shape
carat
color
clarity

You're what you drink?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
im going to get out the magic bullet thingy and make Gary a raspberry milk drink
ive got a bag of frozen raspberries in the freezer

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh…thanks for sharing your insight! I would love hear more.
I’m not super technical with the soft brew - when I got my first chemex, I did learn the ratio of beans to water that they recommend (about 1:16) and I’ve continued that over the years. I don’t do it quite “right” tho because I use a med-espresso roast and most soft brew aficionados prefer light roasts but to me, they taste too light in the body and acidic. I love coffee for its toasted, deep caramel flavours.
The only way I can describe what I love about soft brew is that it’s smooth and bright. You can taste all the nice bits of the coffee and none of the overextracted dullness that’s common in poorly extracted espresso.
There’s no ‘wince at the bitterness’ that I find all too common in espresso.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
there is this place in the next town over (Bulls) called coffee on the mooooove (most of the town plays on the name Bulls)
they do an ice coffee that tastes like the old Cadbury * coffee boxed chocolates
it is so delicious
they make it while you wait
it does take a few minutes but is totally worth it

*before disgusting palm oil, before they down graded their cocoa and when they used real milk and it was made in my home town

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cafe Lungo with Lavazza Super Crema, every day, all day lol! I recommend a Jura espresso maker if you love coffee. It is well worth the investment.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
The only hot drink I do normally is herbal tea- fruity ones, hibiscus, elderberry. I have to admit to not enjoying coffee of any nature.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Cafe Lungo with Lavazza Super Crema, every day, all day lol! I recommend a Jura espresso maker if you love coffee. It is well worth the investment.

Which model?

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
I’m not super technical with the soft brew - when I got my first chemex, I did learn the ratio of beans to water that they recommend (about 1:16) and I’ve continued that over the years. I don’t do it quite “right” tho because I use a med-espresso roast and most soft brew aficionados prefer light roasts but to me, they taste too light in the body and acidic. I love coffee for its toasted, deep caramel flavours.
The only way I can describe what I love about soft brew is that it’s smooth and bright. You can taste all the nice bits of the coffee and none of the overextracted dullness that’s common in poorly extracted espresso.
There’s no ‘wince at the bitterness’ that I find all too common in espresso.

+1. I do appreciate a “sweet” finish, not sure if described it correctly.

I was surprised that I like VIA blonde.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I drink vanilla bean flavored coffee (Costco) everyday. I don’t think there was a category for that. I also drink red wine daily. I think that makes me a wino.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Homebrew for this one. We live in the sticks.
I just use a 10? 15? year old fully solid stainless Bodum (industrial type) press and regular old BJ's brand coffee with water from the old stove top kettle. I'll also add coconut creamer. Everyone else drinks it black. Not particularly fancy, but always good.
I'll do teas sometimes, never fruity or frilly. Some greens and spiced.

Philistines, I know.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which model?

We have the E6. It's a great machine with a mid range price point. We only drink espresso so we don't need a lot of bells and whistles.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
+1. I do appreciate a “sweet” finish, not sure if described it correctly.

I was surprised that I like VIA blonde.
Sweet finish is an excellent way to describe it I think. Also I recall reading something years ago about Starbucks coffee being roasted very dark - almost to the point of being burned. If the prevailing taste where you are is for that style of coffee, a blonde or lighter roast would be very appealing.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have a coffee habit except for just one cup in the morning.

Being on my own, I CBA to use a coffee machine just for one cup. I did have a Nespresso machine, and found it was expensive as I would use 2 of their strongest capsules just for one cup every morning.

I used to drink the strongest instant coffee, namely Alta Rica by Nescafé. However, I decided to change to ground coffee in a cafetière (as in French press) a year or so ago when I was kitting out my campervan and bought 2 of these, one for home and one for the van. Drinking a nice coffee while having breakfast out in the open in the morning while camping is one of the joys of life IMHO.

I use the smallest with 2 scoops of strong ground coffee to make a cup, topped with double cream and 2 level-teaspoonsful of sugar.

I don't know what that is called, however, that's how I like it.

DK :))

Tayberry

Shiny_Rock
Alessi moka pot at home

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hot brewed coffee black. Everyday, one cup.
I love Vietnamese ice coffee ‘cafe su da’ made with very strong drip coffee cut with condensed milk. Been known to cause coffee trots.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Espresso or pot de crème, :bigsmile:

1348.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Sweet finish is an excellent way to describe it I think.

That sweetness just lingered and I often didn't want to rinse my mouth with water or tonic.

Also I recall reading something years ago about Starbucks coffee being roasted very dark - almost to the point of being burned. If the prevailing taste where you are is for that style of coffee, a blonde or lighter roast would be very appealing.

That makes sense.

1 more thing about the VIA Blonde...I started to rinse the cup with a hot water right before pour in the mix. In that 10 seconds, it smelled like as if I walked into my favorite local coffee shop.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
I love Vietnamese ice coffee ‘cafe su da’ made with very strong drip coffee cut with condensed milk. Been known to cause coffee trots.

Have you tried this brand? I used to get the Triple Shot version but they seem to have stopped making that since Covid.

1635568843581.png

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
I don't have a coffee habit except for just one cup in the morning.

Being on my own, I CBA to use a coffee machine just for one cup. I did have a Nespresso machine, and found it was expensive as I would use 2 of their strongest capsules just for one cup every morning.

I used to drink the strongest instant coffee, namely Alta Rica by Nescafé. However, I decided to change to ground coffee in a cafetière (as in French press) a year or so ago when I was kitting out my campervan and bought 2 of these, one for home and one for the van. Drinking a nice coffee while having breakfast out in the open in the morning while camping is one of the joys of life IMHO.

I use the smallest with 2 scoops of strong ground coffee to make a cup, topped with double cream and 2 level-teaspoonsful of sugar.

I don't know what that is called, however, that's how I like it.

DK :))

I don't like Nespresso and George Clooney still doesn't help.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you tried this brand? I used to get the Triple Shot version but they seem to have stopped making that since Covid.

1635568843581.png

Never heard of it. Wow! I am in trouble now! Thanks for posting this.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm more of a Chai latte type myself, but I gave in to the season today and ordered a pumpkin spice latte.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results