clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
4th November - a diamond and curved stone (?rocky crystal?) brooch from QEQM:

61l[p0x.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
When earlier I said that Camilla wore the Maple leaf brooch during day one I lied a little. The brooch was worn indeed, but the picture is from another occasion (also in Canada).

I reccomaned to all of you to visit The Royal Channel on YouTube, where you can see some very nice fotage from the visit to Canada and a glittering video from the Gala dinner for The President of India.

Here is a photo from the Welcoming ceremony (Day one)

610popx.jpg

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
could someone explain what the red poppy like flowers on the lapels are for?

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
This poppies are used to remember the battle fields in Flanders during WW1
in November (this year 8th) HM the Queen will lay a wreath at Cinotaph, Withehall.

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Changing topics what pieces does the house of monaco have besides princess grace e-ring and her tiara and what might princess caroline be wearing from her current husband''s family collection?

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 8:21:06 AM
Author: robinj
A while back there was a discussion about the Russian Tsarist Jewels. I found this quite beautiful picture of the last Tsaritsa, Alexandra, nee Alix of Hesse, covered in diamonds and pearls.
I especially like the choker.
WOW....such a beautiful lady!!!
30.gif

Lori

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2009 9:42:30 PM
Author: alexander1917
This poppies are used to remember the battle fields in Flanders during WW1

in November (this year 8th) HM the Queen will lay a wreath at Cinotaph, Withehall.

Here is a link to a video from the event:

And a photo of The Queen (same occasion) wearing her grand mother''s Kensington bow brooch without it''s pearl pendant!

610fkfx.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2009 4:58:34 PM
Author: laurensmama
Changing topics what pieces does the house of monaco have besides princess grace e-ring and her tiara and what might princess caroline be wearing from her current husband''s family collection?

Hi Laurensmama,

The House of Grimaldi doesn''t have/own the jewels from the collection of The House of Hanver. These jewels are used by Princess Caroline as the wife of HRH The Prince of Hanover, Ernest August V, thus Titular Queen Consort of Hanover.

Since their marriage I''ve been able to find photos of two tiaras from the Hanoverian collection, that have adorned The Princess'' head - The Brunswick Tiara and a floral motif tiara.

Here is a photo of Princess Caroline wearing The Brunswick Tiara and her garndmother''s sapphires at the Danish wedding in 2008, I think:

50837815.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The Floral tiara, matching earrings and big spray brooch on the much revealing dress:
I don''t know what the occasion was, but maybe somenoe cam help

caroline125.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Closer look of the tiara and the earrings :
I''ve raed the story of this tiara somewhere, but can''t find it now, sorry.

caroline122.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And the spray brooch and the royal flesh:
BTW this brooch was worn at Monaco's National day a few years ago. I'll try to find a picture.

That's all I have. Hopefully someone else can help too.

caroline12.jpg

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
thank you for the photos. i do realize that caroline only wears these because she is married to ernst, prince of hanover and if they were to separate or divorce she would no longer be entitled to wear them. i was curious tho since so little has been shown for the house of grimaldi or the house of hanover. if anyone has any more information or photos especially the floral tiara (it is very pretty) i would appreciate it.
1.gif

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2009 9:29:30 PM
Author: laurensmama
thank you for the photos. i do realize that caroline only wears these because she is married to ernst, prince of hanover and if they were to separate or divorce she would no longer be entitled to wear them. i was curious tho since so little has been shown for the house of grimaldi or the house of hanover. if anyone has any more information or photos especially the floral tiara (it is very pretty) i would appreciate it.
1.gif

You're welcome, laurensmama!
I know that you know, but the question didn't sound corect to me hence my remark.

So, lets pray that they'll never separate or divorce and Caroline will continue shining it these (and more) splendit jewels:)

I'm almost 100% sure that Ernest August V's first wife is wearing the floral tiara HERÅ.
And [url=http://www.royal-magazin.de/german/hannover/hannover-blueten-diadem-1.htm]here
you can see Princess Caroline wearing Das Blüten Diadem/ The Flower tiara.
Ther is information about the jewels and if someone knows german it'd be very much appriciated if s/he translates the article and post here.

Thanks in advance,

Bobby[/URL]

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Day 8 of Charles and Camilla''s visit to Canada and another trinket from Queen Mum''s collection - a garnet brooch:

dfbgjm610x.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Who said there won''t be a tiara event:D Even if it''s not a dazzling tiara, but a Coast Salish First Nation cedar headband, we can count it in the list of headgears worn by The Duchess of Cornwall. HRH also wore the pink topaz and pearl choker:

610_nmx.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Charles looked like a real King - Crown, Sceptre, Mantle and orders:

610charlesx.jpg

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 5:00:49 AM
Author: prince.of.preslav
Day 8 of Charles and Camilla''s visit to Canada and another trinket from Queen Mum''s collection - a garnet brooch:

Thank you for the pictures! This is the best one I''ve ever seen of The Duchess!!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
You're welcome, Robin.
Here is a pictire from day 10 of the Wales' Canadian tour with a clear view of the Maple leaf brooch:

92988363.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I forgot! HM The Queen of Denmark, HRH The Prince Consort and The Crown Princly couple payed a 5 day state visit to Vietnam from 2nd to 6th November. On the second day/night a State banquet was given in honour of HM. I must admit that I was rather disapointed, bucause of the dresscode - suits for the gentlemen and long/evening dresses for the ladies. Margrethe II wore the same dress and jewels as during last year''s visit to Tanzania. She was the only one to wear a tiara - the turquoise daisy bandeau that was a wedding gift from the Duke and Duchess of Connaught to their daughter Margaret. HM also wore a turquoise brooch (also from the wedding gift) and long turquoise and diamond earrings.

danishroyalsqueenmargrethe20091127.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The Crown Princess was stunning as always! She wore a off-shoulder ice blue full lengh dress and a nice pair of diamond and pink/light purple stone (amethyst) earrings. Princess Mary also had a diamond brooch stuck in her hair:

danishroyalsprincessmary20091102129.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
thank you for the photo of queen of denmark
is there any better close up of the photo
when did she use it last time

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 5:37:21 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 11/11/2009 6:01:06 PM

Author: prince.of.preslav

You''re welcome, Robin.

Here is a pictire from day 10 of the Wales'' Canadian tour with a clear view of the Maple leaf brooch:

Stunning brooch. I''m partial to that shape, I love the maple leaf.. wish I could find one made of hm.. something reasonable for normal people! :) I like this happy photo of her, her face is very relaxed.

You''re right SDL, the royal couple seems relaxed (especially The Duchess) after this busy 11 day tour.

On 11 November a (black tie) dinner was held at Rideau Hall in Ottawa. I was disapointed again! The Duchess wore her pearl and pink topaz choker and pear and diamond dangle earrings again. She also wore her MIL''s Family Order. At least we got a nice view of the choker''s central ornament (formerly a brooch):

eaEKyh.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 2:53:16 PM
Author: Josefine
thank you for the photo of queen of denmark

is there any better close up of the photo

when did she use it last time

The last time when HM wore the Turquoise diamond bandeau was last year during the Sate Visit to Tanzania (also mantioned in the initial post), bit I don''t have photos.
This a nice, but unfortunately rarely seen jewel, so there aren''t good photos of it. This is the closest, but a bit blury photo of The Queen delivering a speach durng a state dinner:

turjew2.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
A photo of the turquoise and diamond wedding gifts, including the bandeau, which AFAIK can also be worn as a bracelet, the earrings thay Queen Margrethe wears at the above photo and the three components of the pendant.

BTW, I''ve posted a nice photo of this brooch/pendant from Prince Henrik''s 75th birthday gala. Then I was asked it the two small pendants were a later addition, but then I didn''t know the answer. Now looking at this photo I can definitely say that these small pendants were part of the original jewel!

mrtiara15c.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
thank you never thought she had wore it not so long ago.

love the colour of camillas pink stone in the pearl necklace is there a close up?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Hi Josefine,

I''ve posted a close up of the choker when we were discussing Camilla''s jewel long ago. The picture was taken at Peter Philips'' wedding in 2008. There are also earrings to mach the former brooch, but surprisingly Camilla didn''t wear them on 11 November.

I''ve wonted to ask you this from any time - Did the Royal Palace answer to your question regarding Sweden''s First lady before The King''s marriage to Silvia Sommerlath? If so what did they say?

Bobby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results