shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

robinj

Shiny_Rock
HM Queen Silvia wearing Queen Sophias nine prong tiara and a rose flower brooch.

HKH Princess Madeleine is wearing the four button tiara and the Carl XVI Gustaf fringe as necklace. I''m not sure about the brooch. Is it another button?

robinj

Shiny_Rock
...and the picture.

HMSHKHMNobel09a.jpg

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2009 8:34:46 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav
I hate when I''m wrong! I must say that I didn''t think a lot before posting this. I just knew that Diana has worn the bracelet and that I originaly belonged to The Queen. Hence I assumed that it was a present from her mother-in-law. Next time I should think before posting anything.
Honestly, this bracelet didn''t get out of my mind the whole day.

Shadowed_rain, I hope the blizzard dosn''t cause many problems and that I''ll be soon over. I was surprised that HM''s wearing black, but I must agree with you that she looks very good. Can''t wait to see The PoW wearing the bracelet.

Laurensmama, here is the bracelet. As far as I know, it was commissioned by Elizabeth II from Garrards in 1982. I think it''s very elegant and I''m glad that HM wore it again.

Bobby
This bracelet is included in my favorite jewelry that Princess Diana wore on her travels.I believe it was first borrowed for the now famous Austalia trip she took with Prince Charles.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 7:42:25 AM
Author: Josefine
Date: 12/9/2009 5:23:57 PM

Thanks Josefine! I never belived that I'd say this, but the Six button tiara looks great on someone other than Princess Lilian. Do you know the story of the bacelet HRH wears? I think her mother has worn it too. It's also nice to see the diamonds in her hair rearranged now.

What's your prediction for tomorrow?

Bobby

Its great to see new official photos

and i hope there still be new after the wedding togather with daniel and by her self.

i thought the bracelet looked different then the one boris posted but baxter said also ot was the same

Thank you, Josefine! I know you had to ask this on RJWMB and I really appreciate your efforts to answer my question.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to those that got it (partly) right (myself included)!
36.gif

Now we can be almost sure that next year in June we'll see the Cameo tiara and The Leuchtenberg parure, while the buttons will stay home.
3.gif

Princess Victoria looked great as usual. I wish she had covered the base of the tiara with her hair, but that's not a big trouble. I didn't actually belive that we'll see her wearing the Six button tiara so soon after the new portrait was published. Here is a nice clear photo of The Crown Princess:

Victoria_Nobel_2009-11.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here is The Queen - I didn''t like the dress when she wore it in Denmark for the 2004 wedding, I don''t like it now either. It is nice, however, to see the pearl necklace, that Queen Victoria (nee Baden) frequently wore, out for such a grand occasion:

Silvia_Nobel_2009-1.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I know that Princess Madeleine wore the Four Button tiara. Is it the first time it adorns her head? I can''t remember other occasions.

And last is Princess Christina, Mrs. Magnuson, sitting next to Jonas Bergström, wearing The Cut steel tiara and a modern pearl necklace and matching earrings:

ChristinaNobel_2009-1.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Finally I found one of Madeleine - It's great to see her wearing a new to her tiara in such a nice way and it's always a plesure to see her mother's necklace/tiara. To sum up - the best appearance for the night (IMHO of a man). I hope we won't be disapointed tomorrow and that we'll see some improvement on The Queen.

Mad.09.Nobel.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
One more of Victoria, showing the gown amd the small brooch from the amethyst parure:

Vic.09.Nobel.jpg

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Nobel, Day two.

Queen Silvia in the ruby tiara, the diamond necklace that used to be a corsage and that Princess Lillian usally wears and the brazilian diamond brooch.

SilviaNobel2.jpg

Christiana

Shiny_Rock
Both Princesses, Victoria and Madeleine, as well as their mother, Queen Silvia, look wonderful!

Personally, I never liked the Six-button tiara, but it looks great on CP Victoria. And more...shiny. They cleaned it, perhaps?
20.gif

The amethyst set is gorgeous. I didn''t remember the amethyst brooch, so thanks for sharing the photos
1.gif

robinj

Shiny_Rock
I''ve never been a fan of neither of the button tiaras, but I must say they look good this year.. maybe it''s because one''s getting used to them, or maybe it''s because they know how to wear them nowadays.

25.gif

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2009 11:22:00 AM
Author: Christiana
Both Princesses, Victoria and Madeleine, as well as their mother, Queen Silvia, look wonderful!

Personally, I never liked the Six-button tiara, but it looks great on CP Victoria. And more...shiny. They cleaned it, perhaps?
20.gif

The amethyst set is gorgeous. I didn''t remember the amethyst brooch, so thanks for sharing the photos
1.gif

Hi, Christiana,

The amethyst parure (there is also a tiara) has two brooches. At this year''s Nobel prize ceremony The Crown Princess wore the smaller one, usually worn at the back, securing the sash. The larger brooch has a pear-shaped pendant, that is sometimes suspendet from the necklace (two bracelets).

I''d like to ask something - Is it just me, or Victoria really wore the necklace with the smaller stones in front, while the larger amethysts were at the back?

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here is a picture of Princess Madeleine from the ''Day after gala''. The princess wore a diamond collet necklace with a pearl and diamond pendant, mostly worn as a brooch, and one of the long diamond necklaces as a headband in her hair (last year the CP also wore it). HRH also wore the earrings and brooch from the previous night:

20091211.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Crown Princess Victoria at the same occasion - The Cut steel tiara, empty frame of the Vasa earrings and a brooch with a pearl and large diamonds. I was a bit diasapointed from the choice of jewels - the tiara was worn by Princess Christina the previous night and the earrings weren''t the best ones to go with it.

200912112.jpg

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
That ''button tiara'' reminds me of diamond lollipops!
18.gif
2.gif

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/14/2009 2:14:51 PM

Hi, Christiana,

The amethyst parure (there is also a tiara) has two brooches. At this year''s Nobel prize ceremony The Crown Princess wore the smaller one, usually worn at the back, securing the sash. The larger brooch has a pear-shaped pendant, that is sometimes suspendet from the necklace (two bracelets).

I''d like to ask something - Is it just me, or Victoria really wore the necklace with the smaller stones in front, while the larger amethysts were at the back?

Bobby
I don''t know if I''m imaginening this now, but it acually looks like it..... You are playing games with my head now!
19.gif

There was some critique of HRH CP Victorias hairdo and someone said that she should be wearing her hair out, while she was young and save the regal hairdo''s for later, but I think she has the perfect hair for a Queen in the making.

nyh-Nobelvictoria_600.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Thank for confirming that, Robin! That's an interesting way to experimentalize, I think.

Changing the topic from the Bernedottes to their Spanish cousins (and friends) - The Vietnamese president payed a State Visit to Spain. Surprisingly at the State Banquet he wore white tie, contrary to the suit he wore in Norway last year. The Queen wore the Mellerio Floral tiara, a necklace with large pearls (? Queen Mercedes's pearls ?) and Queen VE's pearl brooch. The Princess of Asturias (as usual) wore the Hanoverian tiara.

20091214_vietnam_cena_1.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I don''t wan''t to be too critical and I know some will desagree, but a tiara and loose hair look a bit odd. I think it''s time someone tells Letizia to do something with her hair. This is a State Banquet and she''s wearing an important familly tiara after all. Look at Princess Madeleine and the Four button tiara this year - still not an elaborate up-do like her sister''s, but certainly not loose hair.

Anyway, here is a closer look at The Princess'' tiara, fleur-de-lis brooch and a bracelet with diamond bars. I''m not sure about the earrings, but I think she''s wearing the diamond chandeliers.

2009-1214-spain-letizia.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Tmara from The RJWMB has posted three great closeups from the Banquet in Madrid. They''re really worth seeing. Here is a link - Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Re: Letizia and Sofia at Gala dinner in Madrid.

Another royal event - On 14 December The Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Denmark hosted a reception at Amalienborg for mayors and other officials from all over the world.
Michael Bloomberg, The Mayor of New York City, presented The Crown Prince with a well known blue box. I''m curious to understand what was in....perhaps a new watch or a pair of cuff-links?

PPE09121451.jpg

Christiana

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/14/2009 2:14:51 PM

Date: 12/12/2009 11:22:00 AM
Author: Christiana

20.gif

1.gif

Hi, Christiana,

Bobby
Hello Bobby,

Thank you for the precious info! You are one of the most knowledgable people on this board. Personally, I always enjoy your posts.

About Victoria''s necklace: I think you''re right. The amethysts seem larger as they go up. Weird, huh?
9.gif

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Hi!! Mt first post.

I just want to thank everyone who contributed to this absolutely gorgeous thread. I''m enjoying it both as a history major AND major jewelry lover. I especially loved Eizabeth I''s secret portrait ring. I was watching The Virgin Queen with Ann Marie Duff and after she died her ministers found this ring and opened it up. I had no idea that was based in fact!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Christiana. It''s always a pleasure to hear something like this.
P.S. You have a very nice avatar. It was a signal to me that Christmas has (almost) arrived.

Maybe you''ve already heard that on 16th December Queen Margrethe II of Denmark & The Prince Consort, The CP couple and Prince Joachim & Princess Marie attended a gala performance for guests of The UN Climate Change Conference at The Royal Danish Theatre.
Here is a photo of The Queen arriving at the performance. HM is wearing the earrings from the Golden Poppy set:

unCCC16DecTheatreGala.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Today (17th December) The Queen and The Prince Consort hosted a dinner at Christiansborg Palace on the occasion of the United Nation''s Climate Change Conference. Other members of The Royal Family that attended were The Crown Prince and The Crown Princess, TRH Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and HRH Princess Benedikte. I haven''t seen photos of the other ladies, but here one is Margrethe II.
She''s wearing a pair of pearl and diamond earrings, a four row pearl necklace and a brooch which I can''t identify (diamonds and sapphires I think):

SD17DecUNCCC.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Today I found two more pictures from the dinner at Christiansborg Palace.
Here is Princess Mary, possibly wearing jade or maybe even emerald earrings:

yeniklasor-231.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Princess Benedekte arriving at the dinner, followed by Prince Joachim & Princess Marie and The Crown Prince & The Crown Princess. Benedekte is wearing a pearl and blue bead (sapphires?) choker:

untitledhgjkygk0.jpeg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2009 10:19:20 AM
Beautiful Mary!

Lori

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/17/2009 4:15:23 PM
Today (17th December) The Queen and The Prince Consort hosted a dinner at Christiansborg Palace on the occasion of the United Nation''s Climate Change Conference. Other members of The Royal Family that attended were The Crown Prince and The Crown Princess, TRH Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and HRH Princess Benedikte. I haven''t seen photos of the other ladies, but here one is Margrethe II.
She''s wearing a pair of pearl and diamond earrings, a four row pearl necklace and a brooch which I can''t identify (diamonds and sapphires I think):
What a wonderful picture! They know how to do it in Denmark!

Christiana

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/19/2009 10:19:20 AM
The earrings look fantastic, probably emeralds! Thanks for sharing
1.gif

She does look fabulous, as always!!

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone have pictures of the portugese royal jewels? Saw a wedding picture the other day which started me thinking about them. Have only seen a tiara and a pair of diamond ear rings. Thanks. Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results