shape
carat
color
clarity

You're what you drink?

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
If you like espresso or coffee, which one are you? Too bad he didn't talk about espresso macchiato drinkers, :twisted2:

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
If I ever have a coffee I have an espresso. I laughed at his comment about the shots if whiskey because I’d definitely be up for that!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Espresso for the most part, with the occasional cappuccino.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear from other espressos drinkers, you like yours fruity or nutty?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I drink it black hot or iced but I identify more with the flat white personality since I’m not a fitness person :cool2:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
LOL! I love flat whites!

I used to smoke cigarettes, so have always had a fondness for bold flavors. I guess that makes me arrogant! :lol:

I always drink hot coffee without exception and am definitely a coffee snob.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
LOL! I love flat whites!

I used to smoke cigarettes, so have always had a fondness for bold flavors. I guess that makes me arrogant! :lol:

I always drink hot coffee without exception and am definitely a coffee snob.

Do tell, my coffee snob buddy!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never order coffee when out; I only drink coffee at home, first thing in the morning

I ...
- get the Costco's Jose's Columbian Supremo whole beans from the freezer
- grind them into powder
- put em into a paper filter
- put filter into a single-cup drip basket
- put that over a 2-cup mug
- nuke the water, 2/3 cup at a time
- stir in a tablespoon of organic 100% cacao power, from Costco
- stir in a couple tablespoons of real half and half
- feed the grounds and paper filter to the red worms in my vermiculture compost bin.

Best frigging coffee I've ever had
I did the math
17 cents a cup

What does that say about me?
I'm the opposite of a Keurigite. :mrgreen:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cold brew in the AM and the occasional latte in the evening. ETA all made at home.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Do tell, my coffee snob buddy!

I swear by my moka pot! But one day would kill for a real espresso machine

I love medium roast, prefer a bit of fruitiness…sweet and smooth! Nothing too acidic, but occasionally I enjoy a good French roast or Turkish coffee

I order different coffee so it is fresh roasted - this is a coffee I have really liked lately

what are your preferences?

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
What does that say about me?
I'm the opposite of a Keurigite. :mrgreen:

You're a Costco superfan and drink coffee at home. :cool2:

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
I love medium roast, prefer a bit of fruitiness…sweet and smooth! Nothing too acidic,
This.
I don't have pot or machine, and drink either Cafe Bustelo or VIA Blonde at home. I enjoy the locally owned coffeehouse experience. It's a treat to have a cup of espresso macchiato with a drop of breve.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was in Italy I drank espresso every day. That is my favorite.
But I am lazy and in the USA I have one cup of my strong black coffee daily.
Not as good as espresso but it's efficient. :)

In the summer I love iced coffee. I actually like it better than cold brew.

blackcoffeeicedonaveryhotsummermorninginthecity.jpg

But you know how Americans like their ice. :bigsmile:
And my coffee is so strong the ice doesn't dilute it at all. By the time I drink it (fast) at least.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
When I was in Italy I drank espresso every day. That is my favorite.
But I am lazy and in the USA I have one cup of my strong black coffee daily.
Not as good as espresso but it's efficient. :)

In the summer I love iced coffee. I actually like it better than cold brew.

blackcoffeeicedonaveryhotsummermorninginthecity.jpg

But you know how Americans like their ice. :bigsmile:
And my coffee is so strong the ice doesn't dilute it at all. By the time I drink it (fast) at least.

I do that at home as well. I just used much less hot water for the instant, then added ice.

Tea tea tea all the way. Earl grey loose leaf by mariage frères.

I like it too, especially crave for this flavor while away from home.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I make my coffee at home and I use a Nespresso Vertuo machine. I generally make the 7.7 ounce coffee in the morning and if I have a coffee after dinner, it is espresso.
I also make cold brew and often have an ice coffee late in the afternoon. But I don't use the Nespresso for that. I buy different kinds of coffees to try for the cold brew and sometimes I just mix them. I like them all. I do add real half and half and sometimes sugar. No fake sweetener though. My iced coffee is my substitute for a milkshake!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
my drink of choice is borring old water and usually just out of the kitchen tap

if we go out i like a hot chocolate if Gary is having a hot drink

the only tea i like is apple tea at a Turkish place but its usually way too hot

i do have a hazlenut latee every morming - just the instant kind that comes in a box of sachets but id rather it was a couple of fingers of Frangelico in a late night hot chocolate

in the winter also like a hot lime, just Roses lime cordial made with hot water, then i wait for it to cool down to drink it

we do have a fancy coffee machine but Gary doesn't feel like doing the bizzo

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Daily coffee is a Hario V60 pour-over, single origin Ethiopian Sidamo or Layo Teraga with cream/coconut milk. Weekends is Chemex Colombian Planadas with cream/coconut milk. I usually find espresso too strong and almost acrid now. Summer version is an iced latte or cold brew single origin

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Daily coffee is a Hario V60 pour-over, single origin Ethiopian Sidamo or Layo Teraga with cream/coconut milk. Weekends is Chemex Colombian Planadas with cream/coconut milk. I usually find espresso too strong and almost acrid now. Summer version is an iced latte or cold brew single origin

I used to think that about a straight up espresso shot. Then I found that it depends on how the barista pulls it.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
in the winter also like a hot lime, just Roses lime cordial made with hot water, then i wait for it to cool down to drink it

Oooh, I’ve never thought to try hot lime cordial. I love a hot Ribena (blackcurrant cordial), especially if I have a cold, so I’ll try this as a way to cut out a coffee mid-afternoon.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to think that about a straight up espresso shot. Then I found that it depends on how the barista pulls it.
I worked as a barista for a long time and enjoyed espresso then. Since I stopped working as a barista and started drinking soft brew, I kinda can’t be bothered trying to find a barista who knows how to make it properly. Most people want double espresso pulled long, really strong.
I make my own coffee at home and at work so don’t go out for coffee so much and if I do, I’ll have espresso if I have to but it’s rare to not be disappointed. I just prefer the flavour profile of soft brew more now.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No coffee, just Diet Coke.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I’m out at my usual place I just order their brewed coffee, half-caff. When I’m out treating myself at a “real” coffee shop it’s usually whatever strikes my fancy at the moment, though usually not a sweet fancy coffee, and never just espresso.

At home his week, it’s French press using freshly ground Ethiopian beans at one house; my little single-cup K-cup machine, using “organic rainforest blend” in a compostable pod at the other.

Most of the time though we make our coffee in one of these:

AF247BD9-1808-498E-8DB7-D1FEC534349C.jpeg

a Farberware Yosemite stovetop percolator. Seriously. Always with freshly ground beans. We used to use it just for camping, until we realized that it makes an incredibly smooth cup of coffee. I’m not using it right now only because hubby took it for his cross-country trip.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
I worked as a barista for a long time and enjoyed espresso then. Since I stopped working as a barista and started drinking soft brew, I kinda can’t be bothered trying to find a barista who knows how to make it properly. Most people want double espresso pulled long, really strong.
I make my own coffee at home and at work so don’t go out for coffee so much and if I do, I’ll have espresso if I have to but it’s rare to not be disappointed. I just prefer the flavour profile of soft brew more now.

Oh…thanks for sharing your insight! I would love hear more.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I’ve never thought to try hot lime cordial. I love a hot Ribena (blackcurrant cordial), especially if I have a cold, so I’ll try this as a way to cut out a coffee mid-afternoon.

oh if you like hot Ribena you have to try hot lime
ive put several coffee drinkers on to it over the years working in work places that got very close to 0 degrees C in the winter!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results