carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
alexah|1410361090|3748370 said:
I wish I had some spare change... Dana's selling some stuff for a friend (under the Guest Cutters tab) and I would love the Neon Spess, the 2.66ct saturated Spinel, or the super Neon Chryso... sigh :love:

Sorry not sure how to post pics but they're all here: http://mastercutgems.com/index.php?page=view&cat=294

Well somebody took your advice (excellent btw) and bought the spess and the chryso. I pray they are PSers because I would LOVE to see pics, particularly of that spess - that looks like my Holy Grail spess! Wow!

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
minousbijoux|1410363274|3748395 said:
alexah|1410361090|3748370 said:
I wish I had some spare change... Dana's selling some stuff for a friend (under the Guest Cutters tab) and I would love the Neon Spess, the 2.66ct saturated Spinel, or the super Neon Chryso... sigh :love:

Sorry not sure how to post pics but they're all here: http://mastercutgems.com/index.php?page=view&cat=294

Well somebody took your advice (excellent btw) and bought the spess and the chryso. I pray they are PSers because I would LOVE to see pics, particularly of that spess - that looks like my Holy Grail spess! Wow!

Stunning spess! And 5.55ct? I've seen lesser material go for much more.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LoversKites|1410367709|3748440 said:
Stunning spess! And 5.55ct? I've seen lesser material go for much more.

Because it has eye visible inclusions but other than that, the colour is certainly promising.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Pretty amazing spess but the chryso is a knockout too. Harder shape to set, though.

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
Chrono|1408644765|3736956 said:
Chrono|1408626536|3736766 said:

Forgot to add a picture, just for posterity's sake (and in keeping with the rules). ;))

- does anyone know who bought this? I felt sick when I realised it had been snapped up all because I banned myself from ps and lt for a few days! - I emailed seller incase the sale fell through but of course It didn't (presumably)

I can't stop thinking about it! totally desperate for it.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Very nice Mastercut chryso! I love the color & you're right -- it's a good size & shape for a ring.

Sorry you missed the tourmaline, Mrs CW! It is a great buy for whoever was lucky enough to grab it. I don't know who hasn't had a heartbreaker like that, unfortunately. Part of loving gems. ;(

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1410644333|3750510 said:
Very nice Mastercut chryso! I love the color & you're right -- it's a good size & shape for a ring.

Sorry you missed the tourmaline, Mrs CW! It is a great buy for whoever was lucky enough to grab it. I don't know who hasn't had a heartbreaker like that, unfortunately. Part of loving gems. ;(

Unfortunately, this. Mrs.CW: consider yourself fully broken in now; hopefully, this means that karma will work in your favor the next time!

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock
MrsCornishWed said:
Chrono|1408644765|3736956 said:
Chrono|1408626536|3736766 said:

Forgot to add a picture, just for posterity's sake (and in keeping with the rules). ;))

- does anyone know who bought this? I felt sick when I realised it had been snapped up all because I banned myself from ps and lt for a few days! - I emailed seller incase the sale fell through but of course It didn't (presumably)

I can't stop thinking about it! totally desperate for it.

You probably already saw this one, but thought maybe it might help heal a broken heart. :naughty: Was also one of Brad's, even looks like he described this one exactly the same as the other one.

http://diamondbistro.com/category/199/Natural-%28mined%29/listings/39645/160ct-Blue-Tourmaline-%28Afghanistan%29.html

3578887.jpg

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
sparkle- that is a beautiful stone. Thank you. I'll definitely have a look.

ahh there is just *something* about that stone. I just adore the colouring, I love that it's a bit more bluey than icey iyswim? that cut too. Not anything I'd ever considered before but I'm completely besotted by it! I think I'll be mourning it for a while. Sob sob sob.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Awww, hugs, hugs, hugs. I know just how you feel! One thing I've learned, though, is that another that sings the same song to me always, always comes along. Then I snag it! :wavey:

--- Laurie

cm366

Shiny_Rock
If you're really set on it, it might be worth emailing the seller and asking them to pass your (higher than the original) offer on to the buyer? Some folks will always take a quick profit, even if they love the stone....

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
Maybe I might try to track the buyer down .. I can only try right?

ahh thanks Jewel freak! Unfortunately I keep missing out, whether it be way out of my price range or missing the sale.. never even won a hamper me. lol! maybe I should go out and spread some good karma and hope it comes back to me haha! I actually dreamt about setting it the other night.. FYI, it'd have to be a nice warm gold, almost rose.. double prong. oh yes. I think a nice diamond band too.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
MrsCornishWed said:
it'd have to be a nice warm gold, almost rose.. double prong. oh yes. I think a nice diamond band too.

Oooohhh! Save that thought -- it will happen. The thrill will be exponential!

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
cm, the seller has passed my email along but unfortunately I'm just not in a position to offer up a higher offer. . in fact the whole replacement engagment ring idea had been scrapped/put on hold on account of us needing fertility treatment. we're plowing all we've got Into it.

... but when I saw that tourm I showed him who agreed it just 'felt' like the Cornish sea at St. ives .. exactly my thoughts when I saw it!

Unfortunately the DB seller won't ship to me in the UK.

never mind guys... as you were! :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I'm throwing the whole premise of this thread out the window on a threadjack here, but then again, I started this thread, so I've got some entitlement!

Anyway, back to you, Mrs.CW! Another thought is to put up a WTB thead over on Preloved with a link to either DB or LT explaining what you seek and how to contact you. You had me (and probably others) at "it felt like the Cornish sea" and in the past I have been known to contact individuals to pass on a stone of mine if it felt right. It totally does, but I'm afraid to say I've already passed along my stones that would fit your wonderful description. Others, however, may still have some. Explain you are on a limited budget and you may be surprised at what kind hearted PSers are willing to help with.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MrsCornishWed|1410710348|3750855 said:
cm, the seller has passed my email along but unfortunately I'm just not in a position to offer up a higher offer. . in fact the whole replacement engagment ring idea had been scrapped/put on hold on account of us needing fertility treatment. we're plowing all we've got Into it.

... but when I saw that tourm I showed him who agreed it just 'felt' like the Cornish sea at St. ives .. exactly my thoughts when I saw it!

Unfortunately the DB seller won't ship to me in the UK.

never mind guys... as you were! :)

just to clarify this - because international insurance is limited to $47.00, I only ship items $100.00/less overseas - in case of loss, I would be limited to a $47.00 recovery due to USPS regulations regardless of the true value of the item. It is truly unfortunate and frustrating that USPS international shipping rules constrain an individual's ability to safely and responsibly ship higher-value items such that both seller and purchaser are adequately protected from risk of loss.

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
Sorry Marymm- to clarify I fully understand why you wouldn't want too. Sorry if my post upset you, I probably didn't word it correctly!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MrsCornishWed|1410715666|3750881 said:
Sorry Marymm- to clarify I fully understand why you wouldn't want too. Sorry if my post upset you, I probably didn't word it correctly!

No worries! I posted more so that other PSers and/or lurkers are aware of this USPS international shipping insurance limit.

MrsCornishWed, I sincerely hope when you are next ready to buy, the perfect "Cornish Sea" gemstone pops up available for your purchase!

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock
marymm said:
No worries! I posted more so that other PSers and/or lurkers are aware of this USPS international shipping insurance limit.

I just had to deal with this recently, it is a pain. :wall: One option to consider is that there are also 3rd party shipping insurance companies that will go above the USPS international insurance limit, and are cheaper than USPS. I didn't end up having to ship, but I was going to go with Shipsurance - has good reviews and allows insurance for a one-time ship and I believe the insurance limit on international shipments was $1000. My understanding was you ship the item with USPS like normal, and then within like 24 hours you provide Shipsurance with proof of shipping, pay for insurance, and you're good to go! Just a thought! =)

Elyxia

Rough_Rock
MrsCornishWed have you tried contacting Brad directly to see if he might have something similar? I bought that tourmaline from him so you never know :naughty: I'm sorry you missed out on it and hope you manage to find another.

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
I have no idea who Brad is.. Please help me! xx

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
He is very nice, MrsCW, and has a lot of things tucked away that don't appear on his site. I know he'll try to be as helpful as possible. Worth a try!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MrsCornishWed, how about this one? It's not eye clean but the colour is nice and you could ask the vendor for more details/photos if you think the clarity might bother you.

30390.jpg
30388.jpg

Neonish Blue-Green Afghanistan Tourmaline 2.80 ct.
Origin: Afghanistan
Weight: 2.80 carat
Size: 9.2 X 6.4 X 5.8 mm deep
Clarity: VS2 very slight inclusion
Cut: Emerald Cut
Color: Mint Green seconday Blue
Treatment: None

http://mastercutgems.com/index.php?page=viewgem&id=7827

S

SparkliesLuver

I'd be remiss if I didn't post this.

Neon green Afghanistan tourmaline
1.40 ct
5.8mm
VS1 - no treatment/heat!
I know there's a slight blue band but I think that only adds to it. And it's now $230. I'd snap it up myself but it's about half the size I'm after. But the color!

http://mastercutgems.com/index.php?page=viewgem&id=7846

30506.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Good find! That is really nice. Smaller than I'd want too but I do hope somebody adopts it quickly!

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock
Here's another gorgeous tourmaline from Jerry at Gemart Services. Love his stuff! :appl:

Here is another beautiful mint green from Afghanistan. This stone is eye clean and has a glowing quality to it. It is cut in one of Jerry’s favorite patterns, Fuego Verde by Gustavo Castleblanco of emerald mining fame. Size: 2.02ct 7.5mm Square Cushion
Price: $150/ct $303 total

afgtour004.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Fuego is one of my favourite designs too; the super high crown and small facets really complements a tourmaline.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results