shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

S

SparkliesLuver

Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Thanks, Acinom. :) Oh, yeah; all of them were from reputable vendors who offered great service and honored their return policy.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have a lavender (with pink sparkles) spinel arriving today! :dance:

S

SparkliesLuver

Ooooooo! Do you have a vendor photo, Chrono?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Even if it doesn't turn out as pictured, I paid only a song and a dance for it, so it'll still be a good deal. It is to be the replacement stone for an existing setting. It has not been an easy search due to the size limitation even though ovals are aplenty.

lspinel.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

That looks pretty, Chrono. I'm glad you finally found a size that'll work! Definitely interested to see your pictures. :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats Chrono! Based on the vendor pic it looks really nice.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Chrono|1434638068|3890861 said:
Even if it doesn't turn out as pictured, I paid only a song and a dance for it, so it'll still be a good deal. It is to be the replacement stone for an existing setting. It has not been an easy search due to the size limitation even though ovals are aplenty.

Can't wait to see pics!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Haha, really sad when I even recognize the fingers - and if I'm correct, its not even a vendor per se! Here's hoping its just what you want, Chrono. :))

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's been raining for days and I can't get good sunshine to actually make a thread, but in the meantime, my new ring came in and I'm very satisfied.

img_20150617_202710.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

minousbijoux|1434648760|3890947 said:
Haha, really sad when I even recognize the fingers - and if I'm correct, its not even a vendor per se! Here's hoping its just what you want, Chrono. :))
Shhh..... :shhh: Can't believe nobody snapped it up the last 3 months too.

Niel,
Can you tell us more about the ring?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yay! DK did a great job Niel. What a beauty! Your new ring deserves its own thread :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel, that is an absolutely gorgeous ring! :love: Looking forward to many more pics!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very nice Chrono! I love the color!

And Neil, definitely a new thread about that lovely ring.

Generally every year I get a zircon for my birthday. I missed last year but I'm making up for some lost time :lol: just shy of 6cts.

bluezirc2.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian|1434658178|3891006 said:
Very nice Chrono! I love the color!

And Neil, definitely a new thread about that lovely ring.

Generally every year I get a zircon for my birthday. I missed last year but I'm making up for some lost time :lol: just shy of 6cts.

Congrats! Beautiful zircon.

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock

That zircon is going to be gorgeous. Do you switch up vendors or do you always go with that one? I have a blue zircon from that vendor as well, and I love it.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

tourma-guy|1434658896|3891011 said:
That zircon is going to be gorgeous. Do you switch up vendors or do you always go with that one? I have a blue zircon from that vendor as well, and I love it.

I switch it up as many of us do... you know, gotta spread the love around right? :appl: Dana is a great guy, amazing cutter, and my dealings with him over the years have been nothing but great. The stone will be plenty big for a ring (I'm kinda greedy though, I wanted BIGGER :tongue: ) Once I get a look at it, I'll be making some plans to set it. Not sure who I will contact though.

Have to admit, I should be ashamed of myself considering I may wear rings at best once a week. (but I'm not...lol)

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Love the zircon and your new ring Niel.

S

SparkliesLuver

Ordered this paraiba last night. :) Been looking for quite some time and finally found (another) one to take a chance on. Can't wait to see it in person! Should have it next Tuesday.

img_8352.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparkliesLuver|1434714137|3891242 said:
Ordered this paraiba last night. :) Been looking for quite some time and finally found (another) one to take a chance on. Can't wait to see it in person! Should have it next Tuesday.

That is amazing Sparkliesluver!!! I hope you love it in person. Looking forward seeing your own pics.

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, Acinom. That means a lot coming from you! Truth be told, your ring has been my inspiration, although its windex blue color is way above my budget! haha But seeing how beautiful your ring is despite its inclusions helped me take the chance on this one. It's very included but I'm hoping it has a great glow.

dori2002

Rough_Rock

That's a great looking yellow ring.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel your ring is stunning. Looks like a little bit of sunshine. :)

Arcadian-That is such a gorgeous shade of blue and at almost 6 cts! Wow!

Sparklie- I am going to check this thread on Tuesday and hope to see your gorgeous Paraiba.

Chrono- did your spinel arrive today? I am excited to see it.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparkliesLuver|1434716944|3891251 said:
Thank you, Acinom. That means a lot coming from you! Truth be told, your ring has been my inspiration, although its windex blue color is way above my budget! haha But seeing how beautiful your ring is despite its inclusions helped me take the chance on this one. It's very included but I'm hoping it has a great glow.

I hope you love it like I love mine. With such a special color and glow, inclusions and - like in my stone - a window, do not detract from the overall beauty. So honored you were inspired by my ring.
It's Paraiba time here in the CS section!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi Lisa,
The spinel is a very strange one. Sometimes it looks lavender and sometimes it looks silvery white. Crown is low so the tilt window is easily seen. Half/half extinction is present but it isn't unpleasant to look at. I asked specifically about the half/half but she said she did not see it. I might send it off for a recut to see if the cut can be improved. The stone is a smidge large for the setting but the jeweller is likely to be able to squeeze it in. Since I can afford to have the spinel be a bit smaller, I will contact Jerry Newman to see what he thinks.

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, Lisa! :) I hope to actually start a thread one of these days ... :Up_to_something:

I hope so too, Acinom. It's great to know you love your stone and that such things don't detract from its beauty. hahaha I know, it does sort of seem that way!

For those who were wondering, I figured I'd share the spinels I had in my possession last week (even though all three went back, and I cancelled the fourth; I've decided to focus on finding a Paraiba, unless a Mahenge happens to fall in my lap). A trillion, elongated cushion and an oval. I'd be happy to share vendors and specs if someone is interested, otherwise I won't. Please excuse the awful hands.

img_8353.jpg

img_8354.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SL,
How accurate are the pictures and what is your opinion of the spinels?

S

SparkliesLuver

The trillion was by far my favorite. The pictures are accurate for color, but I did notice a small window (straight-on). I didn't think it'd bug me but it did. It also has a feather, which didn't bother me. The oval is shown at its best. It had noticeable half and half extinction most of the time and this bothered me. It also had an inclusion but, like the trillion, this didn't bother me. I believe the oval might now be sold. The elongated cushion had a deeper, more raspberry color. It was the cleanest of the bunch. This is how it looked most of the time. Please don't ban me, but I also realized all three were just too small. Hope that's helpful!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Chrono|1434723307|3891289 said:
Hi Lisa,
The spinel is a very strange one. Sometimes it looks lavender and sometimes it looks silvery white. Crown is low so the tilt window is easily seen. Half/half extinction is present but it isn't unpleasant to look at. I asked specifically about the half/half but she said she did not see it. I might send it off for a recut to see if the cut can be improved. The stone is a smidge large for the setting but the jeweller is likely to be able to squeeze it in. Since I can afford to have the spinel be a bit smaller, I will contact Jerry Newman to see what he thinks.

What size were you looking for? The reason I ask is I have a small 7x5 oval blush pink with lavender sparkles from Dana that he described as "vivid" in color. I am not doing anything with the stone and if someone was looking for one like it, I would part with it for what I bought it for.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparkliesLuver|1434724358|3891304 said:
The trillion was by far my favorite. The pictures are accurate for color, but I did notice a small window (straight-on). I didn't think it'd bug me but it did. It also has a feather, which didn't bother me. The oval is shown at its best. It had noticeable half and half extinction most of the time and this bothered me. It also had an inclusion but, like the trillion, this didn't bother me. I believe the oval might now be sold. The elongated cushion had a deeper, more raspberry color. It was the cleanest of the bunch. This is how it looked most of the time. Please don't ban me, but I also realized all three were just too small. Hope that's helpful!

No reason to ban you at all! Better to get what you love then settle for something that you don't. Thanks for the pictures and your evaluation of the stones.

S

SparkliesLuver

:) Thanks, Lisa. I kept the trillion for a few days, hoping it would grow on me (to the point of loving it) but alas it never did. Sure thing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results