carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

CJ, the beauty of cars are they can always wait to be cleaned. I am kind of a clean freak but the fact I could see dust on the rails in the closet (and overflowing baskets) inspired me to dig out the duster and go through some things. This would be the first closet I have ever dusted but it’s a room not just a hole in the wall. Really! I could have easily written what you said about responding emotionally and illogically when my buttons are pushed. I used to be awful about actually composing emails that said exactly what I wanted to say then never send it. Of course I finally decided that wasn’t a good idea because sooner or later I was going to accidentally hit send. I did just have a mini Coke and some chocolate chip cookies. They were tasty but I have more; come on over.

Missy, I hope your rash is doing better.

Junie, thinking of you and your family.

I stayed up late last night thinking I can sleep in tomorrow. Stupid construction workers get up way before I planned on though. Rats.

Marty used miles for an upgrade to O’Hare and then got a free upgrade to DIA to he had 2 nice flights home today. He was asking me why I was home (he has a great memory NOT) so my response was I am Marcy No Car. I guess he has calls in the morning to Australia or Hong Kong so we’ll have to figure out when he can get me to work. I hope my car is ready to pick up tomorrow. I can’t imagine it would take that many days to fix.

I watched “Mother’s Day” this afternoon. Definitely a chick flick but it was okay to pass a couple of hours. It is gorgeous outside - no breeze or anything and warm. WTH? Did I wake up in a parallel universe?

You know when I work I keep thinking how nice it would be at home; now that I’m at home and missing a few days of work I’m bored and will be glad to go back to work tomorrow.

No news on my car.

Laters,
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls. Sorry I missed a day. As you all (most of you) know I am dealing with some issues besides the kitties and I am exhausted. But thank you all for keeping me company and encouraging me and always being here for me. Love you all.

Marcy, I love the name Fred. Good choice and my Fred is thrilled you named your new bear the same name. He is claiming now that he is the bear"s cat-father. 8-)
I am glad Marty is home with you and hopefully the killer bunnies are behaving again.
Boo to your new car not being here yet. But I think it will arrive very soon. 8)
Thank you so much for being here for me always Marcy. I cannot tell you what it means to me. (((HUGS))).

CJ, I hope everything is going well and I am sorry you are dealing with that stress re the group. It is a tough one and I hope it all works out for you. Tea and chocolate chip cookies sound delicious. Don't worry the chores will always be there for you LOL. I am not good about that either these days and there's a lot that needs to be done that I have not been doing. Sharing here helps me immensely and is the reason this thread was even started and it makes me happy it is helping others. We are always here for you CJ. Always. Thanks for all your support and encouragement in the cat thread. I really appreciate it so much. (((HUGS))).

Junie, I hope you are doing OK. No matter what is going on with me you are always in my thoughts and I am here for you. Thank you for being here for me too. You are such a dear. (((HUGS))).

Rainwood, Scandi, LLJsmom, Kristie, Callie, Jimmianne, and everyone else, thank you for all your love and support. (((HUGS))).

As an update though I think most of you know I am not doing great POD wise and I am just feeling all those same emotions all over again that I had 2 years ago during my first outbreak. David cannot offer me any help other than what I am already doing and obviously this is something that just is and I cannot control it. I am trying hard not to fall into a pit of despair and having something besides myself to worry about and fixate on is helpful but not enough to get me out of my own head. I know you get what I am saying and I am just hoping this situation with my POD is not forever. It hurts so much besides the appearance being unpleasant. I am going to keep as positive an outlook as possible and fight hard against being depressed.

Hoping everyone has a great day and thinking of all of you. (((HUGS))).

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good Morning All.

I woke up thinking about the world of NIRDIs, how interesting a community it is, and wondered if there are people who follow the thread and what they think of it! Or, if people come to it, as I did in the beginning because I thought "Now I Really Did It" meant someone bought the biggest diamond ever. haha
No, that was not it, but instead something more valuable.

Missy, I hate that you are having issues. You look so beautiful in your KISS photo it never would have occurred to me that things are less than perfect for you right now : (. I'm sorry you are feeling down. HUGS, dear Missy.

June, I don't know if you are coming to the thread these days, and I know you must be very busy, but sending my love.

CJ, wishing all good things for you and I am glad you come here to talk about the things that are not so good.

Marcy, I love reading your posts about daily life. Your new bracelet is lovely both in style and the colors and it looks great with your set.
I am happy to know that at least one of us is keeping up with bling acquisitions...and teddy acquisitions.
Nose kisses to Fred!

Last week I bought my plane ticket for France for the month of November, and yesterday got train tickets for travelling South [on Halloween!] and then back to the airport at the end of the month. I also reserved a rental car for the month [larger than usual to accommodate hauling out the old stuff, which the house is packed with, and bringing in the new from IKEA, etc.],
and made a hotel reservation at the airport for my return trip. An overnight is necessary, as It is impossible with the train schedule to get from South France to the airport in time.
I think I'm getting the hang of this! Don't I make it sound simple? It has certainly been a learning curve and I'm sure will continue to be as I try to navigate home repairs with my limited French. I can't even figure out my French checking account which has some very mysterious and seemingly unsolvable elements to it. All the things we take for granted...it's like being a child again. Kind of fun.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls!

Missy, thank you so much for the beautiful poem, so comforting - I truly appreciate all your support and kindness, it has really helped me.

I'm doing ok - feeling a variety of emotions at different times, it will take me a while to come to terms with this life change but overall, for now (at least lol), I'm coping. I'm looking forward to catching up with you girls and…I don't know, just start participating in life again.

I am so sorry about your POD flare-up and that you are feeling so discouraged and worried, big hugs to you and I hope it starts improving soon. I feel so badly that you are going through such a challenging time and I know how hard it is to fight those feelings of depression. We are all here for you whenever you need us, that goes without saying, and I do get how tough it can be to fight the despair and I truly hope you start feeling better soon.

Oh, congrats on hitting 3,000 miles - Now that is impressive! Love the kissing selfie too, so sweet.

I'm encouraged by the progress being made on the kitty situation, hoping and praying this all comes together.

LLJsmom, thank you so much, your words are very comforting. I hope things are going well for you and you're feeling good. And I hope work isn't stressing you out too much and the kids are having a good start to the school year.

Jimmianne, thank you for keeping me in your thoughts and for sending your love! Yes, I've been checking in with the thread and I'm eager to jump back in - I agree that we are an interesting and diverse group with lots going on and it really adds to my life to be in "involved" in the lives of the nirdis. I too wonder if anybody else is following this thread, imo it makes for very interesting reading lol!

Love the pics of your dd, wow, the body painting is very cool and the artists are so talented.

I'm very impressed with all the travel arrangements you've made! I know it's not easy and you really do seem to be getting the hang of it. I'm so excited for you to begin this new adventure and glad to hear you are enthusiastic about it. It does sound like fun!

Scandi, thank you so much for your kind words xox- yes, it's a tough time in life but my nirdis have been so wonderful and it's been great knowing you are all here for me.

I am so sorry your furbaby decided she was in the mood to run at the competition! ;( I know it's disappointing but hang in there, now you know what she needs to work on and you can address it. Sounds like you still managed to have a nice weekend in spite of feeling discouraged.

CJ, I really appreciate your sympathy, thank you so much for thinking of me. (((hugs)))

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling a little with how to handle your group situation - these kinds of things are hard for me too. I find myself agonizing over what to say and how to say it. It's exhausting lol. I'm a bit envious of people who don't have as much trouble just voicing their opinion and thoughts. I think you should say something - as a member of the group, I think you have the right to express how you're feeling but I do get that it's easier said than done.

Marcy, thanks to you too for thinking of me and for your support and kindness. I can't tell you how much you have helped my just by being here for me.

I love your new bear! He's adorable, I love his blue plaid accessories. And your bracelet is gorgeous, I the the tri-color look, you made an excellent choice and I hope you're really enjoying it. So anxious for you to get your new car! Can't wait, it's going to be so much fun owning and driving such an awesome car.

Kristie, thinking of you and hope you're doing ok! Thanks again for your good thoughts and comforting words.

Gypsy, thank you sweetie! Just having your support has been such a big help. I'm thinking of you, I know all too well life can just be so challenging sometimes and I hope you're doing ok.

Well, I think I've touched base with everyone, apologies if I somehow missed someone, I hope everyone is having a good day so far!

ETA: Oh my gosh I'm such a loser - Calliecake, I am SO sorry I didn't respond to you, please forgive me - Thank you SO much for all of the caring and support you've extended to me during this rough period, it has meant so much to me and I truly appreciate it! (((hugs))). I hope things are going ok for you and all is well with your family.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello :wavey:

I'm here, just working too much on everything and nothing at the same time. We have booked a weekend for two for some sun in December, I have started shopping for that online already in my "coffee breaks", lol.
Had a family birthday today, so that has taken a lot of time and energy, making dinner and cakes etc. and cleaning up after. Why do we clean? Somebody please remind me, it is always - not very clean - again the next day so obviously a total waste of time!

Missy, I'm always here, just hopelessly unable to help you. I'm so sorry about the POD. Hope it goes away fast! (I do get zits in my face when I eat anything sugar, if that makes you feel better, but probably not.)

Jimmianne, you are so good at this already! That sounds like a wonderful plan!! Any outsiders will probably think that we are all kind of crazy, lol and good for us :lol:

June, you are so strong! Hats of to you :halo:

Marcy, WHERE IS THAT CAR??

CJ, stop thinking so much ;-) You are a smart girl, half of that thinking will be more than enough! (Please please take that the right way...)

Re NIRDIs. I just want to tell you that I think we are all strong and that when we support each other, we are even stronger. No ifs, not buts, and no joke. (Except all the bad jokes from me, lol :devil: :halo: )

Ciao bellas!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, how are you?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs,

Missy, I hope you are feeling and doing better today. I hate to hear you are depressed and stressed; I sure wish they could figure out a way to keep that pesky rash at bay. After my knee surgeries I used to do goofy things like use eye shadow to draw faces around my knee caps but of course that might aggravate your face. My orthopedic thought I was a flake but I am easily entertained. Glad to hear your Fred doesn’t mind if I name my new bear Fred. You are welcome; I appreciate you being there to help me get through the day as well.

Jimmianne, I also wonder what some people think of our on-going discussions. Lots of excitement mixed in with heartache, trials and challenges here. Thank you for the compliments about my bracelet. I swore off jewelry to save money for my car but you see how well I followed through on that! Fred said thanks for the nose kisses. Good deal for making plans and booking travel for your trip to France. The train trip will be fabulous! I will be excited to hear all about it (including pictures of course). Very cool!

Junie, I am glad to hear you are doing okay. Definitely pamper yourself and do some things that make you relax or that you enjoy. You deserve some me time. We are here to help, listen and support you any way we can. Thank you for the kind words about my bracelet. I really like the look and feel of it. All of a sudden I am drifting back to gold jewelry without gems or diamonds. I might looks for some tri color dangle earrings but not for a few months (remind me of that ha ha). The new bear has sapphire colors so he will match my new car. Yes, I am very excited and anxious to get my new car.

Scandi, good deal to be planning a vacation in December and shopping for it already. The birthday party sounds fun but I agree - why do we clean when it just gets dirty again. That is why the day our house gets cleaned I usually want to go to dinner. I like a clean kitchen for at least 1/2 of a day. I do have an answer to “Where is that car?” It’s at the dealer and I get it Friday. Woo hoo!!!

I started my morning by knocking over a glass of water and it went right on a power strip. I did take a bow after we unplugged everything and cleaned up the water. Luckily Wyoming has no humidity so everything was dry tonight and I put everything back together.

Marty took me to work at 7 so he could make conference call at 8 yet I barely got my work done in 9 hours. Too much stuff to catch up.

The auto body shop notified me about 11 that my A6 was ready to pick up so we went and picked it up during lunch. It looks great. You can’t even tell where the scratch was before.

My Porsche is in Colorado and I can pick it up Friday afternoon. Woo hoo. My sales associate sent me 2 pictures. It’s still wrapped but it looks good. I am so excited. Our appointment isn’t until 4 pm though; I am guessing they will still be cleaning, checking and detailing the car in to the afternoon.

We had homemade tacos for supper.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

20160927_150425_0.jpg

20160927_150442_hdr_0.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, you are such a tease. You wrote all those nice things and didn't even mention your car until the end of your post.
OMG!!! It's gorgeous! Truly a jewel. In any color it would be a fabulous car, but the teal is SO good.

I'm awake because we are having violent thunderstorms and I decided to get further away from the sky by moving downstairs to the couch. It will be fun to see if my new high-capacity rain gutters alleviate the flooding issues I'd been having with my basement.

Back to the car. Only two days to wait, but a long two days. yes? lol

Good night and sweet dreams of teal sugar plums.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Marcy, OMG OMG OMG that blue is soooooo good !!! :love: :love: :love: And the ruby interior really sets it off even more! You will have to drive around with the door open and then you will truly earn your nick name :lol: We almost never go out for dinner (sigh..), because we live outside the city and have children (double sigh..) but I do love to and plan on doing it at least three times a day when on holiday :lol:

Missy, how are you doing? Wish I could come visit you and we could find me some new earrings :Up_to_something:

Jimmianne, everything OK after the storm? Even here it was really windy two nights ago. Now it rains. And rains. And rains.

June, I think you might deserve a mini holiday (or a really go-all-in holiday!) soon too! Take the family and just sail away ;-)

Gypsy, have you decided about moving? I still have not given up hope of moving you over here :Up_to_something: :halo: :Up_to_something: Living costs are a bit high, but plenty of jobs for all :) Actually, I don't know anyone who has had problems finding work. A few who does not like the work they find, but that is a whole other story isn't it? Lazy people. And the NIRDIs are anything but :appl: Thinking of you, wishing you the best.

Actually talked to a friend who is on the board of our main animal rescue organizations, think I will try to help there after we finish the house. She said I could volunteer at the centre, but I think I might use my skills for a bit of lobbying or something also. I think we need more laws to protect the animals here, not just cats and dogs, but more typical farm animals also. They need grass and air. We shall see.... :Up_to_something:

So, I do hope you are all up for helping me with the holiday wardrobe, hahaha now I'm going to obsess over than until December :lol: :lol: :lol: I already have bought a really nice dress that I'm going to transform from gown into a flat-sandal-going-gypsy dress. Norwegian designer actually, but hey - loved by Paris Hilton so whom am I to complain :lol: :lol:

Happy Thursday!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgot to include the dress I mentioned! Mine is a light gray/blue colour, which makes it a lot less formal. So just need to make it a bit shorter (as in find someone else who can make it shorter, lol, I'm not even able to fix pants... I draw the line at shirt buttons!). And perhaps a little shorter in the front than in the back to avoid tripping over it and make it more summery (I know I know, not a word, but it should have been!!)

Give me your thoughts! :wavey:

melli_dress.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Jimmianne, I am so happy you are happy and excited about your trip to France and it seems you have the hang of it now. The learning curve is over and now you are a hardy seasoned traveler and going back and forth between both homes will be less challenging. I think an overnight stay at the hotel near the airport on your return trip is a smart idea. Please take lots of pics of your French home as I am wanting more after those few that you shared. You and Marcy and Scandi teasing us with all these lovely starter pics. We need more. :cheeky:

Junie, thank you honey for all your comforting words and support even while you are going through this difficult time. I am glad you are managing it day by day and coping with it all. We all love you and are here for you and life is such a struggle some/much of the time and then it is over all too fast. I know there's a joke in there LOL but it is so true. One day at a time and you are doing OK. (((Hugs))) to you.

Scandi, I completely agree that having each other makes us stronger. I love that dress and you are going to make it even more beautiful. Cannot wait to see what you and your tailor does with it. It sounds like you want a hi-lo dress and I have many of those that I wore all summer. Easy to walk in and shows a bit of leg too. Very easy to wear. And perhaps you can have a shrug made from the same material to cover your shoulders if it gets cool. I love the versatility of a shrug and have many of them in both casual and dressy materials. I love a blue gray color and I think it will be gorgeous. Looking forward to hearing more about what you are going to do with the dress. Yay for you volunteering with animal rescue. This may not come as a surprise to anyone but I really don't enjoy doing it but there is a terrible need for people to help the animals so onward I go. But I really am not cut out for this.

Marcy, your sapphire Porsche is just beautiful and you are picking her/him up tomorrow. I know you are excited. And wow on the ruby interior. It really works well with the blue. I just love it. I am glad you have your Audi back in the meantime. Will you be sad to say goodbye to it? LOL at the knee cap drawings. Yes that would irritate my face but I like the way you think. Having a sense of humor is truly critical to getting through life.

Speaking of dresses we have a black tie wedding to go to in December and I have nothing to wear. So not in the mood to go to a black tie affair either but Greg really wants to go so I will have to start looking for a dress probably in November since I have no time really to do it before then. Or I can lose 10 lbs and fit into something I have in my wardrobe that is fancy shmancy because the last time I wore anything black tie was years ago I think. However I am not in the mood to diet so I think I will just get something new. :devil:

Today is the day I pick Theo up after work and I am nervous about integrating him into our household for overnight and then bringing him with our furry 4 to the beach house tomorrow AM and waiting till Ann comes around noon (I hope she does come tomorrow because tomorrow is a busy day for her and it isn't definite) to pick him up. Then in a few weeks the couple who will adopt him are flying in and we will meet them at the airport with Theo. I am so nervous about this whole thing because I am worried something will go wrong along the way. Lots of things up in the air that can come crashing down yanno? So just praying and hoping it goes as smoothly as possible and that Theo arrives safely to his new loving home. I just hate that we have to wait a few weeks in limbo with poor Theo being uprooted and uprooted again. But this is the way it is so I am hoping sweet Theo isn't too unhappy/upset and will be OK. I am nervous to also have to say goodbye to J as I won't ever see her again. :cry:

I hope everyone has a lovely day. (((Hugs))).

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a storm we had! My DD even texted me at 1:30am to see if I was OK. It is still lightning now.
Missy are you seeing any storming? Your weather report at midnight didn't show it hitting you, but it WAS headed that way.

Meanwhile I am almost disbelieving - my basement is dry! How odd that it's taken this long to figure out; over the years we have tried coating the basement, and at one point ripped out the ceiling to see if a pipe was leaking.

Scandi, Love your dress, it looks perfect for you. I hope you will share photos when you wear it. I envy your lifestyle that you would have a place to wear it! Clean blue jeans is the epitome of "dressed-up" here.

My Philips goLite BLU [SAD light] came yesterday - it's cool-very small, enough so to use when travelling, but powerful. I'm going to use it 30 minutes every morning to see if it helps with Winter blues.
[ Marcy, I know what you got for your Winter Blues and it IS Blue, lol. That is going to be a rockin' Winter car].

Oh Missy, so sad about J. I hope things go well for Theo.

June, you do sound as though you are coping well. Not coping is OK too. What a complex stage of life! [[[More hugs]]] and good thoughts to you today and every day.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I think Theo will be just fine!! Maybe a bit unhappy for a few days, but he will adjust. Saying goodby to J, there is just no good way of doing that. Just stay true to what you think she prefers. Tell her that she is amazing and that she can call any time she needs you and that Theo will be OK and that she is doing the right thing. Just try to give her peace. My 2 cents if you want them. If not, please ignore! :halo:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, yay so glad your basement is dry! it's raining here with storms predicted for a few days. Hope your bad weather has gone. Nothing like making a complicated travel situation tomorrow morning more complicated with 5 kitties and pouring rain and thunder. :errrr:

Scandi, thanks for the good advice. I will say what is in my heart without getting mushy as J is a no frills person. Plus I don't think she has accepted what is happening yet. Can't blame her. ;( :cry:

Forgot to share a pic of the cedar roof Greg is making to go over the ferals feeding station at the beach for protection from rain and storms while eating. He has to paint the trim and I think a few more finishing touches but here it is.

_6061.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, while I was just looking through my photos for the inspirational quotes thread I found this pic I took a month or so ago. Example of the hi lo hem I was talking about. Of course this is a super casual dress but it could work very well in a more formal dress.

_6067.jpeg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, thank you for the kind words and big hugs to you. Yes, I'm just taking it day by day and just allowing myself to feel however I want to feel - I'm experiencing different emotions at different times so I'm just kind of going with it right now.

And it sounds like the situation with Theo is going to work out fine! I know you're nervous but I'm pretty confident this is all going to fall into place. And I think Theo is going to manage fine as well - he might be a little thrown for a while but I guess that's unavoidable and the end result will be he's going to be in a loving home.

I know it's going to be hard to say goodbye to J but you will do ok. I think you are right in not getting too mushy, especially since she doesn't quite seem to understand what's going on and she's not a very sentimental person. Probably better to keep things a little lighter. As badly as my mother was doing at the end, I don't think she realized she was dying so I avoided being too emotional because I didn't want to scare her. There's no right or wrong I guess, so I think I would just follow J's lead - I think Scandi offered really good advice but you just have to follow your heart and do what feels right to you.

Scandi, your vacation sounds wonderful, it makes such a difference to have something to look forward to. The dress you posted is gorgeous and changing the hemline will definitely make it a bit more casual. And yes, my husband and I are going to South Carolina in November, and honestly I'm really looking forward to it. It won't exactly be beach weather but it should still be pleasant. Actually, I really don't even care what the weather is like, it will be nice to just get away for a bit. The kids won't be able to make this one because they have to work but hopefully we can plan something with them at some point.

Marcy, omigosh that car is gorgeous! You must be beyond thrilled. The day you've been waiting for is almost here! Thanks for the caring words - and yeah, honestly I'm just giving myself a break this week and not doing much of anything. The past few months in particular have been pretty traumatic and I just feel I need to give myself time to recover a little and process everything that's happened.

Jimmianne, thank you…yes, it's certainly a complex time and different emotions involved, just allowing myself to feel however I happen to be feeling at that particular moment lol. I'm very glad the basement situation has been figured out, water in the basement is just such a mess and hassle and it's great that you've found a solution.

Kristie and Gypsy, thinking of you both!

See you all soon! xox

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Jimmianne - and thanks for letting me think outloud and listening. :) And I agree, I love to hear about marcy's daily adventures. :)

I also think that anybody that stops in this thread can tell how awesome and special place this is. It's just so easy to see.

missy I don't know what POD is I tried to google it but didn't come up with anything that sounds like it might be what you're facing. Whatever it is, I know you're not feeling great right now so I hope it resolves soon.

Wishing you luck with Theo today (I can't believe it's actually happening). I know everything is going to go OK. Please give him a big hug for me. I feel bad for him even though Scandi is so right...he will adjust. Everything will work out. Sending good wishes and lots of love to Theo.

And I'm sorry you have to say goodbye to J today. :(sad Take some comfort in knowing you were the absolute best friend she could have wished for.

ETA I'm so jealous that you can wear flats like that. I think they are so cute but I look so ridiculous in ballet flats. One because my ankles are...generous ::) and two because I just look silly.

june yes, it's exhausting. I guess I just feel that relationships are so fragile you know? One wrong word, one wrong tone, unless BOTH people/sides are willing to correct, or air out what they feel, things can quickly spiral out of control because little things add up, and they end up never feeling the "same". So that's partly where the overcautious comes from.

It's so nice to see you back here again a little more often.

scandi I actually loved your advice to think only half as much and I should still be OK because I'm smart ::). I know you're coming from a good place with it and even though it's straight advice it was still gentle. And true. I have all these reasons why I think so much and sometimes I think it's necessary to proceed correctly but other times - maybe most times - not so much. So thank you. :D

marcy Thanks for the invite ::) yesterday DH and I went to Whole Foods and bought one of their cakes that looks like a sweet bread but has cheese in it like a danish type. It was SO good. I made tea and I love it because after many years of telling DH that dunking is good he has now started to do it once in a while. I think he resisted it for a long time just to not say I'm right ::) he's still more picky about textures (things being too mushy or whatever) but overall, he is now a convert and does dunk once in a while. :bigsmile:

My writing is even more thought out than my speaking lol especially in business related stuff. I don't know at some point I became scared of other people's possible reactions to my words. I don't like to be wrong as in I say something and the other person points out why it was a horrible thing to say and then I'm like embarrassed and don't even know how to apologize because it's so embarrassing. :/

ETA: marcy that car! Gorgeous. I need a new car. Anything. haha It's so nice to drive around in a new car. Enjoy it to the fullest.

callie, gypsy, kristie, lljsmom, rainwood everyone, hi and hugs to you all on this Thursday.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just had to show you this one :)

20160929_200251.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, I always try to respond to everyone before I blather on about myself. You ladies are way more exciting then my routine days. I am glad you like the colors on my car. I was hesitant about the red interior but since it’s a Porsche what the heck; why not? Be flashy! Oh no to a bad thunderstorm. That’s great news your rain gutters worked though. Less than 1 day now to car time. I hope you love your new light. I know people in the Seattle area use lamps like that because it’s so cloudy there. We usually have sun at least part of every day here (and wind and snow). I think my new car will be great in snow - German’s know how to build cars that can go through that white stuff.

Scandi, I even bought a royal blue sweater and red knit shirt to match my car. It’s too warm to wear them tomorrow though. Darn. You are right I’d hit all sorts of curbs if I was driving around with my doors open. I am glad you get to enjoy going out when you are on vacation. We used to eat out more than we cooked at home but now that Marty works at home it is kind of a pain to go back out to eat. It’s better for us and cheaper so that’s a good thing. That would be wonderful to do some work on improving life for our furry friends. Love that dress! LOL at what calories are up to. I knew it!

Missy, I am so glad you got Theo a new home. Yeah! I will miss my A6; it has been the best car I’ve ever owned and I really enjoyed having it. I still have moments of “what am I doing?” but tomorrow those thoughts will pass. I’m with you on black tie events but I know you and Greg will look fabulous and have fun after you get there. It’s a good excuse to get new dangly earrings (like how I worked that in to dress shopping?) The cedar roof looks fabulous. Your hi low dress looks wonderful.

Junie, I am glad you are just going with the flow right now and taking things as they come. You’ve had some challenging months and you need time to recuperate. I am pretty thrilled about my car. I’ll have it home by this time tomorrow. Sweet. Your trip to NC in November will be nice. Is it still really humid in the winter? I know it will be cooler than what we has in August in SC.

CJ, lol I don’t consider my day that exciting but I try to make things an adventure when possible. The sweet bread with cheese sounds great. I am not a dunker but I know many people who are. That reminds me tomorrow I might hit the local bread store - they make fabulous cinnamon swirl bread. Marty will avoid that evil processed homemade bread so it’s be all mine. Bwhahahahahahaha. I get worrying about other people’s reactions to your words (written or spoken). I fired a lady about 5 years ago because she just wasn’t cut out for our job; she threw everything back at me, my boss, her co-workers that she could and I sure learned how an innocent comments can be twisted and distorted. It made me more cautious for sure.

I was pretty impatient at work today just wishing it was time to go home. I met a friend for lunch and got home before 5:30. Marty cooked dead animal on the grill and we had salad and potatoes with it.

I updated my Mac OS last night and then sadly found out my Quicken Essentials doesn’t work with the new OS. So me being cheap bought a $20 software app that says it imports Quicken Essentials - WRONG. So then I had to buy Quicken 2016 at $79.99 to get my file open. It did work fine but my being cheap cost me $20. Phooey.

Have a great Friday. I hope mine goes well.

Marcy Almost New Car

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone -

Missy, thinking of you and hoping everything is going smoothly with Theo and that you are doing ok. I forgot to say the roof Greg built for the feeding station looks awesome! How wonderful of him to do this, he's such a great guy.

Scandi, it would be great if you could use your skills towards improving the lives of animals, I think it's really admirable of you.

Lol to the calorie pic!

CJ, I know what you mean, sometimes things can get awkward and it's just easier not to say anything lol. It's just in some peoples' natures not to worry as much about that - my husband and my bil don't seem to care as much if they rub someone the wrong way. But we all have our individual personalities and our own comfort zones, so I guess we just have to handle situations in a way that we feel comfortable with and works best for us.

Marcy, today is the big day, have fun!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy last day of September 2016. Less than 3 months to the holidays omg.

Junie, so glad you are doing ok and one day at a time yes. Are you at your beach house now? I hope you're having a wonderful visit there and getting some R&R. Hugs.

CJ, it's perioral dermatitis and sadly it won't go away. Last time I got it I was put back on my doxycycline but I'm still taking the doxy so there's nothing left to take. I am trying to remain calm and like I told junie above...one day at a time. Thanks for caring. How are things going with you? I wish I could wear heels but omg I, such a klutz. I can barely stay upright in flats lol. Hope you have a nice weekend planned.

Scandi, lol. Love that calorie cartoon. And how did you know? That's what's going on here. Grrrr. :lol:

Marcy, today is P day. I am almost excited as you I think. Please take lots of pics. :appl:

I had quite the crazy day yesterday. First of all work was busier than ever and every patient showed and one emergency. I had no time to breathe (well barely) and in the middle of the chaotic work schedule we changed Theo's plans and now his new mommy and daddy are coming to get him this Monday. Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly. It's a long flight and we are meeting them at the airport with Theo.

Greg and I made a last minute veterinarian appointment last night to get him the necessary vaccinations and tests and he tolerated it well. And he tested negative for FeLV and FIV. We thought he would but I was a bundle of nerves as you can imagine till we got his results. Then I brought him back to J for the weekend so he can have one last weekend with his siblings. We came to the beach house this morning despite the dreary weather all weekend. Just wanted to get away for a couple of days. Greg and I are going to drive to Brooklyn from the beach Monday morning to pick Theo up and then head to the airport.

Long day yesterday and I had a poor night's sleep. I'm not feeling well but hoping it will pass. I've got some burning of my upper body again and well the persistent POD wreaking havoc on my face. It hurts even worse than it looks but I'm breathing and trying not to let it get me upset.

Right now we are concentrating on getting Theo to his furever home! And his new mommy (and daddy) are awesome people. I love her. She is great. Theo is going to have the best home. Now just praying he makes the trip well and does ok. Please all think good thoughts for Theo. Thank you girls!

Have a great Friday girls. Love you. :wavey:

_6084.jpeg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I'm so glad you checked in, I've been thinking about you - I think it's great Theo will be in his furever home (love that) sooner than planned, this way he can just start his new life sooner. Wow, it's amazing the couple is flying all that way to get Theo! I'm so glad you were able to find such good people to take him - bear with me, I'm having trouble keeping things straight these days, this couple is going to take the other two kitties eventually as well, right? You had a crazy day yesterday and must be exhausted, please take it easy these next few days, get some rest, and try to relax a little. I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well and I hope you feel better soon. (((hugs)))

eta - love that cartoon! Very funny!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Junie, you are so right that we all have to maintain our own comfort zones. Marty frequently tells me I need to stand up for myself more with my boss but it’s just not my nature and I honestly don’t think it would get me the desired results. I am hoping to have a fun day. Thanks!

Missy, I changed my countdown app to Christmas since my car has arrived. I can’t believe it’s October 1st tomorrow. You and me both on heels; I’d kill my self no doubt. That is awesome those people are flying out to get Theo. Very cool. I am so sorry POD takes such a toll on you; when something hurts that much it is hard to sleep, think and just do everyday things. I hope you have a nice, relaxing weekend. Love the cartoon.

I slept in until about 7. After my shower I went and put about 8 gallons of gas in my car (no way was I filing it), picked up some cinnamon swirl bread - one loaf for me and one for my sister. When I got home I cleaned out the last few personal things in my car.

I have an Audi bear that I call Ace and Marty has been telling me that Ace is mad at me for trading his car so I took him for a ride this morning. He shouldn’t worry - he’ll have fun riding in the Porsche and I won’t buy a Porsche bear - they aren’t very cute.

Marty is at the gym and is bringing me a regular roast beef sandwich from Arby’s for lunch. We are heading out after he eats. We’ll visit our favorite kitchen store and I don’t know what else before heading to the car dealer.

I am still not convinced I’ll like the Apple watch. Jimmianne you got one, right? Do you like it? I am used to bracelets which don’t weigh that much. I know it would be convenient but I have never liked watches.

Have a great day.
Marcy Impatiently Waiting till 4 pm

img_12824.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I am waiting with you : )

My WIFI keeps going on & off due to storms, so I will - for certain- be able to read your "car report", but may not be able to respond as quickly as I would like.

My take on the Apple watch - very handy for letting you know you have a text or phone call as it vibrates, and because it has most of the functions of a computer, it does have its uses. It's not what I would call a fashion statement, but I do feel a bit au courant when wearing it... I am literally the only one of my friends who has one. To me it is ugly, but can always be dressed up with a diamond bracelet! haha
Bottom Line... Apple Watch = reason to have a diamond bracelet.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, everyone.

Missy, you too are an angel on earth for the cats and it sounds like Theo will be getting wonderful new additions to his life. I know it has stressed you out tremendously, but please feel some satisfaction in knowing that you make a big difference in the world for kitties and people. It's right to breathe through the stress and I'm going to say two words you've heard from me before: holy basil.

Junie, I hope you're getting the rest you need. You've been through a lot, but there may be a feeling of release as well. The worst has happened so there's no longer the sense of dread of it happening. Sounds weird, but that's how I experienced it. The worst has come and there's no reason to fear it anymore.

Marcy, I'm so excited for you. That blue is gorgeous, and you'll be making quite the fashion statement with that red interior. Be ready for heads to turn.

Scandi, I feel like I live a glamorous life through you. That dress is stunning, but you also are an outdoorsy person hiking through the hills with F. The ideal combination. And I hope they continue to make progress on the logs so your addition can get back on track.

Jimmianne, November in France sounds lovely. And it would be fun to be in Paris on Halloween. Everything I've read says it's a major holiday over there, maybe even more than here with lots of decorations and events. I'll be interested to hear your experience with the SAD light. I'm not usually affected, but the last two winters were a tough slog for me. I'm hoping this winter will be better, but if not, I may check it out.

CJ, we all wish we were different or better in some way so just keep in mind that we are all works in progress (and of course, goddesses).

Today is a tough day for me - the second anniversary of my DH's death. I prefer to be alone today so I can feel whatever I feel. I cried for awhile after I did the Facebook post about him last night, and that's the first time in quite awhile. I don't find crying cathartic as much as physically uncomfortable because it fogs up my contacts and gives me a headache and makes my eyes puffy and red for days so I let the tears flow for awhile and then stopped. I'll probably run some errands today (mostly enjoyable ones), then be home at the exact time of his death. That's what I did last year and it felt right. I may have a glass of wine because that would make him happy.

Have a good weekend, everyone.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hugs, Rainwood.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rainwood, I'm sending thoughts of comfort and peace to you on this very difficult day. There are no words I can type that will take away your sadness and pain but please know I am so very sorry for the loss of your husband and for the grief you are experiencing; I'm thinking of you. ((((HUGS))))

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rainwood, Your post broke my heart. I wish there was a way to take your pain away. Please do whatever you need to do to be kind to yourself and just get thru the day. The having a glass of wine sounds very nice especially because you feel it would make your dear husband happy. It sounds like he was a very special man, I'm so sorry and wish I had the correct words to say to let you know I'm thinking of you and sending gentle hugs. I'm so sorry you are hurting.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rainwood, love to you on this difficult day/milestone. You've had a good year and I believe your DH is proud of your strength.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hugs, rainwood. :blackeye:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results