shape
carat
color
clarity

Upcoming IDJ visit!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mini projects. I need to start addressing the rings that don't fit lolol. I may want a band to go with Miami. Grrr...if I'm smart I may just got a couple thin plain white bands from e-wedding bands.com the next time they have a coupon code.

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
What about an all baguette band? You'll have a whole bread basket on your finger :D

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cchloe|1459989697|4016398 said:
What about an all baguette band? You'll have a whole bread basket on your finger :D
:shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: no you did NOT just go there, oh... My... Gawd... :shock: :shock: I am crying from laughing so hard :lol: :lol: :lol: so... Now we know that when I put up an smtB thread, it's more like "show me the BREAD"...

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Show me the CAD's!!!

Also, how is the quality of diamonds of those rings from this e wedding band site? I'm so tempted to buy a few now :shock:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only have this one with diamonds. They are so tiny lolol. They are fine.
http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/product168912.html

I usually don't get bands with diamonds from them.I really like their price and quality for gold bands. Their slim spacer bands can be better priced than etsy.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cchloe|1459961245|4016196 said:
december-fire|1459959929|4016183 said:
cchloe|1459958263|4016172 said:
Diamonds are addictive?

I just bought a 1.04 ct I VS2 cushion for my mother's birthday that I will have set in a simple rabbit ear pendant with double claw prongs. She bought herself a white gold chain necklace 2 years ago on her birthday and has been wearing a funky green cz in it because she would never buy herself something like a diamond. Her e-ring is also something like 0.2-0.3 cts so I want to treat her to a beautiful diamond because she deserves it much more than I deserve a 2.6 ct upgrade. She once told me if she were to ever buy a diamond, she would buy a square shaped one for a change, hence why I went for a cushion because I think the chunky facets will be nicer than a princess or a radiant.

I've also not yet found any photos of a cushion pendant with double claw prongs, no halo, so I hope my idea is a good one :shifty:

Cchloe,

Awwww, that's wonderful of you! :appl:

What a beautiful diamond! Your plan for the pendant sounds great!

Sending wishes for your Mom to have a lovely birthday - how can she not with such a thoughtful daughter!

Regarding the addictive aspect of diamonds, maybe its just me? :think:

:lol:

Sorry I forgot how much humor and sarcasm doesn't translate well on text without emoticons... I think I can attest to the diamond addiction with my recent splurge, and I'm not even sure I'm done yet :o

Ha! No apology required! I knew you were joking and being sarcastic. :lol:

Thank goodness for PS! I don't think anyone in my life-outside-PS would understand if I told them about the hours I've spent reading about diamonds and admiring all the amazing stones and jewellery on PS. :angel:

By the way, this thread and all its bread talk will have me chuckling every time I go into a bakery! :lol:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Argh... I've been refreshing my e-mail like a mad woman. I'm trying to hold back from dialing IDJ. What are the odds he's forgotten about me within the last 24 hours? :naughty: AND... I dialed - IDJ was the 3rd number in my redial list :errrr: . Bench is sending it soon.

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
PB what happened, no CAD's yet? I'm getting all my items Wednesday morning, thank goodness because I have to travel about 2 minutes after I receive the package!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got them on Friday. I printed them out, scribbled notes on them, old fashioned cut and paste (scotch taped) them on a piece of paper, scanned and returned them to IDJ :lol: . Let me do a better mock up in MS-word tonight for posting purposes lolol. That's how frantic I was to get the edits back I old schooled it :naughty: .

Wednesday?!?! Any preview pics? So exciting you're getting a suite!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cchloe said:
PB what happened, no CAD's yet? I'm getting all my items Wednesday morning, thank goodness because I have to travel about 2 minutes after I receive the package!

Here you go, cchloe!

ec_cad.png

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty - I think it will be a stunning ring!!

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
I love it! I can't wait to see it, but I'm sure it's going to take awhile.. Do you know if you're doing claw or rounded prongs? I vote for claw :twirl:

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
december-fire, if you're like me, you open another window when someone walks in the room just so they don't find out that you look at jewelry and diamonds 24/7 :razz:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cchloe|1460348950|4017821 said:
december-fire, if you're like me, you open another window when someone walks in the room just so they don't find out that you look at jewelry and diamonds 24/7 :razz:

Thanks for the tip! :lol:

Problem is I get a 'caught with my hand in the cookie jar' look on my face. :o

Maybe sunglasses would cover my wide-eyed 'Opps!' look.

You'll note that I'm back here (again!) looking for updates from PintoBean. :sun:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you MissGotRocks and cchloe! :wavey:
cchloe|1460348822|4017820 said:
I love it! I can't wait to see it, but I'm sure it's going to take awhile.. Do you know if you're doing claw or rounded prongs? I vote for claw :twirl:
Hmmm... I'm a cat mama married to a cat daddy - what do you think? :naughty: MEOOoooow! :wacko:

December-fire and cchloe - Sometimes I'm relieved when I have PS open and it's a wall of text because I can pretend I'm NOT obsessively reading a diamond forum :lol:

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Love the CAD PintoBean!

Thanks for the review of eternity bands. I emailed Yekutiel today about pricing for an eternity and your summary was useful in picking what I want!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wildcat03|1460398774|4017989 said:
Love the CAD PintoBean!

Thanks for the review of eternity bands. I emailed Yekutiel today about pricing for an eternity and your summary was useful in picking what I want!
Your welcome! Keep us apprised of the eternity band journey! Do you have a setting preference?

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
I think the best option for me is the shared prong setting as you mentioned that had the lowest profile. I'm not quite sure I'll be able to achieve the look I want. I love the look of eternity bands when you can see the round outline of the diamonds rather than just a straight line of diamonds/metal, but I want to keep it as small as possible (3-4 pointers) as I want to let my 1.5 ct e-ring be the star of the show :). The best example I've found is this Martin Flyer half eternity: http://martinflyer.com/flyerfit-wedding-band-41747.html

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got my revised CADs today. The only things I wanted to make sure were noted were the slight swoop at the shoulders, the rounded comfort fit inner shank, and gentle/rounded knife edge on the outer shank. I'm pleased with the updates to the fleur de lis. i do think it also looks like a butterfly - so... Miami will have a butterfly "tramp stamp" on her back (and tummy) :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :lol:

idemerald1.jpg

idemerald2.jpg

idemerald3.jpg

Q

Queenie60

Very beautiful PB - can't wait to see the finished product!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PB, I LOVE the butterfly fleur de lis! Did you come up with that design? I assume you are doing 8 claws? I seriously CANNOT get over how beautiful that EC is!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60|1460482227|4018354 said:
Very beautiful PB - can't wait to see the finished product!
Thank you Queenie60!!
CareBear said:
PB, I LOVE the butterfly fleur de lis! Did you come up with that design? I assume you are doing 8 claws? I seriously CANNOT get over how beautiful that EC is!
Hi CareBear :wavey:
I had fleur de lis on my mind after my latest vacation to New Orleans. We actually joked about getting fleur de lis tattoos as a vacation keepsake :lol: ! So when I was looking through stuller findings for inspiration, I was ecstatic to find a fleur de lis head for EC! I fwd the design to IDJ and together with the CAD bench made modifications - we tweaked it by making double claw prongs on each corner (8 claws :wacko: ), only fleur de lis on the long side of the EC, and changed the two center bars through the middle of the fleur de lis to a single bar. The positioning of the fleur de lis has also been modified to sit lower on the head.

The next step is a wax protoype!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello friends :wavey: Sorry I've been away for a while - have been dealing with unfortunate family events. Even though it's ongoing, I feel like PS has a way of calming me so I've decided to login and use it as my therapy and 'happy place'. My upgrade search is sort of on hold because of it, too, as well as Yekutiel being super busy and not having time to cherry pick some options for me. But if that changes, I will of course keep you updated.

PB- I can't even begin to describe how excited I am for you!! Those revised CADs look amazing and I can't wait to see a mold! The 8 tiny claw prongs are going to look stunning and the finger coverage!!! OoOo girl, you might tempt us to take a bite out of that onion roll!! :lol:

Cchloe - I'm also anxiously awaiting the arrival of your pieces to see how you love your new diamond and how it looks in that amazing Vatche setting! Please flood us with pictures tomorrow!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
acano117|1460498463|4018481 said:
Hello friends :wavey: Sorry I've been away for a while - have been dealing with unfortunate family events. Even though it's ongoing, I feel like PS has a way of calming me so I've decided to login and use it as my therapy and 'happy place'. My upgrade search is sort of on hold because of it, too, as well as Yekutiel being super busy and not having time to cherry pick some options for me. But if that changes, I will of course keep you updated.

PB- I can't even begin to describe how excited I am for you!! Those revised CADs look amazing and I can't wait to see a mold! The 8 tiny claw prongs are going to look stunning and the finger coverage!!! OoOo girl, you might tempt us to take a bite out of that onion roll!! :lol:

Cchloe - I'm also anxiously awaiting the arrival of your pieces to see how you love your new diamond and how it looks in that amazing Vatche setting! Please flood us with pictures tomorrow!
acano117 :wavey:
HAHAHAA - plenty of Miami to go around during a famine :lol: !!!

Cchloe - I'm so excited to hear what you think of your IDJ package. Are you hitting refresh on your computer like a mad woman while tracking the package? :dance:

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
LOL i did! I kept waking up during the night to check the tracking.

I must be color blind because this diamond is actually white. I see absolutely no difference with my F, nor do I next to the eternity band.

Photos to follow...

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
The eternity band is HUGE. I almost feel like the set is overboard.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stop keeping us in suspense Cchloe!!! Snap those shots and POST POST POST!!!! :lol: :appl: Great to hear about the color!! Must....see.....now.....!!!!!

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
I'm in a dark room on the non-sunny side of the building so excuse the dim photos

image_636.jpg

image_637.jpg

image_634.jpg

image_633.jpg

image_631.jpg

image_628.jpg

image_635.jpg

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
cchloe, you new set is just PERFECT! What size are the stones in the eternity band?

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
Thank you carebear! They are 12 pointers. In one photo it is stacked next to my 8 pointer eternity.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results