shape
carat
color
clarity

Would a french cut sapphire band fit into my "stack"

Does this blue band look good with my stack?

• Yes

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • No

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Meh

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Hey PSers.

I have been lusting after french sapphire bands for a while. A true antique. They are so rare in my size - 8-8.25

Guess what? I might have one that is an option for me!

3mm, platinum, impeccable condition and ideal color for me (not too vibrant)

I got a sample "fake" sterling band to test whether it is a good fit. The fake is much more vibrant....what do you think? Does it work well? Too clunky? Does it overpower my e-ring? I wanna hear your thoughts!!!

I wasn't planning on a purchase, hence my hesitation...but I am waffling...

The fake "test" band - 3mm

IMG-5685.jpg
IMG-5682.jpg

The "real deal" - 3mm

D152D864-64E2-4ECC-B61D-5F169AE04B70.jpg

Last edited:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they look lovely on you
if it doesn’t become too tight on your finger with three - go for it!
would you ever wear the plain band with the eternity?

I really like that pale sapphire one, next to the one you want.....

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks really pretty. I love the color of blue, too. So, those are sterling and “cz” or what kind of stone?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! But I love blue and white. So nautical and striking.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
The real deal would be my perfect colour :kiss2:. But I also read the video titles wrong and got so excited when I thought the real deal was the fake <sigh>

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I think they look lovely on you
if it doesn’t become too tight on your finger with three - go for it!
would you ever wear the plain band with the eternity?

I really like that pale sapphire one, next to the one you want.....

You know what - the pale one is the one I like most, but it is too small :cry: - I am wondering if it is worth holding out on the hope that one day, she finds that color in my size....

I think it looks really pretty. I love the color of blue, too. So, those are sterling and “cz” or what kind of stone?

They are CZ!

For anyone curious about buying a tester....

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What size is it?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
What size is it?

7.5! If you are interested - contact leslielsc on instagram

Given how that one made my heart pitter patter and that the timing is very bad for me to purchase anything...I might have to pass

But hearing feedback is giving me the confidence that one day I will definitely need to make my dream come true

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thankfully that’s a smidge too large.
whew!!!
someone else snatch it so I can see more pictures :love:

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Omg, @Cerulean these bands are so hard to find in our size, and that band appears to be in wonderful condition. You should pounce!!!! (and if you pass, lemme know because I'm lusting after one, even though it's probably out of my current budget)

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Omg, @Cerulean these bands are so hard to find in our size, and that band appears to be in wonderful condition. You should pounce!!!! (and if you pass, lemme know because I'm lusting after one, even though it's probably out of my current budget)

I talked to hubs about it - I have overspent recently - I think if it was the light blue one, or if timing was better, I'd be all over it.

I have indeed decided to pass. I believe it is 1400 if you are interested. It is in impeccable shape....I already almost regretting not buying it...but I think it is for the best

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait- @Cerulean
shes finding these - not having them made?
they’re vintage?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Wait- @Cerulean
shes finding these - not having them made?
they’re vintage?

I hesitate to say anything and have hesitated for a bit... but yeah. As an antique buyer, I don't think that these are antique or vintage. I think they are newly made to look antique and I don't know her background, but she may or may not know that. There are some excellent repros made out of Argentina in particular. I see a lot of red flags with the bands she has.

I would only purchase these if you think the price is fair for the item, taking the idea that they are antique out of the equation.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn’t say a fool.
if she’s finding these as much as she seems to be finding them- they are out there.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Personal opinion because you asked for it- I think it is a bit heavy looking with the wedding band and the 3 mm band. I think it would be nicer with just the one band or a thinner platinum stacker.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Personal opinion because you asked for it- I think it is a bit heavy looking with the wedding band and the 3 mm band. I think it would be nicer with just the one band or a thinner platinum stacker.

Appreciate the candor! I wasn't sure if it was too chunky. Basically, I won't part with my original wedding band or swap it out for something else. But it is a bit bulky. I've thought about engraving it to make it look a little more delicate, but not right now. I wonder if a 2.5mm sapphire band would look better overall. Or something that allows more visual "breathing room" - a design with cutouts, etc

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Appreciate the candor! I wasn't sure if it was too chunky. Basically, I won't part with my original wedding band or swap it out for something else. But it is a bit bulky. I've thought about engraving it to make it look a little more delicate, but not right now. I wonder if a 2.5mm sapphire band would look better overall. Or something that allows more visual "breathing room" - a design with cutouts, etc

I think a slightly slimmer band would be a nice compliment! If your fingers swell, you may find that the 3 mm plus the other two rings is really not comfy.

On the band... gah, I don't want to sound like that person, but if these bands are as old as claimed, there should be facet abrasions, milgrain wear, engraving worn down, stones may have shifted slightly with little gaps, little chips, and the stones will have smoothed out from wear on the top and look almost a bit buffed down, things like that. These are too "perfect" and she has too many for me me to believe that they are genuine antique/vintage. There can be a thing as old "new" stock, but she has too much of that for me to not have these thoughts. I don't like to see people buying things that they think are old though, when they may not be. I have had to learn that lesson, so I'm not saying it to be critical, but to provide some thoughts on what I see as red flags.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
They are not antique but I don’t believe she advertises them as such. She does have genuine antiques but those are usually marked as such. That said I have items from her as does @CHRISTY-DANIELLE and they are well made, substantial, and beautiful. And now I’m down a rabbit hole cause this is my size range, sigh

elizat

Ideal_Rock
They are not antique but I don’t believe she advertises them as such. She does have genuine antiques but those are usually marked as such. That said I have items from her as does @CHRISTY-DANIELLE and they are well made, substantial, and beautiful. And now I’m down a rabbit hole cause this is my size range, sigh

I'm glad if she doesn't advertise them as antique! That's fair then! When I read the comments, I was concerned because I just don't think they are. I think they are very pretty and they don't seem to be overly expensive for what they are, but if you think you are buying an antique versus not, it's a concern for me.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I'm glad if she doesn't advertise them as antique! That's fair then! When I read the comments, I was concerned because I just don't think they are. I think they are very pretty and they don't seem to be overly expensive for what they are, but if you think you are buying an antique versus not, it's a concern for me.

Yeah I might be the one actually mis-advertising here :lol:

I didn't ask her explicitly if they were antique...I assumed but that might be my bad!

***edit - this has come up with a few other posts recently - where antique styled items (such as "peruzzi antique style cuts") are just assumed to be true antiques. Seems like I personally should be a more conscious shopper and ask explicitly

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I think a slightly slimmer band would be a nice compliment! If your fingers swell, you may find that the 3 mm plus the other two rings is really not comfy.

On the band... gah, I don't want to sound like that person, but if these bands are as old as claimed, there should be facet abrasions, milgrain wear, engraving worn down, stones may have shifted slightly with little gaps, little chips, and the stones will have smoothed out from wear on the top and look almost a bit buffed down, things like that. These are too "perfect" and she has too many for me me to believe that they are genuine antique/vintage. There can be a thing as old "new" stock, but she has too much of that for me to not have these thoughts. I don't like to see people buying things that they think are old though, when they may not be. I have had to learn that lesson, so I'm not saying it to be critical, but to provide some thoughts on what I see as red flags.

I totally get your feedback! This is what PS is all about. I do not think your insights are coming off as overly harsh

I do wonder if a slightly thinner band might be more comfy. I don't like thin bands generally,...but maybe even 2.3-2.5 would help. My fingers are thinner now because it is chilly, but they swell a decent amount.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I totally get your feedback! This is what PS is all about. I do not think your insights are coming off as overly harsh

I do wonder if a slightly thinner band might be more comfy. I don't like thin bands generally,...but maybe even 2.3-2.5 would help. My fingers are thinner now because it is chilly, but they swell a decent amount.

As a fellow traveler in large paw land, I have found skinny (2.5mm and under) and plentiful is my sweet spot for stacking. These are all 2 to 2.5mm 20200209_161717.jpg

Sapphire is 2.5, diamond is 3.3ish, and ruby is 3mm.
IMG_20200704_201037_553.jpg

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
It seems like you’ve had a band like this on your mind, so usually I’d be cheering you on. But if provenance is important to you, I am suspicious that these are truly antique. Also, I love your wedding set as is.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a fun accessory to change things up? Totes.

But as a permanent fixture in your stack - I don’t love it, gotta be honest ;( The antique look - milgrain, engraving, even the french cuts - to me they don’t really mesh naturally with your very clean, very modern E-ring and band. I’m thinking a plain-channel sapphire band like your fakie - but with carre cuts - would blend more, stylistically... Do you like carre stones? They don’t photograph as well as frenchies but they’re beautiful in-person, I think. Tiffany makes/made beautiful square sapphire bands :love:

Last edited:

blingbae

Shiny_Rock
I love the way it looks!! The more bling the better, IMO. If you have to pass for now it means something better is coming for you in the future ;)2 (putting good vibes into the universe).

I may be a bit biased toward this style because its similar to what my next project will be.. I’ll be using all pink in the middle though! B3FA2DCA-9B0A-4A12-9BD9-9CB558DC3AAB.jpeg

It’s a beautiful band, but for me it doesn’t work with your ring and wedding band. It takes the focus away from your super clean modern ring, it’s not cohesive somehow for me. Just my opinion! I think if you were to get this band it would make a great middle/index finger ring for you to wear everyday (or an RHR). But not on the same finger as your wedding set.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Personally I really really like it as per your photo but I would agree with others that a plainer band would be my preference for your stack, I don’t think engraved and antique is the way to go.
I don’t find the width overwhelming at all and I wouldn’t go thinner than 2.5mm because I don’t think it will look right with your wedding band as it is reasonably substantial.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh and as to the comments on the vintage/not vintage bands. Personally I think they are in fabulous condition which probably indicates that as @elizat so thoroughly details that they are not the genuine antique article.
But regardless they have been done so so well that I would rather go for one of those than a slightly damaged genuine version or one that’s vintage but with not such great engraving etc. Also, personally whilst I can deal with imperfect colored stones, facet abrasion on sapphires is a real bugbear of mine so I would go for the newer but looks like it could have been transported from 1927 with a time machine version!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results