carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Acinom's colors

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BaileyC|1435946467|3898504 said:
So much pretty in one place has me in awe! I continue to drool over the paraiba masterpiece with such a dreamy tropical water feel to it *sigh*, and the rubellite is so enticingly juicy that I want to drink it up! And, of course, that gorgeous sapphire is to die for…well let's face it, they are all simply gorgeous!

BTW - the paraiba looks out of this world on your hand - glad to see you got it.

What a stunning collection you have! :love: :appl: :love:

Thank you Bailey!! I love your new opal cab :love: I hope you love it and decide to keep it.
I am thrilled that you love my collection. Especially since you have such great taste in jewelry.

_31904.jpg

_31905.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VoldeNuit|1435947841|3898512 said:
Delicious collection!! :love: I think the E-W set spessartite is my favorite!

Thank you Voldenuit!

_31928.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1435949940|3898529 said:
Its so neat that everyone has a different favorite - it just shows you are doing a lot right, acinom!

:lol: Thank you Minousbijoux! I love that every PSer has a different taste. Even the natural blue topaz sisters have such different tastes when you see the setting plans. Quite inspiring.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sisxixon|1435958271|3898573 said:
Acinom, you're probably sick and tired of hearing this, but count me in as another fan of your collection!

I LOOOOOVE your bezeled cabochon. Would you mind sharing who made it for you? I'm considering a similar project.

Aww, thank you sisxicon!!
Do you mean the bezel Amethyst cab ring? The setting was beautifully made by Brilliantly Engaged (BE).
The Paraiba cab ring was made by the talented David Klass

_31929.jpg

_31930.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Delicious cabs, love your rings!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your kind words Lovinggems!

Just got a message from Marc Williams' assistant: the waxing of the Danburite ring will start next week.
Slightly adapted design:

_32021.jpg

_32022.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
The yellow is gorgeous Acinom. Can't wait to see the finished ring. Glad you ventured into the yellow territory.

aussiejamie

Shiny_Rock
Trade
You have great taste acinom! Your rings are beautiful and love the danburite.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovinggems: excited to go the yellow route. I am very excited to see how the Danburite ring evolves.
I am so glad you like the Danburite. Thank you for your kind words.

Thank you Aussiejamie! Means a lot to me, especially since you know so much about gemstones!

Violetphoenix: thank you for chiming in! And thank you for your kind words. Your post made me smile since I am actually quite inexperienced in colored stones. But I am learning and I get a lot of offline advice from my PS friend Arkieb. And PSers in the CS section have been so extremely helpful by sharing their knowledge and experience.
Like you, I am a huge fan of platinum and other white metals. In my opinion it is chique and timeless. Since I love to switch rings, I love to wear other colours every now and then as well. White metals and Rose gold are the most flattering for my skintype. For the Danburite ring I wanted the metal to match the beautiful rich Marc Williams design as well as match with the stone. To find out what works best on your skin, I would recommend trying as much different metal rings as you can and see what flatters most AND sings to you.

There is no metal color I am ruling out since it is so dependent on the center stone. I love the 18K RG for my pink sapphire ring set by Caysie as well as the pink appearance of the 14K spess ring by David Klass. For my Amethyst I knew I wanted a warmer deeper variety of RG so I chose 20K RG. My 2 last DK rings are 20K RG as well. Including the one that was inspired by yours. Thanks again for the inspiration as I love love love that ring in real life.

I have less experience in yellow gold. The Danburite ring will be my first yellow gold PS ring. I have one YG ring that was created from a heirloom piece. The higher gold karats have a warmer appearance.
Personally I do not go higher than 20K gold. I had 22K heirloom link bracelets but the gold proved to be too weak/soft.

Hopefully this helps :wavey:

Violetphoenix

Shiny_Rock
Acinom- Thank you for your reply and advice. I thought my post with so many questions didn't belong on this thread so I asked moderator to delete it! Your explanation here will help me decide on my next project! It usually takes me much loooonger to make my decision tho... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I learned so much about gemstones and tyoes of metal/setting that complement so well with each stone just from looking over your posts!!! Your colored stones collection is stunnng!! You never failed to amaze me over and over again, one after another.Love to browse and read your posts how you acquired your gems to the finished products....can't wait to see what's next :twirl: ! bet it will be amazing again!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Violetphoenix|1436737653|3902045 said:
Acinom- Thank you for your reply and advice. I thought my post with so many questions didn't belong on this thread so I asked moderator to delete it! Your explanation here will help me decide on my next project! It usually takes me much loooonger to make my decision tho... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I learned so much about gemstones and tyoes of metal/setting that complement so well with each stone just from looking over your posts!!! Your colored stones collection is stunnng!! You never failed to amaze me over and over again, one after another.Love to browse and read your posts how you acquired your gems to the finished products....can't wait to see what's next :twirl: ! bet it will be amazing again!!

I am soooo looking forward to see what you are up to :naughty: Please give us more insights and information as soon as you can.
Thank you for your super kind words :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just received some pics of the wax from Marc Williams' assistant. I love how this is progressing.
The next step is to cast it in metal.

_32327.jpg

_32328.jpg

_32329.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yet more...

_32330.jpg

_32331.jpg

_32332.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's like a ring a superhero would wear!

How many mm is that ring again? And your ring size is 5 something?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1436840749|3902472 said:

Superhero indeed :lol:
The Danburite is 11 mm, so just a tad smaller compared to my OEC. I have a ringsize 6. I love that the look will be complerely different compared to my other PS rings.

Are you enjoying your new DK ring Niel? I hope you wear it often. Would love to see more pics.

_32345.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1436849545|3902522 said:

The Danburite is 11 mm, so just a tad smaller compared to my OEC. I have a ringsize 6. I love that the look will be complerely different compared to my other PS rings.

Are you enjoying your new DK ring Niel? I hope you wear it often. Would love to see more pics.

I think it's perfect size stone for a size 6 finger :naughty:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
The progress shots look great Acinom! Looking forward to seeing your ring.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Love it, the stone is such a cheerful yellow. The wax is looking good, can't wait to see the finished ring!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, thank you for your words of encouragement Mochiko, Ricezo and Lovinggems!
Will keep you updated on the progress

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another photo update! Wondering whether the lower bezel is thicker compared to his other rings? Waiting for their answer in this but I also do completely trust their aesthetic eye

_32362.jpg

_32363.jpg

_32364.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Without colour to judge the dimensions better

_32365.jpg

_32366.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

Although it's a little difficult to compare (because of the different angles), it does look like it sits up very high.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1436894684|3902724 said:
Although it's a little difficult to compare (because of the different angles), it does look like it sits up very high.

Just got my answer back from Marc Williams: the lower bezel was made a bit higher because of the size and depth of my stone. I did request though to make the lower bezel a bit lower and the middle bezel a bit higher as I think it will benefit the proportions.

S

SparkliesLuver

Ah, okay. Good call.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1436849545|3902522 said:

Ha well, I do love it yes but some adjustments are being made... This is connected to why I was asking how big the stone was ..

Either way, not about me, can wait to see this as you know the design is close to my heart

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1435916943|3898373 said:
Kimberley|1435902729|3898332 said:
Acinom, your collection is inspiring! Wow. I fear you will inspire me to bankrupt myself if I keep reading this thread. I love your topaz' and look forward to seeing them set.

Can I ask what the average cost of setting them has been for you?

Thank you for your kind words Kimberley.

My 3 newest rings from David were all around 1300 USD.
My most expensive settings are the LM setting for the faceted Paraiba and the 'diamond sugar' halo ring from VC.

That really seems very reasonable...I have been spending so much time on Pricescope and at Vendor sites checking prices, and these are all BEAUTIFUL custom settings.

LOVE LOVE all the blue and green stones and their settings. :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sparkliesluver: thanks! :wavey:

Niel: what kind of adaptions have you requested? Or will you reveal once it's ready. I hope it will live up to your expectations. Looking forward seeing the new version.
I discovered this designer via you!!! Really excited about this. I hope it will all work out with my deep stone. I did not realise that their larger rings are primarily with cabs.

Stone Hunter: aww, thank you for your kind words.
David Klass' pricing is absolutely reasonable. You get great quality for a great price. I love working with him.
As said, my handforged pieces are far more expensive. They are absolutely worth every penny though.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Need your help!!!
The design of the Marc Williams ring will be adapted a bit. The thing is: there are 2 possibilities. In any case the ring will be large because of the stone depth.
Option 1 has 3 layers
Option 2 has 4 layers

Please let me know what you think. The upper bezel will be 'sculpted' to fit the 10-sided round shape of the stone.

_32406.jpg

_32407.jpg

_32408.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My vote is for 4 because I think with 3 the bottom layer looks too thick and I suspect that is what you are seeing that you don't like. And they probably HAVE to make the ring overall that deep because of the depth of the lower half of your stone plus the crown height too if you want it to sit flush into the bezel.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I like the example ring so I also vote for 4.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results