shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my god Indy, that''s so exciting! I have to admit, one of the things that tipped me off to testing was extra nausea the past few days. I hope the next test makes things more clear.

NF-
And you''re going to have twins, no less! I''m somewhat confident that I won''t have multiplies, but never say never, right?

BB-
It''s amazing how quickly knitting goes when you''re just coasting. I think watching 2 discs of ''Grey''s Anatomy'' helped pass the time...
2.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Gals! But I still can''t quite believe it. I bought these cheap-o strips on the internet. Couldn''t they, y''know, be malfunctioning or something?!

Hey Erica, if it IS true, then we should be due around the same time. We can have The blinged-out-nerdy-mommy support club.
3.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 4:16:34 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Thanks Gals! But I still can't quite believe it. I bought these cheap-o strips on the internet. Couldn't they, y'know, be malfunctioning or something?!

Hey Erica, if it IS true, then we should be due around the same time. We can have The blinged-out-nerdy-mommy support club.
3.gif

Congrats, Indy!
36.gif
If I were you, I'd grab a First Response Early Response from the store. They're super sensitive and accurate. I'm not at all saying this is the case with you, but I've had evaps from the cheapies. This way, you can know for sure.

ETA: And another huge congratulations to Erica!
36.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 4:16:34 PM
Thanks Gals! But I still can't quite believe it. I bought these cheap-o strips on the internet. Couldn't they, y'know, be malfunctioning or something?!

3.gif

Mine weren't! I had the same ones. It is very very very unlikely that you could have a false positive on this type of test. But make sure it's not an evap line...but IMO the evap lines look very different than the true positive lines...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Indy, congrats!!!! No more sushi for awhile
2.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I have one of the expensive tests leftover from last month''s spotting ''huh?''. I was going to save it for tomorrow AM but I thought ''what the heck!''. Definite, definite second line.

Well, that settles it then. I am KNOCKED UP!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Just had to pop in from lurking and say HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to Indy and Erica! Woo!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
well then, I officially give you the OMG OMG OMG OMG all over again! YIPPEEEEEEEEE hurray! Another early preggo buddy to play with! :)

CONGRATS to you and your DH. YOU''RE EGGO IS PREGGO!

Zippitty do dah! Zippity Eh!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
OMG - that''s incredible news Indy!!! A BIG CONGRATS to you and your hubby!!!!
emotion-19.gif
emotion-19.gif
36.gif
36.gif

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 4:39:05 PM
I have one of the expensive tests leftover from last month''s spotting ''huh?''. I was going to save it for tomorrow AM but I thought ''what the heck!''. Definite, definite second line.

Well, that settles it then. I am KNOCKED UP!

WOOHOO!!!

My EDD is Feb. 25. Considering this was a one shot deal that occurred as early as May 30, but likely closer to our 2nd anniversary (June 3), it should be pretty easy to keep an accurate count.

Sounds like you''re having a ''honeymoon'' baby, and mine will be an ''anniversary''.
9.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I talked to my midwife and she says my due date will be Feb. 19. So we''ll be a week apart in our adventures.

I''m actually going to be in Beantown a lot next year. So maybe we''ll even run into each other, wandering around with our similarly sized bellies!
35.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Indy, that''s so exciting, congrats! To you too, erica!

I have been lurking a bit...we have been off BCP a long time but will start actively trying in 6 months or so :) But if it happens sooner, great!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hey Monkeypie! Have you been charting? It really helps!

Except that I felt sort of deflated when I called my midwife and proudly offered to bring in my pretty chart and she was all ''We won''t need that.''
15.gif
But I worked so haaaaard on it!
25.gif

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 5:12:09 PM
I talked to my midwife and she says my due date will be Feb. 19. So we''ll be a week apart in our adventures.

I''m actually going to be in Beantown a lot next year. So maybe we''ll even run into each other, wandering around with our similarly sized bellies!
35.gif

Wait, you have a midwife already? Shoot, I need to get on this. My massage therapist recommended a friend of hers who is a doula and a massage therapist. So many things to start planning.

If you''re ever near Harvard Yard, you''ll probably see me eating at Veggie Planet or perusing the remainders at Harvard Book Store.

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
Indy- geez, I leave PS for a few hours and look what I miss!
CONGRATS!!!! That is just amazing news!
Hmmm.... Amethyst babies for you and Erica
31.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
The midwife is the lady who looks after my nether-region-health in general, so I didn't do anything special. Just called her up and said 'Do I need to come in for a blood test to confirm this?" She was all "Didn't you just get married?!?! WOW! You guys work fast!"

I think she's officially called a 'nurse-midwife'. But she won't deliver The Cub because we are moving to the east coast in August.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Phew! Amethysts are nice AND inexpensive. Not to mention purple. All good things.

OK, when is DH going to get HOME so we can go out and celebrate?! No, no sushi. No scotch either.
38.gif
Those days are ooooover.
39.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Indy!!!
36.gif
36.gif

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 5:42:26 PM
Phew! Amethysts are nice AND inexpensive. Not to mention purple. All good things.

OK, when is DH going to get HOME so we can go out and celebrate?! No, no sushi. No scotch either.
38.gif
Those days are ooooover.
39.gif

Amethysts are indeed nice and inexpensive (more money for Me Diamonds??).

I''m off to our favorite Japanese food mall. No worries, I''ll be having the Tofu Dynamite bowl tonight!

Darn husband will get to drink my fancy bourbon, and all I get is lemonade. Argh!
11.gif

Indy, you''re moving to the east coast in August? Have fun with that! Thank goodness you won''t be hugely pregnant yet. Of course, February is always so miserably cold...You can''t win with the weather out here.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Indy and Erica!!!!
36.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
OMG - Congratulations, Indy and Erica!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Indy -- I did some research on sushi a couple of months ago, and this is the one article that I could still find saved on my computer - NY Times "Chicken of the Sea". I know that it barely mentions studies, but I recall that a lot of what I was reading agreed with it. If you''re craving sushi, it might be worth looking into why it''s not recommended during pregnancy and what evidence suggests that it may or may not be harmful to the fetus.

Erica, I completely agree with you about how great it is to have this forum None of my real-life friends are TTC or pregnant or have newborns.

I''m CD 14 and I finally got good EWCM today. I usually get it a lot earlier and I was wondering what was going on. I''m already feeling like this cycle isn''t going to be it, and I''m not sure if it''s because my body isn''t acting as fertile as it normally does or if I''m a little jaded from my beautiful chart last cycle.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Erica and Indy! I lurk on this thread and was excited to read about your BFP''s.
1.gif

Erica, I''m amazed about the 5-day span between your BD date and your ovulation date. did you say that you BD''d on CD 11 and ovulated on CD16? I guess those spermies can really hang around for a while!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, Indy!!! Wonderful news!!! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 mths!!!
2.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
All my fellow LIWs are getting knocked up!
39.gif
3.gif

Seriously though, I''m happy for you gals!!! All of you!

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Indy, that''s soooo exciting! :) I like it when I hear that people are having babies early in their marriage because we''ve been married for a year and whenever we tell people we want to have kids soon, they enourage us to wait at least 5 yrs.

Anyway, another definite but not positive line for my OPK today. I don''t have much CM though, and it''s definitely creamy. This might be b/c of my allergy meds though (which I plan to discontinue a month or so before we TTC).

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 7:03:29 PM
Author: Sha
Congrats Erica and Indy! I lurk on this thread and was excited to read about your BFP''s.
1.gif

Erica, I''m amazed about the 5-day span between your BD date and your ovulation date. did you say that you BD''d on CD 11 and ovulated on CD16? I guess those spermies can really hang around for a while!

Sha--
I''m really skeptical that I O''d when my chart says I did. I just started charting, and haven''t been the most diligent student.
4.gif

I guess they can hang out for a few days, but if I remember correctly, there was a lot of stuff going on down there as early as CD11. I don''t like thinking about them surviving for 5 days, for some reason it gives me the creeps.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
IIINNNNDDDYYYYY!!!!!!

HOLY CRAP
23.gif
36.gif
9.gif
21.gif
23.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Congratulations
4.gif
!!

OK, now you are officially a jerkstore too!!!!

I can''t take this 2 in one day? EDD 1 week apart?

Where is DD??????

Good Lord, you guys are making me so excited! How cool is that?

Erica - a friend of mine had same exp. w/ spermies. BD and then 5 days later O''d and they got a boy!

She was confused b/c according to gender selection books the YY sperm swim faster than the XY and should have died out before the girls.
33.gif

Oh man, for those lurkers stay away from this thread if you don''t want to get knocked up!

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
YAY!! just wanted to post a HUGE congrats to erica and indy! you go girls!!
what a happy day today. :)

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Exactly, Lisa, where is DD?

Definitely a happy day!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Erica, I missed your happy news. Congrats to you, how exciting. I hope you and Indy will join the preggo thread soon!!! Best wishes to you both for a happy and healthy nine months!!!!
12.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results