shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW Bootcamp

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
Re: Bridal Bootcamp anyone?

Ah, I do live on the second floor, so I guess no 30DS for me for now. It's silly--I know I COULD do this on my own if only I had the willpower. The Pilates DVD I own--and only used once in the last year--is a testament to the fact that just because I have it on DVD doesn't mean I'll do it! Anywho, MayFlowers, good luck with the job hunt. (And don't forget to wear sunscreen if you'll be laying out by a pool!!)

I am still holding rock steady at 126. I'm talking VERY little variation since I got off Nuvaring. I ate well all week, and exercised a few times (though not as much as I should have), and I'm seeing no difference in the scale. No idea what's going on with that. To make it...worse?...at the end of this month I'll be getting back ON Nuvaring. So I gained when I initially got on it 2 years ago, gained when I got off it 2 months ago--I'm rightly fearful that I'll gain when I get BACK on it, haha. (My skin at least will appreciate my being back on it.)

You can probably guess that the reason I'll be getting back on it is because things have been going VERY well with SO for the past few weeks. He's been treating me like an absolute princess. He left yesterday to go out of town for 2 weeks, so we planned a short trip away for soon after he gets back to reconnect and get away from regular life for a few days. I'll finally be done teaching for the year and, though I still have school work to do for the rest of the summer, it'll be a break from HAVING to be somewhere at a certain time each day, which is about as much of a summer as I'll get this year. We've talked about him moving back in, perhaps in July sometime, which is why I'd like to be prepared with the birth control. But we haven't decided on it, because I am kind of enjoying living alone and he is being honest in telling me that part of the reason he's been so well behaved is because he isn't stressed with school, and he worries that when school starts again he will get stressed and treat me not-so-well, and he wants to be better at handling stress so he doesn't hurt me. I appreciate his honesty, so we're not pushing too hard for a re-move-in date yet, but just in case...

Well, good luck to everyone this week. I'll try to be on my best behavior since next weekend I'll be going out of town to see HANSON again (can you tell I'm addicted?). Which means A. I want to look nice, and B. I'll be eating out all weekend. So I won't post Sunday morning since I'll be away; I'll post Monday morning instead.

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

I hear so much about this 30 Day Shred. I live on the 2nd floor as well so that's out of the question. Maybe one day.

Unlucky I'm glad to hear things are going well for you and your SO! :appl: I hope that continues! Totally jealous that you're seeing Hanson (again). I went to see NKOTBSB last weekend here in Philly and it was AMAZING. Definitely took me back to my teenage years of no bills or worries. It was great to get away from adult life and just be a teeny bopper.

I'm holding steady at 119. Haven't really changed anything. This Saturday I'm going to the beach for the first time this year which means bathing suit! So happy that I won't cry when I put it on this time. I am really enjoying the newly found confidence! I don't think I've ever had it before!!

Good luck to everyone this week! :bigsmile:

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Know what you mean about NKOTBSB (when did they become one single acronym)? I saw BSB once when I was a teen and I imagine if I saw them now it'd be like that. It's a little different with Hanson--I've grown up with them and been to 30 shows in the last decade, so I'm not really transported to a time when I was a kid since my memories associated with them are definitely connected to adulthood. (Plus they are a serious band so it'd be weird to be teeny-bopper-freaking-out when they're legitimately rocking out on instruments, lol.) But when I'm at a Hanson show, it IS the only place in the world that I DON'T think about school and bills and the stresses of daily life. That's why I'm so absolutely addicted to being there.

Congrats on holding steady and it makes me SO HAPPY to see you excited about wearing a bathing suit!!! I myself am a little anxious about the bathing suit thing. Won't cry, as you said, but I do still have some jiggly outer thighs (my thighs are pretty toned from running/squats but my outer thigh--or I guess hip?--area is where I'm carrying those last few pounds) that in general make me feel unattractive. Like I see them and that's the one place I failed or something, IDK. I'm going to swim a bit in my apartment pool this week so hopefully when I get to the beach in July (my only planned beach trip of the summer) I will be used to the sight of myself in a bathing suit again, haha.

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

NKOTBSB went to a single acronym for this particular tour. Probably because it's easier to say that then everything separately. If either still toured I would totally keep going. The only band that I see religiously is Dave Matthews Band. They put on such a great live show.

As for the bathing suit thing, I usually wear board shorts to hide the upper jiggles (and because I don't like being so exposed). I wore long board shorts to my knees for awhile to hide everything I possible could. This year I went out and bought two pairs of short board shorts because my legs look so much better. Board shorts will adequately hide my cellulite which I guess I just have to live with. I have the same issue, my thighs look good but it's above that area that still needs work. But this is just leaps and bounds better than last summer so I'll take it.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Yeah, I buy cheap, plain, cotton dresses to wear over bathing suits. Not while swimming, obviously, but they basically go on the moment I get out of the pool. In my daily life I wear jeans, pretty much never shorts or skirts, so I too am not used to being so exposed and wear the cover-ups for that reason.

I've never seen DMB, and am not all that familiar with their music. I basically only know whatever hits they had from when I was a teen/young adult. Haven't listened to the radio in...gosh, like 8 years? I liked what I heard of them but haven't ever really invested in them.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Well, another week of barely any exercise (some, but not much) and eating poorly Friday-Sunday (but yay for Hanson road trips!) and I am STILL not budging from 126. At this point I'm just grateful I'm not gaining, but I REALLY want to get back on top of those 5 pounds after my class ends this week (finally! summer is coming!) and it'll be mighty irritating if I start doing a bunch of work and that number doesn't budge. We shall see.

Hope everyone else did okay this week.

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

I went down .2 this week. Enjoyed myself food wise while I was at the beach on Saturday, hehe. Totally rocked it in my bathing suit! :bigsmile: It was really just nice to have a day to relax and do nothing. No worrying about school or anything. Very stress free kind of day.

On the downside the owner of my MMA gym (and a friend of mine) informed that the gym has to close. They are not generating enough business. The partner he went into this with really dropped the ball in terms of marketing and billing. I am actually really upset that they are closing. Getting upset over a gym closure...what happened to me? hahaha. Now I'm trying to figure out what else to do come July 1 when I'm all done. I think I'll use the gym at my apartment complex and perhaps run/bike more. There is a great alternative gym near me called CrossFit which seems to have an amazing and intense program that I was going to look into. Figure I'll wait till grad school is done (8 MORE WEEKS!!) so I have more free time to dive into it. Little nervous about using a regular gym because I get so bored. I just want to maintain my great progress. I definitely will be making the most of my last two weeks at this gym!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Sorry I haven't been updating! I haven't weighed myself since last time. I haven't really worked out, but I have been trying to eat better. I have been so busy with job applications, work and spending time with BF and his family. Last weekend was when BF's brother and his FI were supposed to get married. So, we spent a lot of time with her to help keep her mind off things as best as possible.

Glad to hear things are going well with you two!!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

No changes this week--still weighing in solidly at 126 today. Tried to eat really well since I knew I wasn't going to be exercising. I'm convinced the reason the number isn't changing is because I'm losing muscle and turning back to jiggly. Boo. Friday was my last summer class (I just have to give and grade the exam on Tuesday) so THIS WEEK IS THE WEEK to get back to regular exercise!!! No. Excuses. (Because of course it's easy to talk about how I still have a lot of studying to do for my exam in August, and how even though I have to study it's finally like summer for me and I just want to relax and be lazy, and about how pretty soon I'm going on a few trips and will eat poorly...)

Katey, sorry to hear about your gym! It did make me smile when I read "what has happened to me?" Haha. Now you know you've truly made a lifestyle change!!

MayFlowers, wow, that really must have been a hard week. I do hope his FI is hanging in there. I can't even image how hard it must be. When my SO doesn't call me for 24 hours (only happened twice in the last couple of years) I get very worried and can't even imagine my life without him. It's such a blessing that you all have each other to help the healing process.

Speaking of, things with SO continue to go super well. It's like we're in a new honeymoon phase! I'm desperately hoping that if/when he moves back in it doesn't turn to crap again.

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

No changes for me this week either...holding steady! But I suppose you're right about the lifestyle change. My birthday is coming up this week and on the agenda might be an attempt at rock climbing! Huge change from last year!

Glad to hear things are going well with you and your SO, Unlucky!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Now that school is out I've lost track of the days and almost forgot it was Sunday! Weighed in at the same 126 today. I did NOT exercise this week, nor did I eat particularly well. No excuses but sheer lack of willpower. I've no idea how to get back on the horse. :(

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Well...after weeks of eating whatever I wanted and not exercising...my luck in maintaining 126 without any effort has finally run out. This morning, I weighed in at 127.6. Crap.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

So, things are starting to settle down with BF's family and I'm going to try all this again. Unfortunately, I have moved back up to 149. I feel absolutely disgusting UGHHH!! BF's work shift has been changed so he now gets off later in the day. That will give me a few extra hours every day to myself to workout. Whenever we go to visit BF's brother's FI (who I will now be referring to as BF's sister), we always end up getting fast food, take out or pizza. Obviously, this hasn't exactly been good for me, so I'm going to have to think of alternatives for me to eat when we are over there. We go there every weekend now which has been really nice.

I'm going to be counting all my calories and working out at least 5 days a week. I won't be running anymore. It's super hot and humid here and it is literally difficult for me to breathe in the thick humidity outside. I don't have a treadmill or membership to a gym so I will be relying on swimming and the elliptical for cardio, and maybe a few early morning fast walks. I'm also going to do 30DS and try to work in some P90X videos that I still have. I hope to have a good update for you all next Monday!

So, starting weight: 149

Oh and I'm so proud of you all for keeping up with everything! Unlucky, I know you hate to move up the scale a little, but really moving one pound isn't bad for not having put much effort. I bet if you work out two times a week you will be able to maintain your weight easily!

ETA: Unlucky, I'm also glad to hear things are going so well with your SO!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Hey MayFlowers, good to hear from you. :)

I know moving up 1.5 lbs isn't bad for doing nothing (and doing damage). Incidentally I weighed myself again today and I'm back to 126, haha. But seeing that number climb, I am a little more motivated to get going again--I won't lie though, I'm still not all THAT motivated, haha. In three days I'm leaving for another 8-day trip (5 of which are at the beach, so bikini time, eek, I'm still a little more jiggly--especially now that I've stopped exercising--than I want to be but oh well), so I promise when I get home it is back to eating better and DEFINITELY back to exercise, even if all I can muster is just a few walks here and there. I SO get when you mean about it being so hot and humid--that's a major part of why I don't move any more, haha.

Things are indeed going well with SO. We haven't had a fight in TWO MONTHS--that is absolutely AMAZING for us. We just got back from a short little trip, a nice 4-day vacation to just get away from it all. We decided he will move back in this week, so when I get back from my trip, we will be living together again. It feels so good to have that rock-solid confidence that things will go right this time.

I think it's really sweet that you'll be referring to your FI's brother's FI as his "sister" now. That woman is so lucky to have all of you in the face of such a tragedy. Perhaps it would help you and her if y'all did some cooking while you were over there, like promising to try a new recipe each time? That way you could avoid the fast food, and she could have fun just spending some time in the kitchen and making good food. I don't know, just an idea, as I can find cooking a new recipe with someone to be very relaxing and fun. If she wouldn't think so, then obviously this isn't as good an idea. :) But good luck with the fresh start--and try not to put TOO much pressure on yourself. :)

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Katey, are you out there? It's been a few weeks since we've heard from you. Hope all is well!

Alrighty--I'm back from my final trip of the summer....and weighing in at 128 today. :( This means I've basically gained 7 pounds back from when I hit my lowest weight back in May. I know every week I come in here and say it's time to get serious again, but I've simply lost all willpower. It's so HOT outside that I don't even want to walk to the gym in my apartment complex, where there are no fans so it's super hot in there too. I also have indulged in basically any foods I want. SO and I (now living together again, yay!) went grocery shopping yesterday and we bought lots of fruit, no junk, but I really need to get back to counting calories again because I can't just rely on eating what feels healthy since my portion sizes have gotten too big. :( Plus I am SO BUSY with schoolwork! I have a MAJOR exam in August so I've been studying hard for that and I don't want to take time away from studying to work out becuase I feel like I'm behind in studying. Argh!!! How can I get back into this?!?!?!?

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Yes! I'm here! Been quiet lately--grad school finishes in 27 days so I've been swamped with finishing everything up. I have my comprehensive exams starting tomorrow and then submitting my thesis after that. Needless to say I'm a little overwhelmed!

I'm staying steady. Weighed in at 117 this morning. Haven't really been going to the gym for sheer lack of time so I've been extra focused on eating well. Hopefully I can start going back to the gym once school is over (and then I go on vacation finally! yay!).

Unlucky don't give up! Think of all the progress you've made so far. I think everyone slacks a little in the summer because there's always something going on---parties, BBQs, vacations, etc. Just try to jump back in with both feet! :bigsmile:

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Yay Katey glad to hear from you! :) Ohhh best of luck with comps!! I'm taking my first one on August 15. I dread it with a fierce passion.

I am trying to hang in but it's hard. But today I'm starting with counting calories and in just a few minutes I'm actually going to EXERCISE!!! Whew.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Hey guys! Still here, but not doing so great with the whole eating right and exercising thing. I am really starting to feel the extra weight and it is not a good feeling. I have officially started my first day of 30 day shred today. I am thinking of cancelling my tanning bed membership and using that money to help pay for a gym membership. I haven't gone to the tanning bed in forever, and I really shouldn't go anyways. Now, it's just a matter of figuring out which gym to join. I'm not planning on going for anything except their classes (I have always wanted to go to a Pilates class and to a spin class) and for their cardio equipment. Hopefully I will have made a decision by next week.

On the job front, things are really rough. I am almost positive that I won't be getting a job :( I know I shouldn't give up yet, but it's hard not to. I have recently been told that the biggest district in my region is on a hiring freeze. This is probably the worst thing that could happen because they generally hire about 150 new teachers each school year. Hopefully the freeze will be lifted before the week school starts and I will have time to plan and organize my room. I've bought a lot of classroom supplies in the dollar bins at Target and it made me so excited about teaching. Now I just need a classroom to put it all in!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

I DID IT!!!!!!!! I counted calories AND exercised several times this week!!! Last week I weighed in at 128. Today, it's 124.8! YES! I am back on the horse! It may not be for long--my BFF is visiting this week and we're planning to make lots of goodies to eat. I did at least convince her to bring some exercise clothes and work out with me while she is here, so I'll try to minimize the damage, but it feels SO GOOD to have finally done something! :)

MayFlowers, sounds like a good idea to join a gym. I really really like the classes at the gym I go to, ESPECIALLY the pilates class. I do develop core strength in that class, but it doesn't feel like a workout to me because my heartrate goes up just a little and I sweat just a little, it's not terrible like running. For the most part, I see the pilates class as a time to really just let my thoughts wander, and we do a super nice cool-down at the end that feels like the closest I'll get to meditation. Since I have such busy weeks at school, I always see the pilates classes as a little haven where I can just take some time to myself. Of course it took me a while to feel that way, since when I started I had little strength at all and had to very much focus on getting my body to do what the instructor's was doing. But if you do join and go, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. :) Re: the job--I'll be sending dust your way!!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Well I did pretty good last week. I exercised a few times, not everyday, but definitely made an effort to work out whenever I could. I also watched what I ate all week and said no to a few tempting things. The weekend is really where I lose my determination. BF's sister and I stayed up until about 3:30 in the morning on Saturday night drinking Mike's Hard and talking about EVERYTHING! We didn't eat much because we were too focused on talking haha :) But I had eaten a piece of devilish chocolate cake that she had made earlier that day.

So despite that, I still managed to lose 1.4 pounds! Pretty proud of myself and now I just need to keep it up!

Oh and if you haven't seen yet, I updated my job thread. I had an interview on Friday that went pretty well and I'm hopeful that I will get the job. They are supposed to let me know early this week whether I qualify for a second interview or not. The second interview isn't much though. The principal basically gives the team of teachers you would be working with his top three choices and then lets them choose whoever they think is best for their grade level and their team. So, I'm here waiting to hear from them and starting to get impatient!

Cupcake28

Rough_Rock

Hey guys! I'm pretty new to PS and brand new to this thread...can I join in?? I need some motivation!

I have a LOT to lose, so please don't judge! I'm pretty tall and naturally curvy, so I'm most comfortable at a weight between 145 and 160. As of this morning, I'm at 245. :shock:

I've been a yo-yo-er my whole life and have bounced back and forth between 145 and 245 a few times. (Trust me, I KNOW how unhealthy this is.) When I'm single, I lose mass amounts of weight because I'm miserable and starving myself, and when I'm in a happy relationship I gain. My challenge to myself is to now lose the weight, HEALTHILY, while I'm happy. If I can do that, I feel like I stand a chance at keeping it off, because I did it right.

My bf and I are just starting to talk about rings, and we'll probably be getting engaged sometime next summer. If I work at it, I could be at 160 by June 1st (that's about 2 pounds a week). This is really where I want to be when I get engaged - happy, healthy and confident! I don't want to get engaged and then immediately have to go on some crazy diet plan. I want to be there already, and be able to enjoy everything while I maintain and maybe fine-tune.

So...will you guys back me up??? I've lost this much weight before and I KNOW I can do it again. But I need lots of support and motivation, and I need to do it in a healthy way!

My question to you guys who have been successful: What motivates you? When you feel like you want to give up, what changes your mind?

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Welcome Cupcake!! We're definitely a good group of cheerleaders over here and absolutely without judgment!

I had a lot of success on Weight Watchers and I'm currently on maintenance. Do you plan on doing any type of program or old fashioned tried and true healthy diet and exercise? What really has motivated me was feeling better. I was at my heaviest at 147 and had some breathing problems along with fatigue and general blah. Not to mention I had ZERO self confidence. I have since lost weight and my motivation is that I don't have to worry about not being able to do something. For example, this past weekend I went rock climbing which physically I could not really do before. Turns out it's not for me anyway but at least I tried. My boyfriend is VERY active and I wanted to be able to enjoy things like exercising together. Not to mention the super motivation of getting into a bikini and not wanting to burst into tears.

I went all into Weight Watchers so I rarely had days that I wanted to give up. If I had days I wanted to cheat, I did (and paid for it come weigh-in day) but it helped me learn not to do that again. I went up and down a few times but I knew that it was a work in progress and the end result would be great. If you hold yourself accountable that helps a lot. I have also found that if I deprive myself of something it ends up being worse than if I modified. For example, if I wanted some chocolate, instead of a big honking piece of cake I would have a cookie or a piece of candy and not go overboard.

Some weeks are better than others and that's what we're here for when you're struggling!

Anyway, welcome again! :bigsmile:

Cupcake28

Rough_Rock

Thanks Katey!! I really appreciate your thoughts and your story. It totally hits home with me. My boyfriend runs, and I've always had this secret dream that one day, we could go for runs together. Right now, even THINKING about running makes me start wheezing. I would love to be able to share that with him, and your story makes me believe that I can do it!

I've actually been a member of WW online for several months, but haven't really committed to it yet. In theory, I'd like to go to meetings, but realistically, I don't think it's gonna happen. My job is pretty intense and sometimes spills over to the weekends, plus I'm in business school 3 nights/week (and homework/projects that take up a lot of the rest). I'm ready to commit to tracking my points online, though. I just downloaded the app after my first post, and am pretty excited to have a new "toy" to play with. :)

In the past, I've noticed that when I get one aspect of my life in line, the rest tend to follow. So I feel like, if I can make one set of small changes, it'll help me snowball into bigger changes.

So, my first goal is to exercise for 30 minutes a day, every day. There's no reason why I can't find a half hour every day to do SOMETHING. Even on my busiest day, I can go for a walk on my lunch break.

I know it's different for everyone, but for me, when I work out (even a little bit), I'm less likely to overeat that day. All I can think after I exercise is how much I don't want to have wasted that effort by ruining it with a cheeseburger! Haha.

So yes. Right here and now, I'm committing to a) tracking my WW points every day and b) 30 mins per day of exercise, even if it's just a 30-minute walk. For my first few weeks at least, I think those two things will get me going AND help me identify specific unhealthy habits that I can troubleshoot from there.

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

I've been doing WW Online as well and I like that option better than going to the meetings. I have been working fulltime and for the last two years have been doing grad school so I barely had any time for myself. The online tracker is really cool as long as you don't cheat yourself and "forget" to input things here and there. I literally account for every little thing even if it might be considered zero points. WW has really helped me understand what exactly I'm putting into my body especially in terms of portion size. Have you seen the WW endorsed foods? Most of them are REALLY good and point friendly. I always have their ice cream in my freezer for something sweet.

I definitely think you have a reasonable starting goal! We check in here on Sunday/Monday each week and discuss our progress (or mid week if we're having a problem). Good luck to you!! :bigsmile:

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

First off, welcome cupcake!!! I'm sure you will do great here and I will be right there with ya!

kateydid05 said:
I have also found that if I deprive myself of something it ends up being worse than if I modified. For example, if I wanted some chocolate, instead of a big honking piece of cake I would have a cookie or a piece of candy and not go overboard.

I totally agree with this. Eating a little square of a Hershey bar satisfies my chocolate craving the same amount that the whole bar would.

Cupcake28 said:
I know it's different for everyone, but for me, when I work out (even a little bit), I'm less likely to overeat that day. All I can think after I exercise is how much I don't want to have wasted that effort by ruining it with a cheeseburger! Haha.

This is how things are for me too! Whenever I work out, I always think to myself that I don't want to have exercised for nothing. Even though any exercise is good whether you eat well or not, I know that the combination of the two is the best possible thing I can do for myself and I try to focus on that everyday! I'm sure you will do great with 30 minutes of exercise each day. That is about what I do now, though I try for an hour on some days. I lost about 20 pounds or so a few years back and I did it by counting all my calories and working out for an hour everyday. I'm trying to do the same thing now, but I work in a day of rest because I feel like I do better that way.

It's all about finding what works best for you!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Hey everyone. It's my weigh-in day and it's a sad one for me. :( Two weeks ago I was 128. Throughout the first week I steadily dropped to 124.8, which was my weight last Sunday. Monday morning, I was 127, and this week it has steadily climbed to today's weight of 130, even though I've been super active. I don't get it. This is the same kind of slow and steady gain I saw when I first got on birth control, which I'm recently back on since SO and I are back together. I don't know if that's the cause of this gain, but it's frustrating.

Cupcake, welcome! I hope you enjoy participating in this thread. This little group has been REALLY helpful for me, and I find that looking forward to the updates--even if I know mine will be that I've gained--makes me feel good. And absolutely, no judgment here! These girls are great.

When I was in high school I did Weight Watchers and lost about 20 pounds. Over the next 7 years I gained 30 pounds, so last year I was ready to take the weight back off, but I didn't want to do WW again because I felt like it was too much to track given my super-busy schedule. So I met with a nutritionist and decided to simply count calories, limiting myself to 1500 a day and making sure to exercise. It took me 10 months (including a few slip-ups and a big plateau once I'd lost about 15 pounds), but I finally lost 25 of the 30 pounds I gained. I admit to getting complacent after 10 months, and this summer I have gained a bit of that back, even though the last couple weeks I've gotten back on the horse. Hopefully the next few weeks I can shed those few pounds again, but I'll admit that maintenance is a problem for me. I am motivated by continuing to fit into my clothes (I HATE clothes shopping), but sometimes that motivation is outshined by a desire to be lazy and eat delicious but unhealthy things. I struggle to remember that to taste something delicious and get rid of a craving that I don't have to eat too much of it. I think it's especially hard for me to remember that because I don't get much pleasure in life being in grad school, and I already deprive myself of so many things, that it's hard for me to deprive myself of good food when I genuinely believe that life is short and we should enjoy ourselves, and I don't get much enjoyment elsewhere. But then I *also* remember that since life is short, I can only enjoy it if I'm healthy. So it's a constant struggle for me. That's why it's helpful for me to continue to check in here each Sunday, even if I've had a bad week.

Cupcake28

Rough_Rock

Hi everyone! Weighed in this morning at 241...4 pounds down from last week! :) Of course, this is beginner's water weight, etc., but still nice to see numbers go down.

Thanks to everyone for your responses and sharing your stories. It's so helpful to hear what works for other people!

I've been keeping to my "30 mins a day" exercise goal - so far, so good! I busted out some old workout DVDs I've had for awhile, and as much as I hate working out, giving myself that very specific goal has helped. I've been eating well and responsibly except for a Saturday night celebration dinner, where I split a lobster mac-n-cheese app AND had cheese ravioli for my entree. Perhaps I'm identifying a cheese weakness here...? haha

In other weight loss news, I got a shock this morning from a friend of mine who's getting married next June. I'm a bridesmaid, but we hadn't really talked about dresses at all yet. She called me this a.m. and told me that her sister found some dresses on sale online for $40 - the perfect color and style - but the sale ends tonight, so they're buying today. The kicker: They only go up to a size 14! AHHH! I'm the only bmaid who's normally above a size 14 (I'm currently 16/18 in dresses), so I was the only concern. I checked the measurements of the dress, though, and they're sized pretty generously, so I'm only 2 inches away in the waist and 1 in the boobs. So...looks like I'll be getting a bridesmaid dress I can't fit into yet!!

I'm a super-cautious person, so I've NEVER bought anything I couldn't currently fit into. While of course it makes me nervous, I've lost large amounts of weight before and I know I can do it again. This dress will just have to be another inspiration! I have 10 months, so my goal is to fit comfortably in the dress by Christmas and then have the following 5 months to lose more and have it taken in. :)

Hope everyone else is doing well...here's to a good week ahead!! :D

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

I hope the dress keeps you motivated cupcake! I did that once and I know it helped me!

I weighed in today down 2 pounds from last week! I have really been doing better with staying active and watching what I eat, even on the weekends! Since I haven't posted my weight recently, I will go ahead and do it. I am currently weighing 149.5 lb. Which means that a few weeks ago, I was all the way up to 153 :o I couldn't believe it. That was only 2 pounds away from where I had been before I started losing weight two years ago. I hate to think that I have gotten all of that back and I think that has helped to motivate me.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised this week that I did lose any weight. If you have been following my job thread, well the dream job that I thought for sure I had, I didn't get. I was absolutely devastated and didn't really pay attention to what I ate for a few days. It really sucks because now I am in a horrible position trying to figure out what to do. Check out my thread if you want because I don't want to threadjack.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Cupcake, congrats on your initial weight loss! It's always helpful to see that number go down right away. Last summer I bought a form-fitting dress for a friend's wedding. I decided to wear a different dress in the end, but the other dress was still cute (and just $20 on sale) so I decided to keep it instead of returning it. I started dieting/exercising in September and decided in November that I'd wear the dress for my December graduation. I tried it on and it was HUGE! Had to have it taken in when I went home for Thanksgiving. The graduation was shortly before Christmas, and just in the few weeks since it'd been taken in, it was slightly baggy again. (And if I were to wear it again, it'd have to be taken in again, if that's even possible, I don't sew so I don't know if there's a point at which it can't be taken in any more without ruining the dress.) So my advice is to hold off on alterations until shortly before you're due to wear it, because as you lose more weight (and you WILL!) it'll just need to keep being changed.

MayFlowers, I'm sorry to hear about your job situation! I'm wishing you the best. But hey congrats on your weight loss! That's excellent!! You can do it!!

Today I weighed in at 128.8, so it's down 1.2 from last Sunday. Until yesterday I ate 1500 calories a day, and even got in 2 or 3 exercise sessions at the beginning of the week, but honestly I think that "loss" is just water weight/dehydration. I have a SUPER MAJOR EXAM--like, career-ending if I fail it--tomorrow and Tuesday, and I've been studying my tail off, so I've been on a constant supply of caffeine (which I never really drink, so the fact that I'm drinking it all day long is a testament to how much I've been studying), and I think that caffeine + not really drinking water has just kinda shrunk me up a bit. SO has been treating me like a princess for weeks while I study. He's done all of the chores, has cooked almost all the meals, and has given me a back massage every night, plus just generally listens and consoles when I am feeling stressed. The exam starts at 9am tomorrow and ends 9am Tuesday, so I am going to try to stop studying by 8pm tonight to spend the evening relaxing with him. We are actually going to make red velvet whoopie pies so that I can snack on them during the exam (it's a take-home), thinking that any little comfort I can get during the 24 hours of the exam is worth it even if it's just junk food. Between eating lots of those and drinking water when the exam is over, I'm sure that 1.2 pounds of "loss" will reappear.

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Unlucky good luck on your exam!!

I am staying steady over here. I finish grad school on Friday. Have barely been able to get to the gym because I'm just so busy but it's all coming to an end!! Definitely looking forward to some free time.

On Saturday I go on vacation for a week. Little nervous because we have a beach house and a lot of people going down. That means not too much control over what I eat so I have to compensate by controlling how much I eat! Here's hoping I stay on that track!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results