shape
carat
color
clarity

Would You or Wouldn''t You?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
My parents are not traditional in the least. Her family is tho. I don't mind cuz hey, even tho I may not be traditional, it's still part of our culture. I just don't know much about it so her family is gonna have to walk me through anything they want.

I think we're doing a blend. No dowry is involved (not sure which side pays which anyways). No engagement money. I do have to do a tea ceremony (which isn't a big deal) and I do have to get her diamond earings (see my posts in the diamond stud threads). No diamond necklace tho (thank God!).

PrincessBride

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/20/2005 8:10:30 PM
Author: codex57
My parents are not traditional in the least. Her family is tho. I don''t mind cuz hey, even tho I may not be traditional, it''s still part of our culture. I just don''t know much about it so her family is gonna have to walk me through anything they want.

I think we''re doing a blend. No dowry is involved (not sure which side pays which anyways). No engagement money. I do have to do a tea ceremony (which isn''t a big deal) and I do have to get her diamond earings (see my posts in the diamond stud threads). No diamond necklace tho (thank God!).
Codex,

You sound just like my bf. I''m trying to walk him through the whole wedding procedure, but he doesn''t want to bother. I think that''s partly why he waited so long to buy the ring.

The dowry is the groom''s side paying the bride''s side. The bride''s parents keep the money, but nowadays, the parents give it back to the couple so they can pay the wedding. It''s more for show.

As far as dowry wise, I''m talking about those trays of goodies offered to the bride''s family, such as a whole roasted pig, dragon phoenix candles (you relight this when you have your first son), tea, bottles of cognac, shark fin, oranges, etc.

Before all wedding, there is the an engagement party where the groom will provide the bride''s family with engagement pastry for them to hand out to their relatives to announce the wedding.

If you have any questions regarding a Chinese/Vietnamese wedding, just ask. I''ll try to help you best I can.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2005 9:21:45 AM
Author: moremoremore
This thread is in poor, poor taste.
ditto---horrible. yes i am sure some are bad, mediocre etc BUT every situation has two sides AND all of these businesses have many employees.........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results