shape
carat
color
clarity

Will you stop buying diamonds....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
I was going to spend $2500 on my mother''s 5 stone eternity ring this xmas, but my father just lost his job (he worked there for almost 15 years). Instead of spending the money on the ring, I will give them the money + a diamond ring that I got on ebay couple days ago. The ring I got on ebay cost $200 (and it looks substantial on picture, but I don''t know for sure until I receive it and checked out by a jeweler). I will cut back on my own jewelry. No more gem stones and no upgrade on the ering. Gotta save up for the rainy days.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 11:07:31 PM
Author: lovegem
I was going to spend $2500 on my mother''s 5 stone eternity ring this xmas, but my father just lost his job (he worked there for almost 15 years). Instead of spending the money on the ring, I will give them the money + a diamond ring that I got on ebay couple days ago. The ring I got on ebay cost $200 (and it looks substantial on picture, but I don''t know for sure until I receive it and checked out by a jeweler). I will cut back on my own jewelry. No more gem stones and no upgrade on the ering. Gotta save up for the rainy days.
That''s so nice of you. What a sweet and thoughtful daughter you are....
5.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 11:20:48 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 9/30/2008 11:07:31 PM
Author: lovegem
That''s so nice of you. What a sweet and thoughtful daughter you are....
5.gif
Bless you. That is so lovely.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hasn''t changed. No plans to buy anything new for the rest of the year so that''s stayed the same.
28.gif

The only thing changed is that because my family is hurting so much, feel bad when I wear my new diamond earrings. Can''t enjoy them right now
7.gif

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely cutting back on jewelry, gemstones and clothes.
39.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I just bought my last big piece for a while - a 67. ct. J VS1 OEC.

My husband and I have decided to wait things out, and not go to Paris right now because who knows how the dollar will fair against the euro in November.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking of purchasing a few stacking rings, but I am going to hold off for now. I am almost finished paying off my student loan, so I am going to divert funds to that until it is paid off (my interest rate is 6%). Also, my BF and I are going to focus on stocking up on items that we use on a frequent basis to prepare since everything at the grocery store is likely to go up in response to the recession.

Perhaps after we prepare ourselves for the recession, I might purchase a couple of stacking bands, but it will depend on how we are doing when and if the recession strikes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results