clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya|1454916689|3988279 said:
So tired of dancing here all by myself.

Jambalaya,

I hope you don't mind me commenting on your post. My remark is not meant to brush off your feelings. I'm sure most people have thought how lovely it would be to share moments with a special person.

But I just want to say its better to be alone than to be lonely because you're with the wrong person.

You don't know who may come into your future when you least suspect it. And having a mate isn't the only path to a fulfilling and joyful life.

You are an intelligent, caring woman. I always enjoy reading your posts.

Keep on dancing, Sweetheart! :dance:

:wavey:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, that's very sweet december-fire and Cluless. Thank you. I'm really quite a loner though - I do find other people exhausting! My post was meant to be more funny than straight, really - it's a line from a Madonna song. Anyway, I couldn't sleep and I did have a nice dance all by myself! It involved this: (The shot of the sports team flexing their muscles always makes me laugh.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBkoJLclZkk

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya|1454953288|3988419 said:
Aww, that's very sweet december-fire and Cluless. Thank you. I'm really quite a loner though - I do find other people exhausting! My post was meant to be more funny than straight, really - it's a line from a Madonna song. Anyway, I couldn't sleep and I did have a nice dance all by myself! It involved this: (The shot of the sports team flexing their muscles always makes me laugh.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBkoJLclZkk

Glad to hear you weren't being serious, Jambalaya! :wavey:

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
While searching for cushions today I came across this, thought I'd share

woman.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cluless|1454993177|3988658 said:

Thank you Cluless for sharing. I LOVE this. :appl:

womanquote_0.jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I woke up this morning and I realized that I don't like my ER any more... at all! Furthermore, I feel that I also don't like RB diamonds any more and I wish for a cushion or an emerald cut, so I can't just have my current diamond reset and resolve the problem. And i don't have enough savings for the purchase of a new diamond... :wall: (First world problems...I know, I know...)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
natyLad|1455034209|3988822 said:
I woke up this morning and I realized that I don't like my ER any more... at all! Furthermore, I feel that I also don't like RB diamonds any more and I wish for a cushion or an emerald cut, so I can't just have my current diamond reset and resolve the problem. And i don't have enough savings for the purchase of a new diamond... :wall: (First world problems...I know, I know...)

Would a cushion band or an emerald cut band satiate and be more budget friendly?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I woke up this morning and I realized that I don't like my ER any more... at all! Furthermore, I feel that I also don't like RB diamonds any more and I wish for a cushion or an emerald cut, so I can't just have my current diamond reset and resolve the problem. And i don't have enough savings for the purchase of a new diamond... :wall: (First world problems…I know, I know...)

Ah, I hear you naty, I would love to have a cushion shaped diamond, unfortunately dh doesn't agree! :(sad Why do diamonds have to be so expensive??? And yeah, maybe it's a first world problem, but IMO a diamond forum is the perfect place to unload about things like this :halo: If it's any comfort at all to you, I do think your ering is beautiful!

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock

I hear ya--I was 63 before I got my "dream ring" and stopped drooling at various sites and pictures.

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
missy|1455024890|3988747 said:
Cluless|1454993177|3988658 said:

Thank you Cluless for sharing. I LOVE this. :appl:

womanquote_0.jpg

You're very wlcome Missy, I figured someone would get a kick out of this one lol

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, guys, thank you so much for the moral support! It's a great feeling to be able to admit this among people, who won't judge me and won't think that i'm crazy! I don't dare discuss this with DH... I'm sure that he would get furious! :D
Before we got engaged, I mentioned to him that I would like a pink sapphire and diamond ring, set in 18kt white gold for an ER. So he went to Birks in Toronto (where he lived at the time) and bought the most expensive ring which they had and fitted the above description. He proposed unexpectedly on his birthday. I had invited his entire family out to dinner and I had organized a party for the occasion, so while we were watching the fireworks, he got down on one knee and popped the question! It was great that I was so extremely excited to get engaged, because when I saw the ring I was like ;( no, no, no... It was a beautiful ring, nevertheless, it was nothing like I had imagined my ER to be (I attach photo!).
I wore the ring proudly for the next three months and then I told to DH (then fiancé) that...I would like to keep my original ER, because it had big sentimental value for me but i'm thinking of getting a diamond solitaire ring too (and pay for it by myself!), because the people who saw my original ring had made comments that it looked more like a RHR and I wanted to look engaged! DH said that I should choose the ring that i wanted and he would pay for it, which he did, being the amazing man that he is. I chose a .50ct, E color, excellent cut, internally flawless diamond, set in a 18kt white gold solitaire setting. I didn't choose a bigger stone at the time, because in my country most ladies don't wear bigger stones.
After two months I discovered PS and... DSS!!! My diamond looked very small, even on my size 4.75 finger! So I decided to upgrade...and DH again said ''whatever makes you happy sweetie''... (Seriously, he must be the most wonderful man in the world). After this, I ended up with my current ring. A .9 ct, RB, Hearts and Arrows, E color, VVS2, beautiful diamond, which I am very proud of, because it sparkles like nothing I've ever seen before and is a true beauty.
But...spending a lot of time on PS and becoming more knowledgeable about things, changes someone's taste and opinion on things I guess... Yesterday, I woke up and I felt that I don't like my ring any more and it's not a matter of having it reset, etc... I immediately felt terrible about myself because after all DH's efforts I feel that I SHOULD be happy... :(sad What to do? For the time being i'm taking a...break from my ER and i'm weariny my original, pink sapphire, ER.

_36381.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls' night in at my house tonight with pizza and dirty martinis. Strength training for girls' night out Friday :bigsmile:

martinis.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good thinking, Matata! :lol: :appl: :lol: :appl:

Natylad - your pink set is beautiful! I totally get hankering for other shapes because variety is the spice of life!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Naty, Your pink sapphire ering is beautiful!! The sapphire is a gorgeous shade of pink, love it! Your husband sounds like such a sweetheart. I know how you feel - over time our tastes change, and PS exposes us to so many gorgeous options. There are just too many beautiful rings here!!! I hope you're feeling better about your ring soon! (((hugs)))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Naty, your dh is a sweetie and so are you and you know PSers get it. Your rings are beautiful but we understand. Give it a few more months/year and see how you feel. There's always another occasion around the corner and if you still feel the same way you could always suggest a milestone anniversary upgrade. You never know. But in the meantime you have what counts more than any $$$ could buy. A wonderful loving and supportive family. (((Hugs))).

Matata, hope last night was a blast. :appl:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After my workout this morning I cleaned up the kitchen from last night's martini party. The lid of the cocktail shaker is tight and when I finally succeeded in pulling it off, the contents slopped down the front of my top. There I stood reeking of sweat and vermouth, hair lank and greasy when DING DONG goes the doorbell. You can see into the kitchen from the front door. I hit the floor. No way was I answering the door wearing workout clothes and smelling like an alcoholic who spent the night in a sewer. I couldn't face the look of surprised horror on the face of whomever had the audacity to ring my bell at 9:30 a.m.

When I was sure the mystery person had left I sidled up to the front door and saw FedX pulling away and there were 3 smallish boxes on the porch containing my kettlebells. With utmost optimism I bent over to pick up the first box and fell to my knees. It was effing heavy. The only way to get all 3 boxes in the house was for me to crawl-shove them accompanied by loud grunting and groaning. So there I am, crawl-shoving one box at a time across the house and the cats start to leapfrog across me. If mom's on the floor, she must want to play right? And whatever is in those boxes must be new toys or treats for them. By the time I got all 3 boxes in the kitchen and the bells set up for their photoshoot, my face was beet red dripping sweat and the waves of alcohol emanating from my body could be smelled throughout the whole house. So all the windows are open and I've showered and washed my hair and am ready to find a place to store the bells cause I never want to see them again.

kettlebells.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata, you're too funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
JD assisted one of the new officers in proposing to his girlfriend a couple days ago-he was pretty stoked about helping. Took a picture of the ring to show me earlier b/c he knows I like that stuff.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata I'm in tears!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

hay joe

Shiny_Rock
We took "S" camping. We did some hiking and off roading. We parked in the wash and hiked up into the hills. She loved it and slept very well.

22_030.jpg

22_028.jpg

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Went to the auto show this weekend because DH is in the market for a new car.

I sort of fell in love with the VW Beetle convertible denim edition. My local dealership has one and I just took it for a test drive. I really like it!

Am I nuts to give DH my Mercedes SUV and buy a bug?

It's so cute!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My boss retired two Fridays ago. The transition of administrative housekeeping items has not been smooth. Old boss used to approve my time sheets within a few hours of my submitting the drafts, so I didn't need to know when the cut off was. I learned today from the agency that processed my hire that the usual cut-off is Tuesday at noon. The last ditch effort payroll pool is Wednesday before 11 AM. The new assigned approver of my timesheets is too busy I guess to notice the e-mails the timekeeper generates when i submit my timesheet drafts. The admin assist assigned to him doesn't have access to his e-mail, and she admitted to thinking my payroll was every 2 weeks. I might not get paid this Friday... ;( :nono: :errrr: :wall:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
PintoBean|1455728212|3992091 said:
My boss retired two Fridays ago. The transition of administrative housekeeping items has not been smooth. Old boss used to approve my time sheets within a few hours of my submitting the drafts, so I didn't need to know when the cut off was. I learned today from the agency that processed my hire that the usual cut-off is Tuesday at noon. The last ditch effort payroll pool is Wednesday before 11 AM. The new assigned approver of my timesheets is too busy I guess to notice the e-mails the timekeeper generates when i submit my timesheet drafts. The admin assist assigned to him doesn't have access to his e-mail, and she admitted to thinking my payroll was every 2 weeks. I might not get paid this Friday... ;( :nono: :errrr: :wall:

I hope you got it worked out. That's awful! :wall:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to put this in the good news thread, but doesn't look anyone posts there. :confused:

Anyhow, I just wanted to share that I got to spend time with my previous foster dog today! :appl: :appl: :appl: His Mom brought him by to see me so I got to play fetch with him. It was really fun! Of course, now I am happily covered in dog hair and possibly some drool. :dance: He's such a sweet boy! :appl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rockinruby|1456276048|3994691 said:
I wanted to put this in the good news thread, but doesn't look anyone posts there. :confused:

Anyhow, I just wanted to share that I got to spend time with my previous foster dog today! :appl: :appl: :appl: His Mom brought him by to see me so I got to play fetch with him. It was really fun! Of course, now I am happily covered in dog hair and possibly some drool. :dance: He's such a sweet boy! :appl:
I think foster parents are amazing! So glad you had an awesome day!

And yes, we got payroll straightened out. By some miracle, when the admin approved it after 11 AM, I got notified by email late in the afternoon on Thursday that I would be getting paid on Friday. :appl: :appl: Talk about doing a happy dance :dance:

The admin now has permission to approve, and we have it set up that as soon as I submit every Friday evening, I will e-mail her as a backup in case the timekeeper fails to notify her, and she then approves the sheet promptly. :appl:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
PintoBean|1456282556|3994734 said:
Rockinruby|1456276048|3994691 said:

I think foster parents are amazing! So glad you had an awesome day!

And yes, we got payroll straightened out. By some miracle, when the admin approved it after 11 AM, I got notified by email late in the afternoon on Thursday that I would be getting paid on Friday. :appl: :appl: Talk about doing a happy dance :dance:

The admin now has permission to approve, and we have it set up that as soon as I submit every Friday evening, I will e-mail her as a backup in case the timekeeper fails to notify her, and she then approves the sheet promptly. :appl:

Thanks Pinto! We had a good time playing fetch together. I gave him lots of hugs & kisses too! :love: My DH was so jealous when he found out that I got to see our foster monster! (That's what we called him when he lived with us.)

I'm so glad you got the approval for your pay! :clap: It sounds like the process will be more streamlined now too! That's great! I would be doing the happy dance too! :dance:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so :oops: :oops: :oops: right now! I got a fraud alert from my Discover Card. Why am I :oops: about this? Saturday night, when DH went to CVS, I decided to pop into Dunkin Donuts and got two donuts and an iced coffee - pure craving, purely unnecessary calories :lol: :lol: :lol: . I charged my purchase. Now I'm haunted by those unnecessary donuts :loopy: . One of the handful of charges I didn't make was to dunkin donuts dot com. I guess Discover was like - damn girl - you don't need $50 more of that crap, FRAUD ALERT! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1456504165|3996083 said:
I'm so :oops: :oops: :oops: right now! I got a fraud alert from my Discover Card. Why am I :oops: about this? Saturday night, when DH went to CVS, I decided to pop into Dunkin Donuts and got two donuts and an iced coffee - pure craving, purely unnecessary calories :lol: :lol: :lol: . I charged my purchase. Now I'm haunted by those unnecessary donuts :loopy: . One of the handful of charges I didn't make was to dunkin donuts dot com. I guess Discover was like - damn girl - you don't need $50 more of that crap, FRAUD ALERT! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This made my morning :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1456504243|3996085 said:
PintoBean|1456504165|3996083 said:

This made my morning :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
I'm still :bigsmile: myself because it's so absurd!

When I called my husband to tell him, I started off the phone call with "please don't laugh at what I'm going to tell you. I'm so embarrassed!" He didn't laugh at all, but you could HEAR the big cheese on his face :bigsmile: and he was nice enough to ask me if I'm ok. I said yeah... Besides Dunkin Donuts dot com, the thief also bought stuff from a shop in Amsterdam (mebbe he was getting something that would give him the munchies - hence the $50 from Dunkin D's?!?!?!) - $200 worth, and from another vendor that seems to sell workout clothes - about $150 worth of stuff. I guess they're motivated to keep a balanced lifestyle? Or maybe $50 worth of stuff from Dunkin D's is such an effort it requires workout clothes when you plow through it?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results