shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
Found some drool-worthy pictures of the Savoy jewels. Talk about jealousy.
18.gif

This is Queen Margherita (from the Savoy family, about whom JewelFreak posted on pg. 138). She''s wearing a stunning and impressive emerald necklace, as well as pearl swags and a lovely pearl tiara. I suspect the tiara''s been sold or auctioned off, I''ve never seen it before.

413px-Queen_Margharitha_di_Savoia.jpg

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
One of the most recognizable Italian pieces, a tiara that can be worn several different ways. This is the tiara in its full splendor and glory. If it has a name, I''m unaware of it...can anyone else come to my rescue here?
1.gif

Gioiellisavoia08.jpg

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
JewelFreak posted a lovely picture of the Italian Queen Marie-José wearing this tiara in typical 20s fashion. This was one of the tiaras auctioned off at Christie''s, I believe.

Gioiellisavoia13.jpg

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
Another of Queen Margherita, still dripping in pearls.

Reumbertoemargherita06b.jpg

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
A lovely turquoise demi-parure, also belonging to the Savoy family. This was also auctioned off.

Gioiellisavoia41.jpg

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
My tongue almost fell out of my mouth when I saw this...I''m not even a huge pearl fan, the necklace is enough to make a lady drool!
30.gif
Again, Savoy family!

Gioiellisavoia23.jpg

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
And finally, a closeup! How lovely, yes? As evidenced by the modeling, it was sadly auctioned off.

Gioiellisavoia24.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the lovely pictures, Robin.

Queen Silvia wore that gown at The Nobel Prizes Gala in 2008.
BTW here is a site where you can see ate Queen''s gowns from the Nobel Prize Galas - The Queen''s Gowns

As for the orders, well, I thnk they are placed correctly - the Danish Elephant on the left shoulder and the Swedish Seraphim on the right. Strange that CPss Mary didn''t attend, reasons anyone?

Thanks again,
Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 10:16:48 PM
Author: robinj
I''m not sure about the occasion, but I can''t help but loving this picture of the Crown Princess Victoria kneeling in front of Queen Margrete!

Does anyone knows about Queen Margretes necklace and earrings?

This is a remodeled version of Nikolai II of Russia''s wedding gift to Queen Alexandrine, then Princess Alexandrine of Mecklenburg-Schwerin. The Queen wore them as a big brooch/stamocher or as a pendant of a long diamond necklace. The necklace was later broken by Queen Ingrinf and given to Princesses Benedikte and Anee-Marie. AFAIK Queen Ingrid never wore the sapphires.

There were five sapphire clusters in the orriginal, sa maybe new stones were added to create the new necklace and the earrings. I think there are ten sapphires in the new necklace.

Here is a picture of Queen Alexandrine wering the necklace and pendant and the fringe tiara.

2638187163_cbd318fba2.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to add that for some reason Queen Margrethe shortened the necklace. I'll post pictures of QM later.
One more of the stomacher:

2177712816_43d7204273.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Hi again!

Here is a picture of Queen Margrethe II waering the necklace, the earrings and the brooch and the Baden Palmette tiara. The oval pendant that you see hanging from the brooch is sometimes worn as a pendant to the necklace. There is also a ring set in yellow gold.

dlkgt.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Forgot to add that the oval pendant''s sapphire looks like a cabochon to me.
The Queen with the necklace + pendant:

3222278255_60d3f389aa.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 10:22:41 PM
Author: shadowed_rain
Found some drool-worthy pictures of the Savoy jewels. Talk about jealousy.
18.gif

This is Queen Margherita (from the Savoy family, about whom JewelFreak posted on pg. 138). She''s wearing a stunning and impressive emerald necklace, as well as pearl swags and a lovely pearl tiara. I suspect the tiara''s been sold or auctioned off, I''ve never seen it before.

Nice jewels, shadowed rain. Thanks!

I don''t know if it''s been already mentioned, but Queen Margherita was called the Queen of Pearls. And I must say that this woman knew hoy to wear them!
Here is Queen Elena waering the emerald necklace and what looks like an emerald tiara:

Reginaelena04.jpg

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/27/2009 6:39:00 AM
Author: prince.of.preslav
Thanks for the lovely pictures, Robin.

Queen Silvia wore that gown at The Nobel Prizes Gala in 2008.
BTW here is a site where you can see ate Queen''s gowns from the Nobel Prize Galas - The Queen''s Gowns

As for the orders, well, I thnk they are placed correctly - the Danish Elephant on the left shoulder and the Swedish Seraphim on the right. Strange that CPss Mary didn''t attend, reasons anyone?

Thanks again,
Bobby
Oh, of course they wear it the correct way, but since the colour of the orders is the same it looks like they''ve just thrown it on.

I think the Crown Princess Mary was heavely pregnant at the time. Or had just delivered. I''m not 100% sure, but it was some kind of maternal leave.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
30.gif

Date: 10/27/2009 4:46:03 PM
Hi again!

Here is a picture of Queen Margrethe II waering the necklace, the earrings and the brooch and the Baden Palmette tiara. The oval pendant that you see hanging from the brooch is sometimes worn as a pendant to the necklace. There is also a ring set in yellow gold.
I LOVE THIS TIARA!!!!
30.gif

Lori

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 10:38:47 PM
Author: shadowed_rain
My tongue almost fell out of my mouth when I saw this...I''m not even a huge pearl fan, the necklace is enough to make a lady drool!
30.gif
Again, Savoy family!
It looks like this necklace could be converted into a tiara quite easily.

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/27/2009 4:48:03 PM
Forgot to add that the oval pendant''s sapphire looks like a cabochon to me.
The Queen with the necklace + pendant:
Thank you for the info and the pictures! Love Margrethe in the fur coat!
They looked like historically interresting pieces of jewellery. And they where!

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2008 3:21:44 PM
Author: LadyAmythyst69
Here - it''s a bit hard to make out amongst all the ''stuff'' - Queen Mary wears the Queen Victoria Bow Brooches in 1902 at her coronation. The brooches are suspended on a diamond chain going down the front of her skirt.
I was planning to read through all the posts on this thread before commenting but this picture just took my breath away!

man - o - man - o - man

This lady really knew how to "do" jewellery.

Wonder if she could still pull it off with the dress fashions of today?

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, should also have said "hello" and "I love this thread" which was what I was planning to do once I''d read all the way through, but that picture just ......wow.

I''ll be more polite in future
1.gif

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2009 10:22:01 AM
Author: MAC-W
Sorry, should also have said ''hello'' and ''I love this thread'' which was what I was planning to do once I''d read all the way through, but that picture just ......wow.

1.gif

Welcome to Pricescope, MAC-W!

Reding all the posts and then starting to post myself is actually what I did. I hesitated whether to start posting before that or not, but decided not to.

The fact that Queen Mary took your breat away doesn''t surprise me! And it shouldn''t surprise you. As you''ll see she was often bedecked in tons of gorgeous jewels, mainly diamonds.
On which page this picture is? I can''t remember any photos from Gearge V and Mary''s coronation.

PS: This is a picture for you - Queen Mary of Great Britain dripping in diamonds and the modest looking Queem Elizabeth of Belgium.

Best regards,

Bogdan

Queen_Mary_and_Queen&Elisabeth.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
From 27th to 29th October HE The Presiden of India and Dr Shekhawat payed a State Visit to the United Kingdom.

At the State Banquet HM Queen Elizabeth II wore her Burmise ruby tiara, the Swag necklace and matching earrings and Queen Mary''s Surrey brooch(a bit too out of place I think. Do you think that the ruby tiara is becoming HM''s new favourite? She wore at least twice last year and now for the Indian State Visit...

610867x.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Of course before the State Banquet there was a welcome ceremony, where The Queen wore the Irlish Blossom Brooch:

610xuihui.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Camilla wore a beautiful purple outfit and a pair of flower brooches:

610xhjbmh.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
At the Banquet The Princess Royal wore some kind of bendeau instead of the usual tiara.
Here is the best photo of The Princess Anne from The Monarchy''s website:

LN Oct09 India15.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Secon day and Second Gala, this time given by The Lord Mayor and City of London Corporation at the Guildhall.
The Duchess of Gloucester wore Empress Maria Feodorovna''s tiara with the kunzite center, the kunzite and diamond brooch and a diamond buckle to secure the ribbon of her RVO:

60342460.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to add the diamond cluster earrings and the kunzite bracelet. Of course The Duchess would have looked even better with her hair up, but...

68846415.jpg

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/29/2009 5:12:21 PM

Date: 10/29/2009 10:22:01 AM
Author: MAC-W
Sorry, should also have said ''hello'' and ''I love this thread'' which was what I was planning to do once I''d read all the way through, but that picture just ......wow.

1.gif

Welcome to Pricescope, MAC-W!

Reding all the posts and then starting to post myself is actually what I did. I hesitated whether to start posting before that or not, but decided not to.

The fact that Queen Mary took your breat away doesn''t surprise me! And it shouldn''t surprise you. As you''ll see she was often bedecked in tons of gorgeous jewels, mainly diamonds.
On which page this picture is? I can''t remember any photos from Gearge V and Mary''s coronation.

PS: This is a picture for you - Queen Mary of Great Britain dripping in diamonds and the modest looking Queem Elizabeth of Belgium.

Best regards,

Bogdan
I can''t recall that I''ve ever seen a picture of Queen Mary looking so happy before!

robinj

Shiny_Rock
A while back there was a discussion about the Russian Tsarist Jewels. I found this quite beautiful picture of the last Tsaritsa, Alexandra, nee Alix of Hesse, covered in diamonds and pearls.
I especially like the choker.

Alix_in_1906_again_by_AlixofHesse.JPG

russian1

Rough_Rock
This site just gets better and better. Thank you robinj for posting this picture of Alexandra Feodorovna. This photo is from a group of photos taken of her for a serires of official court pictures and until now I have only seen them in black and white. I IMHO think she looks stunning in her Imperial Court gown with all of her pearl & diamond jewels on. She does the entire outfit justice - I love that you can clearly see the Diamond Chain of the Order of Saint Andrew, the pearl and diamond stomacher to match the necklace, the diamond dress buttons down the front of her gown etc. What a great find this picture is.

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
When a Princess needs to sell her tiara to pay...

A princess''s loss can be your gain at Christie''s jewelry auction in London on June 13.
Italy''s Princess Maria Gabriella of Savoy is auctioning off 41 lots of rare jewels in order to help pay her taxes.
The most astounding piece is the Faberge tiara shown above.
The piece is referred to as the Empress Josephine Tiara because the briolette-cut diamonds (the ones shaped like teardrops )were given to the French empress
by Tsar Alexandra I following her divorce from Napoleon I. The piece was created around 1890 and is mounted in silver and gold. It is estimated
to be worth $774,384 and $1.2 million but could bring more at the auction

resized_savoytiara.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results