junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
^Thank you Jimmianne, I really appreciate it. xox

Sharon, thank you for your kind words <3

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry, Junie. All my sympathy to you and your family.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh June, I am so sorry for your loss. Peace to you and your family.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junie, just checking in with you one last time tonight. I am glad you are surrounded by your family. Sending you hugs and love. We are all thinking of you.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junie, I am very sorry for your loss. My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you rainwood, kristie, missy, and marcy; you have all been great, I so appreciate it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Junie, I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts. Much love to you all.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you very much Gypsy, your support has been so helpful to me.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
June, I am so so sorry. I wish there was something I could do to make this easier on you and take away your pain. Hugs

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
junebug17|1474771791|4080454 said:
Thank you very much Gypsy, your support has been so helpful to me.

((HUGS)) my friend. I wish I could do more.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
June, I am so sorry. Your mom has been through so much, as have you and your wonderful sister. God's peace be with you and your whole family. You have been the best daughter and your mom knew that. (((hug)))

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
June, I woke up thinking about you.
Missy has my email if you ever want to write to a NIRDI offline. I'm here for you. I know everyone is.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls.

Junie, I also woke thinking of you and hope you and your family are doing OK. (((Hugs))).
As others here have already said (I am positive it is unanimous that we all feel the same way about you) you were such a wonderful comfort for your mom and truly the best daughter. You are such a wonderful person Junie and always there for your mom no matter what and she knew how much you loved and cherished her. I hope that brings you peace and comfort during this difficult time.

Death is the heartache no one can heal,
Memories are keepsakes no one can steal.
Beautiful memories are all we have left,
Of the ones we loved and will never forget.
Softly the leaves of memory fall,
Gently we gather and cherish them all.
Planted deep in memory's garden
And watered daily with tears,
Memory has a magical way
Of keeping loved ones near.
~Author unknown, grieving poem from the 1950s

(((Hugs))) to you dear Junie from all of us. Keeping you close to our hearts.

Rainwood, have you thought about getting a natural gas generator for peace of mind? That was one of the best things we added here and while we don't lose power often knock wood we occasionally do lose power and the generator kicks right in seamlessly. During Sandy our whole community up and down the shore lost power for 12 days or more and our generator kept the electricity and heat etc. going for us (and our neighbors as we let them plug in) so it was worth the investment.

But it was worth you losing power the other day to meet such an interesting man at dinner and now I am interested in all he had to share with you on the issues today. What a fascinating person and I am glad you exchanged contact info and will become friends. Yes we should all be so healthy in body and mind at 86 and engaged and excited about life.

Re the jewelry show I am not sure. I went to the same jewelry show last spring but not the autumn show so I am not sure they what inventory they will have but the spring show had a lot of finished pieces but there were a number of loose OECs too. I cannot say what they will have at the autumn show however. I will see if there is any way I can find out.

Here is the exhibitor list:
http://www.lueurny.com/floor-plan-exhibitor-list/

Here is a promotional video. Some pretty bling but no info.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRGuLmwAMe4

Lastly here is my thread about the Lueur Spring show.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/lueur-spring-antique-jewelry-show.220839/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/lueur-spring-antique-jewelry-show.220839/[/URL]

Thinking of all you girls today and wishing you a good day. Sending love and hugs to each and everyone of you.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I would like one of each - especially the diamonds and sapphires at the end of the video.

The body painting competition yesterday was awesome. All the creativity! My DD's painting team came in from Texas and had hired her over the internet. It was hard work standing for hours on end and then not able to sit, but for a model it was great - much networking with professional photographers. Here we are at the half-way point in the painting process.
img_6532.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, your DD looks great (and I love the side glimpse of you too)!!! Wow, that is amazing and yes very hard to stand still like that for so long. I hope she made wonderful connections that will serve her well for future projects. Thank you so much for sharing and please share some more pics. Just beautiful.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Missy. I hesitated to post a photo with me in it. lol My hair has looked like a haystack since is was cut last week & I think it's the products he uses. Need to get that cream rinse build-up going again!
Here's another model. He was the only male model there.
img_6594.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First of all you look (and are) beautiful! I hear you on our hair needing some conditioner believe me. My frizzy hair needs lots of it.
Second of all wow to the male model. He looks great. :appl: But not as gorgeous as your DD! :halo:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My loyal queen bea NIRDI. thank you!
How could I forget that we are goddesses?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, yes all the NIRDIs are so true. Hugs and kisses to you. :kiss:

Junie, I emailed you this morning instead of texting and just wanted to let you know as the thought just occurred to me maybe you are not checking your email right now. It was too long to text. (((HUGS))).

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh June, I'm so sorry! My condolences to you and your family! The world is a place of changes. Some good some bad. This is one of the worst. I hope you and your family find strength in each other and the fact that she has found peace now.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, rats that your fur baby just wasn’t into the competition yesterday. I hope today went better.

Jimmianne, that sounds fun for your DD. I bet white contacts look very different. I am sure you would enjoy kitty sitting but even though that isn’t necessary I know you have plenty to keep yourself busy. I am running errands today and plan on baking and cleaning the 2 days I am house bound. Let’s hope I can get rid of my Curby nickname. Thank you for being excited with me for my new car. Cool to think about starting to horseback ride again. Sounds like it’s something you really love. Great picture of DD painting and you enjoying the show. The male model looks great.

Missy, it sounds like you had a definite change of seasons. We are chilly here in the low 60’s and 30’s at night. I might switching from cool to heat today. Ha! It is amazing how time goes by in a blink. What matters is we keep going no matter how cold we get or feel. I only resisted shopping for one day since I bought a bracelet yesterday. I’m weak. It’s my old age. The ferals are enjoying life in your yard. You made a huge different in their life. I like what little poem you found. I saved one that says “Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal”. That was from a headstone in Ireland.

Rainwood, how did your presentation go? 90 minutes is a serious amount of time for you to speak. Good idea to plan for power outages. We get them occasionally from snow storms so I can usually find a flashlight. We have a lot of tap lights mostly because we had them in our RV and I just brought them in the house when we cleaned it out to put on consignment. I think the wind up light is a great idea. I think they have night light that charges all the time and will come on when the power is off. That is a fabulous story about the incredible man you met; good for him being to active and engaged with life. Too funny I am the person people think of when they hit a curb.

Junie, my thoughts are with you. I hope it is some comfort to you that your mom is a peace now even though I know you will miss her terribly. You were there for her and I am sure that made a big different to her. Missy said what I am thinking way more eloquently than I can. We are here for you.

Marty got up about 5:45 and left for DIA about 6. He is one his way to D.C. As luck would have it my internet was down when I got back from the store. I was delighted but it came back on it’s own. Lucky for me.

I went to the store and am going to the mall this afternoon. I turn in my car in the morning to get the scratch on my hood fixed.

We went to lunch yesterday then stopped at Sams Club. I found a 14K tri color X link bracelet there for $249. I couldn’t pass it up. I think I am going to return the link bracelet I bought at Kays on vacation. The 2 don’t look good together and I like the new bracelet better. I’ll pretend to look for something to exchange it for but I plan on just returning it. I have a few pieces of theirs that needs cleaned and checked anyway. While I am at the mall I am going to have a burger, turn in my big fat band to get sized then pick up some ice cream on the way home. After tomorrow morning I am house bound for 2 days so need to get my running around done today.

Have a great day.
Marcy

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls I'll be back later to more appropriately acknowledge all your kind words and advice.

For now and in the meantime, thank you...so much.

And june... :(( I am so sorry about your mom. :blackeye:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mall report: turned in my WG/RG band to be sized, got my things cleaned and checked, returned the link bracelet I bought in Myrtle Beach (it looks goofy with my new bracelet and they didn't have anything else i liked with it) and bought this year's teddy bear.

img_12785.jpg

img_12786.jpg

img_12787.jpg

img_12788.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls.

Junie, how are you feeling? Thinking of you. (((Hugs))).

Scandi, how did the rest of your weekend go and did I miss how F did in the competition? Hope you had a fun weekend no matter what.

Marcy, I am sorry you started missing Marty right away and I would feel the same way. He will be back home soon and in the meantime LOL for the fur babies taking up his seat on the couch almost immediately. Watch out I think they are in the mood for trouble with a capital T. :cheeky:

Love your new bracelet and hope you enjoyed the Cold Stone ice cream last night. That is a profound quote on the Irish headstone, thank you for sharing it.

Love your new fur baby addition to the family. What a good looking baby. Have you named him (her) yet?

CJ, hello, hope your weekend went well.

We hit 3,000 miles on Calfee yesterday. Greg insisted on taking the photo as we hit the mark (though I wasn't in the mood because I was stressed about the rash on my legs that just happened see explanation below). So that is why we were still in motion as he took the photo and we don't make it a practice of him taking photos while steering and cycling on the bike. :errrr: It's different when I take pics in motion cause I am just pedaling and not steering etc. But he was careful while taking the picture though we were still cycling we slowed down quite a bit and he said I would want this pic and would regret him not taking it. So sharing it here since he went to the trouble of taking it.

3000milemarkseptember252016.jpg

It is about 800 miles away from where we were last year at this time (rough guess) but I am still pleased given the extreme heat we experienced this summer and even yesterday I dealt with a (huge) rash despite the cool weather and being fully covered. So I am leaning towards it being heat caused because we were in the direct sun eating ice cream yesterday afternoon and despite being protected by clothing I felt a heat on my thighs being in the direct sunlight and bam a huge blotchy ugly rash appeared on both thighs. I almost had a heart attack when I went to the restroom and saw it. But by the time we got back a few hours later it was mainly gone though still a bit blotchy. It is probably (?) related to my "usual" rashes though it dissipated more quickly but I am not positive. If you saw it you would go oh that's scary but so relieved when I got home and it was mainly gone. I seriously felt like I was going to just have a breakdown when I saw that huge rash in the rest room. My body is WEIRD. OK sorry I didn't mean to go on about this but it seriously freaked me out.

It's Monday and a travel day for us. I am not a fan of Mondays.

funny-monday-pictures-6.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaHAvEEbQOE

Let's hope this Monday is a good one for everyone and sending you lots of happy Monday dust and hugs and leaving you with a pic of our ice cream treat yesterday afternoon. Now that is a good way to start this Monday don't you think? :wavey:

daysicecreamlastsundayinsept2016.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls :wavey:

Horrible weekend but still nice. My "darling" furbaby wanted to run again on Sunday - about 300 meters after the bird (instead of sitting). The judge thought that might be a little bit too far.. (they have something like 2 meters for stopping..) :wall: (The rest of the weekend was nice, good food, nice people, catching up with friends, but none of the people we know had any success, so nothing to celebrate. :wall: )

Jimmianne, the picture of your DD made my day! So brave of her! She is very beautiful and she looks a lot like you :)

Missy, you are soooo good at the cycling thing! Can't even imagine cycling that far! :appl:

Marcy, I love your new bracelet! And it goes so perfectly with your very perfect rings :love:

I'm not in the best mood today, and so tired and should get a lot of work done but not really in the mood for working. So logging off now to try to be a good girl.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, between the Boomtown Rats and the ice cream you got me smiling. That ice cream looks TDF. yum!
Your mileage is impressive. Even if not the same as last year, you cycled enough to cross the country.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Scandi and Jimmianne. Jimmianne, that is a very good point. Plus we have a couple of months left of potential cycling weather for this year so you never know. Maybe we will catch up and even if we don't we are enjoying ourselves.

Here's one last photo from the weekend. It's more difficult than you might think taking a kissing selfie. But we had fun trying. :halo:

_6020.jpeg

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks marcy. Yes even just sharing with you guys that something is going on helps.

I haven't had McD's fries in so long. They are so so good.

Loved the furbabies on the couch, and your bracelet is pretty! Did you fake looking at other stuff when you went to return the bracelet? I do the same thing sometimes I feel guilty returning stuff (always do though so it's not enough guilt to stop me). :cheeky:

missy yes, HSP plus trying to navigate things in a group situation plus the fact that I don't really trust anyone in the group. I tend not to trust anybody unless a person really sticks out to me as nice or trustworthy. We do have a private chat that is not visible to the organizers and a few people expressed their thoughts on the issue and it was neutral (meaning not overly negative or gossipy sounding) and nobody contradicted anyone's perspective (it's happened before that someone will state their opinion and someone - well 1 person in particular really - will jump in and "defend" the organizers...which I think helps people from speaking up more). I almost almost stated how I felt but then didn't. But I don't know maybe I can. Maybe it would help if we all knew how we each felt about this issue.

I guess I wonder whether that's the ideal way - or is the ideal way always to take any perspectives to the organizers.

I loved all the pictures of the kitties - they're all so cute. We have to figure out how to tell Fresca and Shasta - maybe a marking somewhere?/

scandanavian I know it must be frustrating but it's so cute that your furbaby does the opposite of whatever she's supposed to do ::)

And thank you so much for your advice. You always give such succinct and wise advice - it always resonates with me. I think that's what actually keeps me from talking sometimes because it's hard for me to not show emotion, especially annoyance. Heck sometimes I look annoyed even when I'm not. :( And I am not good at thinking of my feet so usually in the moment it's kind of really dangerous for me to speak. I'm an introvert so I need to process and really figure out what I feel and then formulate a response.

Sorry to hear you're not in a great mood today. Hope your day went better after. ::)

rainwood I feel like I never miss anything. I wish I was oblivious more often.

jimmyanne very very cool with the bodypainting

june thinking of you

Hi Kristie, Callie, LLJsmom, gypsy, everyone...hi and have a great week.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, I was thinking of putting all the teddies on Marty’s couch tomorrow but he’d get home and plop down on top of all of them so I should quit while I am ahead. I named the new bear Fred - he is pretty fuzzy compared to my other bears and Marty has a friend named Fred with a fuzzy goatee. Woo hoo for hitting 3000 miles on your bike this summer. Congratulations. Oh no for finding a horrible rash but that is good it was going away when you got home. Your ice cream looks fabulous. My ice cream was delicious as well. I threw about 1/3 of it away; I always get the medium even though I know I never can eat that much. My eyes always tell it’s a small cup. Your kissing selfie is cute.

Scandi, I am sorry you had an awful weekend. Your fur baby just wasn’t in to competition this weekend. Darn it. I hope the world looks better to you tonight.

Jimmianne, good point that Missy and Greg cycled across the county.

CJ, I am glad sharing with us helps. I wish I’d known this group about 3 years ago. You mentioned you like to process things before you respond; I always think of great things to say hours later never in real time. McD’s is surely not my primary choice for a quick lunch but it was convenient. Their fries aren’t as good as they used to be after switching what type of grease they use. I absolutely did fake looking at and trying on other bracelets even though I had every intention of returning the link bracelet. I took in my few things to be cleaned and checked, and tried on 3 bracelets but said “no it’s not really what I am looking for”. They were nice about it though.

I got up at my normal time to drop off my car. A girl friend picked me up and I took her out to breakfast. We had a nice visit.

I worked on most of my chores today. I dusted shelfs in our walk-in closet (except for the high shelves that Marty has shoes and clothes on; I need him here to pull that stuff down and then the duster can reach up there. After dusting I cleaning out my baskets and bins; threw out some clothes, moved some to a spare bedroom and then went through my giant tub of hats, scarfs, gloves and mittens and will donate about 1/2 of them to a local group that gathers such things every year.

I made homemade pizza for lunch. I tried the Pillsbury canned pizza dough; I don’t think I’ll use it again. I couldn’t find my usual pizza mix at the store and my yeast expired so I couldn’t make it from scratch.

This afternoon I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies. Mm.

I washed and changed our sheets and now I’m bored.

Tomorrow I only have laundry left to do. I thought of cleaning out the frig and cupboards but I better wait for Marty in case I throw out something he wants.

Not one teeny tiny little word or email from my sales associate. Sigh.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy, you have to stop listing out the chores that you're doing, you're making me feel totally guilty. ::)

All kidding aside, I really really need to clean the interior of old ugly car. :/ the door panels are so dirty and grungy. I *almost* did it the other day when I read that you had cleaned your car (or something like that) but then got lazy and didn't.

Yes, sharing helps so much. But yes, it always takes me so much processing time and looking at every angle before I feel OK with responding. Part of that is also because I don't find it easy to respond logically and unemotionally when my buttons are pushed. And so more often than not if I respond in the moment I regret it later. I have to practice answering without making a big deal of things like scandi said. It resonates with me because it is so much my opposite.

But I am really considering saying something in the group chat. I have to see.

Hope you're having a great day today.

I think it's time for a cup of tea and some chocolate chip cookies! ;))

Hi everyone! hope you're all having a nice Tuesday!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results