shape
carat
color
clarity

You thought your neighbor''s decoration were OTT...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Check out this lady''s Christmas decorations. She started decorating in JULY!!!!

6.gif

23.gif

32.gif

http://www.nbcdfw.com/around-town/real-estate/Christmas_Spirit_Explodes_in_Carrollton_Home_Dallas-Fort_Worth.html

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock
I love it!I just wonder where she stores everything at
3.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I know! Where does she put it all? In the garage? In a rental space?
It''s a little tooooooo much IMO, but I love her spirit.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely. This house is one street over from my parents. Luckily there's a small hill between the streets so we can't really see their lights, but if you look out the upstairs window you can see a very strong glow from them! There's also a lot of traffic caused by people visiting our neighborhood to see this house.
38.gif

ETA: I should mention that this house sits on a lot in the middle of the street, so it's decorated on all four sides and people can drive around it in a circle. Sometimes I wonder if this bought this specific house just because it would be perfect to put tons of lights on.

crazyhouse2.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Can you imagine the electricity bills?!?!!
23.gif
23.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
We should start a whole thread about this. I love driving around looking at Christmas lights, but it would be so nice to have all the best is one spot. Plus with money being tight I am not too keen on driving all over and using the gas, know what I mean?

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Waaaaaay too much for my style - I like very subtle decorations.

BUT I love it for her, because it''s what she likes - and I love the fact that at 81 she is happy, takes pride in her home, and that she still has the energy to do it. She seems like a lovely lady.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2009 11:15:02 AM
Author: CJ2008
Waaaaaay too much for my style - I like very subtle decorations.

BUT I love it for her, because it''s what she likes - and I love the fact that at 81 she is happy, takes pride in her home, and that she still has the energy to do it. She seems like a lovely lady.
hey, if i am rocking decorations like that at 81, i would be proud too!

i''ll be honest, though we will never do that at our house, i am a sucker for over the top lights!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/12/2009 10:07:50 AM
Author: AmberGretchen
23.gif
23.gif
My thoughts exactly.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is alot of decorations!

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love decorating, but don''t bury yourself in santa and trees and pink fluff and say "Its all about my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ"...
38.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2009 12:04:27 PM
Author: paeony
I love decorating, but don''t bury yourself in santa and trees and pink fluff and say ''Its all about my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ''...
38.gif
Perhaps this is her way of expressing her joy and devotion this time of year.

I love it. I could never live in all that, and I prefer subtle decor to over-the-top, but she certainly seems like a very kind, energetic lady. Good for her.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2009 10:07:50 AM
Author: AmberGretchen
23.gif
23.gif

That''s what I was thinking. It''s fun to look at though!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Ya' know... It's very sweet that she loves Christmas and everything, but HOLY SMOKES!!! It looks like Bronners threw up all over her house!

(Bronners is a christmas store that is open year round up in Frankenmuth MI)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...yeesh. And we even turn fairylights off at night to lower our bills.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Oh dear...
3.gif

I kinda like it, with the slightly weird and twisted side of mine. lol

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
LOL! She should just leave it up year round, I bet it takes ages to get it all down later.

My favorite is still the Wizards of Winter house. Brilliant.

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
Tehehe, there are so many crazy people still doing this!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My son watched this with me and asked if that woman is Mrs. Claus
1.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the house on the right.

Ditto.jpg

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I love decorating, but don''t bury yourself in santa and trees and pink fluff and say ''Its all about my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ''...
38.gif

I don''t decorate in the same manner, but that''s what it''s about for me too.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too much tends to look crazy to me. Kind of like the crazy woman everyone talks about with sixteen cats.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Hahaha, I love the "DITTO" lights. That''s awesome.

I admire people who are in the spirit and enjoy decorating. I was stunned to see all the decorations inside that house.
6.gif

She''s totally into though....so good for her.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A bit much for me...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2009 12:18:27 PM
Author: Haven

38.gif

I love it. I could never live in all that, and I prefer subtle decor to over-the-top, but she certainly seems like a very kind, energetic lady. Good for her.
Well said Haven. I say god bless her. And will say, thank god she''s not my next door neighbor, LOL!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww. I think it''s great if that makes her (and her family, and people who she allows to come into her home for tours) happy. It is certainly excessive and who knows where she stores all of it 6 months out of the year, but wow--fun!

My former dentist in my hometown used to light his house up super precisely and excessively for Christmas. It was like the 8th wonder here, people would drive for miles just to ogle what he''d done, creating traffic jams, etc. It really was wondrous--my mother was just telling me when we did the tour of homes here this season that she took my now-deceased great-grandmother past his home once when she was 93. She said she had to drive around the block 3 times because my GG was child-like in her reaction. My mother''s re-telling of that was priceless and brought tears to my eyes. I know the electricity costs and excessiveness are over-the-top, but the reaction it invokes within some viewers justifies that, imo. I would''ve loved to see my GG''s reaction in person.

We (my mother and I) did a tour of 5 different homes a few weeks ago, it was a special mother/daughter thing to do and I loved it. Several of the homes were a bit crazy excessive, but 2-3 of them were beautifully done even though they didn''t appeal to my sense of design. So much work and care goes into this type of thing...to me it is a homeowner expressing their love for their home and all things holiday, and they are kind enough to let the general public tromp through their homes and share with them their personal sense of holiday creativity. I think it''s nice!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/12/2009 10:47:15 AM
Author: radiantquest
We should start a whole thread about this. I love driving around looking at Christmas lights, but it would be so nice to have all the best is one spot. Plus with money being tight I am not too keen on driving all over and using the gas, know what I mean?
Yup. Same here...I could drive all over town and marvel at the light displays but unfortunately I drive a gas-guzzling SUV right now and am not about to pay for the extra fuel.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
WOW! That is a whole lot of Christmas! I definitely love her spirit, but where does she put it all? And I hope her family helps her with it since that can''t possible be easy to put together or take down afterwards! No wonder she starts in July!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 11:18:36 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 12/12/2009 12:18:27 PM
Author: Haven

38.gif

Well said Haven. I say god bless her. And will say, thank god she''s not my next door neighbor, LOL!!!
Yes Haven,well said.Everyone expresses themselves differently.I think its great that shes over the top and enjoys herself.By that age its should not matter what anyone thinks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results