shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW Bootcamp

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Bridal Bootcamp anyone?

Weighing in yesterday I was 155 (minus 2 since last post!)

Mayflowers, Thinking that people would think I looked silly was why I hated going to the gym! It's a really tough thing to get over, but you just have to remember that no one is going to care what you are doing at the gym unless you just took the last treadmill :)

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

So, I did go to the gym this week, but I didn't work out there. I only went and got my permanent membership card made. I have gotten a bad cough (the danger of working in a school) and I just don't think that doing cardio would do me any good. Plus, people would probably stare at me more then because I would be hacking up a lung while running on a treadmill :lol:

The good part is that when I went to get my card made, I didn't feel uncomfortable at all! May be a different story once I go to actually work out, since I don't know where anything is. Hopefully they will have someone who can show me around.

Now a question for you all. I weighed in this morning on two different scales, only about 15 minutes apart and there was a 2 lb difference! So, which scale do I go by? On one scale I weighed in at 153 and the other said 155. Obviously I like the lower number, but then I wonder if that is really what I weigh or if the other one is accurate?

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock

I'd say stick with the with the scale you've been using, you have to be consistent to measure real loss.

I'm 155 this morning, but with a party last night and tonight and that time of the month, I know any measurements this weekend are just going to make me sad. Lol

langzi

Rough_Rock

Поздравляем всех

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

If both scales show the same amount of loss (e.g., if one scale shows a 2-lb difference from the last time you weighed, and then the second scale shows the same 2-lb difference), then I'd use the one that has the smaller number. ;-) It doesn't *really* matter which is right--no one's going to shoot you if you say you weigh a couple pounds less than you do! And for just keeping track of your own loss, as long as they show the same difference, shouldn't matter. :)

Not much to report on my end. I actually haven't weighed myself in a little while, but I don't think my weight has changed. Still been busy, had a cold for a while, so I haven't exercised in a bit. Really looking forward to this semester being over and having the chance at a fresh start soon. I hate exercising, but I miss being as toned as I was at the end of the spring semester! My goal for next semester is to get toned again (and then NOT QUIT next summer!).

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock

I keep using the same scale, but I don't know weather to believe it or not. I'm at 153.5 today, which is 8.5 down from my high and only .5 above my goal of a pound a week. I feel a bit slimmer, but no wonder it was easy to put on those pounds, the difference isn't very dramatic! Maybe once I get into the 15 range it'll seem like a bigger difference?

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

**Sigh** So it's been two months since I posted to this thread, and several weeks since I even logged into PS. Not surprising that one of my New Year's resolutions is to get back on this bandwagon! I've started my dissertation research, and have since formed all sorts of bad habits--stopped taking my vitamins, stopped flossing, started drinking more caffeine and sugary drinks and less water, and have mostly stopped exercising, though I did still exercise once a week or so during the fall semester (but not at all in the month of December). I'm more run down than ever these days, so I've taken the last few days "off" and am ready to commit to good health practices again. Anyone with me???

My pants have gotten very, very tight, and my body has grown and become flabby. I stayed off the scales for weeks, not able or ready to face what I thought would be a horrid truth. I forced myself on this morning, and was actually a bit surprised to see I only weighed 133. I really thought it would be closer to 140. It's now very amazing to me that I have only gained about 4 pounds since I last weighed; it's amazing that so little weight can be distributed in a way that feels so awful to me.

My goal is to lose some weight, perhaps down to 125 or so, but more importantly, I want to take my vitamins, floss, drink more water, get back to eating healthy, exercise, and get toned. When I was home for the holidays I saw a photo of myself from this summer, when I was more toned than I'd ever been in my life, and I really miss that! So I'm recommitting to running, strength training, and spin classes.

I'm sorry to everyone here that I stopped supporting when I got busy and stopped checking in. I see y'all have basically stopped posting, too. I hope all of you are well and just busy. :)

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Welcome back Unlucky! I have gotten really busy myself with the two jobs and have also kind of "let things go". BF got me that gym membership and I'm sad to say I didn't go back and work out until about 3 weeks ago. I decided to go to a spin class instead of working on the machines. I really enjoyed it and I have been back several times to go to their spin classes. Eventually I need to get on one of their treadmills. I just don't know how to use them and I am so afraid of looking like a fool. :oops:

Like I said, I have started to step things back up since the week after Thanksgiving. Two friends of mine decided they wanted to start getting back into shape too. So, the three of us each bought a workout video and we would get together after work and do it together at work. It was going really great and though we have lost the steam we had in the beginning, I wouldn't say that we are doing badly. One of the girls dropped out, but that is because she usually gets off work before us and it's just too much of a hassle for her to go home for an hour and then come back up to work out with us. The other girl I work out with got a trial membership to my gym and she has gone to a few of the spin classes with me. It really helps to have someone to do all this with. She really helps to keep me motivated.

However, I really haven't seen the weight loss I have wanted to see. I got up to my absolute heaviest I have ever been during the Thanksgiving weekend- 161 lb. :oops: I was really horrified by the number considering I really didn't eat all that bad. I think part of it was because I was on steroids at the time because I had really bad lung inflammation. Once I got off the steroids, I also started working out and eating better and I dropped 5 pounds in one week. Haven't seen much of a change since then though. I fluctuate between 155 and 157 throughout the week. I have been weighing myself usually on Tuesdays and Fridays.

I'm really feeling gross with myself and I'm ready to get back into shape and into smaller sizes. I just need to find the time to do it. I need to really set a plan for going to the gym because most days I will have to go before I go into my first job.

Unlucky, I'm glad to hear from you and I'm totally with you to recommit to this again!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Alrighty MayFlowers let's do it! :)

Yesterday I went to the gym for 30 minutes of cardio, drank four glasses of water, took my vitamin, and didn't have any snacks. Feels good to have one day down!

MisakiChan

Rough_Rock

Oh, this sounds so exciting! I think I'm going to join you, UnluckyTwin! :D

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock

I wanted to keep posting, but was waiting for someone else to join in with me :)

I'm at 155, which is great considering how bad I was over December. Back to work tomorrow and back on the bandwagon! Goal weight 140, high weight 162.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Yay, a new team!

Things not going so well here... my partner's grandfather died yesterday, so it's been a whirlwhind of "drop everything and make arrangements." So three days in, the plan is out the window, and yesterday I ate the most random things. I'm sure today won't be much better (though I had boiled egg whites and Greek yogurt for breakfast and have pre-packed my lunch of whole wheat spaghetti with homemade sauce), and we leave for Pennsylvania tomorrow where I will have little control over what I eat until Monday. The good news is that I am down 1 pound since the last four days; perhaps just cutting out all the holiday junk food was enough to kick-start things, who knows. So much for settling down after holiday travel. Life doesn't stop, does it?

Good luck to all of you this week, I'll check in after we get back from PA, if not before.

MisakiChan

Rough_Rock

I'm sorry for your loss, UnluckyTwin! Yeah, I guess life doesn't stop.
Anyway, congrats on your -1 pound; that means you're doing great. Don't worry, a few days won't affect you that much.
I look forward to hearing from you.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Unlucky, I'm sorry for you and your SO's loss. I know how hard that is. That's good that you lost a pound though. Forgot to weigh myself today, will probably do it tomorrow morning, but on Tuesday I was still 156. This week hasn't been too great because I had to go back to work this week after the 2 week Christmas break. So, I am exhausted and haven't been as motivated to work out. I read a People magazine this week about people who lost half their body weight. It was really inspiring and helped motivate me. There were some really great stories in it!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Well, we are back from the funeral. That was an incredibly hard week. Everyone was so sad. We all got so little sleep. And of course people are so generous to bring food by the house, but ALL they brought were sweets. For 4-5 days, I had two vegetable sandwiches and one meal of Indian food (read: more veggies), but every single other meal was bread, cheese, and pastries. By the end of the week we were all just exhausted and a bit malnourished. So it's no surprise that I got on the scale today and saw I am up to 134.6, but that stings a bit. Sigh.

MisakiChan

Rough_Rock

Oh well, it does happen. But it doesn't matter too much. I think you're very determined now and you'll really succeed!

Seattle SC

Shiny_Rock

It's nice to see some movement back on this thread again! I'll admit, since the holidays, I've been 100% off the bandwagon. I've gone up to my recent highest, 160, but due to a lovely occurrance of stomach flu, I was 156 this morning.

Might I also be one to add that stress will kill you. I've been on and off sick for over a month and I attribute that to the fact that my immune system is more focused on my stressors than keeping me healthy. A few months ago I decided to take on a difficult goal to try and raise a significant amount of funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society while in turn training for a triathlon. Since then, I've been sick, mom's been diagnosed with cancer and SO lost his job. I'm sure if I were a few years older, I'd probably be suffering from a heart attack instead. I'd love to give everyone some tips on how to relax and not stress so much, but I've got nothing.

In some more uplifting news - the holiday sweets are finally gone. I think I ate them all :)

I'm sure we're pretty much all in the same boat when it comes to the holiday goodies, being glad that they're no longer sneaking around the cupboards at work and in our homes. I feel like I can finally focus more on eating healthy and hopefully getting better. I will admit though, chocolate was one of the few things that tasted good while I was still sick. Go figure. :roll:

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock

Hooray! My body is finally back to losing weight after the holidays. 154 this morning after a week of actually eating breakfast (yogurt), bringing a sensible lunch to work, and going to the gym twice. A loss of 1/2 a pound, but I had been holding steady at 154.5 and was getting frustrated :)

You'd think with the holidays being over the sweets would stop, but people keep bringing my boss sweets this week (he was out last week) for the new year... which translates to sweets in the office AGAIN.

On another matter... Is there any way we can start a new sticky with the title "PRE-bridal bootcamp"? I feel silly posting in a bridal thread when I'm a LIW.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Maebelle, perhaps if we contact an admin, they can change the thread title rather than replacing it with a new sticky thread?

Well, I didn't really do much in the way of weight loss this week. I watched what I ate and didn't overeat, but I didn't count calories or exercise. I mostly spent the week getting into the swing of the new semester and testing out my new schedule. Gym classes at school start Tuesday, and I'm grocery shopping today for healthy meals and snacks for this week. This semester at the gym I'll be doing a cardio/weights boot camp, a spin class, and a pilates/yoga class, which makes three classes a week; I suspect that will be enough to lose weight and I won't need to force myself to go to my home gym, yay!

Weighed in this morning at 134.0, which is about a half-pound down from last time, but really not through any work of my own. I'm going to consider this my starting weight, will be happy when I get down to 125, and then will re-evaluate whether I want to aim for 120. So my first goal is just 9 pounds--I can do it!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Little mid-week check-in. My weight has gradually decreased each day this week from 134.0 on Sunday to 132.0 today. The best part? I haven't even done much to deserve it! Have watched what I've been eating, counting calories again, and did a yoga-pilates class yesterday, but have not been as "strict" as I need to be, so it's funny to me that I'm starting to shed. Perhaps those holiday treats were just so much worse than I imagined!

The sucky news? I went to the dentist yesterday and learned I need to have all 4 wisdom teeth removed. I'm absolutely terrified of this, words can't even express it, so I'm trying to make light of it by imagining that I can "easily" lose a couple of pounds while I'm only on liquids the day or two or three after, haha.

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock

I was 153 this morning, so another lb drop! I've been working out more consistently. I love reading my new kindle on the ellipical, it keeps me motivated!

Unlucky, I wish I had something to say other than I'm sorry! about your wisdom teeth. I know many people who have had theirs out and they were fine, they said you couldn't feel a thing. I have been arguing with my dentist for years about keeping mine. She wants to take at least one out because it is not fully erupted (still half covered by my gums). I think taking the whole tooth out is a rather drastic measure when the issue is that it can be hard to clean back there.

I also contacted the Admins about the title change, we'll see how it goes

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Hooray! A (more) fitting title!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats to both of you on your losses!! Unlucky, I'm sorry about your wisdom teeth. My have never given me much trouble. The bottom two have come in, almost all the way, and the other two have never bothered me. As for healing, I've seen both sides of it. My sister was miserable for around 3-4 days (but she can be just a *tad* dramatic about pain :roll: ). A teacher I worked with last year had it done over a three day weekend and she was back to school on the Tuesday after. She had it done on a Friday. She wasn't swollen or anything! Haven started a thread on having her wisdom teeth taken out https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wisdom-teeth-out-now-or-next-week.161449/

So I haven't weighed myself yet this week. It has been a crazy week for me, so it just hasn't been on my mind in the mornings.

I imagine I'm still somewhere around the same weight though. I have been watching what I eat, but haven't counted calories or gone to the gym enough. I found a bunch of pictures of myself from high school and college when I was at my thinnest and it's so motivating to see those!

I started a new phase to my job this week. I don't know if you all remember, but last October I took a part time job at a school doing intense small group work with low level students to help improve their reading and math skills. Well, with that job (since it would only be funded for a small amount of time) I was promised to be a teacher's long term sub when she left for maternity leave. Well she had the baby this week. So, I got to start subbing on Wednesday. My pay doubles (hooray! :) ) but I do have to wake up an hour earlier to get there. It's really been great though. I love being there all day with the same group of kids and they are really a great class. But, now that I have started that I have taken a leave of absence from my second job, which frees up my time in the afternoons to go to the gym!!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
Okay, weighing in at 133.0 this week, down 1 pound from last week, but really, I haven't done much to earn it, and just two days ago it was 134.6, so I think this is just regular fluctuation stuff. I'll be doig gym classes three times a week this semester, but Monday's class was cancelled for MLK Day and during Friday's class I ended up having to do some emergency babysitting (really, NOT a regular thing at all), so I only made it to one class. I also have a cold, so I didn't take it upon myself to do anything in my home gym. Ate pretty decently, but didn't count calories.

MayFlowers, congrats on your job! :) And maebelle, congrats on your loss! :)

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on the loss, what did you decide about your teeth?

I was 152.5 this morning. 9.5 pound down from my high of 162. I want the round 10 SO BAD!

It's funny, the next milestone will be 150, which is apparently the weight I was when I originally posted to this thread, I guess it took twelve (!?) pounds for me to finally kick me in the pants!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
UGH!!!!! So, I finally decided to weigh myself this morning....160.5 :oops: I don't know how I let this happen. This is my absolute highest weight. I'm really starting to feel disgusting, especially when I think back to when I was 135 and I would reflect on my weight loss (from the first time around) and how I couldn't believe I had ever let myself get like that. Well, here I am again.

So, this week is going to be like boot camp. I have eaten pretty well already today and now I'm headed to the gym for spin class. See ya'll later!

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Mayflowers, it seems like we're are right around the same weight range. My high was 162 and I was able to re-lose weight faster than the first time I lost it, so don't be discouraged!

Have fun at spin class!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
Maebelle, got the round 10 this week? :)

Weighing in at 132.8 today, so virtually no change from last week's 133.0. I did make it to TWO of my three classes this week (yoga/pilates and spin), so I'm slowly inching towards a better fitness routine. It's hard for me because I'm really involved in our local Occupy group and studying it for my dissertation, so I hate to miss being there on Monday/Wednesday nights (when we have two important meetings), which is when the third class is offered. I should also confess that I am still not counting calories and, while I've been keeping a better eye on what I eat, I still indulge in things like hot chocolate at night. Le sigh.

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
I just weighed in at 151.5 (10.5 down!) :)

I have been working out and now I actually feel slimmer instead of just weighing less. I think the next step is to be better about bringing lunch, so I'm not tempted to get something not-so-healthy.

Not indulging in Hot chocolate is my big thing too! Counting calories really does help, it's not hard if you use one of the websites that are all over, and then I always know if I have enough calories "left" for hot chocolate.

It's really cool that you are involved in your local occupy movement, with work and school I (and now the gym) I feel too busy to volunteer regularly, and it doesn't help that the place I used to docent at is having financial trouble and is open very randomly. Less opportunities to volunteer. :(

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Weighing in at 157! That's a 3.5lb loss! I'm very proud of myself for my work last week. I really watched what I ate, but didn't necessarily count all my calories, and worked out when I could. Hoping to keep the momentum going this week!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results