color
clarity

Would you rather...

Would you rather....

• Have some patience and enjoy the project later

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
So I have a few projects that are wrapping up right now but one of the mounts the I got from LOGR doesn''t look right with the stone I had selected for it. I love the ring, however, so it will sit empty until I can find something for it. Once I find a gem to fit the ring I will pretty much be done for the year (I know, already!).

So that means I need a new gemstone. So my question is this. Most of our favorite gem cutters just returned from Tucson and probably have a lot of rough to cut. So would you start emailing now to have a better selection or would you wait a few months, finish the projects that are currently under way, and then have something to look forward to later in the year? I feel like I want to wait so I don''t finish everything now, but I also don''t want the search for a stone to be harder.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
E-mail now! Instant gratification all the way
2.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I would definitely email now so you have the best selection possible. You can practice the virtue of patience while waiting for the mailman, or when dropping off your stone to be set.
9.gif

And I was going to vote for the "show us your empty LOGR setting now."

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could get the best of both worlds. You could get the stone now and then the setting later in the year? If you could wait that is!!!!!

Doh! Misread! You meant using your existing LOGR setting didn't you? I had mentally put that to one side and was thinking you could get another stone for that one later in the year too!!!!

So, I'm absolutely no help whatsoever!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I totally think you should start emailing - often times, the *right* stone could take a while to find, so better to get started now!

I''m also voting for show us your empty LOGR!

I still have an empty one that I''ve been holding onto for like 6 months. I already know I''m putting a tsavorite in it, but that stone is on hold for me. It''s just a question of timing.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you should start emailing. I also want to see this setting!

-A

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2010 5:51:44 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
2.gif
I''m 100% an instant gratification person, maybe that''s why I needed to ask.... to validate!

It is this setting. The LOGR picture looks very washed out. It''s very sparkly and delicate IRL. I
30.gif
it. I just couldn''t send it back even though my stone didn''t work.

emerald022aaa.JPG

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2010 9:01:26 PM
Author: Kunzite
Date: 2/13/2010 5:51:44 PM

Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

2.gif

I''m 100% an instant gratification person, maybe that''s why I needed to ask.... to validate!

It is this setting. The LOGR picture looks very washed out. It''s very sparkly and delicate IRL. I
30.gif
it. I just couldn''t send it back even though my stone didn''t work.

Very pretty!! E-mail, e-mail, e-mail!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:) I say email now;-)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Emailing now will certainly net you more options. If nothing works out, then you are back to square one anyway, right?
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results