :(sad

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cygnet|1358062641|3354393 said:
Hi ladies. So we're shipping the ring to DBL next week, but he says he's not going to propose for a while after it's finished. I'm really disappointed. :(

I don't really get it. He's not really much of a romantic anyway, and he's never really cared for emotional dates like anniversaries, etc. He's barely even excited about getting married (he says he is looking forward to being married, but that he just doesn't really get excited about these things the way I do). So it's totally uncharacteristic of him to say he's waiting for the "right time." He could give it to me while I'm folding the laundry in my sweatpants and I'd still be happy. I mean, I guess it's good that he wants to do something special, but I'm kind of just feeling sad and disappointed right now. It's been two years since he's said he knew he would marry me, so I'm not really sure why we need to keep waiting.

Maybe it's just because it's that time of month and emotional like you wouldn't believe. Then again, maybe I'm emotional because my boyfriend said he isn't planning on proposing soon... :(sad

*googly eyed booby hugs*

I've been waiting a very long time. As another lovely post-LIW PS'er told me, the proposal is the only thing he has. We as PS'ers take over the choosing, the designing, the purchasing…. we have to throw him a bone. Non-sentimental men still hold it to be pressure filled, and sentimental, because they're going to need to tell this story over and over again for years to come. It's hard for us Type A's to relinquish this type of control to our men, but he needs to have at least some say in this, right? It's also his proposal and his engagement, too-- not just ours.

I hope you'll get your proposal sooner than he makes it out to seem! Try not to read between the lines of everything, and just let go. You'll get it soon enough :sun:

princesss

Ideal_Rock
pandabee|1358026442|3354028 said:
madelise|1358017730|3353963 said:

Ditto this so hard!!!! LOL especially after a month. I learned that the hard way... :knockout: except the cranberry juice thing can be questionable sometimes (studies vary in their results; personally I think it has some merit), so at the very least have lots of water handy.

A month? God, I wish it was a month. It'll have been 6 months since I've seen him. Pout pout pout.

I seriously doubt it's a proposal - he can't afford a ring at the moment, and there's a lot to figure out first. Whatever it is, it's apparently pretty and will leave me a mushy mess. I'll definitely let you ladies know!

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
madelise|1358102251|3354656 said:
*googly eyed booby hugs*

I've been waiting a very long time. As another lovely post-LIW PS'er told me, the proposal is the only thing he has. We as PS'ers take over the choosing, the designing, the purchasing…. we have to throw him a bone. Non-sentimental men still hold it to be pressure filled, and sentimental, because they're going to need to tell this story over and over again for years to come. It's hard for us Type A's to relinquish this type of control to our men, but he needs to have at least some say in this, right? It's also his proposal and his engagement, too-- not just ours.

I hope you'll get your proposal sooner than he makes it out to seem! Try not to read between the lines of everything, and just let go. You'll get it soon enough :sun:

GOOGLY EYED BOOBY HUGS?!??! That might be the nicest thing anyone has done for me all week :love:

It's true, you have been waiting a long time. You are much more patient than I. :) And, I do want him to have the proposal and do it exactly the way he wants it. I guess I'm just not sure what he's waiting for, because he's not the type to make a production out of things. He's pretty much the perfect man, except that I wish he could be a little more romantic. I've accepted that about him, though. :) I guess I should be patient and give him a chance to try to do something romantic if that's what he'd like.

I'm really not a type A, though. It probably seems that way because I'm kind of in charge of this whole e-ring project, but usually he takes the lead in our everyday life. I'm much better at following orders than giving them. :) He just knows that I have very specific jewelry tastes, so he decided to let me be in charge of this one. Probably because many more jewelry gifts won't be forthcoming, so it's important to get this one right so I can admire it forever! =) I would be happy with anything he chose to give me-- anything at all so long as we were actually engaged!-- but hey, since he's giving me the chance to choose it myself, I may as well make sure every detail is right. Well, with the ring at least.

I just hope he proposes soon, is all. Also, his brother is getting married in a few months, and if he proposes too close to their wedding date, the bride will completely flip out because she's very high strung and will be mortally offended if we steal her thunder. I know this because she's already thrown a fit about her best friend getting planning her wedding too close to theirs. So avoiding family drama would also be nice.

I'm probably babbling... sorry... BF told me to drink some wine because I'm crampy and whiny right now, and I may have had a bit too much..... :loopy:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cygnet|1358117003|3354850 said:
GOOGLY EYED BOOBY HUGS?!??! That might be the nicest thing anyone has done for me all week :love:

Haha, let your SO know that's all it takes to propose! For him to stick googly eyes on his man-chest! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
I wound up buying a pair of 2" googly eyes, and attached them to the kettle before I left for work. SO found them when he went to make his coffee. He didn't take them off before he boiled it, so they got a bit mangled! I moved them around the house a few times, but I've managed to loose one. One cyclops eye does not have the same effect!

luckyerialc

Rough_Rock
pandabee said:

Ooooh I absolutely adore navy and blush together! What season are you planning?

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madelise, when it happens you must make it a seperate thread and of curse-jewel/ring of the week photo! I have been following this and I am so anxious and excited for you.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
luckyerialc said:
pandabee said:

Spring! We're aiming for cherry blossom season :) so excited

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Finally heard from my first interview that was last month. The recruiter emailed everyone saying that the first round of offers had been made, and that the company would reevaluate to see if they needed to hire more people...in MARCH. oy. I am disappointed but not completely surprised. No idea how many people actually ended up getting hired between the 2 states...nor where they are going to be working as they never asked us during the group interview!

I had an interview at my other job last Friday, and I think that went well but she also said that they would not make their decisions until March/April. There are far fewer people applying (not sure the exact number, but since it is an internal position I can count 4 other people and I think she said 2 positions) but it's a little different than what I have experience in so I'm not uber confident despite the good odds.

I hate the job search. And I also feel frustrated for SO as well (going through the same job search but I have worked way more hours and was more involved in extracurriculars in school so he keeps telling me I'm more qualified than he is and he's also having trouble finding a position somewhere) but luckily he is so supportive. He reminded me that in 6 months, we will have a job and have our own house/apt. :love: Little things.

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Mico|1358273736|3356164 said:
luckyerialc said:
pandabee said:

Spring! We're aiming for cherry blossom season :) so excited

Loving this!

pandabee - I'm sorry that its so tricky securing a job. BUT, this year is going to be amazing for you - it'll get done!! :bigsmile:

princesss

Ideal_Rock
For those of you playing along at home: The next clue is "They're in Star Wars." And in answer to my question, "Yes, both new AND old Star Wars."

Hmph.

So sorry the job search is so frustrating, pandabee! That stinks.

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
princesss|1358385791|3357414 said:
For those of you playing along at home: The next clue is "They're in Star Wars." And in answer to my question, "Yes, both new AND old Star Wars."

Hmph.

Stars? Named a star for you? :confused:

I have been thinking about this since yesterday, its driving me crazy! Also: YAY STARWARS.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chewbacca|1358477926|3358371 said:
princesss|1358385791|3357414 said:

Hmph.

Stars? Named a star for you? :confused:

I have been thinking about this since yesterday, its driving me crazy! Also: YAY STARWARS.

Ooh good idea, Chewbacca! I kept googling "star wars + jewelry" and nothing came up that was IN star wars, just dorky play jewelry. I was like, there's nothing mushy about finding out the love of your life is your mother????

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
An ewok? :lol:

Slinking back into lurk mode now...good luck ladies!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the love and support ladies! I am not fretting about it yet...like I said, still have one more option that I feel semi-good about, plus I am going to start looking at outside companies. Scary, but has to be done.

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Alright, little update- it's not much, really.

I was on a family plan with my cell phone since forever. My father calls me last night and says how he is going to switch carriers the next day and was giving me a head's up (I knew this months ago, and the plan was for me to hop on M's carrier/plan). Well, this was TOTALLY last minute; we told him to give us a week's notice or so.
Needless to say, M and I trucked over to the store, and added me to his plan. In the store, the associate made a comment like "You two talk you're married, and not angry marrieds!" I just laughed, 'cause I had no idea what to say to that. M just smiled.

Later that night, as we're playing around with our new phones, we found out you can have your ICE (in case of emergency) numbers scroll on the lock screen, so he puts my number on his first, followed by his mom second. :shock: I was a bit surprised he put me before her.

Lastly, the other night we were up late talking, (unfortunately, I can't remember the deets now, as this was about four days ago) and he made a comment like "The way I see it, I'm you're soon-to-be husband here- ...." (can't remember the rest of the sentence :lol: ) and I almost choked on my water. I was thinking "What? Soon-to-be hubby? I'm not even engaged. We set a wedding date? What, was I drunk, or asleep?" :???: :lol:

Anyway, it's all just little things I've noticed. Things are looking good. 8-)

PhillyMcGee

Rough_Rock
I am really sad today :(

I feel like my life is stuck in this stupid limbo, not just about engagement stuff but everything, it always seems to come back to not being able to do anything really (travel, stuff to finish off our house, and of course getting engaged etc) because we don't have the spare money, and that is because my BF does not have a steady income as he works as a subcontractor, and doesn't seem to be much work around at the moment. I know he is stressed about it and doing his best but I am starting to get really resentful about it....and I swing between feeling guilty that I am taking it out on him and making him feel worse and then thinking that I have had enough of the uncertainty and instability of it all, I want to have kids in the future and think how the hell would we cope if I wasn't working? When he is working he makes greT money butis job will often be put in hold/delayed etc with no notice, ir he dies t have reliable labourers to work with him, ir theres just not much around, and no work means no pay. I don't want to struggle like that with kids and never know when income will stop!! So sometimes I think it's NOT ok and I can't just keep saying it is....but I know he is trying his best. It's just that nothing has been moving forward because of this, it's always 'when we have the money, when you have a better job....'

Also last night one of my close friends got engaged, I am very happy for her because I know she has been a LIW for a long time, but for the first time I felt really really jealous of someone else's engagement...she was just so happy bless her, I felt really sad that seems to be out of reach for us now....'untill we have more money'. So I am ashamed that I was really mean to my BF when he got home, snapped at him because he as usually wanted to stay out late with friends instead of spending any time with me, he forgot his keys and when he did eventually come home knocked on the door and woke me up to let him in, left the fly screen door open all night so mosquitoes came in and attacked me while I was trying to sleep, wouldn't wake up in the morning so ended up being late for work....stupid things like that but they drive you crrazzzyyyy!!! Honestly I was really mean to him and could tell he was upset about it, it was just a build up of frustration that everything is on hold and has been for what feels like forever. I probably sound like a spoilt brat expecting him to be paying for things which is not true at all. I'm just getting tired of waiting around for life to work out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results