carat
color
clarity

Upcoming IDJ visit!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60 said:
Ok - decisions, decisions. I emailed Yekutiel and told him I want the bezel to be milgrain. Changed my mind. I looked at a lot of photos and decided that I would like milgrain better as the smooth bezel is more modern and the milgrain will give it a vintage look. What do you think? PB, do you like your milgrain bezel?
Yes! I love love love milgrain!
A) it looks vintage and timeless
B) for practical reasons, scratches and scuffs show more readily on smooth surfaces, so milgrain makes me feel "mind clean".

Q

Queenie60

Great! Thank you PB, this confirms my decision. I am glad that I decided on migrain. I feel that I will like it much better than smooth.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60 said:
Great! Thank you PB, this confirms my decision. I am glad that I decided on migrain. I feel that I will like it much better than smooth.
Either option would be beautiful (despite my milgrain bias :dance: )

I have to laugh at how dangerously easy it is to purchase from IDJ. Queenie - you pick up the phone and boom, new piece of jewelry! :lol:

I am flirting with the idea of getting the milgrain bezeled baguette/round band in blue topaz. I have the sapphire band already, but something about that pale blue sings to me. I think it would be a nice Kate Middleton-esque look with Miami in her east-west setting.

I also have two Sonia B bands I'd like to have IDJ reset in sturdier settings, but I've been too lazy to box them up and mail them to IDJ. They are size 8 and I'm at 9 now .

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We've got WAX! Wax on, wax off Miami-San!
Setting alone:

_3160.jpeg

_1116.png

_1117.png

_1118.png

Q

Queenie60

PintoBean|1461006140|4020854 said:
Setting alone:

Very exciting!!!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And Miami in her wax:

_1119.png

_3161.jpeg

_1120.png

_1121.png

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More video screenshots

_1122.png

_1123.png

_1124.png

_1125.png

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last 4:

_1126.png

_1127.png

_1128.png

_1129.png

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie - I agree with the milgrain and I'm so excited to see the final product!

PB - that looks amazing!! It's going to be true to her Miami roots...HOT HOT HOT!! How wide is the shank going to be? Sorry if I missed this answer before! :love:

ETA: just saw you were still posting pics! I cannot BELIEVE HOW WHITE SHE IS!!!!!!!!!! :lickout:

Q

Queenie60

Wow Pinto. Miami does not look like a K - looks much whiter than a K. Huge and lovely! Can't wait to see the finished product.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60|1461006520|4020856 said:
Setting alone:

Very exciting!!!!
I KNOW! I've never had a project where I got to be this actively involved from start to finish! :clap:
acano117 said:
Queenie - I agree with the milgrain and I'm so excited to see the final product!

PB - that looks amazing!! It's going to be true to her Miami roots...HOT HOT HOT!! How wide is the shank going to be? Sorry if I missed this answer before! :love:

ETA: just saw you were still posting pics! I cannot BELIEVE HOW WHITE SHE IS!!!!!!!!!! :lickout:
Yeah - she looks so white in the video! That's the blue being picked up, I guess. So note to self, when rocking a K, wear LOTS and LOTS of blue and cool tones HAHAHAH!

I have no idea what the shank width is. I said, no thinner than 2.2mm, and Yekutiel was like, with your size, you can't go too thin. Did he mean my size 9 :shock: :o :( :oops: or Miami's size? LOLOLOLOL! He said that the designer is very good with keeping everything proportionate. I specifically asked for the rounded knife edge just in case the shank was in fact thicker, the knife edge gives the illusion of a thinner shank. From the wax, it looks thin and my guestimate is that it's probably 2-ish mm.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60|1461007276|4020865 said:
Wow Pinto. Miami does not look like a K - looks much whiter than a K. Huge and lovely! Can't wait to see the finished product.
Miami has her winter white going on LOLOL! Just because it's unusually warm (78 degrees) and sunny here, I must insist - NO TANNING MIAMI!!!!!!!!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahahaha you'll have to get her some sunscreen! :lol:

Well I'm stalking my phone....Yekutiel apparently found something that fits my criteria but was with a client earlier so I was told he would call me back today to find out if I should come in tomorrow. I can't wait to hear more!!! Patience is NOT my virtue and I've been waiting so long already!!! ;(

Q

Queenie60

acano117|1461009557|4020878 said:

Well I'm stalking my phone....Yekutiel apparently found something that fits my criteria but was with a client earlier so I was told he would call me back today to find out if I should come in tomorrow. I can't wait to hear more!!! Patience is NOT my virtue and I've been waiting so long already!!! ;(

What are you getting!!! Can't wait to hear.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60|1461010286|4020880 said:
acano117|1461009557|4020878 said:

What are you getting!!! Can't wait to hear.

Thanks, Queenie! I'm working on an upgrade!! I started a couple of weeks ago but some family issues came up and it was paused. Yekutiel has also been very busy but when we spoke on Thursday he promised he didn't forget about me and said I should be able to come in tomorrow. I would love something similar in size to Cchloe (a bit larger even...if I could swing it :naughty: )

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
acano117|1461011943|4020887 said:
Thanks, Queenie! I'm working on an upgrade!! I started a couple of weeks ago but some family issues came up and it was paused. Yekutiel has also been very busy but when we spoke on Thursday he promised he didn't forget about me and said I should be able to come in tomorrow. I would love something similar in size to Cchloe (a bit larger even...if I could swing it :naughty: )
Nice!!!! :clap: :dance: ! Take pictures if you can tomorrow! We need more diamond ****! :dance:

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
Wow Pintobean the wax looks perfect, I really love it, and she really does look so white! More like an H if I had to guess. Gotta love that fluorescence ;-)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cchloe|1461033271|4020987 said:
Wow Pintobean the wax looks perfect, I really love it, and she really does look so white! More like an H if I had to guess. Gotta love that fluorescence ;-)
Thank you cchloe!
Did you get the cushion pendant yet? I can't wait to hear what your mom thinks of it!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1461021058|4020921 said:
acano117|1461011943|4020887 said:
Nice!!!! :clap: :dance: ! Take pictures if you can tomorrow! We need more diamond ****! :dance:

;( ;( ;( Looks like I'll be waiting some more!! Yekutiel is trying to get his hands on a possible contender but also wants to evaluate it to make sure it's worthy of my time!! He knows how picky I am and wants to get it right! But this waiting game is just sooooooooooo painful!!!! :wall: :boohoo:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
acano117|1461072169|4021102 said:
;( ;( ;( Looks like I'll be waiting some more!! Yekutiel is trying to get his hands on a possible contender but also wants to evaluate it to make sure it's worthy of my time!! He knows how picky I am and wants to get it right! But this waiting game is just sooooooooooo painful!!!! :wall: :boohoo:
Acano117 - waiting is SOooo good! It gives you more time to save and beef up the bling budget, which then lets you go EVEN BIGGER! :dance: :dance:

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1461072465|4021103 said:
Acano117 - waiting is SOooo good! It gives you more time to save and beef up the bling budget, which then lets you go EVEN BIGGER! :dance: :dance:
Acano, I can't wait to see what Yekutiel finds for you! So exciting!
PB, you are ever the enabler ;))

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1461072465|4021103 said:

I've already squeezed all the beef out of my budget so much that it's become a vegetarian!!!! :lol:

I know you're right but I've never been a patient person especially when it comes to bling! I should be just enjoying the hunt but part of me is a bit frustrated because I can't really help...I've literally found about 25 nice stones and every single time I ask about them they are overseas! So I feel like why get myself all excited when nothing pans out?! I even asked Yekutiel if he's sure there's enough stock here to choose from! lol

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Setting alone:
PB, the wax looks perfect! It makes Miami look ICY WHITE! I will keep it in mind to buy more blue colored shirts :bigsmile:
How many more days before the ring is ready?!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CareBear|1461075617|4021118 said:
PB, the wax looks perfect! It makes Miami look ICY WHITE! I will keep it in mind to buy more blue colored shirts :bigsmile:
Wow - I just got off the phone with Yekutiel. They are FAST! It's off to be cast and should be ready by Thursday, barring any hiccups :errrr: .

I asked what the shank mm is and it's 2mm!

Q

Queenie60

Wow Pinto! Does that mean I will receive my pendant before Mother's Day?!!! They are fast - I have received my things within a few days. Can't wait to see the finished product. Is that going to be a rhr? If so, - what a honker of a rhr!!!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1461079372|4021137 said:
CareBear|1461075617|4021118 said:
Wow - I just got off the phone with Yekutiel. They are FAST! It's off to be cast and should be ready by Thursday, barring any hiccups :errrr: .

I asked what the shank mm is and it's 2mm!
Woohoo PB! Since I got NOTHING in the pipeline, I can only live vicariously through you gals. I'm gonna be refreshing this thread LOADS on Thurs :naughty:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh, awesome news PintoBean!!! I can't WAIT to see the final product! Take loads of pics!!! :appl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I finally have a decent camera phone and took some snaps of mom's IDJ 3 stone - uncerted D's with Fluor and eye clean white inclusions. It's one of her smaller bling, so she wears this to do grocery shopping :roll: . Her bigger rings she takes with her when she goes to visit her friends in Taiwan. The way she describes it, it sounds like a bunch of retired ladies who meet up for lunch and put their "pee pees" on the table, I mean, sport their big bling and luxury bags. She's over the moon because I gave her my LV Estrela (I have no place for designer handbags in my day to day). So this trip she's got her 1.5 ctw IDJ huggies, new (used only a handful of times to work a few years ago) LV bag and BGD rings.
I don't recall the specs on the ring other than color, but mom says all these will be mine one day. Yay, I will have more pinky rings than I will know what to do with. :naughty:

_3170.jpeg

_3171.jpeg

_3172.jpeg

_3173.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IDJ jackets don't recall how many pointers anymore and terrible uncerted 0.5 ctw studs from Union Diamond. They are not H/I or they are poorly cut because they look so yellow to me, and I'm the gal that rocks K's! The camera is not true because in real life, there is a definite contrast between the PS quality melee and the studs. Anyways, they are never worn and stay in a drawer. If my 0.78 ctw fit in the jackets, I'm going to see if I can finagle them from mom (the daughter giveth, the daughter taketh :D )

_3174.jpeg

_3175.jpeg

Q

Queenie60

Your mother's ring is beautiful. PS is dangerous for me - I see all of this bling and continue to want more. Luckily my husband isn't too overwhelmed with all of this! I'm with you PB - don't use all of my designer handbags any longer. Stick with the same LV bag most of the time. I've passed a lot of things off to my 18 year old daughter. My husband says that I am creating a monster! Oh well.... at least she'll have high standards.

So glad I found Yekutiel!!

Waiting patiently to see Miami!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results