shape
carat
color
clarity

You and your SO''s mom

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I''m very lucky with FI''s mom. He''s the only son (he has two sisters) and he''s the baby, so his mom is very fussy with his girlfriends. She is an awesome woman who loves me so much. I love having a good relationship with her, too. When we got engaged, she said "I can''t wait to have a third daughter without having to give birth!!!".
I am very fortunate because my ex''s (that I was with for 4 years) mom hated me. I know she thought I was a total bitch, so I''m so happy that FI''s mom loves me so much.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
well i don''t get a FFIL but i have gotten to spend time with FMIL. she''s very nice and sends me cards for my birthday and christmas, as well as presents, but personality wise she is a very confrontational person and i definitely am not. M''s favorite aunt and uncle really seem to like me and his grandparents do too, but he is her baby, and it''s kinda rough for her to lose him (M''s really close to his mom, as are his siblings, due to the divorce) especially to a girl almost on the other side of the country
25.gif
completely out of control range hehe

anyname

Shiny_Rock
i feel like the odd person out. My MIL and I are not close. We have nothing in common and just can''t seem to connect on any level but the very superficial, "look at the weather" type stuff. And i get a vibe of "he''s my baby" coming from her. Seeing how every time we go out as a large family, all she talks about is her two children when they were little and the things they did and said, while her son in law and I just sit there. She''s nice and all, but after 9 years you would think we would be past that. But then again, I''ve been told i tend to be intimidating by other women.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2009 10:28:45 PM
Author: popcorn
i feel like the odd person out. My MIL and I are not close. We have nothing in common and just can''t seem to connect on any level but the very superficial, ''look at the weather'' type stuff. And i get a vibe of ''he''s my baby'' coming from her. Seeing how every time we go out as a large family, all she talks about is her two children when they were little and the things they did and said, while her son in law and I just sit there. She''s nice and all, but after 9 years you would think we would be past that. But then again, I''ve been told i tend to be intimidating by other women.

Oh dear lord, popcorn! I could''ve written this! FF''s mom is the *exact* same way! He''s her baby... and all she talks about is when he and his brother were little.

We also don''t have much to talk about, she doesn''t seem particularly interested in me, but only about what is going on in FF''s life.

She''s always nice, but we just don''t click.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Unfortunately my mother in law and I are not close at all. No matter how many times I''ve tried to connect or be nice or reach out to her in the last almost 5 years, she always had a very negative, self-centered attitude. She didn''t want her "baby" getting married yet so she never took an interest in me and even now that DH and I are married, she barely even asks how I''m doing. I wish we were closer, but at some point I had to stop trying so hard to "get her to like me" because it hurt every time she shot me down.

anyname

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/31/2009 10:31:22 PM
Author: elledizzy5
Date: 5/31/2009 10:28:45 PM

Author: popcorn

i feel like the odd person out. My MIL and I are not close. We have nothing in common and just can''t seem to connect on any level but the very superficial, ''look at the weather'' type stuff. And i get a vibe of ''he''s my baby'' coming from her. Seeing how every time we go out as a large family, all she talks about is her two children when they were little and the things they did and said, while her son in law and I just sit there. She''s nice and all, but after 9 years you would think we would be past that. But then again, I''ve been told i tend to be intimidating by other women.

Oh dear lord, popcorn! I could''ve written this! FF''s mom is the *exact* same way! He''s her baby... and all she talks about is when he and his brother were little.

We also don''t have much to talk about, she doesn''t seem particularly interested in me, but only about what is going on in FF''s life.

She''s always nice, but we just don''t click.

i''m glad to hear i''m not the only one! It makes dinner out a little odd doesn''t it! It''s almost like, "hmmm, did you want us here?" My FIL and I get along fine though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results