shape
carat
color
clarity

your opinion please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

freddy2005

Rough_Rock
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=53&item=633127

this is their signature stone(meaning in-house)..i''ve not talked to them about this one yet..but will later today.

im sure my gf would appreciate the 1.14 carat and the Measurements: 6.70*6.74*4.13.

my question is, should i be concern about the Color: I Clarity: SI1 Certificate: AGS

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are probably great diamonds, but as you know more info is needed to see which is best, but with what you have, you have choice to make. Go lower on colour and higher on clarity as you are concerned with this? An I should still face up white ( you might see a hint of colour from the side) but it should still look very white. Or go for the F and the SI2. If you are set on these two, see if the vendor will call them in so you can make a more informed decision. Number 2, the I colour will look a little bigger too. OK I have just noticed these are in house, so get the other info you need such as the crown and pav angles from JA and go from there.
1.gif
I have a feeling that the second one might be good as you are concerned with the clarity, but see what JA says and let us know what you decide!

freddy2005

Rough_Rock
Lorelei, thanks very much for your opinions/assistance..you've been a great help!

i've requested JA send me a AGS report for both and a side by side photo of both...and also requested jim to give me his best recommendation for both.

this one: http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=53&item=633127 has a cert date in 2004

whereas the other one has a cert date of jan. 2006.

are the cert dates important? did AGS upgrade their standards since 2004?

if this stone is great http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=53&item=633127 , why hasn't anyone pick it up since 2004? should i be concern about this?

freddy2005

Rough_Rock
ok, just got some reports and attachments back from JA.

according to jen at ja, she tells me stone 2 has 2 small black inclusions that are visible only under 30x; also has small area of like leakage that is present in idealscope. they recommend stone #1.

stone 1 specs:

cert date: 1/24/06

cut grade: AGS ideal 0, light performance 0, proportion factor 0, finish 0, polish and sym both ideal., color 1.0(F), clarity 6(SI2), carat weigh 1.062, measurement 6.53 - 6.55 x 4.04mm, crown 34.6, pav. 40.7, cutlet pointed, depth 61.8, table 55.6, fluorescent: neglible, girdle: faceted 1.8% to 4.3%

stone 2 specs:

cert date: 8/24/04

cut grade: AGS ideal 0, polish and sym both ideal, color 2.5(I), clarity 5(SI1), carat weight: 1.141, measurement 6.7 - 6.74 x 4.13mm, crown 34.5, pav 40.7, cutlet pointed, girdle: faceted 1.3% to 1.8%, depth 61.4%, table 56%., fluroescent neglible

----------------------

please share your thoughts..thanks

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If they think the first stone is the best, see what the pictures tell you when they send them. These sound like good diamonds, you would probably be happy with either one, but really find out why they recommend the first diamond more, sometimes a diamond has a beauty and magic to it that can''t be captured on paper, pick their brains! It sounds as if both are eyeclean, then it is just a case of trying to determine what means the most to you, whiter colour, slightly bigger size etc........

freddy2005

Rough_Rock
jim, the owner is not in today, but was incline to lean towards #1, whereas im more of #2...gotta impressed the lady w/ the slightly larger size...afterall, size does matter
31.gif
30.gif
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well then, it is obviously a nice diamond, and eyeclean so go with the one you feel is right, you can spend a lifetime regretting not going for the one your heart tells you, so I think you have more or less decided! Yes size does matter!!!!! She should be very impressed with you going over the carat mark! Let us know how you get on and pics please when you get the ring!
35.gif

Small

Brilliant_Rock
I put them both in the HCA and they score 1.1 and 1 so I don''t think you can go wrong with either. I agree with Lorelei that you should just go with the one that is in your heart and speaks to you. I''m sure she''s going to love whichever one you choose! Good luck. I think what would impress me the most if I was her is all of the research and homework you''ve done to get her the best possible diamond within your budget. She''s a very lucky girl!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results