shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I always can't decide whether I'm disappointed or glad, after looking at stones marked down, that there's nothing I'm craving badly. :???:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohoo! :appl: just got the "offer accepted" message for the trio of Malaya garnets! These are literally PERFECT for what I wanted, which was two 6mm and 1 slightly larger pinkish/peachy stones for an antique platinum 3 stone ring mounting I have. I loved the mounting, and bought it with sims in it. But it needed a delicate, feminine color, and now, color it shall have! So going to do the happy dance now as I get ready for work!

Here is the listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-CUT-RARE-IMPERIAL-MALAYA-GARNET-MATCHING-ROUND-TRIO-/230013520637?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item358ddfcafd

They may not be the best stones, but they are great for what I wanted and the perfect size for this ring. Will post pics once I have the stones.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1406808909|3723676 said:
Woohoo! :appl: just got the "offer accepted" message for the trio of Malaya garnets! These are literally PERFECT for what I wanted, which was two 6mm and 1 slightly larger pinkish/peachy stones for an antique platinum 3 stone ring mounting I have. I loved the mounting, and bought it with sims in it. But it needed a delicate, feminine color, and now, color it shall have! So going to do the happy dance now as I get ready for work!

THIS is what its all about! :appl: :appl: :dance: :dance:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DianeM|1406775474|3723532 said:
I just saw that vickygigi has been offering a lot of nice items on Loupe Troop, including a ring with a Mahenge spinel and diamonds (already sold). Worth a look, I think, especially since her prices are quite low.
Diane

I was the buyer of the mahenge ring...and want to vouch for the seller for anyone on the fence in buying from her....great to deal with, great price, great quality, and super fast shipping (arrived in 3 days).

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
DianeM|1406775474|3723532 said:
I just saw that vickygigi has been offering a lot of nice items on Loupe Troop, including a ring with a Mahenge spinel and diamonds (already sold). Worth a look, I think, especially since her prices are quite low.

Also, weblorn (gems) is having a 40% off sale on her eBay site, viewable at www.ebay.com/sch/weblorn/m.html????

Diane

Thanks for this heads up! Found a couple of things from weblorn!

...also got the small lavender/silver spinel pair from vivkygigi, and soooo would have bought the silver spinel if I had been paying attention. I really need to stay away from these parts for a few days.....

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
EvangelineG|1406862117|3724204 said:
...also got the small lavender/silver spinel pair from vivkygigi, and soooo would have bought the silver spinel if I had been paying attention. I really need to stay away from these parts for a few days.....

I was eyeing that silver spinel as well. Wonder if a PSer snagged it. :think:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1406863088|3724214 said:
EvangelineG|1406862117|3724204 said:

I was eyeing that silver spinel as well. Wonder if a PSer snagged it. :think:

Ohhhh, maybe. :Up_to_something:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NKOTB|1406865111|3724232 said:
:clap: YAY! We can live vicariously through yo... umm ... someone. :D

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
JoCoJenn|1406865649|3724237 said:
NKOTB|1406865111|3724232 said:
:clap: YAY! We can live vicariously through yo... umm ... someone. :D

Hah! Now I see what pricescopers mean about staying in the family. You don't mind missing out yourself when it goes to a good PS home! :bigsmile:

Well you don't mind sooooo much....

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, be still my heart.

Have you guys seen Jason's latest red spinel? I love the colour, the proportions and the clear, clear crystals so much. I will even forgive the slight window.

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
I saw this princess cut on Craigs List - a place I don't normally find good items...

http://austin.craigslist.org/jwl/4594989151.html

1.01 ct, GIA certificate, E color, VS1 clarity.

I'm not a princess fan myself but thought someone on here might like it.

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
A nice pair of bluish-violet spinel from the gem trader, 1.16 ct. I wonder why it hasn't alrady been sold. It looks quite pretty to me?

spinel_pear_0.gif

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
They look dead in the center, across both pears. Perhaps it is just the photo?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's just the tilt window, and to a smaller extent, being a little out of focus.

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
Now I see what you mean. The color also appears more saturated at the tip of the pear.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't tell for sure although this is normal for almost all pears. Because the stones are at an angle, I cannot say for sure, because both the rounded end and tip are well coloured.

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
My blue spinel is finally out of the clutches of the post office! It is darker than in the pictures Jeff Davies posted and has a slight greenish cast, but I actually prefer that. Here are my usual bad Iphone pictures. Off to see my jeweler about the setting. It seems to fit perfectly! unnamed_13.jpg
unnamed_14.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
boerumbiddy|1408212263|3733762 said:
My blue spinel is finally out of the clutches of the post office! It is darker than in the pictures Jeff Davies posted and has a slight greenish cast, but I actually prefer that. Here are my usual bad Iphone pictures. Off to see my jeweler about the setting. It seems to fit perfectly! unnamed_13.jpg
unnamed_14.jpg

Who's pictures are more accurate, yours or his, or neither? Just curious. Thanks. :)

Here's his photo for comparison to yours above.

bistro_3_022.jpg

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
The truth lies between the two versions. It is not leaden, as my photo would suggest, but it is not quite royal blue, either. My jeweler assumed it was a sapphire. That is not Jeff's photo, but another stone posted by the seller of the setting to suggest how a sapphire would look.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
boerumbiddy|1408229448|3733917 said:
The truth lies between the two versions. It is not leaden, as my photo would suggest, but it is not quite royal blue, either. My jeweler assumed it was a sapphire. That is not Jeff's photo, but another stone posted by the seller of the setting to suggest how a sapphire would look.

I see, thanks. :)

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
boerumbiddy|1408296305|3734274 said:
Jeff Davies has another blue spinel, just under 2 carats, lighter than mine and faces up slightly smaller. Maybe those who coveted the one I bought will be tempted? I am, a little. I will also post a link to his video.

10578326_10152675739074357_8180019_n.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdm79X9tE44&feature=youtu.be

I was JUST looking at this stone for my project (see new thread just posted). I wish I understood spinels better to know how they behave. Seems like they go dark in a lot of videos I have seen and black out. If they didn't, this one would be perfect for what I am looking for, if that color was constantly on display.

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
I am not seeing that one listed under spinel on his website. Is there somewhere else I should be looking for description and pricing?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EvangelineG|1408309285|3734371 said:
I am not seeing that one listed under spinel on his website. Is there somewhere else I should be looking for description and pricing?

It's not posted on his Pinterest site either: http://www.pinterest.com/jefferydavies/spinel/
I guess this particular stone must have been sold already?

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was on his ebay page.

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock
Why am I not independently wealthy???? :bigsmile:

Price: 23960.00
Origin: Mozambique
Weight: 31.95 carats!
Size: 17.5 x 17.8 x 14 mm
Clarity Slight and typical natural needle type inclusions under careful inspection. Not distracting and all but eye clean!
Cut: Portuguese flower style Cushion Nice Cut
Color: Fine slightly greenish neon pool blue!
Treatment: Traditional heat only. No other treatment of any kind
Note: The major gem laboratories have decided that any copper bearing Tourmaline can now be called Paraiba in the trade and will certify them as such.

This is a huge and beautiful Cuprian Elbaite Tourmaline from Mozambique. Well cut and extremely brilliant with beautiful neon color! Truly a special gem and we guarantee that it is copper bearing!

21193.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sparkleismyfavcolor|1408475876|3735631 said:
Why am I not independently wealthy???? :bigsmile:

Price: 23960.00
Origin: Mozambique
Weight: 31.95 carats!
Size: 17.5 x 17.8 x 14 mm
Clarity Slight and typical natural needle type inclusions under careful inspection. Not distracting and all but eye clean!
Cut: Portuguese flower style Cushion Nice Cut
Color: Fine slightly greenish neon pool blue!
Treatment: Traditional heat only. No other treatment of any kind
Note: The major gem laboratories have decided that any copper bearing Tourmaline can now be called Paraiba in the trade and will certify them as such.

This is a huge and beautiful Cuprian Elbaite Tourmaline from Mozambique. Well cut and extremely brilliant with beautiful neon color! Truly a special gem and we guarantee that it is copper bearing!

I thought they sold that stone a long time ago. Unfortunately it's not the neon type of paraiba that commands a ton of money, but its pretty.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful color. Yow, 32 cts. It could spare a fraction to get rid of the window, cut to preserve weight.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've seen greenish blue aquas in a similar color. If one likes that color, they might want to search out those stones, as they would be more affordable, and wearable (smaller). ;))

12.69 carats for a little less than $1K. Not bad.

http://www.gemfix.com/aquamarine.html#thumb

aquamarine_535_1_.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results