shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW Bootcamp

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock
Re: Bridal Bootcamp anyone?

Checking in with a whopping 0.2 loss, haha. It's something right? I went to a regular gym with a friend of mine and was so incredibly bored on the elliptical/stair stepper thing. Didn't work as hard as I wanted to. I guess I need a fast paced workout and someone yelling at me, haha.

Mayflowers I'm so sorry to hear about your boyfriends dog. I dealt with that around the holidays last year and my 17 year old beagle :( I miss her all the time.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

To both of you, yes, "it's something." :)

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Haha I didn't even realize we used the same phrase! :lol:

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Well, relieved to see that today's weigh-in still has me at 123. I made it to the gym I think just 3 times in the last 7 days, and I haven't really been tracking calories except for mental estimates and I'm fairly certain I've eaten around 1800 a day instead of 1500. I also took myself to a movie and, for the first time probably since I was a kid, actually got candy and a soda, so I know that day took a big sugar hit.

In other news, I'm getting off birth control since I'm single now, so today is the day I'm scheduled to remove NuvaRing and I won't be putting another in, so my hope is that I actually drop the last couple of pounds without effort simply by removing hormones-- I don't know if it works that way, but I certainly know I gained when I got on it, so I should lose when I get off it, right? :naughty: Really though, that's all I'm banking on for any weight loss this coming week. It's the last week of school, I have a giant stack of term papers to grade, and I have to write a final week's worth of lesson plans AND create the final exam, which surprisingly takes way more hours than anyone probably thinks, so I foresee another week of only making it to the gym a handful of times and not eating my best.

Finally, an update on (ex-of-2-weeks)SO while I am here and typing. We spent most of the week not talking, then on Thursday night he knocked on my door. I was shocked to see him and was instantly very emotional. He'd locked his keys in his car at a gas station a mile away, and wouldn't you know it, his only spare key was in the box of stuff that I packed from the stuff he left here that he had been refusing to take because he didn't want to deal with the pain of sorting through it. He got the key and then I drove him back to his car in total silence. Later that night he sent me an email thanking me for taking him back to his car and apologizing for upsetting me. I wrote back to say that he didn't upset me, it was just really emotional to see him, especially in such a surprise manner, and that it was very hard for me to deny the instincts to hug and kiss him, etc. That opened the door to us talking again, and yesterday, we had a conversation that lasted a couple of hours where I told him a lot of the stuff I'd been thinking about this past week (I read 4 books and saw 2 movies about relationships, and journaled in the amount of a small book, thinking a lot about what I want and need in relationships, whether it's realistic, why he and I weren't fitting together, etc). We also talked about the Five Love Languages (one of the books I read) and how we weren't speaking each other's primary languages, etc. After a couple of hours I felt like we had really reached some understanding, but the question still remained: could we actually make the necessary changes? Clearly still don't know that answer, but we are meeting up later tonight to have ice cream, so perhaps this is the start of taking things very slowly to see if we can work out past problems. And I say "very slowly" because even if he is able to be very nice to me, I can't forget that the reason that we broke up was because he was basically getting verbally abusive, so I need to be sure that even in our worst moments, we won't fall back on that pattern. So I'm hopeful and glad we are able to give it another try, but also hesitant and nervous because if we really aren't going to make it, I don't want to drag things out. Wish us luck.

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Stayed the same...120.8! Don't really have anything else to say about that one because nothing was different. Oh well! :bigsmile:

Unlucky, I can't imagine how weird that visit must have been. I couldn't agree with your last sentence more! Stay smart ;-)

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

I agree, Unlucky, stay smart. Definitely take things suuupppppeerr slow. I know exactly how you felt when you said that the visit was super emotional because you were fighting those instincts to hug and kiss him. I had an ex once that I just could not get away from. It was very hard seeing him because I still had the urge to go back to him. Eventually I just had to do everything I could to break all ties because that was going to be the only way I could get over him.

I checked in this week at 144.7. Not much of a loss, but I didn't expect much again because this past week I spent almost all my free time finishing up all my assignments that were due for graduation, which means no time to exercise. Plus, yesterday was Easter which meant lots of candy and feasting.

I officially finished ALL of my assignments on Saturday! I'm very excited! Tomorrow is my last day of student teaching and I'm going to try my hardest not to cry. I am excited to be finished and to be able to sleep in again and have time to work out. But, I'm really going to miss those kids.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

katey, congrats on maintaining. :)

MayFlowers, congrats on being done with all your assignments! That is huge and must be a fantastic feeling.

The visit for ice cream was a little weird-- he immediately hugged me and then kept reaching out to stroke my arm and stuff, and I felt so weird because I didn't know how to act given that I don't really know where we stand right now. We're definitely giving things another try, but if they don't work, I don't want it to be any more painful than it needs to be and I fear that being touchy-feely with him will make it harder. On the other hand, we are working on showing each other we care through the other's primary love language, and his is physical touch, so if I want him to feel loved and if I expect him to work on MY love language, then it's quite necessary to hold his hand, hug him, etc. So I told him that this could be okay, but I do want to take things slowly. At the end of the night he suggested he come home with me, and I definitely put my foot down. Come on dude! But we aren't going to see each other till the end of the week, so that's pretty slow and I'm okay with that. We did fight a bit about the breakup when we had ice cream, but we came through on the other side of the fight and in future meetings I'm going to try and suggest that we stick to talking about the present and the future, to just see if this thing can work and if it gets a lot better, then we can discuss the past if we need to and hopefully by then that conversation will go a lot better. So who knows, just trying to push forward...

I know it probably doesn't mean much because it was probably just dehydration, but I weighed in today at 121.4, haha.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Held steady around 122 this week. I don't know how that's possible since I've eaten terribly and ONLY worked out on Wednesday for the WHOLE week. Friday night for dinner I had 1000 calories worth of ice cream, grilled cheese, and tater tots. Ugh. Yesterday I grocery shopped so I made VERY sure not to buy any bad stuff and to buy enough good and easy stuff to keep all my meals at home and not be tempted to eat fast food. Mostly though I'm so unmotivated to exercise! It's been almost TWO full WEEKS since I went for a run! I hate running and now that I've fallen off the horse it's hard to get back on, but I know it's important so I don't go back to losing muscle and gaining fat. As much as I hate running I really like how toned my body got (still had/has some jiggles, of course, in my "problem" areas), so somewhere within me I need to find the power to get back to it. I hope you all had better weeks than me.

Hung out with (ex?)SO again last night for the first time since we had ice cream last weekend. It went much better. We did have some relationship talk, but we kept it civil and calm and for the most part we just focused on getting through a nice evening and showing the other person we cared about them. I think at this point we'd both use the language of "we are back together," but loosely, in the sense that we were never NOT in relationship, you know? It's been three weeks since our breakup and not once during that time did I ever really believe myself to be single, and when you're still in contact and still trying to work things out, I don't think single is the right word anyway. So we are still taking it slow--in fact the only relationship talk last night was about how we won't be living or sleeping together for a while--but I'm at least more hopeful now that things might work out.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Unlucky, at least you are holding steady and not gaining. I'm glad that things are feeling somewhat better between you and your SO.

This week was horrible. BF's older brother passed away unexpectedly on Monday night. He was only 31. It was absolutely the most difficult week of my life. ;( I tried to go to my last day of student teaching on Tuesday, but I just lost it when my teacher asked me what was wrong. My eyes and face were still all swollen from staying up all night crying. So, I left and spent time with BF and his family. Neither of us went to work or anything the rest of the week. It's going to take a long time to heal from this. I just can't even begin to describe the hole that both of us (especially BF obviously) feel in our life right now.

I'm still going to weigh in tomorrow. Not sure what to expect on the scale though. There were a few days that neither of us could eat anything. We are starting to slowly get our appetites back. But neither of us have eaten even two full meals on the same day all week. At the same time though, I didn't get any exercise either.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

MayFlowers I am so incredibly sorry to hear about this! I know it must be very difficult. It's always devastating to lose a family member, especially when they are so young. Your BF is lucky to have you in his life right now and the two of you can lean on each other. You can lean on us, too. I'm so sorry.

lisalikessparkles

Rough_Rock

Hi everyone.. hope you don't mind me jumping in...

MF - I'm so very sorry to read about your BF's brother. I've lost family members very recently and grief is such a shocking raw emotion; I can only imagine how you all feel. I'm so pleased that you could be there for your BF and his family. It would mean so much to them all. The only thing I can really offer is that time will help. I don't think you ever really heal from losing someone you love who was a large part of your life.. but it does get easier. xxxxx

ULT - I have followed your story in other threads in LIW and it's wonderful you're now talking. My boyfriend is probably one of the sweetest, most gentle.. most conservative and loyal person I have ever met.. but get him angry.. push the right buttons and he turns into a wall punching, verbal abuse throwing psycho gorilla. Anger is such a knee jerk reflex and unfortunately anger follows a similar pattern every time so those habits take a long time to break but it is possible. The worst I get these days is "idiot" which I actually really hate.. but it's extremely rare and he knows he's overstepped a boundary when he does it and we've not had to repair wall holes for almost 2 years. PROGRESS!! ;-) Basically what I am trying to say is that change is possible.. and if he really wants to be with you and not hurt you, he will work to control the impulse to hurt you with names. I hope it works out for you both, and if not.. I hope this step leads you to the man of your dreams.

I've packed the scales - we're moving in 3 weeks and I've used the gym scales yesterday. I was still eating as if I were about to starve up until this week so I'm not doing very well.. but (and I know this sounds ridiculous) I am SO motivated after watching the royal wedding. Kate's sister is just to die for. Gorgeous gorgeous figure. While my BMI is still healthy at 24. It's the higher side of healthy, so I am aiming to lose 15.7kgs to come to a weight of 60kg and a BMI of 20. (for those in lbs that is a goal of 132; current weight 166 so a loss of 34lbs). Jesus. That sounds like alot. :/ I'm so tall -5"10 so I can carry alot of weight and it takes a BIG loss for people to notice which is a pain.

Good luck this week ladies, with everything. I tend to put on weight when sad.. so the fact you're both still on track and not gaining is a testament to your individual strengths.
x

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Mayflowers--so sorry for your loss. Sudden deaths are always such much harder to deal with. Sending prayers your way.

Unlucky--glad to hear things are back on track and you guys are taking it slowly. Good luck :)

I stayed the same again this week. Stepped it up at the gym when I went and when I was not at the gym I was a total blob--even ate pizza once or twice. It's spring break and all I wanted to do was relax. I also got invisalign for my teeth and I can only drink water when they are in so I have at least tripled my water intake this past week. I'll tell ya what though, because I have to remove them anytime I want to eat something, they have completely stopped my grazing. Oh well. Wonder what this week will hold!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Hi Lisa, thanks for the words of encouragement. And can I just say how envious I am that you are 5'10"! I say that from the position of being 5'2".

Katey, congrats on maintaining. Interesting about the invisalign! That's definintely one way to stop snacking.

Good luck to everyone this week! I myself just got back from a run. First time I have done that in a long time! It was a short one but I'm proud that I finally just forced myself to do it.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Weighing in at 144.6. So I basically stayed the same. I figured that even though I didn't consume many calories last week, I also didn't expend many and I had a lot of stress. So, it's not a big surprise.

BF and I are slowly starting to recover from all this. It's still really hard, but we are surviving and it's just going to take a lot of time. Thank you all for your support during this time!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Hey MayFlowers. How are you doing? I hope this week has treated you and your BF well.

Weighed in today (and every day this week) at 123. I thought that getting off the birth control might result in a wee loss since getting on birth control resulted in a gain, but no dice, and have seemingly gained a pound (that could just be less-than-stellar eating and only 3 short workouts this week). But I have not fluctuated at all this week, so maybe that is a side-effect of getting off birth control? I like having the steadier weight. It'll help alert me if I really start to gain again (may that never be the case!). This week is special, since it's my birthday and I get to attend a private rehearsal of my favorite band (Hanson) before seeing one of their concerts, so I went out and bought a special outfit (bought a skirt in a size 4 and a top in an EXTRA SMALL!!) and am getting a pedicure (which I've never done before). Hopefully it'll feel even better to snap a picture with them since the last picture I took with them was at the height of my weight gain.

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Weighed in at 119 this week which means...I HIT MY GOAL!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

Now, WW switched to maintenence which gives me a few more points in a day and will change with me should I gain anything (and hell I fluctuated so much I don't doubt this will happen but the bulk of the weight is gone). I'll probably stay with the program for awhile and see how it is. In the meantime, while the number is down, I still want to tone up more but I still can't get to a gym more than 2 times a week. Once I graduate in August I'll have a lot more time. Overall this took me longer than I anticipated but I'm still very happy!!

I still plan on tracking here and may even tweak my goal. But for now...

Height" 5'0"
Starting Weight: 150 (October 2010) :shock:
Goal Weight: 120
Current Weight: 119

My MMA gym asked for before/after shots for their website this week. I'm the only female that consistently does it and had a dramatic transformation. Pretty cool!

HOORAY!! :twirl:

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Katey! I'm so proud and excited for you! I'm sure the feeling is absolutely amazing! You are truly an inspiration to me. You stuck with this for a long time, through the ups and downs and frustrations, you stayed focused on that goal. Plus, we had about the same starting weight and about the same goal weight! Now I just need to kick my butt into gear to follow your footsteps.

Unlucky, I would have thought that you would lose weight too. I remember gaining weight when I first got on birth control too. Have fun meeting Hanson! I love them!!

I only maintained this week, 144.7. Everything has still been really difficult on both BF and I and his family. It's just really changed many aspects of our lives and we are trying to adjust. BF's parents are divorced though and this is all really bringing out the ugly side of BF's mother. Of course, that doesn't help anyone heal and really just makes it worse for BF and his sister by forcing them to choose sides.

I didn't really exercise at all last week and my eating was ok. I haven't run in over two weeks. I feel so guilty for stopping that and I really want to keep at it. I'm going to try to up the exercise this week and get back into the swing of things. I'm trying to focus on two years ago when I lost a bunch of weight and what I did then to help me lose it. It's helping me to realize that it's really not that difficult for me once I get into a routine. So, I just need to set that up and keep with it!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Well I have completed three great workouts this week already! I tried to do some interval training on the elliptical yesterday to bump things up, but I actually burned less calories doing that than I would have if I had kept a steady pace. I always thought interval training burned more calories, but I found some things online that say otherwise. So, I guess I will stick with what burns the most calories for me.

Unlucky, how are you and your SO? Just wondering how things are going and if you are seeing progress.

Keep up the good work ladies!

TwinkleStar

Shiny_Rock

Hi all!

I've been following this thread thanks to all of your other posts encouraging us to come check out this thread!! So thanks! I'm so excited that there is a great and supportive community for this, just like with LIW!

My metabolism has always been pretty good, but as I'm sure you all know, it also makes you very lazy in terms of eating well and exercising, because you figure your body will figure itself out. At 29, I am feeling how slow the burn is! After reading all of your stories and updates, I'm inspired to get on the train and be accountable!

Goal weight:115
Current weight:125
Height: 5'4"
Daily goal for the day: Workout for at least 30 minutes 6 days a week (yikes!); cut sugar intake (my poor sweet tooth) and fried foods (sigh); ab definition would be nice ;))
Long-term goal: Build good exercise and eating habits

I've been noticing an increasing trend from my usual clothing size to the next size up, as well as just a general softness overall. I'd like to be more toned. I used to run in high school, and even the other day, one of the athletic guys at work was like, You totally are built to be a runner; you should run. That just reminded me how I no longer run so inspired me to have some ice cream. I know, terrible solution. Besides all of you, I also work with a pretty active crew at work, so between them all, they've done fun programs like P90X, Power 90, Insanity, etc. For the guys, they always seem to cut weight and get definition so fast. For the girls, we just seem to see any real changes much slower.

A few questions for you all. Have you noticed that DVD programs like P90x, et.al. work? Do you find that weighing yourself or measuring yourself (i.e. waist, hips, thighs, arms, etc.) is a better measure of your progress? I find that my weight fluctuates, and it can definitely make me feel unmotivated, so I'm just trying to see if there's something else that you've found helpful to track your progress.

Good luck to everyone!!!

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

TwinkleStar|1305415314|2921975 said:
Hi all!

I've been following this thread thanks to all of your other posts encouraging us to come check out this thread!! So thanks! I'm so excited that there is a great and supportive community for this, just like with LIW!

My metabolism has always been pretty good, but as I'm sure you all know, it also makes you very lazy in terms of eating well and exercising, because you figure your body will figure itself out. At 29, I am feeling how slow the burn is! After reading all of your stories and updates, I'm inspired to get on the train and be accountable!

Goal weight:115
Current weight:125
Height: 5'4"
Daily goal for the day: Workout for at least 30 minutes 6 days a week (yikes!); cut sugar intake (my poor sweet tooth) and fried foods (sigh); ab definition would be nice ;))
Long-term goal: Build good exercise and eating habits

I've been noticing an increasing trend from my usual clothing size to the next size up, as well as just a general softness overall. I'd like to be more toned. I used to run in high school, and even the other day, one of the athletic guys at work was like, You totally are built to be a runner; you should run. That just reminded me how I no longer run so inspired me to have some ice cream. I know, terrible solution. Besides all of you, I also work with a pretty active crew at work, so between them all, they've done fun programs like P90X, Power 90, Insanity, etc. For the guys, they always seem to cut weight and get definition so fast. For the girls, we just seem to see any real changes much slower.

A few questions for you all. Have you noticed that DVD programs like P90x, et.al. work? Do you find that weighing yourself or measuring yourself (i.e. waist, hips, thighs, arms, etc.) is a better measure of your progress? I find that my weight fluctuates, and it can definitely make me feel unmotivated, so I'm just trying to see if there's something else that you've found helpful to track your progress.

Good luck to everyone!!!

Hi twinklestar! I did P90X in the past and it does work; however, you really need to follow the nutrition program that goes along with it for the best results. It's also A LOT of time...an hour a day, maybe more. The progress was definitely a lot slower than the guys and I felt that you needed to already be somewhat in shape to start that program because it's hard!! In the end I stopped doing it because I live in an apartment and was bouncing around a lot. I didn't want to bother my neighbors. I also found kickboxing which was much more fast paced and enjoyable for me. As for weighing in/taking measurements, I have only used a scale. I do not think I measured myself once so I can't answer that. I just went with how my clothes fit. Anyway, welcome!! :bigsmile:

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

TwinkleStar said:

Good luck to everyone!!!

P90X definitely works and definitely helps you to get more definition. My SO and I tried P90X and we still have the set, but we found that we needed to be in better shape and have a better space to do the program before we try again. It was difficult for us to both complete it in a somewhat small room. If you do try P90X, I would focus on measuring progress by taking measurements. P90X helps you to gain a lot of muscle and become stronger, so you may not lose much weight. But, you will gain muscle tone and definition, so you will notice that your measurements are getting smaller.

Right now, my favorite DVD is Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. It's only 20 minutes (actually around 28 with warm up and cool down) and it is just the right amount of difficult for now. It has three intensities so that when the first begins to become "easy", you can bump it up to the second or third. It's also pretty inexpensive. I think I only paid $12.

Another way that I try to keep motivated is to religiously track and chart my measurements and weight. I used to chart my weight through Wii Fit. But I have since gotten rid of my Wii. So, now I have an app that has a chart where I can easily enter my newest weight and it will chart it for me and let me see my progress. It really motivated me to see my weight line dropping over a period of time and to look back at where I had begun. Good luck and keep us updated!

Now for my check-in. I weighed in at 144.4 this morning. Not much of a loss considering that I actually had time to work out last week. But, my graduation was on Saturday (YAY!! :D ) and with all the celebrating, parties, and dinners out, I had assumed I wouldn't lose much. I'm really on a roll though with eating much better and keeping up with my workouts.

Unlucky, how did you do this week? I hope everything is ok since you usually post on Sundays and we haven't heard from you yet!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Hey all. Sorry I missed last week. I've been super busy what with going out of town for the Hanson thing--which was AWESOME. Not only was it a fabulous experience and the guys were SO nice, but it is fun to see the pictures with a teeny tiny me! (PS--while I was gone, what the heck happened to PriceScope? It's all screwed up in font!)

So as great as the last week was with Hanson and being on vacation, uh...I gained a few pounds back? :oops: I had fast food on the road, larger-than-normal portions at restaurants, extra desserts for my birthday, and of course, pretty much no exercise at all. Sheesh. It was so disappointing to see the number on the scale today (126.4 if you must know). I could make all sorts of excuses for why it is hard to stay motivated (especially with school starting again tomorrow) but the truth is that I KNOW that I just have to get back on the horse. I need to actually COUNT calories again and get back to REGULAR exercise. It's been too easy lately to get up in the morning and say "I'll do it this afternoon" and then in the afternoon say "I'm so tired, I swear I'll do it tomorrow." *sigh*

Since I've been out of town for a while, SO and I are in the same-ish place. Shortly before I left he did something very, very hurtful and I told them that it officially emptied me out, that I had nothing left to give him and that I couldn't stand to be hurt any more. He pulled out the big guns with apologies and begged for one more chance, and promised that for a while I didn't have to give him anything and he would just take care of me. I agreed to it, and he instantly started putting into play all the things I'd been asking for. Then I left, but when I got back I called him and let him know I had a lot of work to do, and the next morning he stopped by my apartment just to bring me a Diet Dr. Pepper from Sonic (my recent addiction) and a beautiful yellow flower that has since bloomed a second flower. Since he has been very kind and thoughtful, I invited him over for dinner tonight. I'm still a little...hesitant? ambivalent?...but it's been very nice to finally feel like the apple of his eye.

Katey, CONGRATS on reaching your goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: I hope you'll stick around and tell us about the maintenance phase (especially since I clearly blew it and could use advice on how to not get too comfortable and then start letting too many calories slip into the day's meals).

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Thanks Unlucky! Yes I'm sticking around!!

Maintenence on Weight Watchers is interesting. It went from 29 points to 35 points a day and my weekly allowance stayed the same. I really don't come near my 35 points though. I was fine at 29 and I'm terrified to eat more and gain weight. On the plus side, as I get used to maintence I have apparently gone down another pound to 118! :bigsmile:

This week is going to be tricky for exercising because grad school is killing me but I'm trying to stay focused. I've done a complete makeover on myself though which has been fun. I took my tax return and treated myself to LASIK, chopped my hair off, and got some new clothes. I've been getting a lot of compliments lately which is nice and I'm holding myself more confidently which I have seriously lacked over the last 2 years.

This weekend I have my good friends wedding and I'm happy to show off my new dress and killer calf muscles in heels. :bigsmile:

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Way to go katey!! Sounds like you will do great at maintaining your weight!

Unlucky, I'm glad you stopped by! I guess I didn't realize that you would be gone all week for the Hanson thing so I was starting to get worried. And don't feel too bad about gaining a few back, it happens and I'm sure you will get right back into the swing of things soon! Keep us in the know about things with your SO. It sounds like this could go either way depending on how much he is willing to change/not change.

Well I have no clue what happened this week, but I stayed the same exact weight! :mad: I worked out more than I did last week and I feel like I ate better. Saturday was my grad party and I made sure not to overindulge. Though, I did have some alcohol. I know it has a lot of calories, but could it really have been enough to keep me from losing weight? Whatever it was, hopefully it won't happen again this week. I had been doing mainly cardio workouts like running and the elliptical. This week I'm going to start working back into doing the 30 Day Shred video. As much as that thing kills me, I just love it! Plus, I know it's helpful to gain more muscle to help you burn even more calories.

I have also considered starting Weight Watchers. I would probably just do it online. I'm not too big on going to the meetings. I have just seen so many people succeed with it. I am going to start looking into it today and see if it's something that would be worth the money to me.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Hi ladies, sorry I missed the Sunday check-in again. I was out of town again and am just getting back home. To be honest I've not gotten on the scale a second time after seeing last week that I'd gained a few pounds back. I did cut back on the junk I was eating but still was not counting calories or exercising. This weekend with traveling, though, I ate some bad-for-me stuff so I fear I may have gained 1 or 2 more. I'm going to work really hard this week and then force myself to weigh on Sunday, hopefully making a small dint before I see a number. I'm starting to feel ugh again, like feeling heavier and larger and more tired, so I do feel pretty motivated to get my crap together starting tomorrow. I also intend to make some serious lifestyle changes in the next couple of weeks that basically amount to getting in some "me" time, something I've not done in the last 2 years or so, and that should get me out of the lazy funk and back to exercising. (Obviously I take trips and stuff, but traveling for me is always rushed and exhausting and I'm learning through feeling burnout that "me" time needs to be more like a daily activity than a once-every-4-months activity.)

Katey, any chance of you posting some before and after pictures? :naughty:

MayFlowers, I forget, have you taken your measurements? That may tell you more about how your body is reacting to diet/exercise than the scale. I should really do that 30DS thing. Is it just one DVD? I don't want to spend a lot of money but I can clearly see that if there's not a gym class for strength training (and there aren't during the summer at my gym), I don't do it, so maybe having a DVD with some instruction would be helpful for me.

In other news, SO has been absolutely wonderful to me during the last couple of weeks, and they have been hard weeks with fair amounts of crying so I'm glad he's stepped up since I've been especially sensitive. At this point I think we would both say we are back together, but I am still trying to keep things moving at a slow pace so I haven't talked with him about moving back in. In my head, though, I've toyed with the idea of seeing how things go for the month of June, and then asking him if he'd like to move back in in Juy if things continue to go well. That way we will have 2 months to see how it goes before I have to give my apartment people word about whether I will re-sign my lease (which itself is 2 months before I'd have to move out so I'd still have time to look for an apartment). So I'm optimistic but want to be sure about things before moving forward too quickly.

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Completely forgot to jump on the scale on Sunday but not much has changed except I haven't worked out as much. Grad school is just sucking the life out of me and that comes first! It's also been ridiculously hot/humid and my gym has no AC so I'd rather not die! I know I need to keep the pace I have going to maintain all my hard work! Hopefully I'll get a break soon.

Since I dropped so much weight I actually haven't been anywhere to take pictures until recently. This is my first attempt at posting pics so bear with me here. The before shot was taken last June around when I was at my heaviest (pushing 150lbs). The after shot was taken on Saturday at my friends wedding. I got SO many compliments from people who haven't seen me in awhile. A lot of asking "where the rest of me went" haha but all positive. Looking at the before shot makes me a little sick actually, haha. Anyway, that's the best I can do for right now! :bigsmile:

Kate BeforeAfter.JPG

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Yay pictures!! And what a transformation! Not just of the weight loss of course. But yeah you look FANTASTIC; congrats on all your hard work!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Unlucky, I took them at the beginning but I haven't taken them again yet. I should probably do that and I think I will next week. The 30DS is just one DVD with three different sessions on it according to intensity. I have never gotten past the first level because that is plenty hard for me. Ideally, I would like to do 30 days on level one, 30 days on level two, etc. and see how much improvement I have. It has always been a difficult video for me and I'm always really sore after day one. But, I have found that even if I am really sore, if I push through day two, it really helps to actually alleviate some of the soreness.

Katey, you look great!! I love before and after pictures! They are such an inspiration and mine always make me feel proud. Now I'm ready to get some better before and after pictures of myself.

As for my weight check-in this week, I have not weighed myself. Last week was really rough emotionally, dealing with some issues with the passing of BF's brother still. So, I definitely did not eat the greatest and I didn't get in any good workouts. Then Saturday was BF's cousin's bachelorette party and I drank a lot so I know that did not help either. My goal this week is to get back into the routine of things and hopefully the number on the scale next time will be the same or lower as last week's weigh-in.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

MayFlowers ((((hugs))))). Be forgiving of yourself and eating/exercise routines while you're going through this rough time. This is one of those times where you take care of you and BF, and soak in all the love and support you can, and let the rest of your life fall back into place when its time. Just curious, now that you've graduated, what are you up to? Looking at grad school? Searching for a job? Hanging out and enjoying the summer?

It's hella hot here. In the mid-upper 90s and humid. Ugh. Another reason I exercise pretty much exclusively indoors. I looked into the 30DS but I haven't bought it. I think I'd enjoy the challenge--and if it worked I'd certainly enjoy the ripped body--but my apartment just isn't a good place to do it. It's spacious, but it's carpeted everywhere but the kitchen and bathroom. I've found when I try to exercise in here that I can't balance as well on the carpet as I do on a floor, even though the carpet isn't very thick. Not sure why it is, but I'll hold off on 30DS until I can find a good place to do it (or perhaps I can buy a big flat surface of some kind?).

That said, I did exercise AND stay at 1500 calories/day since posting Monday night! Exercised 4 of the 5 days, in fact. I didn't weigh myself Monday night because I was scared the number would have gone up from 126.4 the week before and figured I'd be on my best behavior this week to hopefully put a dint in the number before weighing today. Well on Friday, I couldn't help it--just by eating well and exercising a few days, I felt better, skinnier, more toned--isn't that crazy? It had only been a few days! But I felt good so I weighed and came in at 126.6, so about the same as before (still a bit of a shock since I had been weighing in at 121 before, but at least also a bit of a relief to have not gained, or to have gained and lost). Anywho this morning I weighed in at 126.0, so I've gone down a half pound since Friday.

It's not much, but it's the small nudge in the right direction that helps me to stay motivated. Hopefully I can get myself back down to about 120 and park it there PERMANENTLY. Such a struggle when there are so many delicious things to eat in the world. (The Griddle Cafe in Los Angeles, one of Hanson's favorite places to eat, sold red velvet pancake mix as a fundraiser for the Japan earthquake. My mom bought some, so while I was home last week we had red velvet pancakes with cream cheese icing--so basically cake for breakfast. It was delicious so now there's a whole jar of mix calling my name! Must. Resist. Temptation.)

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Unlucky, I'm glad you've gotten back on track and I'm sure you will be back at 120 soon. Also, 30DS does require some jumping so if you live on a second floor apartment, you might want to consider that too. I usually end up going down to our basement to do 30DS because if I don't, I feel like I'm shaking the whole house :lol:

Now that I have graduated, I am searching for a job and I'm also working with a summer care program too. I have applied to at least 10 jobs in my surrounding counties. I may have as much as an hour's commute ahead of me (depending on where BF and I move). But, personally, I would much rather have a job and have to spend more money in gas than not have a job. I actually have my first interview this afternoon and I'm terribly nervous. I have been spending a lot of time preparing for it and I should really be preparing right now instead of being on PS. But, I needed a break.

Things have still been really rough for BF and I. His cousin got married this past weekend and it was really hard on him since his brother wasn't there. He is still very much hurt by everything and misses him every day. We have been visiting his brother's FI and his nieces every weekend. It's been difficult being there without his brother. Sometimes it still feels like he will just walk through the door or that you will hear his unmistakable laugh somewhere in the house. His brother's FI is having a difficult time (obviously) and her family hasn't really been around to help support her, so we have been doing our best to help.

So, with all that, I still haven't been concerned about eating/exercising. I stepped on the scale and I have gained 3 pounds. I hated seeing that. Tomorrow I'm going to start trying to get back into the routine of things. My parents got a pool. So, I plan to do 30DS and a little on the elliptical and then lay out by the pool until it's time for me to go to work. It's been really unusually hot here too, which is why I don't think I will be running anytime soon. I'm going to stick to the indoor workouts for now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results