shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Beautiful ring tourma-guy! I love the vintage inspired setting and the stone really pops.

S

SparkliesLuver

Beautiful stone and setting, tourma-guy! The stone was a stunner by itself but put in that setting and :love: :love: She's a lucky lady! I can see why her engagement ring has some stiff competition now. ;-)

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock

Thanks all! :) I knew as soon as I saw the setting that it was perfect for that stone. The garnet is 8mm and cut in an octagon shape. The setting was intended for a round stone but its shaped like an octagon as well, so it fits.

Its the least I can do for her since she puts up with me. :lol:

S

SparkliesLuver

The paraiba arrived! Unfortunately I was only able to take a few quick pictures before I had to attend a meeting (in meeting now hehe). I plan to take pictures outside this afternoon.

Thoughts welcome!

_31392.jpg

_31393.jpg

desk1.jpg

_31394.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love the color and it sure looks like it wants to capture the attention of the room!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Based on these photo's I love the color, the glow and the shape! It will look fabulous set in a ring. Despite its size it will definitely make a statement.

What do you think Sparkliesluver? Do you love it in real life?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

tourma-guy|1435023489|3892874 said:
The spessartite garnet ring came back from being set. Looks great! I love the "fire" in this stone from the inclusions. My fiance' doesn't want to take it off. Looks like her engagement ring has some competition now. :D

Gorgeous!!!!!!!! I love the color of the spessartite and love the vintage setting.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparkliesLuver|1435081622|3893117 said:
The paraiba arrived! Unfortunately I was only able to take a few quick pictures before I had to attend a meeting (in meeting now hehe). I plan to take pictures outside this afternoon.

Thoughts welcome!

Sparklies I think this gem is so beautiful! I love the neon blue color. Well done!

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock

Thoughts welcome!

So jealous. That is the exact color I want in a paraiba. Looks good enough to gobble up. :lickout:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

wow--- great find on the paraiba :love:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thoughts welcome!

OMG that is soooo gorgeous!!! Would you mind sharing the vendor name? Any plans for setting it yet? :appl: :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mochiko42|1435118170|3893353 said:

Thoughts welcome!

OMG that is soooo gorgeous!!! Would you mind sharing the vendor name? Any plans for setting it yet? :appl: :love:
Mochiko: the stone is from Paraiba International.
Sparkliesluver: I cannot wait to hear whether the stone sings to you in real life. It looks so pretty in the pics.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Thoughts welcome!

Oh my.. It is gorgeous!!! :love:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Love it SparkliesLuvr, the greenish blue is my favourite Paraiba shade.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I like it! :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you so much minousbijoux, Acinom, Lisa, tourma-guy, lilmosun, ricezo, Lovinggems, and Chrono! :) Acinom was right when she said it's from Paraiba International. She's good at guessing that sort of stuff. ;-)

I have indeed decided to keep it! :D It had that "wow" factor as soon as I opened the box, which I was really hoping for. Then I just needed more time with it in various lighting conditions to make sure it still had my heart. I now understand why people are fascinated with this material, and why smaller stones with excellent color are great candidates. I've also learned that I'm okay with inclusions as long as the color is there. <lessons learned> It makes me so happy to look at it! :) I don't have any setting ideas yet - as I'm now on a ban until 2016 :lol: - but I'd like to start a folder soon; I want to explore all options. Here are a few of my favorite photos from last night. Please excuse the completely dreaded nails.

_31413.jpg

_31414.jpg

window_h.jpg

_31415.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, that Paraiba is GORGEOUS! :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, Arcadian! :) I'm so happy I took the chance on (ordering) it.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So glad that you love it Sparkliesluver. I rembember reading on PS that Paraiba's have such a weird, almost fake color and glow. And that's what I noticed when I first saw my stone and based on your post yours has it too. You made a great choice. I am looking forward to see your setting ideas. This stone actually does not much: it shines by itself.

How is your cute-son-ring progressing?

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you! Me too. :) haha Yes, that's a good way of describing it! I actually just got back from the post office - I sent the stone off to AGL. I've never been too fond of diamond halos (for myself), but I'm thinking this stone might get one. TL would be proud. ;-) :lol: We'll see though - I have plenty of time!

Thanks for asking. I haven't heard from JKT recently as I know she's busy working on several projects, but my guess is that I only have a few more weeks to wait. :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That Paraiba looks fantastic in all its photos. Did you do the cool trick of putting it under a table or in the closet with low light and watch it glow? Sigh! I just love those stones!

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, minousbijoux! The crazy part, to me, is that they're very accurate for color and everything. I actually did, but I was too stunned to grab the camera! :lickout: :lol:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Spinel will be shipped to Jerry tomorrow for a full recut. It is shallow but since I need the stone to be smaller, it works out well. He said it won't be perfect but it should still see a huge improvement. He's going to get rid of the window and the extinction.

S

SparkliesLuver

That sounds really promising, Chrono! He does do great work. Can't wait to see the final result. :)

S

SparkliesLuver

Chrono, quick question - sorry - what's the company that sells colored melee that you often link to? I've searched and searched and I can't find it. :( Thank you!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
S

SparkliesLuver

It was Columbia Gem House. Thank you so much! :D <saving...>

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Stopped back on this thread to drool over Sparklies Paraiba. Soooo yummy!

Chrono- great news that your spinel is on it's way to Jerry today. I cannot wait to see pics when it is done.

I received the 3 carat round spinel I had been waiting for. I really like it. AIGS calls it pink. I bought four large (large for me) spinels, three were great and one was a bust. I am now officially done buying and hoarding spinels for at least one year.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks, Lisa and SL. Actually, I'm dithering on whether to have it sent out to be recut. It looks pretty here, doesn't it? And this is under my office fluorescent lights! I'm wondering if the enclosed setting will make the cut issues less obvious? :think: The ring in the picture is the setting in question.

Lisa,
Are you going to start a thread on your new stash? Perhaps a vendor review/picture comparison might be a good excuse?

_31456.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

hehe Thank you, Lisa. :)

Hm. It does look pretty good in that picture, Chrono!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results