shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And hugs to you also missy. Theo is so lucky you are J's friend.

Will be back tomorrow and respond to everyone better.

Hugs everyone.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy October 1st.

Rainwood, It was an appropriate way to commemorate a difficult day. Continuing to think of you and send comforting thoughts your way. (((Hugs))).

Junie, you remember correctly. If all works out with Theo this couple plans on flying to Montana and adopting Zeke and Yoshi when the time comes. Thank you so much for all your good wishes. My main concern right this minute is that Theo safely makes the long flight to his new home. He had a comprehensive exam Thursday evening when he got the vaccinations and all seems well but he is a 12 year old cat so of course the long trip he has to take does worry me. Praying it works out and that he arrives safely and is none the worse for the travel.

How is your weekend going? Hoping you are relaxing and are in a good place. (((Hugs))).

Marcy, Glad you got to sleep in yesterday. Sleeping till 7AM would be heaven for me. :halo: Your new car is absolutely gorgeous. Enjoy driving your new Porsche in health and happiness with no "curby" incidents. :sun:

Ace will be OK. I am sure with his first ride in the new car he will forget all about his bellyaching. Please watch out for those killer bunnies however. They are sneaky. By the way has anyone else noticed with the new iPhone update when you type bunnies a bunny appears? And when you type bug a bug appears. :errrr: I don't like it. :nono:

Jimmianne, hope the storms are over where you are and that your wifi is restored. I'm with you. Diamonds go with everything. :bigsmile:

I have a SAD light but I am not sure it works for me. I bought it a couple of years ago and did use it for a month or so but I didn't notice a difference and put it away. Maybe I will get it out again and try it. I definitely feel blue and sad with the short days and less daylight. Started noticing this a few weeks ago and we have a long way to go as the days keep getting shorter before we come out on the other side of it and the days start getting longer again. Spending November in France sounds extraordinaire...un merveilleux novembre à Paris.

CJ, thank you for your kind words. I appreciate them. It will be so wonderful if it all works out and absolutely worth the effort it is taking. I know all of you girls are thinking good thoughts for Theo and also Zeke and Yohsi (and J) and I so appreciate it. Thank you for the hugs and I am sending big (((hugs))) back to you. Looking forward to hearing an update from you and hope you have a good weekend planned with your dh.

We had a good (albeit rainy and stormy which is continuing the whole weekend) day yesterday and we got a lot of errands done. I guess not cycling has its merits because we have more time to do more things. We got to go to a stone quarry. PMI. And Greg now thinks we can do marble for our kitchen counters. He agrees with me that nothing looks as pretty as marble. And because we are not that concerned with having everything remain in pristine condition we think it might work. I always wipe the counters after we use them and since we don't have kids etc it is an option. Like a worn leather jacket it might age beautifully though not perfectly if you kwim. It is a lifestyle choice. I just don't love quartz because to me it seems lifeless and I have not yet seen a light enough granite that I love. The search continues however and we are hoping to go to another stone quarry today if there is time after our kitchen designer/contractor meeting today to determine if the kitchen ceiling beams can be buried in the ceiling vs sticking out causing a non uniform look to the ceiling and hindering our cabinet height.

Rainwood, you might be glad to know I have come to the conclusion you are (as usual!) right and that I cannot go with a solid white. Too boring. We saw some gorgeous stone yesterday and I still don't like the quartz. We did see some promising quartzite (but not the color pattern I want) and nothing as pretty as marble. I took some photos but they don't do the stone justice. The marble I fell in love with and would have ordered on the spot they no longer have in stock and it is for some reason not being ordered again. It is called Snow White and it is a high select marble. I am sad that it is no longer available in the 1 and 1/4' (only available in the 3/4 inch now so that's out) because by far it was the best choice for me.

We spent 2 plus hours there and I feel we are getting closer to choosing the right stone. We have a meeting today with a kitchen place and tomorrow morning too (at 9:30AM on Sunday LOL) so hoping to find the right people we want to do our kitchen.

Some of the photos from the stone quarry yesterday. Again they look much better in person.
OK I cannot post pics for some reason right now. Going to try later.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok going to try from my iPad as I'm working out. For some reason my Mac air is not letting me post pics.

First up is the marble they can't get anymore. By the way they get their marble from Italy. This was so lively and full of personality irl. The doesn't translate to my pics but it was not a boring white I assure you.

_6097.jpeg

_6098.jpeg

_6099.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next up is a leathered honed marble that has possibilities. Darker than I thought I wanted but it has some white streaks running through it that might complement our new kitchen color scheme well. :wacko: and Greg loved the feel of this. I tried capturing the texture to show you as best I could.

_6100.jpeg

_6101.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next up. Ugh having trouble with posting the right pics. Out of order sorry.

Last pic reminds us of ocean waves. Again a bit darker than I thought I wanted but it might work very well with white cabinets with still being bright enough. If we go with this or a similar less bright choice I want skylights in the kitchen which we may be able to do. We will see what the contractor says today.

First 2 are the classic Carrara marble that is a bit more gray than I initially wanted. It's an option.

_6103.jpeg

_6104.jpeg

_6105.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok last few are the quartz options. They seem lifeless next to the marble however. IMO. It it is the most durable choice. As I wrote before it is a lifestyle choice. I'm not sure what pics are posting because it seems wrong on the screen but I hit the right pics. Not sure if you guys are seeing the ones I chose or something different. Maybe it wasn't my apple laptop but a PS problem. Oh well hope the right pics are showing for you.

ETA: for some reason I cannot get all the correct photos I am submitting to post and different ones are posting so in the post above this one the middle pic is not correct, sorry. But these pics give you a general idea of what we are seeing anyway. Sorry for the confusion and I don't know what is going on...I am not good with technology, sorry!

_6106.jpeg

_6107.jpeg

_6108.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One last try. What I hope is going to post is the gray Carrara marble. It's labeled white but it is more gray. Looking for a whiter marble I think. My mind is still open to all options however.

_6109.jpeg

_6110.jpeg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, the one that looks like ocean waves is fantastic. I know [and you just said] you are wanting something lighter, but that sample is beautiful.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rainwood, you are so strong and I have no idea how you are doing it but you are doing it and that is all that counts! Hope the day is as good as it can be. Hugs !!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I love carrara marble! As you know, lol, except from my dad's comments. So I'm you best or worst enabler... You might want to look at Staturietto and Statuario also, Michelangelo's favourite :) More milky white than carrara I think. Just be sure to look at the actual slab avoid too much veins.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello girls :) we are in the mountains again for the weekend :) loooooove driving.... NOT :lol: Marcy, do you love driving now??? :) I can not get over that colour combination of red and blue :) :) Now I want a new car :lol: but no. House first! I'm being a good girl ;)) :lol:

Wish you all could have seen me now! I promise I'm anything but glamorous today! I don't really live a very glamorous life, but thank you for thinking so :) I do love to dress up :) and I do take benefit of any and all occasions and excuses to do so lol.
Missy, thank you (!!) for the picture and inspiration on a high-low hem! Something like that would be really good I think. Except perhaps that my ankles are not my best part.. they are really really slim. So they make my calfs look a bit big LOL. I might perhaps risk an asymmetric and rather high right-leg-spilt in combination with the high-low version :) (I'm horribly undecided lol)

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for the one thousand posts. I'm typing on my phone and the internet is.... fluctuating.

CJ, you can totally wear ballerinas! It just depends what you match them with! Personally, I match them with everything lol so perhaps I'm not a good tole model there.... I like the Audrey Hepburn look with tight jeans or midi skirt. The skirt + ballerinas makes my legs look big (they are not really, I think...). But a shorter skirt (not below knees) with a bit of volume and hey presto! Thin legs an ankles! :lol: :lol: :lol: They are my go-to's since I broke my ankle 2 years ago and my usual 12 cm heels no longer work very well for transportation walks.. lol. Long skirts too - ballerinas (perhaps with a pointy toe even) are so clean and cute :)

(As you all can probably tell by now, I love clothes, shoes and handbags too much...)

Jimmianne, I don't think there is anything more perfect than blue jeans and a crisp white shirt! Or just a nice cotton singlet. Have you girls tried the brand Bread and Boxer? The quality is seriously good!! Similar to fex James Pearse and Helmut Lang but a fraction of the price :)

Missy, black tie! You are so lucky! We are almost never invited for those, maybe a couple of times each year. Last time I bought a black dress from Ralph Lauren (business occasion, black dress, 3/4 long, sweetheart neckline, sleeves just covering the shoulder, tailored hourglass shaped that I dressed up with jewellery and a slim belt) before that from Halston heritage (floor lenght dark midnight blue to die for draped matt silk that I have never used because the party was cancelled... Would be fun to send it to you in the post :lol:).

Enough clothes ramblings! Ciao bella!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls -

Missy, so glad things are falling into place for Theo, and I will be hoping and praying he handles the trip ok - I really think he will. Hugs to you, I know this has all been very stressful and you should feel so good that you are pulling this off lol! Keeping J in my thoughts, such a sad situation.

Glad you had a productive day - sorry the weather is so lousy, but sounds like you had a good day anyway. I think it's great you are going for marble - it's what you really want, and you're absolutely right, with just 2 people using the kitchen you'll definitely be able to maintain it. I love the one that looks like waves too - but I think they're all pretty and it just depends on what one speaks to you and Greg the most. I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but I think we have marble countertops at the house in SC but I'm not totally sure :oops: They look like marble lol. I'll ask my husband if he knows, wish I had a close - up pic of the counters for you.

We're actually going to SC for a week in November, just to get away for a bit. It won't be really warm but the weather should still be pleasant. Can't lie, I'm looking forward to it.

Marcy, too funny, my husband tells me the same thing about sticking up for myself! He'll give me advice on what to say to people and I'll respond with "but I just don't talk like that to people!"

I've been waiting for a car update! I'm thinking you and Marty just decided to go on a road trip ha.

Scandi, have a great time in the mountains! I think it's wonderful you take advantage and have fun dressing up any chance you get. Life is too short not to enjoy ourselves a little and wearing something new and flattering does lift the spirits. My wardrobe definitely needs some sprucing up.

Rainwood, thinking of you today. Hugs.

And yes, I understand what you mean about feeling a sense of release, I think that is a part of what I am feeling as well. Thank you very much for sharing your experience.

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Hello NIRDIs!

June Bug glad to see you posting and hoping you are feeling well.

Rainwood--your heartfelt post must have been difficult to write, but I am glad you were able to share your feelings. :halo:

Missy: I like the wavy granite--but I've only seen a sample. Not sure it would be more waves than wanted...although I tend to like complicated granite. That is why I choose mine! Anyway, I think you know all white is just too much "spilled milk". :bigsmile: Oh and wonderful work on the kitty front--YOU ROCK!!

Hello to everyone else. :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy Dead animal on the grill! :D I'm guessing you're a vegetarian? Did you ever end up picking up those cinnamon swirl things. I'm the same way with DH. I love when he doesn't like something I do, more for me! There are so any things I've bought over the years that he doesn't like at first but then he ends up liking everything!

Trust me, my life is more boring mostly because if I can help it I don't go outside unless obligated. ::)

But it's funny how there's a comfort to hearing everyone's little daily things they're thinking about or doing.

rainwood you're so right that we're all works in progress...that even those people I admire or that I wish I was more like also have things they want to work on/change about themselves.

I hope your night went OK last night and am sure your DH loved watching you enjoy a glass of wine.

missy well, who needs heels when you look so cute in flats. Actually, I need heels makes my legs look a little less sausagey ::)

I just looked at pictures of POD. That sucks missy. I imagine it's uncomfortable, too. I used to get rashes in between my fingers and sometimes the corners of my mouth and it was uncomfortable, and itchy.

Whoever this couple is I love them already. I can't believe they're taking a flight to come get Theo. So happy for him.

And yes - keeping my fingers crossed for his brothers too.

Love the roof that Greg built for the kitties - so awesome.

june yes, my comfort zone was designed to involve animals of any kind so there's no room in there for people. :lol: DH is much less - careful - about speaking up and how he says things and while that is easier it does get him in trouble sometimes. So he helps me not think so much I help him think a little more.

scandanavian I love to hear that you're going to help some animals! Your good and positive energy will do wonders for them AND for the people!

I don't have a lot planned for the weekend except for dying my hair. I am trying a new color / brand which I have a feeling might be too dark but what the heck. It's demi permanent so it will wash out. I just want ZERO blond tones in the brown and lately I feel like the one I was using washes out with hinges of yellow/gold even though I love the color overall.

I picked up a weird looking fruit yesterday - Rambutan - from Guatemala. OMG it is so good and fun to eat. So glad I picked it up (marcy that's about as adventurous as I get lol)

Anyway girls I've had this post open for a while so I'm sure I've already missed some updates!

Hope you all have a great Saturday.

Thinking of all you, including of course Callie, Gypsy, Kristie, Jimmianne eta and canuk-gal!. Hope I didn't miss any responses.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, a holiday with DH sounds really really nice! You totally deserve that! :) And no matter how nice and understanding and caring your DH is, he will probably appreciate some time with you away from everything :)

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, :wavey: what kind of granite do you have?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian|1475340666|4082672 said:
Sharon, :wavey: what kind of granite do you have?

HI Scandi:

Delicatus creme. (or Splendor). My pieces don't have as much black or copper as shown in many pictures--but lots of cranberries, and clear/grey quartz. My cupboards are antiqued whitish and the island is chocolate brownish which matches one of the 7 colors in the granite. Split faced marble backslash--complicated or "busy"(like the granite) but it works together.

http://www.houzz.com/discussions/741883/what-do-you-think-of-this-combo-for-the-kitchen

cheers--Sharon

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello, ladies! Thanks so much for all the lovely words and thoughts.

It was a tough day so I stayed in all day, and Facebook posts made me a bit of a weeping mess at times, but it was wonderful reading all the things that people said about my DH. And one of our friends posted 2 photos that sent me over the top. My husband loved to waterski and these friends have a place on a lake and a boat. DH was able to ski there a couple of times even though he'd been going through chemo and even once after transplant. After he died, the husband asked what I was going to do with DH's vintage, much loved and work of art wood waterski. It was just gathering dust in the garage so I gave it to him. The pictures show he mounted it on their living room wall with a plaque that says "I had a good ride" which is what my DH told people once he realized he was dying. And it was true for waterskiing too. So touching that I tear up just describing it. He was much loved by a lot of people. And I had a lovely phone call from my niece who is still in the very early stages of her first but much longed for pregnancy so it really is about the circle of life.

Today, I decided it was time to get back to life and did some (more) retail therapy. I went Eileen Fisher crazy earlier in the week as I love her minimalist mix and match aesthetic plus the fabrics are always so lovely to the touch, and today I plugged a few more holes in the wardrobe, and then ventured into uncharted territory, coming home with a Wedgwood blue short zippered leather jacket. Actually, it's not even leather, but pleather, which I usually avoid but I swear it looks and feels real and with our rainy climate, leather can only be worn a very limited part of the time anyway. I haven't been clothes shopping until recently because I'm not even close to the size I want to be. But I decided I need to get over that. And my closet is evidence that I did, maybe a little too much. I'm off to the island tomorrow so I can meet with a potential contractor on Monday morning about the attic conversion.

Missy, you'll know your countertop when you see it. I haven't seen leathered marble before, but I love the leathered granite we have and because not every stone can be leathered (they use a blow torch on it), that must be some pretty durable marble. And my guess is it would show stuff less than either the polished or the honed but that's worth investigating. If I get natural stone in the kitchen again, I want it to be leathered. Every time I go by the buffet in the dining room on the island, I like to touch the leathered granite because it feels so great. So I'm with Greg on that. And just so you don't feel bad, my face is looking suboptimal too. I have milia and I can often take care of them myself (although my dermatologist would thrash me if he found out I do that), but this was really difficult to get out and so I have a big scab on my face, big as in it looks like I got into a bar fight big. It looked lovely when I went to the ballet! It looked even worse when I tried to cover it up so now I'm just waiting for it to heal.

Jimmianne, I got the Dermagel based on your recommendation and I like it. It smells a little bit horsey (reminds me of Bag Balm) but the scent goes away quickly. And I'm so looking forward to your French adventure. I didn't realize you are in the south of France. You have to read 'The Little Paris Bookshop' for its wonderful descriptions of the south of France and just because it's so charming, and ALL of Peter Mayle's early Provence books if you're going to remodel. Funny but painfully true.

Junie, I thought you might feel that sense of release. It's hard to explain but people who've gone through it know what I'm talking about. The sense of dread is so powerful and all-encompassing, and saps all of your energy.

Scandi, hope you have a great weekend in the country. And don't tell me you don't live a glamorous life. I've seen your chandeliers!! Plus you have slim ankles (which I used to have) so that's glamorous all by itself.

Marcy, I'm anxiously awaiting photos of you, your new bear, and your sapphire in your Porsche. Where are they, sister? Step on it, and I don't mean the gas pedal!

Sharon, are you getting ready for Thanksgiving next weekend? I may try to snag an invitation to my sister's so I can have two turkey days this year!

CJ, it does help knowing that all of us wish we were different in some ways, even people we admire or wish we could emulate. Knowing you're not alone in your feelings is always comforting.

Kristie, are you meditating yet? I still haven't opened the book I bought based on the recommendation in your thread, but I'm hoping to soon. Hope life is improving for you.

Callie, I hope things are improving for you too.

Sorry if I missed anyone. Happy Sunday, everybody!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new speedy sapphire.

Marcy

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1475381336.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1475381349.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1475381365.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1475381378.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And the garnet red interior

Marcy

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1475381494.jpg

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy, it looks like it's moving even when it's parked! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rainwood, it wants to get out there and speed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woo Hoo!!!
The NIRDIs new speedmobile!!!
I love it love it love it.
I hope you and the Bears enjoy many safe and happy hours of driving in this masterpiece.

Rainwood, it was painful to read about the thoughtful gesture of your friend with your DH's waterski, so I can imagine how hard it was for you. Two years out is still so fresh. I'm glad you are working on the attic conversion - it sounds like an engaging project.
And retail therapy. yes!

Missy, FYI I think the SAD light is actually helping. I am sleeping MUCH better and waking up feeling more positive. I have a big ol' white therapy light that never seemed to help, but apparently blue light is the spectrum that works. I had my doubts it would do much, but I can think of no other reason why I would suddenly feel better. The unit is quite small - like a makeup mirror - so it's practical for travel.
It will be very interesting to see which counter top you and Greg end up choosing. Hope your Sunday meeting gives some further insight.
I forgot to mention that I love Greg's roof solution for keeping the kitties dry.

Scandi, I looked up Bread and Boxers and could only find underwear or else men' clothing so far. Always glad for classic clothing recommendations! I like Splendid turtleneck tops with jeans from H&M paired with a sweater jacket and med-heel boots...and of course Tunics Tights & Knee-High Boots.
And thanks for the book recommendations. I've read Mayle, but not the other, which I will get right away.

All I can think about is going to France to decorate my house. It's like a neurosis. I keep buying curtains and such, but realistically I don't want to carry all that on the trains, so I will probably leave it all home and see what's available there.

I just had my first glimpse of how things work there. I wrote to the mayor's office to inform them that I wanted to paint my window trim blue [all exterior work must be approved]. They wrote back--- I need to fill out a 7 page form, make four copies, and with each copy include three views of the house and the RAL paint color I will be using and who will be doing the painting. All this for only four windows! It doesn't upset me, I think it is funny, but it does make me realize that i'm not going to get there and just sail on accomplishing things quickly.
It took me hours to translate and fill out the 7 page form, and I ordered the RAL color deck from Amazon yesterday. I actually love doing these things! what a hobby. lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Rainwood, How heartwarming that your dh was so loved by so many. I teared up reading what you wrote. I already know he was a wonderful person and a great husband (the best) and a terrific friend to all. How talented and smart and just all around a great guy. It doesn't surprise me since you are terrific too. It is nice that others appreciated and loved him so much. I am glad these memories are with you always and yes he had a good run and you guys shared the best marriage for many decades. Biggest (((hugs))) to you my friend. Facebook can be a tool for good.

I am sorry your face is not cooperating either but no it doesn't make me feel better at all. I don't want you or any of the NIRDIs to share any of my health related problems in any way. I hope you milia wounds heal and next time please go to the dermatologist please don't do it yourself. I know I don't have much luck at the derm myself but your condition is different and he can take care of that for you more safely than you can though I know you are pretty great at most things you try leave the medical stuff to the derm just because it is your face. I don't want anyone else to have a marred face. Me having one is enough. :((

I have lots of pics to share from our marble shopping yesterday at 3 more quarries and yes Greg loves the leather marble and I like it but I am not sure about cleaning it since it is textured... would it accumulate dirt more easily and is it harder to clean I wonder. I know it would seem like when I see "my" countertop I would know but keep in mind I had to date Greg 5 years before I really knew he was my b'shert. And I wasn't some youngster either at the time so sometimes I really just don't know until I am hit over the head with it. LOL.

What a great shopping expedition you enjoyed and I would have loved shopping with you. I like Eileen Fisher too and good for you just going for it. I agree not waiting for the size you want to be but embracing the size you are and wearing what makes you feel good!
I tried wearing pleather (since it is an animal friendly option) but I just cannot breathe in it and my body started sweating immediately. But my body is hypersensitive to everything as you already know so I am sure most people can successfully wear that material. I love blue though and was searching for a blue leather jacket that I never found. I bet that blue jacket you bought is gorgeous and perfect for the rainy weather too. Blue is a great color. My favorite.

I am considering some blue in the countertop and one of my faves was a Celestial blue dolomite. Do you know anything about Dolomite as a countertop? I will include pics of that too because that is one of my top choices as of now. It will wear like marble however so it is a risk but if we decide to go with Marble or Dolomite I am not going to look back and regret it. We will live our lives and deal with the aging and marring of whatever countertop we choose. Much like normal aging haha.

Junie, I am so glad you have a getaway at the beach planned for November. It's a good time of year to get away from the dreary Northeast. Thank you for your comforting words as always. I am more nervous now due to an email from the woman adopting Theo but I explained below in my reply to CJ. Hopefully it will all still work out. Hugs to you and hope your weekend is going well.

Scandi, I am glad you are enjoying the mountains this weekend and there is a lot of good to getting away and having a change of scenery. I was feeling quick to sell one of our homes but now I am focusing on enjoying them both for as long as we can keep them. It's a lot of work but also a very lovely payoff enjoying them both and what they each have to offer so different from each other. And you can enjoy that with multiple homes in different locales. I used to enjoy dressing up a lot more but I think if my face (and body LOL) was/were cooperating I would start enjoying it much more. I used to have skinny ankles but breaking my left leg I don't think it is as skinny anymore and now I am slightly asymmetric. Oh well what can I do. At least I can walk and cycle and enjoy my activities and for that I am forever grateful. As I get older (and hopefully somewhat wiser) I appreciate my body for what I can do and try not focusing on what it looks like if you kwim. Though I still try my best to look presentable there is only so much I can do as I get older.

Thank you for the marble recs. We did see those at the first quarry but I took pics yesterday at the other quarries and got photos of the marble you recommended. Such a difficult decision so please weigh in with your thoughts. I hope all you girls weigh in with your favorites and what you think because I greatly value everyone's opinion. I know it is a subjective decision for the most part though there are facts we cannot avoid LOL. Have you narrowed down your countertop choices yet? Did I miss it? Sometimes the posts are fast and furious here and I might miss a few things no matter how carefully I try not to.

CJ, thank you for the lovely compliment but I do wish I could wear more of a heel occasionally just because it makes me feel more elegant if you kwim but I have to settle for flats or a one and a half inch chunky low heel at best. Oh well. I am sure you look great in whatever shoes you decide to wear and we all have body challenges that is for sure. I never heard of that fruit but it sounds yummy and now I want to find it and try it myself. Hope your hair color turns out exactly like you want it too. Mine is getting so gray but I am too lazy to go to a hair appointment and I desperately need a haircut too. Yesterday after I washed it I was detangling it and I had such a big knot I just cut off a chunk. LOL I wouldn't be laughing but I cannot deal with hair issues right now.

Too much other stuff going on...the woman who is taking Theo emailed me and now she is telling me that Zeke and Yoshi are going to have to stay with Susie until late April at the earliest since her dh will be working long hours the next 2 quarters. I truly appreciate everything they are doing and they are going above and beyond for sure but one of the reasons I wanted Theo to go with them was her promise to adopt Zeke and Yoshi if J's sister cooperated. But I am really not sure J's sister will be willing to care for them long after J dies so now I am stressed a lot. Also just worried about tomorrow because her dh is sick and I hope he will be able to fly here. If not I might have to explore other options for Theo. Please please please don't let this unravel.

Sharon, I love your kitchen combination and thank you for sharing. Yes all white is to much like spilled milk and I really detest milk btw so just another reason not to do all white. I have many pics to share and would love your input if you have the time and I am successful in downloading the photos. I think the wavy marble might be too much pattern and too dark but I haven't decided on anything yet. I am so indecisive.

Marcy, I am going ohhh la la over your car pics. What a beauty. Have you named her/him yet? Haha I love Jimmianne's description of it being your speed mobile. Not too fast please we want you to drive safely OK! (((HUGS))) and enjoy! Oh and I almost forgot to say one of the materials we saw the other day is classified as a gemstone! I don't remember the name though arghh. I will ask Greg if he remembers. Hope your weekend is going well and that you are enjoying the heck out of your new sapphire gemstone!

Jimmianne, OMG I hate red tape and sorry to hear it is worldwide. Why is everything a pain and difficult to achieve even something as simple as painting trim. I am glad you are enjoying your redecorating plans however and also glad the SAD light appears to be working for you. I will definitely have to get mine out of storage if I can find it.

OK girls I am going to hit send before I attempt sharing pics because this is a really long post and I would hate losing it. We have an early appointment today with one of the kitchen designers who is coming here so I don't have as much time as usual to spend here this morning but I will try sharing some pics before I have to go. If I don't finish I will pick it up later if I can. OK I changed my mind and will share the Dolomite Celestial Blue in this post. Hope I don't lose everything!

Hope you all have a great Sunday!

dolomiteblue.jpeg

dolomiteblueiwitsparkles.jpg

dolomiteblue.jpg

dolomitebluecelestialwithbacksplashandcabinet.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We saw so many marbles and other materials over the past 2 days I am bleary eyed LOL. I am only sharing some of the choices so you can imagine how much we saw.

And then we saw a quartz counter that I am not ruling out despite not loving quartz in general because this one seemed like it had potential. There are silver sparkles in it that might look great with our stainless appliances and it gave the quartz some liveliness that I find lacking in most of the quartz samples I have been seeing. Sharing that quartz here next. Stellar white is the name. But I worry it might read too plain/too white from far away but close up it is pretty. It is the quartz on the left in the first 2 photos.

Believe it or not the quartz is either the same price as the marble or more expensive than some of the marble choices. I was surprised. In the first pic the quartz on the right (which I really liked but it read too gray I think) was a lot more expensive than some of the marble choices. But keep in mind we weren't able to get pricing at most of the quarries because we have not yet picked a kitchen place to do our work but the last quarry gave us prices (including the Dolomite) and that's how I know the quartz is more expensive than some of the other options.

stellarwhitequartzandbacksplash.jpg

quartzstellarwhiteandbacksplash.jpg

stellarwhitequartz.jpg

stellarwhitequartzwithsilversparkles.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved this marble called Pentelicus but not sure if it is too dark or too busy. But I responded favorably when I saw it so it is an option. Again need your thoughts. Greg is no help seriously because he keeps saying this is my decision. All of it is my decision. I mean he does share a few thoughts but generally he is not being as helpful as I need him to be so we agreed if I choose something and we install it and then I decide I hate it we will redo the countertops. LOL Scandi he's being like your dh acting like we can just redo no problem. But I will seriously redo it if I hate it when I get it so that's why I need your help.

First 2 pics Pentelicus marble.

Last 2 pics Carrara marble. Carrara is the cheapest marble I was told. Most of the marble I loved were the highest price points so this was the only one I liked that was not the highest price point but not sure this is the one I like best but including it here for comparison.

pentelicus.jpg

pentelicus.jpeg

whitecarrara.jpeg

whitecarrara.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next up is the Calcatta Gold Premium. I loved the green in it but not sure that is a wise choice. And LOL I just realized you can see our reflections in this. Hahaha. Anyway what do you think of the green in it?

And next 2 pics are of the Staturio Marble. Might be too busy and the other one that I have not yet posted I do think is too busy. The Statuarietto marble I think is too busy. Next post will have the Statuarietto.

calcattagoldpremiumhasgreen.jpg

calcattagoldpremium.jpg

statuario.jpg

stataturio.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK Last post for now cause I am running late and have to go. The Statuarietto marble.

And last 2 are Calcatta Sky. I like this one very much too.

Enjoy the morning and I will post more pics when I have a chance. Thank you for weighing in and checking out all my pics! :wavey:

statuariettomarble.jpg

statuariettojpg.jpeg

calcattasky.jpg

calcattaskymarble.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha I'm back. Can't get rid of me. :lol: I'm just posting a few more as I work out till I can't do both once the workout gets too intense. Additional Dolomite Celestial blue pics. I like the perspective shots with Greg standing next to it.

_6121.jpeg

_6122.jpeg

_6123.jpeg

_6124.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results