shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored Stone E-rings/Eyecandy

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Mochi''s LOGR RG setting with 4.1ct Bicolored Rubellite tourmaline. Original Thread

SSCN1665.JPG

SSCN1667.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
LaurenThePartier''s Dan Stair 1.15 pink tourmaline in a LOGR setting. Original Thread

original.aspx

original.aspx

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
marcyc''s 5mm cuchion cut peridot with a smokey quartz halo and a diamond pave band. Original Thread

wannabe2.gif
wannabe.gif

SCineman

Rough_Rock
This is the 1.03 ct Padparadscha E-ring I''m planning on giving to my soon to be fiance.
I set it in a custom white gold ring surrounded by cz (since we were both against using diamonds).

ering8585.jpg

trishy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/4/2005 5:04:37 PM
Author: currada
My favorite is the colored stone board. Adding my fire opal ring 3.5 carats antique platinum setting.
i absolutely love this setting. what perfection!!!

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/13/2008 1:57:43 PM
Author: SCineman
This is the 1.03 ct Padparadscha E-ring I''m planning on giving to my soon to be fiance.
I set it in a custom white gold ring surrounded by cz (since we were both against using diamonds).

ok - totally off topic but why are you against using diamonds. Your ring is gorgeous - you did a good job decising it. I''m sure your fiance will love it

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
yellow crysoberyl with pave set diamonds in the band in a bezel cut

chrsoberyl.jpg

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
bezel set purple amythyst and diamonds in a split yellow gold band (my daddy bought this for me)

bezelamethyst.jpg

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
2.75 carat london blue topaz trilliant cut, with diamonds (my birthday present from hubby) i wish i could get a really nice closeup of the pavillion/cuelet this is a deep set stone. It has gorgeous flashes of brilliant blue.

lbtrilliant.jpg

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
sorry for the poor quality here, but this is also LB Topaz. It''s a pretty flush setting so I wear it on my RH to work so it doesn''t get caught on anything like the other one woulld.

llb.jpg

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
ok last one...i promise...for now...

green tourmaline - .50 carats

Img_2195.jpg

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
sorry if i killed the thread...someone post something so i dont have to feel bad~

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/16/2008 9:38:54 PM
Author: rparker1998
sorry if i killed the thread...someone post something so i dont have to feel bad~
Why did you kill the thread? Nice collection you have there. It sounds like you want to add more from your other posts.
emwink.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s my 8 carat Nigerian Aqua next to my 7 carat cuprian tourmaline. I don''t think there''s any side by sides of an aqua next to a blue cuprian tourmaline. I thought it would be interesting to showcase them side by side in order to point out the differences in density (the aqua is only a carat larger but much bigger) and the colors (the aqua has a grey modifier). I hate the setting the aqua is in, and I am planning on resetting it in white gold. It''s not a deep cut stone at all, but it is saturated. I bought it around 15 years ago at a gem show. The cuprian was an ebay find, and it came with a GIT memo stating it''s copper bearing.

aquavstourmaline.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I reset my brown-pink diamond in a setting with a rose gold head. I think the diamonds were competing with the stone in my other setting, and it didn't do much for the stone. Center stone is 52 points. The old Tacori style mount that this stone originally was in is being replaced by a 48 point yellow diamond with a yellow bezel.

Here are the results. The setting is lan.b04 from ebay with upgraded diamonds. The head is rose gold and the shank is white gold.

brownpinkinrosegold.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a far away hand shot, but it's the only way I could capture the sparkle and color and fire of the setting and the center diamond. My macro mode on my camera kills such things as sparkle and fire. I apologize in advance for my big fat fingers.

brownpinkinrosegoldfar.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's how the brown pink used to look in the Tacori style mounting -
emsad.gif
I went to a different jeweler than I normally go to since they could get rose gold prongs. They did a terrible job as you can see, and the prongs are lumpy, that also upset me. Will never ever go there again. My other jeweler did a great job on the prongs in the new mounting above, and rose gold is very difficult to work with. The prongs are delicate and are not "eating" the stone in the above pictures. In this picture, they are devouring the stone.
emcrook.gif

brownpinkintacori.jpg

GirlCellist

Rough_Rock
My (soon to arrive, it''s still in shipment!) moonstone e-ring! The wedding band matches the band on the moonstone ring.

18k yellow gold (3.67gm total weight), 1.5mm bands
two wee 1mm diamonds
1.42ct blue moonstone

il_430xN.492742563.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooooooh, beautiful moonstone! Do you mind sharing where you got it?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Geez, I love that moonstone ring in the lotus blossom setting. I can''t wait until you receive it GC

TL: She purchased it here: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6415660&section_id=5731635

She has the coolest jewelry and hand makes every piece.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cross%201.JPG
cross%202.JPG

This is a repost from a very old thread here about emeralds....mine....
9.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool emerald jewelry. I love the cross, it reminds me of Spanish sunken treasure. The divers that found the Atocia would find crosses like that with emeralds bezel set in high karat gold.

SCineman

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/14/2008 5:56:42 PM
Author: rparker1998
ok - totally off topic but why are you against using diamonds. Your ring is gorgeous - you did a good job decising it. I''m sure your fiance will love it
We don''t like the idea of conflict diamonds, or that an engament ring should be a diamond.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I reset my Tacori style mount (see a few posts above this one to see the "before" picture) with a light yellow diamond of a 1/2 carat in weight. They bezel set it in yellow, and I think it looks much better than before. Now the ring lights up!

tacori_with_yellowbezel.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got the setting work done on my grey green with the two pinks sides stones. The grey green is 1.05 ct and the two pinks are 22 points each. The camera kills all sparkle on this ring. It looks like a Christmas tree. They are all set in a rose gold mount.

greygreenpinks.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s all three
emsmile.gif

blingystack.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All three from a distance to give an idea of the color contrasts and sparkle, although the camera managed to kill all sparkle again. I need to photograph these in non-focus to truly show off sparkle.

allthreebling2.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s the sparkle!! And this was taken in a room on a dim cloudy day.

threesparkling.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally some sparkle in macro mode - but not nearly as much as IRL.

sparkle_in_macromode.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results