shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1315315571|3010624 said:
Princess Charlene & Prince Albert at the Internation Year of Forests (WWF) Charity Ball in Geneva. She is wearing a COLOR and, I presume, big diamond hoops. I do hope she eventually arrives at a little more flash in dress & especially jewels!

Those hoops look insane...would love to see them closer up!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Imdanny|1315288681|3010513 said:
"Impressive sapphire and diamond demi-parure, Mellerio dits Meller, circa 1870. The property of H.S.H. Prince Carlo Della Torre E Tasso. Formerly from the Collections of Princess Marie Bonaparte and Princess Eugenie of Greece and Denmark. photo Sotheby's"

http://elogedelart.canalblog.com/tag/ruby/p30-0.html

That's a most splendid demi-parure, Danny! These sapphires and the pearl devant-de-corsage are (IMO) among the most beautiful jewels that a Greek royal owned/wore.
Also part of the set are a brooch/clasp with a very large cabochon sapphire, a bracelet and a ring (though it appears that thelast two weren't sold). Perhaps the most notable occasion at which they were all worn was Elizabeth II's Coronaton in 1953.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
laurensmama|1315268422|3010330 said:
Bobby, would love to see the photos of the Queens with the Napoleonic parures if you can post it. Thanks.

I'd gladly post one, but my files are in a bit of a mess now and I'm not sure if I can find the photo.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The Queen of Denmark, accompanied by the Prince Consort and The Crown Prince, today arrived in Russia for a State Visit. HM & TRH were received by President Medvedev & Mrs. Medvedeva. There's going to be (or rather was, as it's already past 00.00 in Moskva) a State Banquet in the evening, though I've not seen photos (yet).
The Queen wore her great-grandmother's sapphire and diamond brooch and earrings with blue stones (also sapphires?). HM also wore a pearl strand twisted around her neck.

The arrival at the airport
SVDkRu2011_1.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0dnsctK8foduI/x610.jpg

In Kremal:
SVDkRu2011_2.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/03i58rK7yk5QG/610x.jpg

As you can see, two similar outfits and the same jewels were worn at both events.
Here one can find more large and clear shots from the day: http://www.b.dk/billedeserier/dronningen-paa-russisk-charmeoffensiv
I wonder if HM is gong to tour the Diamond Fund privately?

Boby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1315341917|3010940 said:
The Queen of Denmark, accompanied by the Prince Consort and The Crown Prince, today arrived in Russia for a State Visit. HM & TRH were received by President Medvedev & Mrs. Medvedeva. There's going to be (or rather was, as it's already past 00.00 in Moskva) a State Banquet in the evening, though I've not seen photos (yet).

Boby

I saw some footage from the banquet and I dare say I was quite disappointed... The man wore suites and ties, whle the ladies were in long dresses. HM wore the same dark blue gown and white top as at Nathalie's wedding this year. Of course no tiaras and it was difficult to see what jewels The Queen had on her.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
It appers that in this BUNTE cover HSH The Princess of Monaco (Grace) wore a beautiful set of necklace and earrings in cab emerlalds and diamonds. But is anythyng known about them? I beleieve this is the only photo I've ever seen of Princess Grace with these jewels.

gracecabemeralds.jpg

*Needless to say that I'm in love with the set :)

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I had to giggle when I saw this heavily retouched image of Elizabeth II:
ElizII%20CabSapphires.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1315437345|3012090 said:

Wow, I never knew about the long-lost Cambridge sapphires !!! :lol:

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1315438242|3012110 said:
centralsquare|1315317779|3010646 said:
Those hoops look insane...would love to see them closer up!

Here you go!
34b.jpg
34h.jpg

Bobby

All I can say is "OUCH!" Do you think they have a hook to help with the weight like the earrings from CP Mary's ruby parure?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
P. Charlene's earrings are not my favorite. Oooh, the diamonds are bezeled. Detracts from the sparkle. Thanks for the close-up, Bobby. She can do better, imo, & I'll hope to see it.

Yes, a treat to see those famous Cambridge sapphires -- rarely brought out indeed! Funny.

--- Laurie

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1315441388|3012148 said:
All I can say is "OUCH!" Do you think they have a hook to help with the weight like the earrings from CP Mary's ruby parure?

I don't think they have a hook and I don't think they are that heavy. Lets think - there are 18 stones per earring with a total weight of about 20 carats (in my non-expert opinion), which is 4 grams. Add to that the weight of the metal and you might get about 10-12 grams per earring. I don't think this compares with the heavy Napoleonic earrings.

On another note, I think these earrings would make a very nice pair of bracelets, or even a short diamond necklace.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1315441293|3012143 said:

:lol:

PS: There is a parure in the British royal family that is commonly known as the Cambridge Sapphire parure. I bet you knoy what I'm talking about.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Tonight the last of this year's Represantation dinners was held at the Royal Palace in Stockholm. HM The Queen wore the Connaught tiara, the Vasa earrings, a diamond collet necklace with the Vasa diamond and the large rectangular diamond brooch. Save for the brooch, I think we see the rest of the jewels far too often... I hope HM will digg deeper in the vault and wear something long-unseen (the splendid emeralds, f.e.). And the hair-do... Where are the elaborate coiffures, Ma'am?
HRH The Crown Princess wore the Cut steel tiara, pearl pendant earrings and brooch. This tiara needs a special do (like at last year's Nobel Prizes) and not a semi-upswept hairdo . Just like with her mother's choices, we see these jewels often on the Crown Princess.

Bobby

Princess Dagmar

Rough_Rock
Re: Qu Anne Maries rubies

Thank you Bobby for your detailed reply about Queen Anne Maries rubies. I do apologise for my tardiness but I have been away.
Lorna Hogg I imagine would have sourced her information from somewhere reliable for Majesty magazine. One ruby per year sounds
more like it. And perhaps King Georges sister The Empress Maria Feodorovna may have helped out with the odd ruby as well.
Perhaps Olgas parents Grand Duke Konstantine and his wife Iosifina gave her the tiara. At any rate it is a lovely set and I do enjoy
seeing her wearing it. Rubies of that size I imagine would not have been too common either. Once again thank you for the info.

And many years ago I found info on the meander tiara worn to Prince Georgs wedding at the royal magazin site. It said that this tiara
belonged to Crown Princess Cecilie of Prussia. She was daughter-in-law of Kaiser Wilhelm II and a sister to Queen Alexandrine
of Denmark. Good to see it out being worn again in recent times.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1315441388|3012148 said:
All I can say is "OUCH!" /quote]

Yea - they look stunning but not very comfortable...almost awkwardly large.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

No problem, Dagmar! Nice to hear from you again.
To add to the discussion, here's a photo that I found some time ago labeled as Queen Olga of Greece, though to me this lady looks more like Elizaveta Feodorovna. The tiara and earrings the woman wears look like they might be an earlier version of the jewels in the Greek royal family, or at least are of similar design. What do you (everybody) think?
312ydza.jpg

BTW, Queen Olga's mother's name was Alexandra, not Iosifina. Iosifovna was the patrimonial, which is the form of address used in Russia. Her father was named Joseph ;-)

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

Princess Dagmar|1315563631|3013423 said:
And many years ago I found info on the meander tiara worn to Prince Georgs wedding at the royal magazin site. It said that this tiara
belonged to Crown Princess Cecilie of Prussia. She was daughter-in-law of Kaiser Wilhelm II and a sister to Queen Alexandrine
of Denmark. Good to see it out being worn again in recent times.

Yes, that's right :)
I'm rather surprised that there wasn't any Danish representation at the von Prußen-von Isenburg wedding, given the rather close blood link between the two families. Even Princess Benedikte, whose husband is the head of a German Princely House, (nor any of her children) were present. The last time I've seen a Prussian royal at a Danish royal event must've been at the 1967 wedding (in case I remember correctly and G-F didn't attend Fred & Mary's 2004 wedding), when the then Princess (nee GDss Kira Kirillovna of Russia) wore the Meander kokoshnik.

Bobby

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock

prince.of.preslav|1315602126|3013886 said:
No problem, Dagmar! Nice to hear from you again.
To add to the discussion, here's a photo that I found some time ago labeled as Queen Olga of Greece, though to me this lady looks more like Elizaveta Feodorovna. The tiara and earrings the woman wears look like they might be an earlier version of the jewels in the Greek royal family, or at least are of similar design. What do you (everybody) think?
312ydza.jpg

BTW, Queen Olga's mother's name was Alexandra, not Iosifina. Iosifovna was the patrimonial, which is the form of address used in Russia. Her father was named Joseph ;-)

Bobby

of course it cout be the same. I just remember that Ella sold her jewles to found her Convent. so why not sold to the Greek Olga - her siter-in-law?!.

In German TV they said (about Ann Maries BD ) that Benedikte has got engagements in Australia (for the danish court). so a point that she was not in Potsdam.

Princess Dagmar

Rough_Rock
You are quite correct, It is Grand Duchess Ella. And her laurel leaf tiara could have made its way to Olga after 1905.
The following was posted by Eric Lowe at Alexander Palace Forums on Ella's jewels.
Hope this info is of some help. :wink2:
GR DSS ELLA'S JEWELS by Eric Lowe AP forums
I think it would be impossible to get to see all Ella's jewels. She divided them into piles. 1 to her family in Darmstadt. mostly to be part of her dowery, that she wished to return to her own family. 2. back to the crown. Most likely part of the crown diamonds given to her. 3. to her wards, Dimitri and Marie (son and daughter of Grand Duke Paval). 4. sold to finance the new nunnary.
Aqua Marine of the Grand Duchess Elizabeth Fyodorovna

It is not known by whom the Grand Duchess received this set has, it could be, but a gift from her family, the Hessian Grand Dukes or directly from her brother. For it was this aquamarine set to her brother after she decided to enter the convent and dividing their jewelry

The necklace of Faberge designed is a line of nine aquamarines in step cut, the holders have a Mille Grain boundary and include the context of di 1896-1903. Länge 355mm Length 355mm

One bracelet, probably Faberge, it also worked to fit collar, like a line. Here, six pillow-shaped aquamarines and diamond bezels of roses, the loops have a pointed end and remember almost on flowers, is evident, however, a more cohesive image for the aquamarine bracelet. - Elizabeth Fyodorovna Grand Duchess Elisabeth Feodorovna - Elizabeth Fyodorovna
his impressive set of aquamarines and diamonds were once owned by Grand Duchess Sergius. his impressive set of aquamarine and diamonds were once owned by Grand Duchess Sergius. Queen Marie of Roumania wrote about her aunt: Queen Marie of Roumania wrote about her aunt:
'She was quite newly married her when beauty burst upon me as a marvelous revelation. Her loveliness was of what used to be called the 'angelic' child. Her eyes, her lips, her smile, her hands, the way she looked at you, the way she talked, the way she moved, all was exquisite beyond words, it almost brought tears to your eyes'

It was only your earthly beauty they were able to do away with, but the memory of your charm, your goodness, your loveliness live with us for ever like a star in the night. I was but a child when I so worshiped you, but your face was a revelation, I still have the picture of it is that no one can ever efface ugliness of life. Your end was tragic, abominable, not to be thought of, a blot on humanity, but you did exist _once_, and blood cannot wipe out the vision of you passing before me like a blessed apparition in your gown the colour of glaciers, color of aquamarine....'

A tiara of garland and ribbon bow design millegrain-set throughout with rose and cushion-shaped diamonds and decorated with five pear-shaped aquamarines within rose diamond borders. A tiara of garland and ribbon bow design mille grain-set throughout with rose and cushion-shaped diamonds and decorated with five pear-shaped aquamarine diamond rose within borders.

The necklace , by Faberge , designed as a line of nine step-cut aquamarines within millegrain-set rose diamond borders connected by cushion-shaped and rose diamond ribbon bow motifs, workmaster August Wilhelm Holmström 1896-1903. The necklace, by Faberge, designed as a line of nine step-cut aquamarine within mille grain rose diamond-set borders connected by cushion-shaped diamond and pink ribbon bow motifs, WorkMaster August Wilhelm Holmström 1896-1903. 355mm long 355mm long

A bracelet , probably by Faberge , designed as a line of six cushion-shaped aquamarines and rose diamond quatrefoil motifs. A bracelet, probably by Faberge, designed as a line of six cushion-shaped aquamarine and rose diamond quatrefoil motifs. 175 mm long. 175 mm long.

A pair of aquamarine and diamond earrings , each set with a cushion-shaped diamond surmount. A pair of aquamarine and diamond earrings, each set with a cushion-shaped diamond surmount. It was in a later fitted case by Koch Ffm/Baden-Baden. It was fitted in a later case by Koch Ffm / Baden-Baden.

This extremely attractive parure has a highly important and interesting historical provenance, as the family states that these jewels had once belonged to the Grand Duchess Elizabeth Feodorovna of Russia 1864-1918.
Born Princess of Hesse, Elizabeth married Sergei Alexandrovitch, Grand Duke of Russia and son of Alexander II, Emperor of Russia. Born Princess of Hesse, Elizabeth married Sergei Alexandrovitch, Grand Duke of Russia and son of Alexander II, Emperor of Russia. Her younger sister Alexandra was to become the wife of Tsar Nicholas II. in 1894, a marriage which the Grand Duchess greatly encouraged. Her younger sister Alexandra was to become the wife of Tsar Nicholas II in 1894, a marriage Which the Grand Duchess greatly encouraged. The Grand Duchess was a stunning beauty and her husband showered her with jewels. The Grand Duchess was a stunning beauty and her husband showered her with jewels.

They resided at the magnificent Belosseilsky Belosievksy Palace in St. Petersburg which was purchased for them by the Crown in 1884, and when she entertained, it was said: she would go upstais in the middle of the ball to change into a new dress, even more beautiful than the last and an even richer set of jewels.

The aquamarine and diamond parure described above was given to her brother the Grand Duke Ernst Ludwig of Hesse-Darmstadt.
Subsequently the parure was inherited by the Grand Duke's younger son Prince Ludwig of Hesse, thereafter it was given to his first cousin twice removed Her Highness Princess Dorothea of Hesse, on the occasion of her wedding on the 1st April 1959.
She later sold the parure at auction through Sotheby's London on the 10th October 1996.
Source: sothebys Source: Sothebys

Princess Dagmar

Rough_Rock
Re:Ellas Laurel leaf tiara

Grand Duchess Elizabeths [Ella] laurel leaf tiara certainly looks like it could be the one Queen Anne Marie now wears.
The laurel leaf was a popular design in the 19th century.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Princess Charlene is acquiring diamonds, lucky girl.

At the debut of Mont Blanc's new pen line "Collection Princess Grace," earrings & matching bracelet.

16260786838_7j4B2.jpg

212.jpg

16260882867_RBSQD.jpg

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1315659887|3014341 said:
Princess Charlene is acquiring diamonds, lucky girl.

At the debut of Mont Blanc's new pen line "Collection Princess Grace," earrings & matching bracelet.

:love:

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone have a better photo of the bracelet Princess Charlene is wearing? Thanks

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1315441293|3012143 said:
prince.of.preslav|1315437345|3012090 said:

me either!very rare...they change from green to blue when the queen leaves England!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
laurensmama|1315699754|3014714 said:
Does anyone have a better photo of the bracelet Princess Charlene is wearing? Thanks

Here is one -- I think this is the same bracelet combined w/one of yellow & white diamonds that matches earrings in the pic -- don't know what this occasion was.

The 2nd pic is small, shows how the bracelet sits on her wrist at least.

slide_26970_299683_huge.jpg

124180548.jpg

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1315745391|3014952 said:
laurensmama|1315699754|3014714 said:

Here is one -- I think this is the same bracelet combined w/one of yellow & white diamonds that matches earrings in the pic -- don't know what this occasion was.

The 2nd pic is small, shows how the bracelet sits on her wrist at least.

:love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results